• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

Guys im off seroquel for 15 days now. Its been 10 months since last invega injection. Im still anhedonic and ive been taking seroquel for the past 9months. How long untill recovery? Pls help
Do you sleep well without seroquel ?

This horribleness caused by Invega is now seeping into my relationships and making me house-bound and not wanting to talk to anyone.

I plan to cut out all members of my family /friends who I can because they don’t understand the fucking hell that I go through every day.
I wouldn’t do that. You might need help from them one day. I rely on family to do everything for me as I just have no energy/motivation to do anything. If you feel everything’s pointless you might have just realized life’s bad and not a direct symptom of invega.

I'm almost 4 months off. I started feeling good around 3 month mark. I am also on sleeping pills(zopiclone) which I started taping off amonth ago, now I'm starting to feel like crap again. Wondering if I should wait to taper off sleeping pills until the invega has gone.

I wouldn’t do that. You might need help from them one day. I rely on family to do everything for me as I just have no energy/motivation to do anything. If you feel everything’s pointless you might have just realized life’s bad and not a direct symptom of invega.
How can you separate “life” from well-being? They’re directly related. This is a direct symptom of Invega

Yeah no doubt invega caused it but if you’re like me and have been stuck just thinking about nothing for months on end you kind of realize there is no point to anything in life, and even with all the invega out of my system I think I’ll still feel that way. I hope I’m wrong though.

I keep getting banned from Reddit for discussing suicide because of this invega shit. It pisses me off so much that I’ve barely gotten any better and have tried just about everything imaginable. I used to be very optimistic and thought about the future a lot, now it feels like the entire world is a prison with nothing to do.

I also remember how I used to watch all these shows on Netflix and it was just so enjoyable, like watching Cobra Kai and being excited for a new season coming out. Now I couldn’t care less, and everyday feels like a continuation of the previous day.

I don’t think I have Anhedonia anymore as I sort of feel things. What I believe I have is Avolition. So unless it involves going to the store to buy stuff or reading forums I’m just not interested anymore. If my life is like this forever suicide or drugs will be the only solution.

The only drugs I’d do is Marijuana but that has its own problems because I went psychotic from smoking it and started having hallucinations and hearing voices, but it truly made me feel better when I was depressed last year before all this. Maybe I smoked too much or the wrong type - I don’t know.

To top it all off I’m also having an existential crisis, it would have probably happened at some point but right when I’ve got zero energy and absolutely no hobbies or interests to distract myself is literal torture. It feels like there’s absolutely nothing and no one that could save me from this.

I keep getting banned from Reddit for discussing suicide because of this invega shit. It pisses me off so much that I’ve barely gotten any better and have tried just about everything imaginable. I used to be very optimistic and thought about the future a lot, now it feels like the entire world is a prison with nothing to do.

I also remember how I used to watch all these shows on Netflix and it was just so enjoyable, like watching Cobra Kai and being excited for a new season coming out. Now I couldn’t care less, and everyday feels like a continuation of the previous day.

I don’t think I have Anhedonia anymore as I sort of feel things. What I believe I have is Avolition. So unless it involves going to the store to buy stuff or reading forums I’m just not interested anymore. If my life is like this forever suicide or drugs will be the only solution.

The only drugs I’d do is Marijuana but that has its own problems because I went psychotic from smoking it and started having hallucinations and hearing voices, but it truly made me feel better when I was depressed last year before all this. Maybe I smoked too much or the wrong type - I don’t know.

To top it all off I’m also having an existential crisis, it would have probably happened at some point but right when I’ve got zero energy and absolutely no hobbies or interests to distract myself is literal torture. It feels like there’s absolutely nothing and no one that could save me from this.
You haven't been off of it for very long, stop it. If you don't have anhedonia anymore, you have improved.

From what i see 99% people recover fully after stopping the meds even if they been long on them. Seems like here are rare cases that have these issues after... Hmm

I made a list of what Invega did to me: from most noticeable and troublesome. Can anyone relate to these specific symptoms?
———————————————————————-

1) no ability to engage in daily leisure or activities (no concentration, no reward/pleasure)

2) no appetite

3) no circadian rythym: my body just wants to be passed out all of the time so I have no “natural” rythym for when I wake up, go to sleep, or eat

4) stomach issues: I vomit easily when getting stressed or driving in a car.

5) I get overwhelmed super easily

6) I’m tired all of the time, even when I’ve slept a long time

7) all of the aforementioned symptoms just make me want to sleep all the time

Yes, for about 3 months I was mostly the way you describe but I also had a paralyzed bowel and still do. I think I’ve gotten a little better now that I can watch some TV/YouTube but it has to be super interesting. I watched a documentary about Fentanyl yesterday which was apparently made by the same POS that invented Invega.

I‘m still in hell because the things I lIked doing before like playing Fortnite is just gone for good. I’ve tried playing it several times but the game has changed for the worst, the map, weapons, graphics etc. It’s just not the same anymore. I played Resident Evil and had an OK time but after 30 mins I’d had enough.

I believe there’s parts of our brains defense mechanism not working. How can Police deal with so much bullshit and still get on with their lives? What about people that go to prison and get out still able to enjoy life? It makes no sense and since I feel like my old self without worries or fears in my dreams I have some hope I can return to that state one day.

Try all the natural things you can as more doctors drugs will probably fuck other things up. I was using St Johns Wort and drinking a lot of coconut water, I can‘t say for sure they will work but I wasn’t bed bound anymore at the 2 month mark.