• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

Thanks for the comments people. I had the urge to take more but didnt. Instead I went for a difficult walk outside for 45 mins. I feel slightly better now. Soo take .5mg again tomoorw or?

Well Since nobody commented, I decided not to take anymore that day. I"m up at 4:00am Fell asleep around 10pm.. so got about 4 hrs asleep. Went to bed fine, but woke up and was impossibel to go back, so I just got up. I'm on day 7 of subs and day 8 of no H. I dosed .25mg upon waking. So tapering has been 12-6-4-2-1-.5-.25. Hoping this holds me over... Thinking about today being the last day to take any. If soo ill just have tomorrow "friday" to suffer at work then have Sat/Sun.. days 2-3 to withdrawal bad if it comes..What do you guys think? Have great day. I'm going to continue supplementation to.. L-tyrosine, b-6, multi, True calm, and 5htp, Hylands "eg cramp formula" at night. Staying strong day 8 off H! but 7 on suboxone I know its nots not clean yet.. but its a step in the right direction!

I also wanted to update that I have been doing a TON Of reasearch online.. Tons of people are telling me to not do this 7 day quick taper, and it will just make me relapse, and the brain has not healed and the receptors have not minimized. I have too many receptors that have been created during addiction that will be empty once this quick taper is done. Its better to be on a very low dose of suboxone lets say 1mg - .5mg for a week or two then jump, and let the brain desensatize the dopamine +seratonin receptors... I also have heard that if you take amphetamines during the later stages of withdraw it helps TREMENDOUSLY like addys etc.. not meth or cocaine, nothing of that matter. The XR (extended release adddys) is what I've been told helps the most during hte jump for the extreme fatgiue and exerising while on the jump will heal the brain even faster. What are everyon's op on this matter? Again im on day 7 of sub atm at a current taper of 12mg-6mg-4mg-2-1.5mg-.5mg. I also like stated before the avg mean half life of subs is 37 hrs so its very easy that the 2mg sub may still be active, and is why I don't feel too bad yet. I would love lengthy responses from several people if possible. Thank you all soo much, and like always I will continue to update everyone on every detail and my progress. Staying strong.

Hey bud. I would get off the subs as soon as u can. Sounds like you've tapered more or less exactly how i do. In fact today i took 1mg. Same tomorrow and then that's it. Expect to be uncomfortable. This is my 10 day with no H. 2.5/3 g a day IV habit so we're in similar situations. Im expecting a few weeks of fatigue ,sleeplessness etc. You should too. Go for it man

Are these doctors telling you it's to rapid a detox? Probably not and although I'm not one either as I stated earlier the state I live in the detox center has always done 7 day detoxes(rare instances of 10 day detox) for opiate users. I hate to tell you but your receptor aren't gonna heal at the very least 6 months usually longer that's what Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome(PAWS) is.Thats why I'm telling you ,you will have to grit it out some nobody escapes this abuse to are bodys without a price. I know this sounds so corny but put all that negative shit out of your mind think positive(mental attitude is big part in recovery) you seem to be really anxious(understandably) but you can do this. Keep occupied and stay away from junkies no matter who they are(friends ,family whatever).

yeah man, youre gonna take some time to heal. the withdrawal is only the beginning of the journey if you wanna stay off the stuff for good.

getting 4 hours sleep is good, man. during my last detox i didnt sleep more than 45mins a night for 2 weeks. youve just gotta ride it out. use the comfort meds, but expect a couple more weeks of serious discomfort. its actually kind of interesting if you try and go about normal life as best you can having had no sleep and feeling weird and anxious.

consider some NA meetings if youre serious about this. im get the impression you dont really know how hard this is going to be to stay off.

Thanks again for the replys . So most of you think I should make the jump? Since today is day 7 of subs. Wouod you call tapering suboxone detoxing? I'm not off completely so may end that's why I'm still getting 4 hrs of sleep?

Yes tapering is what they call a therapeutic detox(with meds). You do what most of us addicts do and think to much,lol. You need to focus elsewhere and remind yourself never to pick up again because each detox is harder. You got it brother,keep up the goodwork. I myself would probably take another .25 on Friday since you work and be at home on your first nights completely sober.

Yep.. Think too much is a curse. I think that's a good idea. Ill reduce again tomorrow and only take .25mg then be done and see how it goes on the weekend... Hopefully well. I will continue to update you all, and any advice at any time is much much appreciated.

Update day 6: Slept about the same.. not good not bad..Took .5mg at 9:00am. So again my Taper has been 12-6-4-2-1-.5. SO today is day 6 on Suboxone day 7 off Herion... I'm feeling okay so far throughout this process and to most... Extremely fast taper. One major update form tapaering I've noticed is musle soreness... the kind that id feel after a really hard workout after not going for awhile. Calves especially. I started supplments yesterday L-Tryrosine, B-6, L-Dopa, Vitamin c, And RLS support at night. I hoping viscious withdrawas just dont start all of a sudden.. I hope what I'm experiencing now will be the worst of it? What does everyone thing. Hope everyone has a blessed day. I also have the Kava kava Tea, and Tramadol on standby if need me. I have no temptation to use tho.

I hate to be this guy, but you are still feeling the larger doses of suboxone, as it has a long half life, and only in a few days will your blood serum be down to an amount equal to one of those smaller doses of subs.

Your probably right about the half life... I purchased a piss test to see if the h gotten out of my system . It's been a full week... 7 days and I still tested positive for h and morphine... which is converted I know ... wow

So to update you all Day 7 on suboxone and 8 days since H... Taper update has been 12-6-4-2-1.5-.5...Tomororw is 8/21...Just keep going back n forth from taking another .5 again in the morning or just jumping. I want my worst withdrawal day to be on the weekend. But maybe it wont get much worse only been on .5 the past couple days... what do you guys think about all this?

I'm certain you've passed the extreme part of physical withdrawal which is between the 3-5 day mark but you'll experience relatively low wd side affects. This is nothing you won't be able to handle. Again though,remember don't worry about letting other people down you need to be selfish in your recovery. It makes me feel good if I can offer you any helpful info because I've been there and know how difficult it can be.Keep up the good work and please keep us posted,your friend namnoc!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm certain you've passed the extreme part of physical withdrawal which is between the 3-5 day mark but you'll experience relatively low wd side affects. This is nothing you won't be able to handle. Again though,remember don't worry about letting other people down you need to be selfish in your recovery. It makes me feel good if I can offer you any helpful info because I've been there and know how difficult it can be.Keep up the good work and please keep us posted,your friend namnoc!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo, you are forgetting he is using suboxone as an opiate replacement, so no, the worst of his withdrawals aren't going to be on days 3-5 when he took 24mg's of suboxone throughout day 1 to day 5.

if you were to jump off now, the worst of the withdrawals probably would be sun-mon.

maybe try jumping now, and if you cant move on monday morning and you have to work, then do .5mg. just dpnt be tempted to up your dosage. its gonna take a while to get over this, so if yo work mon-fri, youre gonna have to work in wd's at some point.

i know it sucks, but man up and do it. go into work and inform people youve got a bad cold or something so you dont look too odd and power through would be my advice....if you keep drawing this out, youre just gonna end up hooked on subs and make the rattle last longer. maybe try and get some valium, ibuprofen and immodium for work.

DO you guys beleive from reading through this journye and my taper.. more then likey at most 1mg is in my system at MOST? ... so thats equivilennt to 20mg oxyoconde.. Icould taper off that no pobrlem.. but our brains dont agree.... lolI'm thinking your right and just ridigint it out until I can' take anymore then just do .5mng like usual yoance that happens to have some space in between for healing to take place..... once again tapering so far has been 12-6-4-2-1-.5-..5.....Tomoroorw---NOthing...gonnna try it... Or maybe Take tramadol at least 25 hrs after subs to help with thewithdrawl and stop gap... so pronounced effects dont take place. just getting sciency heree! Lovey you.. and the more comments teh better. BE BRUTELY HOENST THATS WHAT I WANT!!! Even if it hurts my feelings.

DO you guys beleive from reading through this journye and my taper.. more then likey at most 1mg is in my system at MOST? ... so thats equivilennt to 20mg oxyoconde.. Icould taper off that no pobrlem.. but our brains dont agree.... lolI'm thinking your right and just ridigint it out until I can' take anymore then just do .5mng like usual yoance that happens to have some space in between for healing to take place..... once again tapering so far has been 12-6-4-2-1-.5-..5.....Tomoroorw---NOthing...gonnna try it... Or maybe Take tramadol at least 25 hrs after subs to help with thewithdrawl and stop gap... so pronounced effects dont take place. just getting sciency heree! Lovey you.. and the more comments teh better. BE BRUTELY HOENST THATS WHAT I WANT!!! Even if it hurts my feelings.

I'd say probably around 4-5mg of suboxone active in your system based on its 37 hour half life. I'm not gonna lie, if u jump now it will be tough, but a lot easier then if u had just went cold turkey off the h. Remember you didn't get yourself into this in 1 week, so it'll take longer then 1 week to recover but I say stop all suboxone now, ride out withdrawals through the weekend and then maybe on Monday use .25mg suboxone for work to be functional. Or not if you feel okay. Just keep on track, you got this man.

I'm saying that he's not gonna be in extreme withdrawal like if he kicked cold turkey. I've been on and off opiates for 21 years(my addiction is old enough to drink).Yes you'll feel it some but at a manageable level. Shouldn't be leg kicks or anything to extreme.Proably have sniffles,maybe some aches,definetly some insomnia and anxiety. I'm not trying to get into pissing contest I know you guys as well as me have his best interest at heart(that should remain our focus). Stop the subs tomorrow and keep us posted. Unless you want to do suboxone maintenance you have to stop sometime and at .25 I can't think of a much better stopping point. Some people will end up once they are at your level skip a day and take another and you can but my point is you would be just prolonging the inevitable. Your gonna feel a little shitty but the suboxone detox can only take you so far,you won't escape the feeling a little shitty part. 1 more thing Bhall99 again ou are thinking too much,don't orry bout what number is in your system please don't lose focus on what's important and that's closing this door for good. If I had doubt I was steering you wrong I wouldn't give you advice I(actually we all) want to see you make it and as long as you don't lose sight of your goal you will!

update Day 8: 8 Days on suboxone 9 days off Herion. Woke up at 5:00am. Got much better sleep last night for some reason, feel rested today. Didnt take any sub. So the last time I took a sub was yesterday at 3:00am so its been 27 hrs since I've had .5mg in my system... and I've been on the .5 2 days prior... Hoping for good results and the total blood volume to keep ON DROPPING then out of my system for good!

Get some Kratom buddy, I was very skeptical but am blown away how well it works in withdrawals, I was at 150mgs oxy a day then tapered rapidly down to about 50mg a day, had to jump off yesterday, got some kratom, took 4mgs and my withdrawal symptoms are literally zero...read around BL there a bunch of people that have used K to come off subs and methadone...just need to be responsible about it and not take it for too long and taper off it too

Edit: you're on good path bro, I'm just sayin it may help the few days when u jump off