The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Camden Nj Raid Anyone know about it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ The Tactical Narcotics Team (TNT) is a comprehensive, five-phase program designed to reclaim areas of the County where cycles of drug dealing flourish, by arresting and vigorously prosecuting drug dealers, eliminating environmental conditions that often contribute to the high crime cycle, and educating members of the affected communities in safe methods of assisting the police in maintaining a drug-free low crime environment.

But around JC and newark.... they do most raids on Tuesdays and Thursdays hence TNT...

^ The Tactical Narcotics Team (TNT) is a comprehensive, five-phase program designed to reclaim areas of the County where cycles of drug dealing flourish, by arresting and vigorously prosecuting drug dealers, eliminating environmental conditions that often contribute to the high crime cycle, and educating members of the affected communities in safe methods of assisting the police in maintaining a drug-free low crime environment.

That came from the Miami-Dade Narcotics Division website...Florida :\

But around JC and newark.... they do most raids on Tuesdays and Thursdays hence TNT...

Hence TNT...I thought it stood for Tactical Narcotics Taskforce :\
Maybe raids do occur on those days more than other days of the week in JC or the Bricks, I can't speak from personal experience. All I was saying is it'd be ridiculous to have such a predictable jumpout schedule as an actual tactical policy.

And I'm not tryna break your balls or anything so I hope it didn't sound like that. Before anyone tries to break mine, please remember I'm just talking about Camden, the original scope of this thread

Thanks for the input :)

I think the very idea of TNT is overstated to the point where it's become some mystical concept to a lot of junkies. Camden city police is no longer really segregated into divisions like a traditional department. The notion that there's a force of ball-busting bad-ass-motherfuckers out there who solely exist to fuck around with dope boys on the corner, and furthermore only ever make an appearance on certain days of the week that anyone could figure out in two seconds, and there's no mention of TNT even existing around Camden anywhere on the internet...really kind of ridiculous. Unless you're talking about the HIDTA team, which is made up of Camden City PD, Philadelphia City PD, DRPA, and others. But the extent of them being a 'team' is basically them sharing info and planning shit in compstat meetings; they don't have big ol' riot buses with "HIDTA" plastered on there next to a crosshair. But yeah we have that organization and it's verifiable at least. TNT, in Camden at the very least, may be more of a concept if anything at all. Jury's still out though as far as I'm concerned

Unbreakable got it part right. TNT stands for Tactical Narcotics Team. Basically a group of city cops, some maybe from other agencies whose main job is to pretty much what he said in the above paragraph, probably copy and pasted from a website or something. They raid projects, hot spots and corners; areas where there are high levels of drug activity; buying/selling/using/etc.. They go in and can have a specific mission (Take down a specific dealer for a case) or just do check ups to keep everyone on their toes or when the dealing is getting to be a problem and residents and others complain, they come in and clean up. They arrest everyone usually, from dealers to users, etc. TNT is just a name, and most cities have them or some sort of form of them. Tactical Narcotics Team is one used in NYC and a lot in North Jersey cities. Every large city might have one. Jersey City, Newark, Paterson, etc.. They usually are on a CITY-level. There are other drug interdiction agencies, some have multiple jurisdictions, some work for different counties or the state, etc. Camden has a TNT, but it might be called something else. It's just a city level drug task force, that's all. Plain and simple. The Tues and Thurs thing (and I'm going to get a lot of shit for this from some people who SWEAR) is BULLSHIT. It's not called TNT because they hit on Tues and Thurs, Tues and Thurs ARE NOT designated days. Drug dealing goes on EVERY DAY. They just don't wait till a fucking Tuesday or Thursday. I have seen TNT raids at Sunday night at 8 PM. The whole Tues/Thurs thing came from NYC in the 80's and early 90's because they actually hit on Tues and Thurs on those designated days, when they had the big crack epidemic problem and were cleaning up. So they had so much drug crime, they had designated days so mid-week days such as Tues and Thurs were perfect for the taskforce to do their job back in NYC then. Now, THERE ARE NO DESIGNATED DAYS. And if you say, well I seen them on Tues or Thurs, it's a fucking coincidence. They hit any day, any time. Usually they hit weekdays during the day, because cops have families too and a lot of the older cops or guys on the force have weekends off so Tues and Thurs might happen more frequently, but they can hit Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, 8 A, 12PM, 4PM, 9PM, Any time they want. Like I said I've seen several raids on Sunday nights at 7-8PM. Just be careful out there. Keep an eye out for them. They are easy to spot, but if you get caught in a raid, you are usually fucked. Get in and out the spot. You can usually get a heads up when they come, they try to catch people off guard and it works sometimes, but I always got the phone calls "Your gonna have to give me some time, TNT is here, doing their shit. Give me an hour and I'll get with you then" or "Don't come through, TNT is here, Call me in a bit."

Alright I'll meet you in the middle and say that Camden surely does have a thing like that, but they call it the Hit Team and it's just made up of regular cops who assemble and gear-up when they decide something needs to be hit. Other then that, those same people are riding around in radio cars going to all kinds of calls.

Thank you for explaining why the 'certain days' thing that a lot of people are always talking about is asinine, you did it better than I could have tried.

And yeah the TNT description posted above was copied from a Miami-Dade County Florida municipal website, so that's why I didn't give it much credit

I remember this song where theyre talking abuot "task force tuesday" lol..................i wish it was just those days , then i could cop every other day lol

I remember this song where theyre talking abuot "task force tuesday" lol..................i wish it was just those days , then i could cop every other day lol

"It's Task-Force-Tuesday and the narcs is in the black car
I got 500 hundred-packs in my back yard" :D

I will drop some knoledge about the TNT I know at least...It aint just a city agency up here in silk city...

There is SEVERAL narc squads/hit teams/ wateve ru want to call them...

There is a city squad/Sherriff's taskforce (Thats the TNT boys that rolls around with the paddy wagon, any of my p town heads seen it, the big ol ambulance lookin mutha fucka with the Jerry Speziale Drug squad or wtfever writing oon the side, and a big ass star and "Sheriffs Tactical Narcotix force" or some shit written on it.......there is a State police narcotix taskforce....There is the multi jurisdiction force that takes cops from local nearby towns and rotates them in and out of theis special narc unit...Theres a whole bunch of shit...

Mainly the ones who is busiest out there everyday, is the state boys....They got madd vehicles....If you want to kno them PM me becuz I personally have seen so many of them. none of it is speculation or guessing, every one that I state , iknow as a fact to be a TNT UC vehicle thru seeing them pull over people, seeing the narcs driving them, or seein them at the station parked in the narc UC car lot, and bein pulled in/ drove away by the narc officers coming back from a shift or leavin for a shift....It can be ANY car......

Anyways, I can go on about this shit forever, but I aint gonna, just will say that TNT is different everywhere u go....How ever, when ppl say that tues n thurs shit, it aint all fake, it aint that thy only raid those days but that sometimes they concentrate extra effort those days...

They shuold just have a thing like on "the Wire' show where they had a whole section of the hood blocked off and they let them hustle there................it kept it away from rest of the city..............Someone remind me again , why is alcohol legal ?

Hamsterdam failed on The Wire ultimately though; by the end it was just anarchy and it couldn't hold like that much longer.

And Dopeyyy yeah I came in here to post that. It's no surprise to me, I knew that shit was coming, but they screwed themselves over by making it so hot prior to doing a reversal. 27 people in 6 hours...
I used to see 30 people come there in 15 minutes

Hamsterdam failed on The Wire ultimately though; by the end it was just anarchy and it couldn't hold like that much longer.

And Dopeyyy yeah I came in here to post that. It's no surprise to me, I knew that shit was coming, but they screwed themselves over by making it so hot prior to doing a reversal. 27 people in 6 hours...
I used to see 30 people come there in 15 minutes

I wasn't trying to take away from your shine as star of the diesel forum. Feel free to retain that title and I will vanish off into the sunset. No love lost, 1.

I don't know where you got that vibe but I didn't mean anything close to that. All I was saying is I saw it cause I google-news search 'Camden' every day (too), but you beat me to it in this case. The only 'prediction' I was claiming was posting this link (http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2008/02/101_arrested_during_camden_dru.html) on page 3; I'm not saying I'm on some Nostradamus shit or thinking I know it all.

Thanks for your input here, I hope it continues, and I'm sorry if I worded something wrong

Last edited:
So any north jersey heads wanna give us an update on the heat up there ?

This article was removed from its place on the Camden page for the South Jersey Courier Post. The link is still activate. Not to sound paranoid or anything, but what are the chances the police asked them to remove it? There was activity on the scanner for [edit] again tonight. What are the chances this was Source related? What in the hell are the cops doing out in the middle of a blizzard?! Talk about rewriting the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.