Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry, that I let these doctors give me this awful poison. I thought, it would be not so bad, but I was healthy. But all people said, I should do it, because of the jugendamt. Now I have lost everything. And it gets not better. I cannot concentrate, have no emotions, cannot watch TV, it is no life.

This is so crap!!! This is pretty servere for me, so is it not for schizophrenia? Nobody needs not to have good feelings to get them going

could it be this is the culprit? or it is impossible to inactivate the receptor forever?
5-HT76.60Irreversible (or pseudo-irreversible) antagonist[46]

Mol Pharmacol. 2006 Oct;70(4):1264-70. Epub 2006 Jul 26.
Risperidone irreversibly binds to and inactivates the h5-HT7 serotonin receptor.

Risperdal and Invega have the same binding profile.
Maybe because its meant to be taken for a long while or forever and that what makes it irreversible, that's really messed up if its really irreversible and they don't care to tell us

I totally agree I did every drug in the world and never had psychosis till I took paxil. Then they inject me in the hospital against my will with antipsychotics, then I try to wean off the antipsychotics and i go psychotic, fucking evil! And now I am stuck because I've been on them years and it takes like 6 months to a year to get better, and I can't go that long having thoughts about murdering my family. These thoughts never happened till the antipsychotic withdrawal. I'm on the meds now and can't go off. FUCK YOU BIG PHARMA!

The people that are saying they recovered, it seems like it's just in their minds
I don't even know anymore, I don't have a hope this nightmare is lifetime

Last edited:
The people that are saying they recovered, it seems like it's just in their minds
I don't even know anymore, I don't have a hope this nightmare is lifetime
My brother said he had got 5 or more shots of invega 156mg a month and he has recovered, he said that he felt something was wrong with him stopped, he didn't complain much about it and was on other medication so I didn't think nothing of it really, he said he feels like he felt before the shots, he would have said something I would have never got on it but I supposedly had got psychosis but I think I just needed a good nights sleep, today he gets happy and smile and stuff

He couldn't say how long it took him to recover, honestly he took that crap and other medication, he beared it, I don't know how he could have, this is hope but invega makes you hopelesss, he didn't even excersise, he barely did anything and drank coffee everyday

I know for sure he was on it, I remember, all I thought of it was it made him smoke more or make him take more of his other medication than prescribed

Can you ask him how long to recover ??? I have no hope of recovering even at a year or so

Antiphsycotic drugs can cause brain damage, parts of the brain can slowly die, shrink and I read that people can take years to recover from them, your brain is never the same after taking them

You won't be the same person :s

Please ask him how long

Hey guys, registered specifically to share my own experience with Invega Sustenna (I read v1 of this thread but then skipped from page 22 to here).

It’s been roughly nine and a half weeks since I got the injection, just the initial loading dose of 234mg. I experienced a peak of suicidal depression by the two or three week mark, I gained roughly 25 pounds over two months, and for maybe a month I had trouble walking at a fast pace or concentrating enough to really watch television.

As an aside, I’ve taken plenty of different antipsychotics other than Invega, and I would classify it as the most disabling thing I’ve taken, along with Haldol.

Where I differ from most of you in regards to this whole thing is I think I’m mostly over the hump as far as heavy negative effects go. I’m still weaker than I ought to be, but my brain feels roughly like it’s mine again, and I was able to go out and get myself a temp job, doing physical labor no less. There’s still a great degree of emotional deadening, and my sex drive is still lacking, too, but I’m not hopeless about it. I feel better every day, or most days. Also, to note: Invega never interfered with how weed affected me.

Anyway, here’s what I think:
Walk as much as possible
Cigarettes - generally understood to interfere with the effects of antipsychotics, does stuff to dopamine, and nicotine is actually being considered as an area for study as official polypharmacy because of the ways in which it benefits cognitive processing in people on antipsychotics
Coffee - does stuff to dopamine
Vitamin B6 - supposed to lower prolactin
Zinc - supposed to lower prolactin
Gabapentin - dopamine agonist, somewhat anti-anxiety, should be easy to get prescribed, kinda fun to get high off once in a while
Go out and see friends - this is more important than anything else

Back when I cold turkeyed Abilify I read that more acidic diets helped excrete that particular drug faster, although I don’t know if that applies to other antipsychotics - I think it might, there’s lots of scattershot studies like that, frankly except for Haldol none of these drugs have really been studied to any great degree. I’ll try digging through stuff to see if there’s any other potential tips like that, though. There’s certainly.

Can you ask him how long to recover ??? I have no hope of recovering even at a year or so

Antiphsycotic drugs can cause brain damage, parts of the brain can slowly die, shrink and I read that people can take years to recover from them, your brain is never the same after taking them

You won't be the same person :s

Please ask him how long
All he said was for a long while, don't know exactly, which I think he should have known but who knows he was on a couple other medication and he over takes his medication sometimes, I guess 2 years at the for me

All he said was for a long while, don't know exactly, which I think he should have known but who knows he was on a couple other medication and he over takes his medication sometimes, I guess 2 years at the for me
I meant 2 years for me personally, I can believe that it takes years, I guess we will see if were normal after recovery, honestly I think he beared through that crap for a long time

I agree with u guys my social skills are shit now I don't even enjoy going out anymore now that I'm back home. I have all the energy in the world to workout now but it's like when I get home knowing I can't get drunk makes it like what's the point of going out with my friends if I can't get drunk. I'll smoke again as I got a job interview on Monday and hopefully my heart rate will return to normal as it's been dropping over the last couple of days since I've been doing elliptical cardio for 20 mins moderate/high intensity. Maybe I'm sweating this bitch out idk but I have some emotions but they are blunt they get better as time goes along tho I know recovery is possible

@Rosi

Maybe you should get a gym membership and try going on a run the drugs shouldn't be affecting ur heart rate so maybe that will kickstart some endorphins for you. I feel better when I work out and I'm at month 7. If ur at month 11 maybe it kickstart some dopamine rushes. Also pot. Pot helped a lot when I smoked it I got huge rush it was nice. Try it if u haven't Rosi you can't sit on ur hands with this crap in ur system u gotta take charge at some point

In regards to certain receptors being permantly deactivated by irreversable binds, the whole process shouldnt be permanent itself because our receptors normally recycle/go through synthesis.

There can still be complications like damage done from the drugs that alter or disrupt the way our receptors synthesis.

I wish, everydays a struggle but I guess im noticing patterns of very slow improvement. Agitation/akathisia improved compared to other months but overall I just feel like Im slowly shutting down somehow like somethings not right. I was given poison by force(I refuse to call that shit medicine) and havent been the same since. Im forgetting what life was like and how I use to live. I dont like what ive become, its not who I am and just doesnt feel natural. Like being mechanical and malfunctioning with just enough concious to remember and realise just how totally fucked this situation is. Im hopeless and not sure theres a way out, hope all is well with you.

Sad part though is even though permanently blocked receptors get recycled, some properties from the antagonist can get recycled into your new recepter in such a way where you now have a naturally blocked receptor even with the drug out of your system which I guess can explain why some can suffer indefinetly.

This is criminal shit and manufactures/prescribers need to be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.