• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Cocodamol - The drug of the credit crunch? plus other codeine/dihydrocodeine queries

I hadn't, thank you for that! That's insane, could really fuck someone up doing a CWE..

Under the name Ultram, its actually market as an anti-depressant. Not that anti-depressants ever work.

People actually get recreational value from tramadol? 150-200mgs I hear some say - usually followed by the phrase "more is better with tramadol". Might give that a bash presently.

I would disagree actually - I don't get a lot from tramadol but I find lower doses spread out do the trick a lot more than a big one. It allowes you to convert more tramadol to o-desmethyltramadol, the metabolite responsible for it's opioid action..

It's really important you don't go crazy with tramadol doses, there is a real risk of seizures. 400mgs is the recommended daily maximum - people's seizure thresholds vary a lot so some people get away with taking a lot more, where as others can seize on less. Also a risk of serotonin syndrome if you combine it with anything else serotonergic.. you have to be careful with tramadol given it's combined opioid and SNRI action.

Thanks. Love learning about pharmacology.

@150mgs, no noticeable recreational value, however I should be a sneezing, snivelling mass of tingles right now due to opiate withdrawals and...I'm not.

Good enough.

Found some 30/500 codeine tabs too so I'll neck a few over the weekend. Thank god for that.

Yeah I never got much from tramadol and I tried a range of doses :( glad it's taken the WDs away though!

So is doing a CWE cheaper than making a nice cup of poppy tea? Which works out at something like £1 for eight or so hours of moderate opificiation with continuing glow into tomorrow.

I've only had two cups so far but it's very nice. Very similar to o-desmethyltramadol in fact, which is the opioid I know best after our nine-month love affair. Slightly stronger sedation, but pukier, which I hope to resolve by application of anal administration; also seems to fuck up my sleep less.

O-DT <3 I miss that.. people seemed to get varying responses (as ever) but for me it was head and shoulders above the likes of codeine/DHC.

I've had good success with poppy pod tea in the past but not tried it since my tolerance went up, maybe worth giving it a bash again though, the long duration is definitely a winner!!

Cocodamol's £1-£3 a box (ish) with about 250mgs codeine total so it depends on your tolerance really. Not got the longevity that's for sure but at high doses it packs more of a punch for me. Pod tea is more background-lushness I found..

Yes I too miss the o-dt <3 but my use was becoming a habit so it had to come to an end. I should probably stick to the poppies as the effort involved in the prep and foulness of the taste are useful aids in limiting consumption!

Haha yeah good call!

I wish O-DT would come back but actually it was a blessing it vanished when it did, was becoming far too much of a regular thing..

The other day i took a large overdose of tramadol. Not all at once, but i ingested over a gram in about 20 hours. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling really good, like i was nodding on opium tea, so when i woke up at 8am with nothing planned for the day i popped another 150mg.... then i awoke an hour later with one of the worst headaches of my life

It's my fault i know but along with alcohol & cocaine i consider tramadol to be one of the most dangerous drugs i frequently encounter.

Today ive had a nice helping of codeine & dihydrocodeine & i'm just sailing man. Fuck tramadol. I am prescribed it for pain along with codydramol but at my next doctors visit i'm thinking of asking for the slow release trams so i only have to dose once or twice a day.

Eep glad you were okay! It's definitely not one to fuck with.. many doctors aren't even aware of the potential dangers in my experience.

Slow release sounds like a good plan..

I had to explain the link between tram and SS to my doctor after first hand experience - he didn't seem to have a clue there was such a link. Didn't seem to think it was much of an issue either - not like people may take substances not prescribed by their doc that may interact and do themselves a nasty or owt 8)

He also dishes it out like sweeties. Seems to think it's so undesirable as a drug that anyone who wants it is welcome to as much as they want. But won't even consider DHC as an alternative :\

Yep that goes with my experience too. DHC is rarely prescribed these days.. where as many docs hand tramadol out willy nilly with no awareness for the potentially dangerous side effects :\

To be fair to him, he does prescribe a pretty decent amount of both 30/500 co-cos and straight codeine pills (and both diaz and temaz (albeit less per month than he used to)) so could definitely be worse. Would gladly trade my now-unused (for three months =D) tram script for even just a few DHCs tho - chronic pain is chronic and painful. If I stuck to the doses he suggested then I'd be fucked in all the wrong ways every day of the month rather than just some of 'em. Ho-hum.

I was kinda annoyed that my doctor, who's been a GP since the late 70's just said 'have a go with these (traamdol) & let me know how you get on', just weeks after i started taking venlafaxine, which i read can have a major interaction.

I'm not quite sure how to word what i want to express to him at my next appointment...

Fuckin hell doppel! Talk about unprofessionalism 8o
You really could have been in a lot of trouble if you'd have ingested them both together :\
I would suggest you write down what you want to say to him.... And then possibly add a few more "You fuckin idiot!" and "Go back to cocking medical school you cuntface!!!" -'s in there ;)

Tramadol was useless for me also. Though, when combined with gear, they did seems to leave me nodding out for a good 3 hours longer than normal. So that was good :)
I would like to try it out as an Antidepressant though. It'd be weird taking an Antidep during the day, as I've taken mine before bed for..... Jeez.... going on 4 years + now.
But if could swap my Amitrptyline and Codeine for Tramadol, it would be interesting if nothing else.

Oh and yes - Staggered dosing is definitely the way to go with it as you both mentioned Shammy and Effie :)
Really wish I got to experience O-Desmethyltramadol. I bet it was well fuckin lush :|

^ Tramadol is actually one of the best antidep's I've been on. Sadly. Probably due to it working almost instantly as opposed to having to wait weeks/months for it to kick in properly. The big problem are the side-effects and (potentially lethal) interactions. I guess if you don't intend to take any other substances whatsoever whilst on it it has it's uses. was a fan myself for quite a while but as with similar SSRI/SNRI tings it just ends up blunting everything good and bad alike and turning you into a zombie. Only worse cos you're now addicted to both opies and antideps and run the risk of dying in delerious agony if you take owt else fun without a suitable sabbatical either side.

Better than amyltriptyline maybe... or maybe not cos as vile as the latter is it has far less potentiall for mischief. It's also a stimulating AD/opi which is either a boon or problem depending on the individual. Glad to be shot of the shit myself.

Heard mixed reviews of O-DT but suspect it was way better than tram itself. Will stick to codeine and pray for bupe meself though.

Codeine linctus VS co-co extractions

Hey EADD,

So I finally got the balls to ask for a bottle, then got shot down because I said it was for my Gdad... Today I sucseesed and have infront of me 600mg codine.

I am a well built guy and weigh 100kg and I need atleast 2 coco extractions to feel anything. I have been doing them pretty recently and they do very litle now.

The question is how much is typically lost doing the extractions? I know on paper you should get it all, but I have read many threads of people drinking their normal coco extracted dose and geting overwhelmed...

Should I just chug the whole bottle :D (I want to and may well jsut do this anyway regardless of your foolish HR advice!)

=D

p.s. my extrfaction technique is sound, the only thing i do differently is apply pressure tot he mixture as it passes through the filter papers to cut the filtering time from 2 boxes down from like 45 mins to 5, I have compared this with doing it the slow way and they are the same :)

quickly people it's Monday morning and there are drugs to be done ;)

also got some etizlams of whcih i have taken 2, but my GABA tollerance is so high it is 99% sure not going to lead to any issues, infact ive mixed the 2 before.

Yeah down in one, people say there's a ceiling but i don't really notice it, 600mg is a good buzz, itchy but good!

just dug out a single antihistamine to hopefully lsow em down, i do like the itch though :D

btw, how long should you wait before dosing, and don't say days ;)

When is it effective i mean, I have 1 coco extraction going as we speak as the linctus was a nice spurise :)