• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social v. Stoned apes in orbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolll. my guy got raided the other day:\ so where i live is dry af:| im prepping for school anyway so i'm saving my money for dat good good. =D

on the plus side i just found the cig i lost in my room recently. just after a heavy meal of KFC too :D

lolll. my guy got raided the other day:\ so where i live is dry af:| im prepping for school anyway so i'm saving my money for dat good good. =D

on the plus side i just found the cig i lost in my room recently. just after a heavy meal of KFC too :D

that sucks! my main connect is a dear mate so i would be gutted if he got raided but yeh it's been dry my ways as well. the T break sucks but expecting some heady nugs soon.

also kendrick lamar is legit. sage francis, lol. that dude can take his peta shit and shove it up his arse. i remember bumping moka only, people under the stairs, j-live, et al. back in the day. if you're into that kinda shit don't sleep on Shad. mac lethal is depressing to see, i knew a bunch of dudes like him but with more compelling rhymes and they still called it quits and moved into real lives and careers. funny to see his tirades about how dumb people are tho, clearly he doesn't spend much time hanging with his nutswingers i'd bet my life savings none of them was top of their class either.

Sage Francis is the fucking man and disliking his music because he's into PETA drops my respect for you down several notches, Thuj.

Kendrick's cool to hear on the radio, but I'd never spend money to own his music.

Those others aren't even worth a mention these days, in my eyes. That's what makes music great, though. One person can think a dude is shit, and another person can get all irate because their favorite artist is being called shit.

Different strokes.

the facts about peta are all out there man. they're a psychotic group of clowns that don't really give a fuck about humanity. there are only two reasons to bed down with them: 1) you're as psychotic as they are, 2) you drank their kool-aid. frankly i was taken aback when i heard that sage francis is supporting them. it's one thing to be a vegetarian and a totally different thing to endorse the scum of humanity.

I don't give much of a fuck about PETA, and your post is the first I've heard of Sage Francis having "bed down" with that "psychotic group of clowns."

I guess that's what you get when you look past the music, huh? But see, the thing is, I don't give a fuck what a person does with their day-to-day. Live and let live, but if you're (not you personally, Thuj) not one to let live then I'm very much for being a complete dick towards you (again, not you personally, Thuj) every step of the way.

You can like music and not support the political (err.... animal rights?) movement an artist advocates outside of his discography.

and then, you have this from the man himself

https://twitter.com/sagefrancis/status/473312464944513024

Speaks for itself really. To inform myself I looked at Sage's PETA connection, and really all the dude did was advocate a vegetarian lifestyle in association with them. Doesn't seem like he was a warrior in the fight or anything.

And now, my thought is that it's definitely a fuckboy move to hate on a person for a decision they've made in the past, regret, and are trying to make amends for. Fuckboy move through and through. History's shown us time and time again that we've got a lot of people on this planet that just don't know how to move on.

Last edited:
yeah I can't stand listening to anyone talk about animal rights without addressing things like human rights for starters. I'm talking about the people who cry about dogs in animal shelters while wearing nikes and talking on their iphone(shit made by slaves in other words). If you are more concerned with saving some dog or cat(who are technically invasive species) than you are about stopping things like human trafficking or slavery...well I don't really have much to talk to you about.

yeah I can't stand listening to anyone talk about animal rights without addressing things like human rights for starters. I'm talking about the people who cry about dogs in animal shelters while wearing nikes and talking on their iphone(shit made by slaves in other words). If you are more concerned with saving some dog or cat(who are technically invasive species) than you are about stopping things like human trafficking or slavery...well I don't really have much to talk to you about.

Which is why those kinds of records don't sell, and people don't talk about the shit on a track.

I agree with you, just.... I don't feel really strongly about PETA, human slavery/trafficking/sweatshops. I mean, sure, they suck, but what the fuck is my hatred of it going to do about the issues at hand?

I like the music. Somebody doesn't because outside of the music Sage once had a brief association with a shitty, hypocritical, shameless organization with the thought of maybe getting a wider reach to his own personal messages of positivity, and I just want to point out it's good to look at a person's intent before you write them off-- and maybe not be so hyperbolic about the shit in your efforts.

If the criticism were about the music, I'd be a bit more open to it.... but there's fucking terrible people that have been in the limelight throughout contemporary history, simply because they made music people liked even if they said and did batshit insane things when they weren't on-stage. The underlying point here is if you like the music, it doesn't matter the person it comes from (and to be fair, now that I think about it thuj didn't really say anything about the music so this little ranting I've gone on might not even really apply to any of youse guise. Consider it, like... Xanax-induced ramblings. I'm cool with that.)

Last edited:
sounds like I jumped in the middle of a conversation I don't really know much about, other than my own opinions about animal rights.

I think I agree with you though about music and not having to be a pretty or good person to make good music. A lot of the best and most popular music has come from very dark places. Lately I've been trying to listen to more positive music because I personally feel that I am more positive in general, but I still think it's silly when people try to bring up false causes to feel good. Not saying everyone should feel bad and miserable about what is happening in the world, as I agree we are largely unable to immediately do anything and feeling shitty about a bad situation doesn't do anything productive. I do think we should be mindful of the world though, all I was really saying. Not accusing anyone here of anything.

So check out this shit, lawyer flips off state trooper and then drives off after invoking some strange lawyer right.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rqGNui_R2s

PETA can get pretty militant & do some really stupid stuff. They like to sucker in vegetarian/vegan celebrities to front their campaigns. I guess most of the celebs don't really know what PETA are about & just get used for propaganda before quietly distancing themselves from it.

PETA seems more like just another one of those things that people with power use to influence and sway votes or laws. Something mindlessly emotional that most everyone can relate to, and very hard to disagree with publicly without seeming like a monster.

Like in CA everyone is using the drought to try and win office or write bills and so on, saying stuff like "no water equals no jobs"- as if a politician can do anything about the drought that has been going on for years, a decade or more I believe even. Not to mention if we really run out of water then no one would give a fuck about a job, there will be much bigger problems besides not having work like not having water to drink. Yet almost no talk about how many municipals are selling water for 1000% above average prices, or how major water bottling companies are pumping practically uninhibited and in turn drying up lakes, reservoirs, and underground aquifers. At the same time that there are signs(put up by municipals) encouraging and some even demanding water conservation there are major corporations doing things like pumping non-stop on indian reservations to get around many laws.

Guess that's what we call capitalism.

PETA seems more like just another one of those things that people with power use to influence and sway votes or laws. Something mindlessly emotional that most everyone can relate to, and very hard to disagree with publicly without seeming like a monster.

Like in CA everyone is using the drought to try and win office or write bills and so on, saying stuff like "no water equals no jobs"- as if a politician can do anything about the drought that has been going on for years, a decade or more I believe even. Not to mention if we really run out of water then no one would give a fuck about a job, there will be much bigger problems besides not having work like not having water to drink. Yet almost no talk about how many municipals are selling water for 1000% above average prices, or how major water bottling companies are pumping practically uninhibited and in turn drying up lakes, reservoirs, and underground aquifers. At the same time that there are signs(put up by municipals) encouraging and some even demanding water conservation there are major corporations doing things like pumping non-stop on indian reservations to get around many laws.

Guess that's what we call capitalism.

How bad's the drought effected you personally, Maf'? Do you wake up some days with your water off because local government is implementing some kind of "rationing" system? That's been going on in my neck of the woods regarding power these past couple weeks. There's been a few brownouts since summer started, so a few weeks ago the major power company in my area started doing these weird "flush" things where, every day between like 1pm-4pm, my AC unit turns into a retard and will only cut on for about 5 minutes-- and then it's off for another 25min before we get another 5min relief.

It's better than losing all the power altogether like what was happening before, but it's still a pain in the ass when your house can jump from 73F to upwards of 90F in less than half an hour, EVERY half hour.

That's not worse than a water shortage, but it's still irritating.

alsssooooooooooooo

mother fuckin' lil dicky collabed with mother fuckin' snoop dogg, what the FUCK is happening

Last edited:
Personally it hasn't effected me really tbh, sounds like you have it a lot worse over there. Power always stays on, always water in the tap so far. Really, this drought in all likelihood won't effect my generation too severely because of the massive underground aquifer that california sits on. There is still 50-100 years of water underground at the rate we are drilling it. Unless you are a farmer or work directly for one then you probably aren't effected by the drought much, other than maybe minimally more expensive produce and grocery. If you are a farmer, you will likely have to drill a well, or drill your existing well deeper. There are many profiting massively, like agriculture well drillers and pump guys. For some, the drought has been a time of profits never seen before.

People are still watering lawns and other decorative vegetation, crapping in portable water, and so on. Local municipals are cracking down ever so slightly because IMO no one wants to be the first one to draw the line in the sand. I don't personally think the drought is as bad as some might make it out to be, but then again I am not directly involved in farming and other occupations heavily dependent upon a massive source of fresh water. A farmer in the Fresno-Bakersfield area might talk a little differently about current affairs.

One thing that can't be denied or argued though is that if we continue this path there will be hell to pay. Perhaps not our generation or in our lifetime, but at some point resource will be depleted. There are many ways in which we should and could improve the situation, things like no fresh water to be used on lawns, requiring households to set up a grey water system in which waste water(but not heavily contaminated) can be used for purposes like toilets and watering vegetation, as well as innovations in things like the way in which farmers irrigate their crops.

Things most definitely need to change or crisis will occur, but I wouldn't say that we have reached a state of emergency yet.

and wtf lil dicky and snoop????????????????????????????????

Personally it hasn't effected me really tbh, sounds like you have it a lot worse over there. Power always stays on, always water in the tap so far. Really, this drought in all likelihood won't effect my generation too severely because of the massive underground aquifer that california sits on. There is still 50-100 years of water underground at the rate we are drilling it. Unless you are a farmer or work directly for one then you probably aren't effected by the drought much, other than maybe minimally more expensive produce and grocery. If you are a farmer, you will likely have to drill a well, or drill your existing well deeper. There are many profiting massively, like agriculture well drillers and pump guys. For some, the drought has been a time of profits never seen before.

People are still watering lawns and other decorative vegetation, crapping in portable water, and so on. Local municipals are cracking down ever so slightly because IMO no one wants to be the first one to draw the line in the sand. I don't personally think the drought is as bad as some might make it out to be, but then again I am not directly involved in farming and other occupations heavily dependent upon a massive source of fresh water. A farmer in the Fresno-Bakersfield area might talk a little differently about current affairs.

One thing that can't be denied or argued though is that if we continue this path there will be hell to pay. Perhaps not our generation or in our lifetime, but at some point resource will be depleted. There are many ways in which we should and could improve the situation, things like no fresh water to be used on lawns, requiring households to set up a grey water system in which waste water(but not heavily contaminated) can be used for purposes like toilets and watering vegetation, as well as innovations in things like the way in which farmers irrigate their crops.

Things most definitely need to change or crisis will occur, but I wouldn't say that we have reached a state of emergency yet.

That's awesome it's not really effecting that majority of people that badly. Least when it comes to drinking water. Fuck lawn and curb appeal when people don't have shit to drink.

For me, the power issue really only effects the AC now that they started doing the controlled brownouts, I guess you could call them. When the power was blacking out, I think it's because everyone they were servicing decided to put the AC on blast, you know? Overloaded the system, so now they're policing that shit.

and wtf lil dicky and snoop????????????????????????????????

I KNOW RIGHT

That's pretty crazy how they are turning off the power. People would be up in riots over here if power companies were shutting people off. So between 1-4pm there is no power except the 5 min intervals? That is pretty wild. I've heard of people attack linemen and never understood why until I heard about the things that power companies do. It isn't the lineman's decision though.

that lil dicky and snoop song was pretty weird. Sounded like they both had someone write their lyrics for them or something, then again I wouldn't be surprised by snoop sticking his nose in anything that he thinks will make him money.

^^Yeah, I thought it sounded like dicky wrote it and had snoop fill in for a set role kind of deal.

crazy that they even did that together though.

ohhhh noo, it's like.... i forget the word they used when they described it in the letter.... it's like, to conserve energy, they're remotely making it so the AC units they service only work for several minutes at a time for everybody, from set times like 12pm-4pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays... honestly, I don't know how the fuck they do it. Even if it's on at they're designated times, it'll blast for like 5min and then cut off for close to half an hour before another 5 minute spurt... and it just keeps doing that for a couple hours until it just kicks on like regular.

SMECO's the company. Look 'em up if you feel up to it. I just remember them using the word "flush" to describe it.

Last edited:
man that is still pretty wild, I wonder by what mechanism they do it. Might have to look deeper into that one myself.

so have you heard this one? lil dicky with fetty wap and rich homie quan, song called "$ave dat money" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3X_zx8q8_s

Yeaaaahhhh, I actually realized that he put out his Professional Rapper cd when I saw the cartoon video for the song, so I went ahead and grabbed the whole thing.

More on SMECO: http://www.smecocoolsentry.com/residential/how_coolsentry_works.php

Thing is, they talk about signing up and enrolling in the program, but.... I don't remember ever being given a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.