• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

Part of the withdrawal feelings returning may be mental...a "mind over matter" type situation based on the fact that you've tapered so low and are looking at jumping off soon. Try to minimize your fear of withdrawals and jumping off as much as possible. The mind is an amazing thing and is definitely in charge. Try to use it as a tool and don't let it be an impediment.

Day 11 suboxone... well Idk if I should say that. I didnt take my normal dose. I"m going to see how long I can go again without dosing .25mg. hopefully I can skip today.. Any spacing between dosing is good right?. Will exericse and supplement with vitamins etc like usually and continue to update!

Wish I could smoke some weed... I moved back in with my dad since my mom died from cancer 2 months ago.. I hear smoking dope before bed helps a ton to keep your mind off it etc etc. If worse gets to worse Ill have some Kava Tea or Tramadol. No biggie. I got this everybody! I will also drug test myself the next time I have to pee and update you all after! THat shit better be out of my body after 12 days!

New withdrawal symtoms: Loose stools...slightly more resetless legs, more lethargy. Thats about all I notice thus far. Havnt taken any suboxone today. Day 11.

Last edited:
Yep... Just did another piss test.. its a high quality one... 12 panel one. Still testing positive for Morphine 12 days after last use. My last use was .5g insuffalated. I just can't believe its almost been 2 weeeks since my last H use and its still in me.. WTF!? Sorry venting haha. Today is my first day soo far without any sort of opiate support in over a year..that is a great feeling, I don't feel "CLEAN" untill My piss test is clear.

Anyone... Skip tomororw? any input? Withdrawal is getting worse...Diaherrea has arrived lol.

In a perfect world, I'd say skip tomorrow, but I've been there a thousand times and I know it ain't easy. If you can keep busy, yes, skip. Also, if there's no insomnia, yes, skip. But if things aren't working out and there's nothing else you can do, there's no shame in stretching one more day at 0.25mg. In fact, the longer you go at 0.25mg the more successful your withdrawal will likely be.

Just try to go as long as possible before you tap out and dose.

Bro you did not fail. You slipped. You are doing great and made it that far !

I don't know about that and I m on my cell ATM so I dont feel like googling it but could it be the Sub that make you test positive ?

Another thing is if you worry (as you should) about peaking your withdrawal at work you should really consider quitting the Sub before the weekend. People with more experience in fast Sub tapet might help in suggesting the ideal day. My guess would be Wednesday but I really dont feel qualified enough.

Again, great work so far and remember that no matter how hard it can get you did a lot in mitigating the worst of it and you are getting there.

Day 12 suboxone taper... 12-6-4-2-1-.5.5.5.25.25(0)<--- today first day on zero. I'm going to bring a sliver to work jusy in case it gets too bad. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can tho.

Also yesterday and today a new withdrawal symtom is the shits.. runs etc.. NO FUN! Well going to take my L-tyrosine, 5-htp take a hot shower and head to work. Wish me luck everyone. Much love

Update: Drug tested myself again. It's been 13 days off of Herion. I still tested slightly positive for Morphine which is what its converted too.. Crazyness.

Last edited:
Suboxone metabolizes into norbuprenorphine,wouldn't come up as morphine.

hmmm crazy, that after 13 days Its still in my system. Well withdrawal is here, bu tits very mild.... Still havnt caved and taken the .25mg of sub. NOthing so far! woot! Going to take a walk on my lunch break, hope it helps. DOes anyone know or have a article to post on how fast your brain heals (opiate receptors etc) and how fast testosterone rebounds after discontinue use of opiates? That would be awesome! Thanks everyone! I still got this!

good stuff man. i have no idea, but you should start feling really good in a couple of weeks due to the 'pink cloud effect' or 'false stone'. look it up if you dont know what it is.

i think youve done really well. you should have as long a break as humanly possibly even if it means suffering a bit at work. or better still just stop altogether!

I don't have an article but can tell you from the rehabs and detoxes I went to the Post Acute Withdrawals(PAWS) can last 6 months to a year before your brain is acting at preabuse capacity.

Well I made it through work today without taking a sub, no sub at all today. So its been about 36 hrs since my last Sub which was .25ish mg? I did have 4oz of Kava Kava Tea just 30 min ago.. It has a numbing sensation to my tongue... Idk if thats normal. Anyway... Def feeeling more withdraw coming. chills...werid runny nose feeling, gooshfleesh. YAY! lol See how I feel as the night progresses and the morning arives if I want to take anotehr .25 and skip days or just stop all together. We will seeeee. Id still enjoy comments or anything you got. I'm still going stong. Much love, Brian.

I give you some serious props Brian.. I was on heroin for I guess about 3 years and I've now been off/on a sub program for a year and a half. I read threads on here all the time and finally made an account, but I wish I had went this route instead of continuing to be a prisoner to some sort of drug whether it be street or pharm.. I love how you put "yay!" because reading on, you know the signs of withdraw and it almost seems like you are welcoming them in a good way. just keep fighting and think, once it gets to its worst, it can only get better from there.. I really hope this works for you, you got this! %)

Thank you. Welcome. I'm ready to be done with opiates.. Being a slave like a puppet on strings. I made up in my mind that im DONE! I just wish I didnt have to work, and I could focus on healing at home... Blah. Depression has arrived as well...

you got it though man! keep pushing through! try and time it so that you can go the longest you have so far off the subutex during ur off days from work.

Niiiice, not giving in during work is highly props-worthy.

I'm not sure if the Kava tea had any caffeine, but just watch out for that. You don't want to ingest a single mg of that stuff right now.

Good job, bro.

Ya.. I gotta time it right, I can't fake these withdrawlas at work, and I can't afford to call off anymore. No caffeine during this process why? more anxiety? I have heard to use a lot.. to combat fatigue? So I guess its what I want ? More fatigue or more anxiety?

Ya.. I gotta time it right, I can't fake these withdrawlas at work, and I can't afford to call off anymore. No caffeine during this process why? more anxiety? I have heard to use a lot.. to combat fatigue? So I guess its what I want ? More fatigue or more anxiety?

I didn't mention the reason because I wanted to avoid planting the thought in your head...caffeine might exacerbate or even completely generate insomnia.

Out of all the withdrawal symptoms I hate insomnia the most.

No amount of caffeine will help the fatigue from H withdrawal. And no stronger stimulant is suggested because you are gonna really amp up the anxiety and get terrible RLS. Every time I've switched to Subs, which I've gone back and forth many times, I like caffeine, like a cup after each dose (I usually do 2 mg doses about 3x a day until I am stable on the Subs and but back). But, I also have plenty of benzos on hand to handle the anxiety. If you have a high caffeine tolerance and tolerate it well then it very well might help. I know without subs, that is cold turkey, I can't drink any coffee or energy drinks or I will puke it up and I have no desire to drink them anyway.

I didn't mention the reason because I wanted to avoid planting the thought in your head...caffeine might exacerbate or even completely generate insomnia.

Out of all the withdrawal symptoms I hate insomnia the most.

Perhaps but the anxiety for me is so bad I can take tons of downers and still get no sleep.

Well.. another new day Day 12: Soo far 12-6-4-2-1-.5-.5-.5-.25-0(0Today)... Still havnt popped one.. going to take a sliver to work .25 and see hwo long I can last weithout caving. Itas been 48 hrs since last .25 use of sub.. Took my L-Tyrosine, b-6 and going to go on a short walk to get endorphins flowing...or reproducing.. woke up today with severe muscle tightness weakness everywhere... but be the opiates leaving hte body more and more.. Much love. I'm not giving up people. For all the times we got high, and felt on on top of the world, this is just pay back baby. Much love everyone, and have a good day. I Hope to hear from you all soon. Brian.