• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Coming off codeine with subutex

Great work O.P.
You are doing a very good job.
You have so much to look forward to!
Congratulations on the twins!

I”m really glad you found BlueLight before deciding to take Bupenorphine.
I am having a hard struggle with Suboxone.
It has so many side effects. I want off this stuff.
I feel like the “professionals “ have put me in a harder position .
I wish they just let me taper off 75-90 mg morphine daily.
I begged them to let me taper.
I just don’t understand the point of why did they put me on something stronger, and harder to get off of???

The ”professionals “ really do NOT seem to know much about what they are doing to others.
You kind of have to find your own way.
I am still trying to find that way.

I wish you well and best of luck.
Keep tapering that codeine down.
It is SO much better to experience life .
You got this.
❤️👍

Hello,

New member, long time lurker here.

I have searched threads but can't find one specific to my situation.

I am addicted to codeine and I am absolutely desperate to get off it.

I am taking 2,100mg a day.

I could taper but I am considering the Subutex route just for speed, as I no longer crave the high and if I could click my fingers and stop this then I would.

Does anyone know where I could find a tapering schedule (I have looked for absolutely ages, but the amount I'm taking isn't covered) or be able to talk me through it?

I'd be eternally grateful and just want to get my life back.

I CWE three times a day, with no doses in between.

I know how unpleasant withdrawal is but if it means getting on Subutex then I will do it happily.

The only thing is that I don't really know how long is safe to wait with the amounts I'm taking but I can go 12 hours without even thinking about dosing.

I also have no idea what dose of Subutex I should start on, how long I should stay on it, or when and by how much I should reduce.

TL;DR: I take 2,100mg of codeine a day and I'm considering Subutex to withdraw. I have no idea where to beging and I'm looking for a withdrawal schedule.

Thank you so much in advance.

Sounds like a good idea to me, but 100% go to a doctor/addiction place and they'll titrate you onto subutex. Guessing a dose would be a terrible idea, and if you just get your own, you're only gonna end up addicted to that as it is MUCH MUCH stronger and more addictive than codeine.

Sounds like a good idea to me, but 100% go to a doctor/addiction place and they'll titrate you onto subutex. Guessing a dose would be a terrible idea, and if you just get your own, you're only gonna end up addicted to that as it is MUCH MUCH stronger and more addictive than codeine.
I agree 100%

Thanks but unfortunately I don't have the money and I'm on benzos.

The taper is going well, too, so I'm sleeping well, eating well and living what a regard as a "normal" life.

When my does was at its highest I was lethargic all day and "naps" turned into 3 or 4 hour sleeps, making it impossible to sleep at night.

I can't remember the last time I had a nap and, even though I still have a big dependence on codeine, it doesn't feel like it..

Because I have energy and can make every day an productive one, I'm not as obsessed with getting clean as I was to begin with.

The desire to get clean remains the same but I don't have to put myself through quite as much discomfort as I was expecting to.

I was going to cold turkey at 10 pills a day, but I think I'll go even lower than that before jumping off.

The taper is going well, too, so I'm sleeping well, eating well and living what a regard as a "normal" life.

When my does was at its highest I was lethargic all day and "naps" turned into 3 or 4 hour sleeps, making it impossible to sleep at night.

I can't remember the last time I had a nap and, even though I still have a big dependence on codeine, it doesn't feel like it..

Because I have energy and can make every day an productive one, I'm not as obsessed with getting clean as I was to begin with.

The desire to get clean remains the same but I don't have to put myself through quite as much discomfort as I was expecting to.

I was going to cold turkey at 10 pills a day, but I think I'll go even lower than that before jumping off.
Hey, im so happy to see this update, im really pleased you are doing great and regaining a bit of normality to your life! Take it slow but keep it up, its worth it!

Oh, sorry I forgot that people in the US have to pay for doctors visits, addiction places etc.