• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

If you take hydrocodone as you rec. doc, then take bupe to get high, when can you take the hydro again to get high? I am currently on about 15-30mg of hydro at a time. I took 2mg of bupe yesterday, snorted, and got blasted!! I took about 3mg of bupe today and the high was'nt as good as yesterday. So im wondering when is the best time to take the subs, as i already see my tolerance went up. I took a few norcos awhile ago, but didnt feel a thing. That kinda sucks with the subs, you cant take another opiate on it....

I dont understand how people take subs for recreational use. I never really feel a "high" or euphoria or anything when I take em. I usually start with a full 8mg when I detox? Hypothetically, would I need to take more?

I dont understand how people take subs for recreational use. I never really feel a "high" or euphoria or anything when I take em. I usually start with a full 8mg when I detox? Hypothetically, would I need to take more?

Hypothetically no, you would want to take less, not more, to get high.

It's all abour your tolerance once you are maintaining on less then 4mg's you can feel somewhat of a high. I used to take 0.5mg's everyday and sometimes I would shoot up 2mg and be really high and nodding. I don't recommend you IV tho just lower your tolerance then you could enjoy the bupe way more also any other opiate/oid.

I was a heroin user for two years, using strong east coast powder IV mulitple times daily.
I have since quit dope and been clean 8 months.
Recently, i did some subutex and it fuckin rocked me. nods that lasted hours upon hours. using only the smallest pieces of an 8mg.
be careful with this shit.

^you already posted that same post.

I wouldn't call buprenorphine a recreational opiod, but I'd say that it definately makes doing nothing a much easier task. :)

Unlike some people I can deffnedly see the recreational potential in Bup. The problem with ME though is that bup knocks me on my ass. Even a small dose....2 hours later I'm almost guarantee to be asleep..

But i remember when I had an EXTREMELY high opiate tolerance Im talking a gram of top notch hero and 120mg+ of OC everyday. One night, I was broke and I have a perscript for tramadol and subs that i use for a rainy day....anyway I took about 16mg of bup and nod was just fucking awesome. Idk why it knocks me out these days...it sucks.

Unlike some people I can deffnedly see the recreational potential in Bup. The problem with ME though is that bup knocks me on my ass. Even a small dose....2 hours later I'm almost guarantee to be asleep..

But i remember when I had an EXTREMELY high opiate tolerance Im talking a gram of top notch hero and 120mg+ of OC everyday. One night, I was broke and I have a perscript for tramadol and subs that i use for a rainy day....anyway I took about 16mg of bup and nod was just fucking awesome. Idk why it knocks me out these days...it sucks.

Try a smaller dose.

How much buprenorphine do you take now?

Try a smaller dose.

How much buprenorphine do you take now?

Only 2mg...I have a very very low opiate tolerance compared to what i use too do too the fact I lost my job and couldn't afford too keep the same habit.

About 60mg of OC has me fucked up now, and 2mg of bup will nod me out.

^ you could probly still get high on 1mg if 60mg OC gets you high.. just to conserve the subs maybe try 1mg.. your supply would last twice as long if 1mg worked :D

Only 2mg...I have a very very low opiate tolerance compared to what i use too do too the fact I lost my job and couldn't afford too keep the same habit.

About 60mg of OC has me fucked up now, and 2mg of bup will nod me out.

Yeah, try taking 1mg or less of buprenorphine. It's a very potent drug.

Good advice deezy! :D

do u get a rush from shooting subutex? How about from shooting suboxone? i just started the sobo clinic today qnd want to try shooting my subutex, I took 1.5 pills today ( i think they are 8 mg pills) so im gonna wait till tomorrow I want to be able to feel the rush if there is one. How much would you suggest shooting? im thinking a whole pill?

do u get a rush from shooting subutex? How about from shooting suboxone? i just started the sobo clinic today qnd want to try shooting my subutex, I took 1.5 pills today ( i think they are 8 mg pills) so im gonna wait till tomorrow I want to be able to feel the rush if there is one. How much would you suggest shooting? im thinking a whole pill?

ive never shot subutex but i shoot suboxone daily (filtered through a micron filter http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622 ) but i only shoot .5mg at a time.. ive been on suboxone for about 3 years and ive tapered down to .5mg IV about 4 times a day.. and there is a subtle rush when you shoot it when you feel your w/ding even the slightest bit. but if you still have 1 and a half pills in your system i doubt shooting any amount will give you a rush.. my best advice would be wait until you feel w/ds it might take a day or two and then IV 1-2mg.. when you IV the bio availability is 100% apposed to 50% snorted or 30% sublingual so you need much less. thats the only way i can suggest a way for you to get a rush. but your tolerace might be too high to feel it :\ maybe slowly lower your dose until your tolerance is low and you can feel the nice effects bupe has to offer. what was your tolerance before the subutex?

ive never shot subutex but i shoot suboxone daily (filtered through a micron filter http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622 ) but i only shoot .5mg at a time.. ive been on suboxone for about 3 years and ive tapered down to .5mg IV about 4 times a day.. and there is a subtle rush when you shoot it when you feel your w/ding even the slightest bit. but if you still have 1 and a half pills in your system i doubt shooting any amount will give you a rush.. my best advice would be wait until you feel w/ds it might take a day or two and then IV 1-2mg.. when you IV the bio availability is 100% apposed to 50% snorted or 30% sublingual so you need much less. thats the only way i can suggest a way for you to get a rush. but your tolerace might be too high to feel it :\ maybe slowly lower your dose until your tolerance is low and you can feel the nice effects bupe has to offer. what was your tolerance before the subutex?
I get a rush and a high from each shot I do. However I think it's important to point out the "rush" is not like IV heroin or IV ketamine. It's something that takes a few minutes for the onset, and then eventually works. The initial rush is very nice, and the high is pretty good as well. It's really hard to put into words...but I even get the 'dope taste' in my mouth. I don't have any idea why! LOL. Definitely not lemon/lime flavored this way ;).

The effects last me about 4 hours on average, if I use a particularly larger dose it can last me 6 to 8 hours. I can go 12 to 24 hours in between doses comfortably if I take it sublingually.

If I wake up and it's been 12 hours or so since my last dose, it doesn't feel that bad, I actually feel quite refreshed. A little tired, maybe I'm yawning or have slightly watery eyes. That's about the only WD symptoms I have anymore.

However I had a pretty high tolerance when I first got on Suboxone, so I had to sublingual it to get best effects. Once I got my tolerance down to 2mg sublingually per day, the IV effects were pretty nice (but only when I started tapering down with IV doses...weird huh?)

Overall IV buprenorphine is a pretty great effect for me, a lot of other people like it to the same degree that others like heroin. It's just a different individual taste I guess. Some people prefer it for its more stimulating effects at a proper dose, others enjoy the anti-depressant/anxiolytic effects.

I like to say that bupe doesn't feel as good as morphine, which is good enough to die on, but it's good enough to keep me alive. :)

One "trick" I use sometimes when on maintinance (and I know my cravings are under decent control) is to intentionally withdrawal just a little bit on it and then double up on dosing 2-3 days later. It feels pretty much like starting it over again but without the headaches and what not that some of us get.

All in all though, I am one of those people that unfortunately do not find this drug recreational at all. The nods I get on it happen randomly (not every day at the same time, more sporatic, but pretty much once a day somewhere in there), but they're not classic full agonist type nods, it's mostly sleepy feeling...going sorta like, "I feel like I've been up for 20hrs and could sleep for 20, but I'm not really drained, just pretty comfortable, but not euphoric.." ..K I need to keep these shorter...I can't sleep and I'm starting to ramble.

I get a rush and a high from each shot I do. However I think it's important to point out the "rush" is not like IV heroin or IV ketamine. It's something that takes a few minutes for the onset, and then eventually works. The initial rush is very nice, and the high is pretty good as well. It's really hard to put into words...but I even get the 'dope taste' in my mouth. I don't have any idea why! LOL. Definitely not lemon/lime flavored this way ;).

The effects last me about 4 hours on average, if I use a particularly larger dose it can last me 6 to 8 hours. I can go 12 to 24 hours in between doses comfortably if I take it sublingually.

If I wake up and it's been 12 hours or so since my last dose, it doesn't feel that bad, I actually feel quite refreshed. A little tired, maybe I'm yawning or have slightly watery eyes. That's about the only WD symptoms I have anymore.

However I had a pretty high tolerance when I first got on Suboxone, so I had to sublingual it to get best effects. Once I got my tolerance down to 2mg sublingually per day, the IV effects were pretty nice (but only when I started tapering down with IV doses...weird huh?)

Overall IV buprenorphine is a pretty great effect for me, a lot of other people like it to the same degree that others like heroin. It's just a different individual taste I guess. Some people prefer it for its more stimulating effects at a proper dose, others enjoy the anti-depressant/anxiolytic effects.

Very well written.

.what was your tolerance before the subutex?

you mean my opiate tolerance, right? umm I was doing about a gram of dope a day till I moved down here to FL and dope became a loving memory, lol. Down here I'm doing about 90 120mg of roxi a day or every other day when I can force myself to go without. ( i get a better high if I force myself to go without one day). I'm done with the roxi's though and I only have a weeks worth of subutex then they switch me to sobo's I don't know what my hangup is about shooting sobo's but I just can't/ won't do it. I guess thats good I have to give up my addiction to the needle at some point to. I took 8 mgs sublingual about 24 hours ago and then another 4 about 10 hours ago. Im trying to put it off as long as I can but the pilss are starting to talk to me. lol so you think just 2 mg? that is only a quarter of that pill I think, I supose I should check the mg, yup they are 8 mg. I was gonna do 8 mg maybe i'll just go the middle of what you think and what i think and do 4mg.
I'm definatly with captain.Herion , for me it treats my depression amazingly and gives me all that extra energy that dope does. I think it can work really well for me, I just have to figure out how to stop chasing that rush.

I'm definatly with captain.Herion , for me it treats my depression amazingly and gives me all that extra energy that dope does. I think it can work really well for me, I just have to figure out how to stop chasing that rush.

Just take your time and it'll come natural. :)

Give yourself otherwise non-addictive rewards for quitting, and make sure you are taking care of yourself, and have people to talk to. This can make a big difference.

Best of luck Amnda!

i find it slightly recreational, with some hydroxyzine it gives a good nod, but lacks euphoria and warmth

i know bupe overdose is supposed to be pretty bad since you can't just administer naloxone right away. how often does that occur, with high tolerance, and without tolerance?

i know about the 32mg ceiling. i can take 32mg and feel sober... does that mean i'm not able to enjoy this drug until ive been off opiates for a few years anyway?

(going to another ROA like injecting isn't something i'm gonna do, i'd like to go back to buzzes on the weekends to avoid tolerance/dependence issues)