Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not laugh, sing, cry, paint, work, cook, get drunken, have less oestrogen, not watch TV, not going out, my hair is not beatiful, I look awful, have no hobbies, less apetite, want not go outside for a walk, I don't know what to do every day.
You will recover, I don't think you are that far off, even though its been a long time already, I would say a couple more months, I had the 2 initial doses too, honestly I'm given it almost 2 years, I forgot who it was but had the 2 initial doses too and he said he felt better at 14 months and recovered at 18, and my brother has recovered and is able to enjoy things, has emotions and can get drunk

Today I can watch TV, have more appetit and can better sing! - and I can cry! I have some hope today.But I am very nervous.

Last edited:
Will you ever be 100% again, I read that the drugs cause brain shrinkage damage. it's like an injury to the brain will it ever function like before

It's sad even a year people start to feel better and not fully recovered

@momogus how many months are you off

Will I ever recover to be the same person again, I feel like I'm going to live the remaining life being a different person

Last edited:
Will you ever be 100% again, I read that the drugs cause brain shrinkage damage. it's like an injury to the brain will it ever function like before

It's sad even a year people start to feel better and not fully recovered

@momogus how many months are you off

Will I ever recover to be the same person again, I feel like I'm going to live the remaining life being a different person
I'm on month 6 since my last injection

I can cry and I feel like I will never be the same again

I read 2/3 posts where people said they are not the same person anymore, they are changed, on top I read brain damage from antipsychotics.. it adds up
The thought of me changing as a person is heart breaking I want my oldslef back

That would suck I heard alot of people saying they arent the same again longterm aswell. Like being stuck in a dumbed down version of yourself. This shit makes me sick.

@Vbodnariu
You heard a lot of people saying that ?? Do you know how long approx they been off and saying they are not the same
I read people saying around 1 year and half to 2 years
That they are no longer, there's nuthin to look forward to

To me recovery means getting back to myslef 100%
Not being in dumb down version of yourslef, this seem like we are stuck in this for ages
And there's really not much recovery if your not going to be the same person

Recovery happens everyone. Please do not panic. It just takes so long. Only recently did my complexion completely return to normal. Also my constant sweating has almost stopped. Even after one year I was still getting some PHYSICAL symptoms.

I have had more progress in the last couple months than the previous year. I am still not fully recovered but I finally am recovering. Do not worry if it is over a year and you don't feel a lot of progress. It is ok and you will be too!

Is it a good sign, when I can watch TV, that my emotions came a piece back? Will I be ever have everything back?

Recovery happens everyone. Please do not panic. It just takes so long. Only recently did my complexion completely return to normal. Also my constant sweating has almost stopped. Even after one year I was still getting some PHYSICAL symptoms. I have had more progress in the last couple months than the previous year. I am still not fully recovered but I finally am recovering. Do not worry if it is over a year and you don't feel a lot of progress. It is ok and you will be too!
Do you think, that we will ever be the same person like before?

I think you hit the nail on the head. It could be longer or shorter but generally a year up to 18 months on average. Some heal sooner and some heal later. The people speaking of healing in 6-12 months are young fit people that got lucky, the ones who are speaking of healing taking even longer, are older and had more exposure to antipsychotics. 

If you are in the process of healing, don't expect one of the "early recoveries." You will be disappointed, perhaps even scared. I know I was. Don't worry and take the horror stories with a grain of salt, just like anything.

You all have been a great support and you all are like a second family. I hope you are all doing well and heal quickly but tryn to not think about it so much!

My brain cognitive function/thinking is coming back the brain fog is finally lifting tonight I feel wonderful. :)

@copperdome Yes I agree this forum is unreal and you get lots of support here. I will never forget what this forum has done for me.

I really hope you all recover quickly/soon. :)

Edit: @Rosi71 Please dont give up you will recover.

Last edited:
I'm 8 months off, had 4 injections completely med free. Theres probably been minor improvements nothing major I can function thankfully living a very healthy lifestyle despite invega challenges. No drinking, I do intermettient fasting, vegan, supplementing with zinc magnesium selenium copper, omega 3s, probiotics, drinking around 4 and half litres of alkaline water daily

I don't think it's going to change drastically around a year off, it's a super slow process
Probably by mid summer next year, I'm willing to wait. If I have to wait until next summer to be myslef again, I'll happily wait.

@copperdome your almost close to recovery, hang in there. Why are you taking Wellbutrin if for depression. Please try niacin vitamin b3, there's a book written by dr abram hoffer check it out. Antipsychotics or antidepressants cause brain damage its best to stay away from them when you can cure the problem naturally. Wellbutrin could be delaying your recovery. I hope you give naicin a chance. Stay healthy :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.