• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

It's now been 50 hours since my last dose, and I can't tell if I'm in WD or not. i just woke up and feel fine, really. Maybe a little yawning and watery eyes, but then again I did just wake up a few minutes ago. Again, I've tapered using one 8mg pill since March 28th, so 11 days, and still have 1-2 mg's left.

Something I've noticed about opiate WD is that my emotions are all twisted up. I'll be fine one second, then the next, I'm crying over something completely trivial. I just looked at a watch my parents bought me a few years ago, and I just started crying. I guess it's the guilt and shame of what I've put them through, and the feeling that I've let them down, not once but multiple times, even though they do so much for me. But normally, I would think about that and it would make me feel bad, but not to the point where I sit here with my face in my palms and tears running down my face....

So I guess I am in some stage of WD's. I'm coming up on 2 and a half days since last dose. Feels good to be this far in, although it's hard since I still have a couple tramadol and a little suboxone left.

i get that. crying for no reason

cant believe you wake up not sweating like hell. ive washed my sheets a lot

i get that. crying for no reason

cant believe you wake up not sweating like hell. ive washed my sheets a lot

seriously...

i need to wash my sheets badly right now

i cant believ my fiance doesnt kick my ass even harder

I don't know if I should be jumping for joy or still expect WD's to onset in the next day or two. I've read many different things about bupe WD. Some people say it can take up t 4-5 days for the WD to kick in....but I would imagine that with a low dose and short taper (10 days) that's probably not the case with me...I'd really like to take a few of these tramadol I have but don't wanna mess anything up with my detox...

bupe w/d would pretty much hit soon as I realized I didnt dose yet. 24 hours and I was guaranteed to be feeling achy. Nasal dosing. Psychological w/d from bupe was crazy strong for me, almost more-so than the physical. 2 weeks clean from opiates today [over a month clean from bupe] longest period in a decade, minus jails and institutions.

peace.
seedless

If someone were to take suboxone for six days to detox from opiates would one still experience some lingering withdrawal effects due to suboxone being a partial opiate? I expect there would still be some withdrawal simply due to the fact it has only been a week but my question is would there be some extension of the withdrawal due the fact that suboxone is a partial opiate?

Buprenorphine has a long half-life, and this would account for the elongated withdrawal which is less intense than acute withdrawal of full agonist opiates.

6 days is not enough to fully get 100% adjusted from full agonists, so yeah there will be an extended withdrawal, which will likely be less intense than full agonist withdrawal.

We aren't you and can't say what your unique pharmacology will dictate, good luck on the withdrawal!

Buprenorphine has a long half-life, and this would account for the elongated withdrawal which is less intense than acute withdrawal of full agonist opiates.

6 days is not enough to fully get 100% adjusted from full agonists, so yeah there will be an extended withdrawal, which will likely be less intense than full agonist withdrawal.

We aren't you and can't say what your unique pharmacology will dictate, good luck on the withdrawal!

yeah i agree you will definitely feel more withdrawal...this wont be from 6days suboxone but from the opiate you are addicted to. withdrawal takes more than 6 days esepcially paws...

i've had a lot of friends do like a 4 days sub taper and be like SUBS ARE SO STRONG I AM ALREADF WITHDRAWING....

you are withdrawing from the oxy still...

Suboxone=Horrible choice

Ok.....I am close to 30 years old now and ever since I was around 20 I began using opiates. I quit for a long time and went Active Duty. After getting out of the military I was running and lifting weights alot. I then had a rough time coping with some issues in my life. I went to the old "Oxy will make it better" thing. After taking OC 80s for about 4 months straight, and many of thousands of dollars later, I was introduced to Suboxone. At first the stupid doctor told me that it was a miracle drug, and when I was ready that I could "just stop taking it". WRONG!!!!! Suboxone has ruined my relationship with my ex, dad, family, and friends. After a year of taking the Subn (4 mgs/day), I was an emotional wreck. Very irratable, and hard to be around. I have had many of crazy and sometimes suicidal thoughts. I quite taking the Suboxone about three days ago, and let me tell you.....HELL! I had to pick up some percs, and they help a little bit, but I am tired of taking all these chemicals...I do not recommend Suboxone to anyone, unless you decide to take it for the rest of your life....

Ok.....I am close to 30 years old now and ever since I was around 20 I began using opiates. I quit for a long time and went Active Duty. After getting out of the military I was running and lifting weights alot. I then had a rough time coping with some issues in my life. I went to the old "Oxy will make it better" thing. After taking OC 80s for about 4 months straight, and many of thousands of dollars later, I was introduced to Suboxone. At first the stupid doctor told me that it was a miracle drug, and when I was ready that I could "just stop taking it". WRONG!!!!! Suboxone has ruined my relationship with my ex, dad, family, and friends. After a year of taking the Subn (4 mgs/day), I was an emotional wreck. Very irratable, and hard to be around. I have had many of crazy and sometimes suicidal thoughts. I quite taking the Suboxone about three days ago, and let me tell you.....HELL! I had to pick up some percs, and they help a little bit, but I am tired of taking all these chemicals...I do not recommend Suboxone to anyone, unless you decide to take it for the rest of your life....

I'm pretty sure this guy was making a one-shot post, but I'll go out of my way to say this anyway. A few percentage of people have a bad reaction to naloxone, I am no exception. I felt terrible while I was on Suboxone, a total wreck. I constantly had migraines, was irritable, constantly sweating, the list goes on and on. Two weeks ago I was switched to Subutex and I've never felt better! I feel like a completely different person than I did a few weeks ago. Yes, some doctors are idiots, but some aren't. I know as addicts we aren't supposed to "doctor shop," but we really need to in order to get the correct treatment that will fit our needs. You can't write off bupe just because it didn't work for you, everyone is different.

What, if any, opiates will help with the w/d 's from sub?

None. It'll just make the withdrawal more drawn out, if not adding to it. Get your dose down to 1mg or less and it'll be relatively painless. Your best bet is to talk with your doctor about getting medications to combat the specific symptoms of the withdrawal. Some people recommend Ultram/Tramadol, but ultimately that'll just extend the withdrawal too.

fuck, bupe wd

i ran out and can get any until friday. ive been on it for years. the hot/cold is starting to set in. havent had to go through this in a while. fuck. i hate this shit. wish i had or could even take benzos(hair test coming up). im going to be totally useless until friday. fuuuuuuuck.

Well given the long half-life, if you have been taking them regularly, you probably won't feel too horrible till maybe day three... You can try to use loperamide to make it a little more tolerable, but what I like to do is have some kratom on hand for situations like these, because it works so well for tapering opiates (IMO).

took a shower today and had to use hot hot water and still felt cold. im waiting for that first "loose shit" to signal the official hell. the anxiety and restless leg is the worst. and my sense of smell being heightened to the extent that the smell of my shampoo on my hair after a shower is enough to make me nauseous. this is going to be a great week. i have to bring my girlfriend home to my parents house too and im going to be sick the first night until we go to the dr the next day at noon. fuuuuuuuck,

dude, ive already been splitting my pills until i got down to like .1mg chips....so its not like im going from 2mg to nothing, im going from .1mg to nothing. yeah.

You don't really have any questions here... Is there something you're asking for help with or are you just venting?

dude, ive already been splitting my pills until i got down to like .1mg chips....so its not like im going from 2mg to nothing, im going from .1mg to nothing. yeah.

Well then try to just tough it out, man... 0.1mg is a pretty small amount of bupe per day and the withdrawal off of that will be noticeable and unpleasant, but nowhere near the pain other opiate w/ds can invoke...

I jumped off 0.2mg insuffulated while on clonazepam and it was pretty unpleasant, but I just thought of it like the flu, because that is what it feels like...

initially, venting, but i guess advice would be great. ive done the loperamide route and it does work, but fucking handfuls multiple times a day.

i found a bunch of cottons that were plugged in my rigs to filter stuff through but they smelled like DEATh aka cotton fever aka mildew. i am trying to dry them out but im scared shitless to use them and get the fever. that stuff makes me wish i was dead. it looks like there is enough to get at least one day of wellness off of though.

what can i do to ensure the bacteria is out of these cottons?

Nothing you can do safely there that I know of...

If you had two or three days, you could have ordered some kratom and had it at your house by now, ready to help you through this. As I said earlier, I've been through this, and kratom really makes it much more tolerable IMO.

What I hate the worst is the sweating...and just feeling like fire all over. I try to keep my mind busy and not think of how bad it is.