Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people may have been shot up with invega in the first place due to stimulant abuse or amphetamirn psychosis. Amphetamine abuse also causes a massive deterioration in functioning, personality change, sever anhedonia and a robot like personality. I know this from my experience with amphetamine and from previous adderall abusers I met who all were dull, monotone, burnt out robots but were at the same time all very paranoid. Many of these people were put on Invega/Risperdal. Often psychs abuse their power and put Meth addicts and speed abusers on antipsychoics to prevent stimulant abuse and neurotoxicity. This would prevent people from getting high on stimulants and the serious consequences of glutamate excitotoxicity and dopaminergic neurotoxicity from speed (adderall) abuse but due to the dopamine blocking effect of invega it also temporarily causes a worsening of anhedonia and decline in functioning. So it is likely counter productive. The best thing for human brain health is no stimulants and no neuroleptics. Both are harmful to the brain.

Hey copper how many injections did you get in total? Thanks man
2 in total. the 2 starter doses. i am 10 months off. I was last dosed 306 days ago. i recommend trying ibogaine. i have had slight improvment while micro-dosing. i feel like i maybe should have taken a flood dose. however i do recommend trying it as it does help me noticably and it is the only thing that has helped other than excersize helping ever so slightly. good luck to everyone and i hope you all are well.

@undiminished,

I had 10 injections and recovered completely within 8 months. The damage felt permanent during that time but I can honestly say it was not.

After 6 months of being off the drugs I wanted to help speed things up so I drank organic raw fruit/veg juices and took the following herbs/supplements:
- reishi mushroom,
- rhodiola rosia,
- damiana

I remember the day after starting the reishi in particular a strong soothing feeling in my guts, it was like a knotted rope coming undone...

Memory and sexual/reproductive damage repaired fully. Thoughts became deep and meaningful.

I spent a lot of time walking barefoot in grass and sungazing.

I was also drinking 'lucozade' original for glucose. Listening to loud music and smoking a lot of weed (ounce per week) and about 20-50 cigarettes per day. Mapacho cigars and red wine once a week.

I'd take hot Epsom salt baths to relax my nervous system and muscles conpletely, which were fantastic and I still do this today.

This was early 2017, I was put back on forced neuroleptics in February and have to re-live this hell once more.

Why assume zombiemode or others here use stimulants. They are proven to make most people with mental health issues much worse and cause permanent psychotic disorders in many people. Meth and adderall abusers have a 9 times increased risk of developing schizophrenia. Due to the permanent brain damage and chronic psychosis caused in some speed abusers, some researchers have hypothesized that a large percentage of schizophrenia diagnoses could be due to rising stimulant abuse.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/289973-overview

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753819

I realize I sound like a douchebag saying this again, but I feel its important to point out again that according to scientific studies amphetamine causes more permanent damage to the brain in terms of neurotoxicity than Invega does. Honestly from reading this thread for over a year and talking to various users injected with invega it seems that more than half of them were placed on it in the first place atleast in part due to the consequences of heavy drug abuse.

I cant speak for others here but I can only share what the current studies show and my own experiene. I smoked my home grown organic cannabis for over two years without any psychiatric problems whatsoever (was very sporty, relaxed and outgoing) and then like a fool started using adderall and within two months lost a lot of my wit, personality and became increasingly serious and suspicious. I was diagnosed as showing prodromal psychosis. I then kept using adderall over the following six months and deteriorated further. I was still creative and had a vivid imagination, emotions and a girlfriend but my whole personality changed radically for the worse in that one year. I was then put on Risperdal consta shots which did screw me up. But from what I understand after talking to some neurologists this week is that the damage to brain function and neurotransmitters from Risperdal is mostly temporary whereas from amphetamine its permanent neurotoxicity. I really am trying to look out for you Mikecheema and I hope you believe me that using amphetamines after being diagnosed with psychosis and especially while recovering from neuroleptics will worsen the damage and hinder your recovery.

I fully agree with you man that neuroleptics are poison. But so are all psychiatric drugs, including stimulants. They all degrade neurotransmitters and harm the brain in multiple ways in the long term. I am living proof of this.

If you need a temporary escape from the torture smoke some weed. It wont cure anything or make you feel like you used to but atleast its safe and doesn't cause further damage.

I've had my last injection end of April so it's been 3 months. I still don't feel 100% recovered but have noticeably improved compared to the walking shell I once was. I now joke around with my family and have the energy to wrestle with my cousin until I sweat all over my body. I didn't even use to have the energy to lift a finger or go for a long walk. Now things have changed a bit.

Anyone here with a negative attitude needs to realise that Invega is not a death sentence. With some exercise and a supportive environment things can start turn for the good. But I still empathise with you guys cause I know what it's like to be a walking zombie. Hope you guys recover and sorry to hear about you Narshe. Try to take it easy this time.

Hey copper are you still doing good like you were a few days back. Do you think you are almost back to your original self. How much % would you say that you recovered so far all around? Thanks so much man

No problem. I am still doing well, but a few days ago I was just having a particularly good day. I am still having a decent time. I can still only catch about 10-15% of a buzz but that's a big improvment from 0%. It is hard for me to say what % I have recovered. I would say maybe 40-50%... which still sucks but everyone says the last 40-50% goes a lot faster. I will know for sure how much Iboga helped and to what degree after a couple weeks. So far it seems to be helping quite a bit.

Im so extremely tired and depressed around the 4rth half life. I really hope there is that much of a drastic change that people speak of within the next few months.

Hey copper so it's been 10 months off for you and you got 2 injections total and you can still on barely get a buzz? Damn man can you please keep us updated with your recovery and let us know when you are 100% recovered truthfully. Thank you

Yea that's been it. I will definitely stick around until the time comes and let you and everyone else know. I am happy with the 10-15% of a buzz I can catch because it use to be absolutely 0% no effect whatsoever. So yea even tho I'm not quite there I should be in a couple of months. Give or take a couple months! =(

@mike,

I took clopixol in hospital which is the worst of the worst. 3 shots in total. They say this is the most potent AP. Also zyprexa. Other than that I took abilify.

I never took stimulants.

@Zombie
Ive never taken Clopixol but ive heard its poison. Its one of thr typical neuroleptics like Haldol? Does it give you akathisia or parkinsons symptoms? Why did they force it on you after you already recovered from Abilify? From what I have read Clopixol is kuch more potent than Abilify and is as likely as Haldol to cause neurotoxicity and tardive dyskinesia. What side effects are you currently still suffering from Clopixol?

I had a weird experience today. I'm hitting my 6th month mark after being on Invega sustenna 117mg for a little over 2 years. I was at work and right before my smoke break I got this intense wave of what felt like adrenaline but I think it was dopamine rushing through. It happened 10 minutes before break and then I went out and smoked a cig and every time I took a drag I had this intense feeling that rushed through my whole body like I was doing a hard core drug. It was somewhat enjoyable but too intense near the end of the cigarette. I read a post awhile back and this happened to someone else but I didn't think it'd happen to me. Anyone else experience this?

@jmoore

That's really cool it means everything is coming back! I haven't expericned it yet I get bursts of euphoria when I go drinking but I'm only on month 3 right now. Good luck recovering!

Status
Not open for further replies.