• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

today's my second day after jumping off at somewhere between 0.25 and 0.5 MGs. I started bupe April 1st at 2mg/day and worked down to 0.5mg/day. My last three doses were probably 0.10 or less (microscopic chips off an 8 mg). Yesterday I felt 100% normal, today I feel a little out of it. A little lethargic. Sneezing, eyes watering. No stomach stuff, no RLS, knock-on-wood.

I know its a a tricky question as everyone is different, but how long do you think this will last? I was only on for a month and a half, and when I jumped off my dose was very low. Plus I've been exercising daily, vitamins, 5HTP, and eating right. I'm thinking by Friday or Saturday I'll be in the clear? My last dose was Monday at 7 AM and like I said it was around 0.1 MG

Conflicting reports on Kratom. Please advise other posters.

You're always going to get conflicting kratom reports because it's hit or miss. Some people swear by it, and some people (like myself) think its worthless.

It's not expensive to order it online, and many vendors sell it. If you think it's something you would want to try, go for it.

^Calling kratom worthless is going a bit far. The alkaloids in the plant can certainly be useful, although it is not guaranteed you will enjoy kratom... Kratom technically is an opioid though, so having a weak opioid to help step down from a taper is very logical for the intended purpose.

I know its a a tricky question as everyone is different, but how long do you think this will last? I was only on for a month and a half, and when I jumped off my dose was very low. Plus I've been exercising daily, vitamins, 5HTP, and eating right. I'm thinking by Friday or Saturday I'll be in the clear? My last dose was Monday at 7 AM and like I said it was around 0.1 MG

IMO you will not get any serious w/d symptoms. What was your habit before sub? That might somehow influence how you feel, but from just looking at the dose, lenght of use of sub and your current activity I feel that you will feel well pretty soon. Can't give you an exact date, as that is impossible but you might feel a little under the weather for another few days. Sub's half life is very long so usually the worst of w/d doesn't start until day 3-4 and doesn't stop until days 7-10 from what I have noticed. So how ever you feel on day 3-4 is going to probably be the worst that you will feel and it should slowly get better from there and at days 7-10 you should be totally fine. Exercising is key so its great that you are doing that. From my and others experience exercise cuts a substantial amount of time from w/d. It helps your brain recover and your body starts making endorphins sooner and better than if you were just to sleep and sit on your butt all day. Also make sure you eat well and get plenty of fluids even if you don't feel like it. All those things will help your body recover faster.

A few more days and you will be the happiest person in the world having the monkey off your back. Once this is all over with, a day will come when you tell yourself that you are finally free. When that day comes you will feel like you are on top of the world. The discomfort you will feel during w/d is so worth getting to that final day of freedom from active opiate addiction. Good luck. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Can anybody or all of you guess if i would have bad withdrawals and paws considering i was on Subutex for 5 years? i have tapered to 1.5mg from 12mgs and to be honest it was quite painless. What i do is take my dose and excercise straight away, that makes me feel good for the whole day. I also wake up in the evenings instead of the mornings, for some reason i feel good waking up that time and then doing some activity straight after taking my dose. Do you believe thats why i nave had any problems tapering this low?.

Ok so can anybody honestly give me their opinion how it would be for me if i taper from 1.5mg using the 0.4 and 0.2 subs we have in the UK. If i taper by small crumbs and go slow to 0 from here on in would it serve me well? and also what are good meds to use to help you through some of the withdrawals. Rememever am on 1.5mg now and i plan to taper by 0.2mg every week or 2 weeks and then skip days at the end, i might take a valium every time i skip a day or dihydrocodeine. I also got tramadol and all sorts of benzos, not to mention co-codamol. Can anybody recommend a good taper plan from 1.5mg and recommend any meds/opiates which might help me when i jump?..Is it possible i can get away with terrible withdrawals and paws even if i have been on sub for 5 years. And if i continue to excercise like am doing would this serve me well?.

P.S whats IV sub?

Thank you!!!!!!!!.....

help with suboxone withdrawal

My boyfriend has been on suboxone for a little over a year, and really wants to get off of it now. Ive been looking around on here and on the web and really haven't found much. what i'm looking for are ways to deal with suboxone withdrawal symptoms like restless leg syndrome and vomiting etc. you know how imodium helps with heroin withdrawal because its an opioid that cannot cross the brain blood barrier, so it gets rid of the physical symptoms with no negative effects. however imodium does not work for suboxone withdrawal. also, what is the best way to go about tapering? hes gotten himself down to micrograms but he always goes back up. so obviously get to as low of a dose as possible and then what? some people were saying take it every other day and then not at all. or would it be better to taper down to micrograms a day and then just stop?

basically any help on how to deal with withdrawal symptoms? i'm hoping that by getting to such a low dose will not make the withdrawal that terrible. thanks :)

Immodium would work for suboxone withdrawal

anything that works for heroin withdrawal would be equally effective against suboxone withdrawals

they are all opiate withdrawals and vary in small ways but are essentially the same illness.

anything that works on opiate receptors is going to help

I just went through suboxone detox. I saw my doc and got valium, clonidine, and visteril for sleep. The valium and clonidine is really what helps. That and some weed is the best way to detox IMO.

Edit: Oh yea and Immodium defiantly helps with the shits

yeah but imodium doesnt really help that much. it takes some of the symptoms away but not that many. he's already tried that. and his psychiatrist wont prescribe him anything addictive. he went to another doctor for some xanax but its not a high dose. that would help a bit, and i have a prescription for clonidine. anything else he could do, or i could do to help him? because i know its not like dope withdrawal which only lasts about 7ish days, sub withdrawal lasts something like two months and i wanna be able to know someway or something to help.

I would say have him go as long as possible between doses now.

Theraflu helped me with my withdrawals. It does have some tylenol in it so don't take a crazy amount of it. Obviously theraflu isn't going to do a hell of a lot, but it helped me, and a close friend of mine.

Other than that theres warm showers, and soar muscle gels like bengay to help with RLS.

I was on suboxone for a little longer than your b.f. (~17months) I tapered rather quickly over the last 2 months. Insomnia, restless legs, and loss of apetite were the worst part ( I know sound obvious). Just make sure he can sleep, because I almost went crazy from the insomnia. You can get melatonin or tylenol PM otc, but again monitor the tylenol intake if he takes the theraflu as well.

My apetite was horrible, I lost 20lbs easy. I couldn't really eat solids, so you might want to stock up on some hearty soup/stew.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Weed is great for nausea. There's nothing else that has helped me as much, personally.

It's best if he tapers down as low as possible, I don't know why he keeps raising the dose unless he's still "trying" to get high.

He should get Atarax and possibly BP meds from the doctor he got the Xanax from, I'm sure if he can get Xanax then an antihistamine and BP meds shouldn't be too hard to acquire.

If the Xanax dose is too low, he should probably try to switch to a hypnotic benzo (temazepam, flurazepam, triazolam, since you're in the US these are the only 3 worth mentioning), as most doctors would be more willing to prescribe a higher dosage. If doctors prescribe alprazolam, they're typically willing to let you try other benzos, as a lot of doctors consider alprazolam (and triazolam) as the most addictive.

For people like me with ADHD, amphetamine is a great tool and has allowed me to feel much better when I otherwise wouldn't have. If he doesn't have ADHD, amphetamine is really not advisable by any means of the imagination. Some people don't realize they are ADHD, so for people who are still suffering from certain aspects of withdrawal long after most other people would be, ADHD testing is a good option.

Getting a proper diet in daily is a challenging thing in withdrawal but is a must if you want to feel all right. I would also recommend omega 3 supplements, and a lot of exercise. If you get your endogenous endorphins running it can help you feel a lot more normal.

Most of the information you aren't "finding" is in the Suboxone Mega Thread, and since there are 8 versions of the thread (one of which we can discuss in, the rest are archived) it might be tricky to navigate for the information you want. However, there is also a sub-thread specifically for buprenorphine withdrawal. I'm going to merge this thread in with that one.

ha yeah he does still try to get high on it. idk why its a total waste, he cant even do it. and because of the effort to try and get high he wastes all his subs and then ends up shorting himself at the end of the month. retarded. and that kids is why speed is better lol. but any way thanks for the help. any other tips?

My opinion...

I would like to bring up something that I think should be covered when talking about opiate WD. Psychological effects. The power of the human mind is immense, and when going through opiate WD, your state of mind can have a massive impact on what you feel physically.
For example, the first time I used sub to detox from heroin, I took what the doctor told me at face value. I was coming off using about 1g of H a day and I used suboxone for a week - 3mg, 6mg, 8mg, 6mg, 3mg, 2mg, 1mg. The doctor told me it would be relatively painless, and it was. I felt almost no physical ill effects. After educating myself about sub and reading a few posts here (and relapsing :p) I had a different view on what would happen when I stopped using sub. I felt much worse.
I would just like people to know, that in my experience, withdrawal is an incredibly subjective experience, and can differ from person to person and time to time depending on your state of mind. There is no set formula for dosage = withdrawal level (although of course it has an effect) and keeping a positive frame of mind is important. I know this is hard, but don't discount antidepressants and therapy. I hope this helps.

Good post count!! Your so right. I had a friend who got addicted and new nothing about the problems that would come from quiting. He never read all the stuff on boards like this. When he quit because of the money issue he just thought he had a bad flu that took 3 weeks to get over. He never had it in his mind that he would go through hell for months on end.

Good post count!! Your so right. I had a friend who got addicted and new nothing about the problems that would come from quiting. He never read all the stuff on boards like this. When he quit because of the money issue he just thought he had a bad flu that took 3 weeks to get over. He never had it in his mind that he would go through hell for months on end.

I completely agree, the less you are informed of the bad, the better your w/d will be. I can remember when I first started to use, before I knew about w/d and addiction, I would have sleepless, restless legs, flu symptoms from opiate w/d, but didn't know it was from that. I would just chalk it up as being sick. Now I understand w/d, and I dread those days, when in the past it would just be me "under the weather"

The power of the mind is a beast.

Sub withdrawal

Hopefully this gets answered fast cus i'm dying. I've been on subs for about 2 months. I was taking 2 8 mg a day then when i knew i was running out and had no more money for the clinic i tapered down to 2 mg but real fast. in like a week and a half. Im dying. Worse than any OC withdrawal. Since i'm coming off bupe and not oxy. If i did like 1/4 of an OC 30 just to feel better could that help at all? or when that wears off ami gonna be back at square one? I guesse wat i'm asking is can i somewhat substktute oxycodone for the bupe i'm hooked on or is it all the same since they're opiates?
Thanks

youd probably need more than 7mgs to combat sub wds. You can mix them as long as theres not a significant amount of subs till in your system, opiates are opiates.