• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can baclofen often ease gabapentin withdrawal

Well the baclofen I can't really tell it's doing anything. I mean I feel more drowsy and I did have a headache but as soon as I got into bed after taking all the medication including four hundred mg of gabapentin I just started to feel what I call a pinch in the heart. Like the anxiety starts in my heart and it's not racing or anything it is just this friction like a static going off constantly.

So all in all I'm going to start treating myself as a patient. Yes I will have cravings but it is seriously not worth any of this anguish.

My mind is so fried from xtc, shrooms, meth, pot, opiates, kratom, ethylphenidate, I mean I'm done with this. I'm tired of going day to day seeking a pleasure that is only fleeting. I want to live and not die. Make the most out of my life. Thanks for being in my corner. I know it sucks but, I believe I will get thru the worst of it.

Wulp, my dreams where about my ex again but it was all the trauma I endured back in 05.

Read meth stories on Best of bluelight and mine is like the second to the last page and it will give you a little insight into my trauma.

The baclofen is working. Instead of getting me high it just reduces the urges to do any gabapentin but this is my third 10 mg I've taken so we will see. I just don't want to go thru baclofen withdrawals. I've been thru phenibut withdrawals and those are bad for like the first three days then they start to mellow out...

How come you had baclofen withdrawals? Where you getting high off of it? Not that I care because I'm done with all this anguish caused by my addictive personality.

I'll read it.

No. I was taking the max 80mg dose a day for over a year and then had an accidental overdose on 2.000mg of it which obliterated my receptors and left me in a state of an intense withdrawal syndrome. You won't go through withdrawals the way you're using it. It's only long-term, high dose use, or recreational use. And then the second two times were immediately after which I had no access to it, so the withdrawal syndrome re-initiated, then I got my medication back for a week, and then went without out it again, precipitating another withdrawal. This was all due to the intense lack of GABA B receptors from the OD

2,000 mg man, I couldn't even imagine that. I heard like the top out was 200 and that in itself is dangerous. But ya the baclofen once it got into my system it started to work. I didn't feel it immediately but wulp, I always have bed dreams but last nights where nothing like the day before.

I hope you and I and the rest of us bluelighters can get somewhat clean. Because I know first hand addiction can be brutal.

That's good to hear. I hope it works well. Yeah. The delerium it caused was insane. The intrathecal of baclofen comes with a blackbox warning not to stop it suddenely because it can cause high fever, altered mental status, muscle rigidity, rhabdomyolysis, organ failure (from the hypermetabolic syndrome), which can lead to, in rare cases, death. Not fun stuff, lol. Your dreams should get better. Do you mean last night's were better, or the opposite?

Ya like last nights dreams where better then then dream I had the day before where I dreamed my ex was calling all her boyfriends she had ever had to come beat me up lol. This was when there was below 10% of gabapentin in me and as I awoke I could tell even with klonopin it was going to suck.

That's good. That dream sounds really vivid, and it sounds like it sucked. Hope they continue to get better. Do you notice any sensations of itchiness or feelings of bugs crawling on you, that doesn't abate when you scratch at it? It's an effect from cholinergic and noradrenergic innervation that occurs after withdrawal from depressant-type drugs.

No more like a never ending itch that stings even if I don't itchy, actually it's not itchy at all I can just feel my nerves are like backfiring and where I had surgery it hurts the most.

Ya I wake up with my legs numb and hurting. That's why I used kratom because every doctor thought I was just drug seeking.

If I stand for more then ten minutes my legs go numb and I'm like WTH?

I hate doctors like that. They get so paranoid and assume the patient is lying whenever a condition comes up that might possibly involve a controlled substance. You could look into getting on baclofen. The GABA B receptor - besides its action on spasticity - has been shown to help with pain. It won't be as effective as gabapentin or pregabalin, though.

My GABA receptor book lists all these therapeutic benefits of GABA B receptor ligands and their effects and application:

- smooth muscle relaxation, contraction - asthma

- antinociception, neuronal hyperpoloarization - pain

- LTP-modulation - cognitive deficits

- enhanced feeding - food intake modification

- fat intake reduction - binge eating

- drug addiction suppression - drug abuse

- vasopressor action, antitussive action - spasticity, coughing

- respiratory depression, insulin, glucagon release - diabetes

- gastric acid secretion alteration - GERD (I think arbaclofen was being developed for this)

- suppression of panic behavior - anxiety/panic disorder

- neutrophil chemotaxis enhanced, inhibition of neurotransmitter release - inflammation

- inhibition of cognitive function - cognitive deficits

About the dreams. When going thru GABA withdrawals, did any of you guys get the nightmares where you keep waking up inside your dream, but had the sense that there was evil all around you? During my last WD I got one of these dreams, and I kept waking up in the dream in the bedroom, and felt like there was evil presences all around me, then I looked behind me, the room was dark, and I saw someone sitting on the bed with the sheets over it's head looking at me.

My brain then came awake, and I became conscious, but my body was paralyzed, aka sleep paralysis...

Anybody had similar dream experiences? Definitely not normal dream material.

Yes I have but not while in gabapentin withdrawal. Mine where just PTSD but it wasn't as bad as the nightmares I get now.

But yes I have had a dream in a dream in a dream. I mean I thought I woke up and some type of force felt like it was raping me. Succabuses are what their called. Bloodsuckers.

I've also had those dreams from not sleeping after cocaine binges. While in cold turkey late opiate withdrawal I deal with wet dreams. Heh, normally one doesn't mind those, but you feel nasty as it is when in WD, it just adds to the mess. Sucks even more when you have to do it in a place like jail, where you only get clothes changes on certain days. I've been stuck freeballing and washing my drawers in the sink still a sweaty mess. Awful.

Thegirlwithbluehair. Does baclofen help mood? I feel like I did before I ever took xtc. Not on it just when I never got into drugs as much as I did in 05. I mean it's nice. Like I have no desire to take more. And it just helps my depression and mood all way around and it only took like two days.

Yeah definitely. It works better than benzos in my opinion at the right dose for anxiety and helps a lot with depression. I couldn't imagine not being on it. It completely gets rid of introversion and social anxiety. I don't know why it hasn't been discovered for psychiatric purposes - other than drug addiction - yet. What dose are you taking?

I0 mg three times a day but I also have four hundred mg of gabapentin. Just enough to get me by until Tuesday. It's like it works on dopamine, because it feels like the joy coming back after a comedown of xtc.

I'm glad to hear you have enough gabapentin. I think that's the deinactivation of the t-type calcium channels you're feeling which speed up dopaminergic neurotransmission. This is the mechanism which also makes it liable to cause hypomania in high doses - along with the other GABA drugs like gabapentin, phenibut, and pregabalin.