• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

suboxone...

hi i'm new on this site and was just wondering if anyone could answer this question for me. i took suboxone about three days ago, 8 mg, and got high as hell. but took it again today and didn't get high. i took it sublingually. and just so you know, the only reason i'm trying to get high off this is because i currently take random drug screens and this doesn't show up on the results. can anyone help me?

what do you need help with? what is your question that you want answered?

8mg is a large dose. Try 2mg, and try giving it a week or so in between experiences.

For someone without opiate tolerance, 8mg is a very large dose.

Go to the Suboxone Mega Thread (link in my signature), and look at the third post. There's a bunch of links, one is to the Buprenorphine as a recreational drug? thread. I'll merge this in with that thread.

Does anyone here use buprenorphine simply to get high?
How do you use it?
What do you think of the high?
What do you think of buprenorphine withdrawl as opposed to heroin withdrawl?

I use it occasionally (IV) as I have easier access to it than heroin (pricewise)
I personally find the high ok, but not nearly as good as heroin. Recently after a long binge on buprenorphine wiith occasional heroin use in between (which requires waiting for the bup. to wear off (harsh!), I found myself in a tight spot, no access to bup or any other opiate. Not because off money either, which made it all the more harsh. Anyway, I've had to go through withdrawl, its day 6 now. This is my second buprenorphine withdrawl, and I find it alot easier that heroin withdrawl!
i had one of the most horrific experience of my life on this stuff on friday.

ws my first time trying it,tried to break up an 8 mg tab into small pieces but probably ended up talking around 1 mg,didnt know wtf was goin on for well over 12 hours,contantly being sick,could hardly,walk,talk,was dizyy as hell and confused,sedated,sweating,hallucinating,heart pounding at times,very scarey experience,not one be i would wish on my worst enemy.

i had been given a free sample of 2x8mg tabs,needless to say they went straight in the bin after fridays nightmare.

i would never ever touch this drug again even if you offered me a lot of money.

Do you want us to somehow make you get high from it?

no i'm not that stupid stuckinaloop. the question was why i got high the first time and not three days later. i thought that would be a sufficient amount of time for it to wear off because i know of the ceiling effect... but captain heroin answered my question... thx captain

No problem!

I just wanted to bring up another idea as to why maybe you didn't get the desired effects 3 days later.

Environmental tolerance is when your body gets used to taking a drug or drugs in a certain area or fashion (a 'ritual'), and the mind will start picking up on these cues and expects your body to be tolerant to the drug you've been using for a while.

So then, your body goes in the opposite direction (if you're about to shoot/snort heroin or other opiates like buprenorphine, your heart beat and blood pressure will increase). It doesn't quite explain everything as this phenomenon is a result of repeated drug intake through various paraphanilia or in a certain environment. But really it could partially be to blame.

If you want to try this again, give it at least 3 days and try it in a new setting that you haven't gotten high in before. This way you'll at least be able to see if there's a difference at all. :)

I'm glad I could help answer your question. If there's any other questions you have feel free to post them or PM me. :)

You definitely can IV Suboxone. Bupe has such a high binding-affinity that no matter the ROA the naloxone won't effect you. You can ask a lot of experienced users here, it definitely works.

Now if you're non-tolerant & IVing I'd say to use no more than 0.25mg - 0.5mg. This should get you very high. And yes it's possible to 'nod-out' on Bupe/Subs/whatever. I've had times where I sublingualed 8mg and been nodding harder than dope & throwing up. And I was doing about a bundle a day of NJ's finest powder.

Have fun...

Dude, I'd way rather have that bundle of Jersey's finest, any old day of the week. I've been one subo's since they became available and before that was on a clinical trial of bupe in injectable vials (after 18yrs of methadone clinics). So sure it's injectable but I just throw it under the tongue. It's just no where near H in quality of high because it's not a full agonist and is a partial antagonist. Yeah it's ok (to hold you) and it does have a slight feeling "of well being" but thats about all. If you've done any good opiates in your life, they don't hold a candle. JMHO.

I had my friend snort about .8mg and he was high for most of the day. He'll pop a norco or 2 every now and the.
Others with zero tolerance should snort .5mg or take about 1mg sublingual for a lasting high.

Dude, I'd way rather have that bundle of Jersey's finest, any old day of the week. I've been one subo's since they became available and before that was on a clinical trial of bupe in injectable vials (after 18yrs of methadone clinics). So sure it's injectable but I just throw it under the tongue. It's just no where near H in quality of high because it's not a full agonist and is a partial antagonist. Yeah it's ok (to hold you) and it does have a slight feeling "of well being" but thats about all. If you've done any good opiates in your life, they don't hold a candle. JMHO.

Some people prefer buprenorphine to heroin, though most people are in the opposite boat (preferring heroin to buprenorphine).

I had my friend snort about .8mg and he was high for most of the day. He'll pop a norco or 2 every now and the.
Others with zero tolerance should snort .5mg or take about 1mg sublingual for a lasting high.

Buprenorphine sure is amazingly long lasting! :)

thank you...my bad for upping this old thread, accident, i found it by google

why does tex nasally suck? 5-15 minutes is how long it takes most drugs to hit me when I snort them. Thats why you got to shoot that shit up!

The problem with buprenorphine as a recreational drug IME, is that it will give you a very good high maybe 1-3 times (the first few times obviously) and usually from there on, its down hill , and you just stabalize. At lower I.V dosages, I get a lot more out of .2 mg than I would out of taking 8 mg of suboxone everyday. It's still never the same as those first few times, although, I guess that's always the case with every drug, but with bupe, I feel the difference is dramatic.

Anyone know how to make it into a nasal spray? I been warned by my Dr. about snorting pills. My nasal passages are messed up from years of snorting everything from ritilin to oxys. Finally got stable on subs, about 2-3 mg a day. Not sure what to use, some help please...

i have yet to get to the rec part of bupe, on maintenance for now, but im tapering down

Anyone know how to make it into a nasal spray? I been warned by my Dr. about snorting pills. My nasal passages are messed up from years of snorting everything from ritilin to oxys. Finally got stable on subs, about 2-3 mg a day. Not sure what to use, some help please...

Hey!

What you want to do is find a preservative, like benzyl alcohol. You want to add it to the sterile water you'll be using to make a solution. 0.9 to 1 % is enough.

You want to crush up your pills and add in the water. Or just put the pills in the water, but this will take longer for them to dissolve (surprisingly not that long though).

When its dissolved fully, filter through compacted cotton. You can take an oral syringe (OTC at pharmacies) and put cotton in the syringe, and then put the plunger back in and push it to where its flattened near the base of the syringe. Then put the solution in the syringe and put the plunger in and push it through.

You will need to push this into your nasal spray container. That's it though.

Using a cotton filter will help remove 50um and larger particles, and using a nasal spray solution will make this easier on your nasal membrane than snorting crushed up pill matter by itself.