• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

I fucking love it. I haven't shot it, just sublingually but it's a nice relaxing feeling that lasts all day.

It doesn't have much addiction potential (not to me). But then again it does lack euphoria.

But the most important part is that it craves my appetite for other harder drugs, which i don't usually have enough self-control to use in moderation. And it's cheap. 1 pill lasted me 4 days. While 5 roxi 30's last me about 2 days

Bupe <3

Last edited:
I dont think I will ever get a recreational feeling from subs. My tolerance is about 4 or 5 80mg oxys or 8-10 of the 30mg roxis. After a day off of them, the WD kick in hard. As of this week, I am trying to taper my usage with the assistance of suboxone (I am blessed to have a friend who will give me 8mg pills for free). Anyways, I just took an 8mg an hour ago under my tongue and the last time I used was Monday night (now Thursday 1pm). No high feeling at all, but I am at least feeling a little better finally. Tuesday and Wed I had to skip out of work due to bad physical WD's. I knew I had a sub to take this afternoon, so I fought myself to make it into work today and fought thru the morning until I was able to get that 8mg pill at noon. Again, no high at all, but at least I dont feel like utter death.

Is there any way I could ever get a recreational type of feeling off of subs considering my tolerance, or is it basically no chance at all? Just wondering since I have a really good friend who is helping me out with them.

My friend who has access to the pure buprenorphine powder (without the nalaxone) said he smoked some and it worked great...chase the dragon method.

I dont think I will ever get a recreational feeling from subs. My tolerance is about 4 or 5 80mg oxys or 8-10 of the 30mg roxis. After a day off of them, the WD kick in hard. As of this week, I am trying to taper my usage with the assistance of suboxone (I am blessed to have a friend who will give me 8mg pills for free). Anyways, I just took an 8mg an hour ago under my tongue and the last time I used was Monday night (now Thursday 1pm). No high feeling at all, but I am at least feeling a little better finally. Tuesday and Wed I had to skip out of work due to bad physical WD's. I knew I had a sub to take this afternoon, so I fought myself to make it into work today and fought thru the morning until I was able to get that 8mg pill at noon. Again, no high at all, but at least I dont feel like utter death.

Is there any way I could ever get a recreational type of feeling off of subs considering my tolerance, or is it basically no chance at all? Just wondering since I have a really good friend who is helping me out with them.

Sounds like methadone is what you're looking for.

#I have little to no opiate tolereance, have smoked H a few times but that was months ago, used to do codeine every now and again but havent done any opiate in ages.

Getting a 2mg pill sent to try, im thinking 1mg sublingually to see how i react to it? or even lower?

Also when people say under the tounge, how long do you leave itt there, ive always tried it with benzos but it just takes ages and i end up swallowing it, i understand you have to waitt for it to fully absorb with bupe.

Sounds like methadone is what you're looking for.

Yea, I hear ya dog. I just, I am just trying to get off all of it, all of these opiates, and i just have no idea how I will ever do it. I dont necessarily want to substitute one addiction f4r another, and the high should not be a factor in whatever I do to try and get off.. I think what I am trying to say is, yea, I want to get high, but it's so bad f4r me right now at this point in my life. Thanks f4r tha advice, bro, I just , I am just hooked and need to straighten out my thoughts~

Tried bupe first time today, 1mg under the tounge, been 7-8 hours and has been bliss, really enjoyed it and will definatly do again after a few days.

I understand u cant do other opiates or something before it or someting along them lines, but what about tramadol i think i read thats an exception?

cheers.

Have one more dose left probably around 1.2mg will sublingually do that end of the week for another opiated day, started off really stimulating kind of like tramadol, but then when mega noddy, now just feel sedated and relaxed :)

Bupe for non-dependent user to get high

Ok for now im on methadone so I obviously cant use them but I have a friend saving me some suboxones so I can maybe get high because that going to be the only opiate apart from heroin I get ahold of for a long time so. When im non-tolerant(im reducing my methadone now) will I be able to get high off half a 8mg suboxone? The highest dose of methadone I was on was 80mg and im going down 5mg per week. I plan to IV it too.

Do you nod off bupe? I know people say its not a conventional opiate high, quite different in fact. I dont understand this, is it even worth it while your not tolerant, theyre free and you want to get high?

I asked this coz everyone else asking about bupe including the FAQ is for dependent people or doesnt specifically say for non-dependent users.

I've only ever nodded once off of it, but I've only ever taken a somewhat high dose when I wasn't dependant once. It was a weird nod and definitely not as euphoric as other opiates. Plus, I was in class...a small class, so it made for a terrible time to get that weird ass nod.

You can definitely get high off of it. Small amounts of bupe effect me pretty hard, so if I wasn't dependant I don't think I'd ever take more than 0.5mg, maybe even less to start. I could always take more if it didn't do me right. I don't like the feeling of taking too much suboxone. It lingers for a while and my body feels heavy.

It seems hard to go to an opiate-less world after being on them so much the past few years, so I'm hoping that when I taper off of suboxone, I can occasionally use a small amount to still get an opiate high. Seems a lot better than relapsing on oxy or heroin at least.

Don't bang it unless its subutex and not suboxone suboxone has naloxone in it gives you instant wd if shot up

^^I can vouch for that. Terribly, terribly sick after the shot.
However, there are many people that have shot it, and with the proper knowledge, were fine.
I'm sure 6/7 has a thread on this somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Don't bang it unless its subutex and not suboxone suboxone has naloxone in it gives you instant wd if shot up

^^I can vouch for that. Terribly, terribly sick after the shot.
However, there are many people that have shot it, and with the proper knowledge, were fine.
I'm sure 6/7 has a thread on this somewhere. I'll try to find it.

the naloxone isnt what gives you the precip wd.. its the buprenorphine its self. bupe has a higher affinity to the receptor than naloxone.. so the naloxone in suboxone is pretty much inert.. suboxone and subutex are essentially the same.. i shoot suboxone daily. they are both partial agonists subutex would give the same precip wds as suboxone.. thats why you dont dose within a while after taking a full agonist. bupe has a higher affinity than other opiates too (thats why it causes wds) in this case its methadone a LONG acting full agonist so bupe would pull the methadone right off the receptors and cause precip wds.. wait 48-72 hrs after taking methadone or into pretty full wds to take the bupe.

Last edited:
You definitely can IV Suboxone. Bupe has such a high binding-affinity that no matter the ROA the naloxone won't effect you. You can ask a lot of experienced users here, it definitely works.

Now if you're non-tolerant & IVing I'd say to use no more than 0.25mg - 0.5mg. This should get you very high. And yes it's possible to 'nod-out' on Bupe/Subs/whatever. I've had times where I sublingualed 8mg and been nodding harder than dope & throwing up. And I was doing about a bundle a day of NJ's finest powder.

Have fun...

Amazing!! How many more times will this falsehood be posted, and then corrected.

As someone above me stated the naloxone is not active, even when IV'd. The whole thing is a deception that the manufacturers of suboxone perpetrated in order to convince the FDA and medical community that their product could not be abused. I honestly believe what they did was criminal-knowingly disseminating false information about their product in order to convince the community that their product was less abusable.

The manufacturers know god damn well about binding affinities and CLEARLY are aware that bupe has a much higher affinity for opioid receptors then naloxone does, and therefore naloxone has no chance of blocking the bupe because it will be outcompeted by bupe in terms of binding to receptors.-DG

I can't believe people on bluelight STILL think naloxone is active and suboxone can't be IVed and spread that BS. That should be required reading as a pop up and you have to acknowledge you understand that the naloxone in suboxone doesn't do anything and won't post stupid shit about it before you are allowed to register here. :eek:

Does anyone here know the difference between tolerant and dependent? you can be tolerant of opiates and still not dependent. If I got all the way through WD's I could still take 160mg of oxycontin even though I wasnt dependent.

The reason youd get sick from shooting bupe is because your dependent on opiates not because your tolerant of them.