• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Brand Name Vs Generic Suboxone

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I’ve been saying for awhile now how many of the generic Suboxone preparations don’t work as well as the brand name. I’ve tried both Dr Reddys and Alvogen brand generics, the former much worse than the latter.

As my brand name stockpile dwindles I’m beginning to worry about the future. Then I see this article which falls completely in line with my experience and the experiences of others.

I’d like to hear anyone else’s experiences comparing brand name to generic.

For me there’s a withdrawal component, lethargy, unwanted high feeling, and worst of all migraines that come for an hour or two after use.

I’ve got 40 Dr Reddys 8mg strips that I think I may extract to see if the problem is related to additives in the strips.

-GC

I was stuck with Dr.Reddy's for awhile & they indeed suck ass.
The company behind Dr.Reddy's I believe is an Indian company and I read that they have been cited for sanitary and potency issues before.

Generics are given a 20% leeway on active ingredient too I believe.

I have since gotten on the hexagonal generic tablets which have an M on one side and an N8 on the other. If you can switch, I recommend these over Dr. Reddy's. I'm not sure which company makes these tablets though.

Although personally for me,once stabilized at any bupe dose, it's hard for me to feel any real dosage reduction until after another day or two has passed.
But after being on brand name for 2 years and then going to generics, I have felt like bupe has become less effective & actually less of any sort of "high" or "buzz" and just feels more like taking a heavy sedative or psychiatric medicine for me. I think that has more to do with time on it, tolerance & the nature of bupe itself though.

I wonder if taking larger doses of bupe/naloxone induces withdrawal as the ratios begin to differ. And if generics only have to have up to 80% of the active ingredient in there,I wonder if some times the naloxone is higher.

Last edited:
I personally switched from brand name to generic without any problem. I was at 8 mg at that time. I'm from Canada so I don't know if we have the same brands and regulations.

I’ve been saying for awhile now how many of the generic Suboxone preparations don’t work as well as the brand name. I’ve tried both Dr Reddys and Alvogen brand generics, the former much worse than the latter.

As my brand name stockpile dwindles I’m beginning to worry about the future. Then I see this article which falls completely in line with my experience and the experiences of others.

I’d like to hear anyone else’s experiences comparing brand name to generic.

For me there’s a withdrawal component, lethargy, unwanted high feeling, and worst of all migraines that come for an hour or two after use.

I’ve got 40 Dr Reddys 8mg strips that I think I may extract to see if the problem is related to additives in the strips.

-GCmust be the
I've been on the brand name for awhile now and pre 2016 or 2017 these strips were better, more energy less brain fog. So I dug for what changed and I did test on generics compared to the B.N. subs even under a microscope. The results are scary. In some B.N. batches there are foreign matter and what looks like metal nano particles on the smooth side of the strip. They use Inquisitive pharma film to make these strips and the inactive ingredients I believe to be the problem. I have many strips logged ,stockpiled, not taken due to what I see in them and what I feel. If you go on their website and dig a bit you'll find that their using these films for much more than subs to deliver meds and nano-tech with graphene oxide in it. Here is a link I found:An mRNA COVID vaccine (and potentially more) with nanoparticles, no shot needed | Yale School of Engineering & Applied Science

Oh great, I've had these kinds of thoughts before ^^^^^

Wondered if they could be putting things in medicines, especially ones designed for addicts. That's freaky.

When I had the generic strips, I noticed a lot of weird blotches on them, that almost look like some kind of bacterial culture growth. But it can't be because they're packaged not to be exposed to anything like that. But if you hold them up to the light, you can definitely see the weird patches on them. Always in different spots & I haven't seen any real concrete answers as to what those spots actually are.

Is there any conclusive proof that they're putting anything like that in any bupe formulations though? I mean the mRNA link has more to do with vaccines than anything bupe related.

Oh great, I've had these kinds of thoughts before ^^^^^

Wondered if they could be putting things in medicines, especially ones designed for addicts. That's freaky.

When I had the generic strips, I noticed a lot of weird blotches on them, that almost look like some kind of bacterial culture growth. But it can't be because they're packaged not to be exposed to anything like that. But if you hold them up to the light, you can definitely see the weird patches on them. Always in different spots & I haven't seen any real concrete answers as to what those spots actually are.

Is there any conclusive proof that they're putting anything like that in any bupe formulations though? I mean the mRNA link has more to do with vaccines than anything bupe related.
True but the pharma tech is the same for subs and other drugs using nano tech. I didn't take that jab never will. But now I see their putting unknown particles in the strips. We know they test this stuff on people like us first. Look at the strips under a microscope you'll see even more unknown spots, hairs, growth and metallic crystals. Also notice these packets are in frequency protected aluminum? Leave open a packet with the strip exposed to the air for a few days and take another look and feel. Than there's the packets with lot numbers linked to us personally. They can test whatever on whoever as long as we stay on them. Also look at all the class action suits and doj cases where this company paid them billions not to look deeper into criminal charges besides the normal. Thats why I want to go back on the subutex pills generic where it's just a white pill no nano crap, cleaner and old school brand and no worries about them putting sneaky peat in my stuff. Dig?

Last edited:
True but the pharma tech is the same for subs and other drugs using nano tech. I didn't take that jab never will. But now I see their putting unknown particles in the strips. We know they test this stuff on people like us first. Look at the strips under a microscope you'll see even more unknown spots, hairs, growth and metallic crystals. Also notice these packets are in frequency protected aluminum? Leave open a packet with the strip exposed to the air for a few days and take another look and feel. Than there's the packets with lot numbers linked to us personally. They can test whatever on whoever as long as we stay on them. Also look at all the class action suits and doj cases where this company paid them billions not to look deeper into criminal charges besides the normal. Thats why I want to go back on the subutex pills generic 54 411's where it's just a white pill no nano crap and worries about them putting sneaky peat in my stuff. Dig?
Yeah I hear you.

Although in some sense, they could get nanotech into people without them even needing to take medicine, so it would seem redundant to have to put it in meds when they could disperse it in air, water, food, etc...

I have looked at strips that were opened & left out before. They didn't change much besides becoming more dry.
Buprenorphine degrades when exposed to light too.. so of course they would wrap it in some kind of light & moisture resistant packaging.

But I also don't really doubt your theory. I didn't get the jab either & am highly suspicious of it. And these pharma companies.
And we all know the general consensus they have toward "addicts". I don't have a microscope either unfortunately.

Which really sucks since bupe is all I have access to currently.

I mean if you discovered nano tech in your medicine, why not upload the pictures & expose this?

Last edited:
It's on my 2do list. I've been researching from another end once I found these particles so when I talk to the doc I will have evidence to show. This will be one of many reasons to switch to bup 54/511's. Their not as strong as the strips but I don't have the groggy feeling and other symptoms on these pills. Also I can't be tracked by a packet. I never trusted that. They could depopulate using batch numbers on us. But I will upload the pics when I take the pics soon.

It's on my 2do list. I've been researching from another end once I found these particles so when I talk to the doc I will have evidence to show. This will be one of many reasons to switch to bup 54/511's. Their not as strong as the strips but I don't have the groggy feeling and other symptoms on these pills. Also I can't be tracked by a packet. I never trusted that. They could depopulate using batch numbers on us. But I will upload the pics when I take the pics soon. Update: I'm trying to upload but I make 2 videos so people can't say it was photo shopped. How can I upload a video on this forum?
Look at my profile and avatar. I put the pics on there so far. Videos will be on Bitchute. My channel is UncensoredEndtimesnews.

Look at my profile and avatar. I put the pics on there so far. Videos will be on Bitchute. My channel is UncensoredEndtimesnews.
Tried to look at your profile, but it says "this user limits who can view their full profile".... I've never run into that before. lol

You could try imgur(dot)com. You just upload a pic or photo to imgur for free & then it will give you a link to share to post it here.

I'm very curious what you've found.

I use to get the strips, the brand name & Dr Reddy's strips.
Surprisingly the brand name strips are the ones which appear to have weird blotches on them. Maybe I'll take some pics later & upload them.

But now I get the pills & I've been through various generic brands. Not really sure if I've noticed much difference between them though really. Maybe I've been on bupe so long that I'm just jaded & think all of it sucks. lol

Whenever you type a comment, put "@" and then my username & it will tag me in your replies or comments around here. So that way when you got this stuff uploaded, you can tag me & let me know about it! Cause I'm incredibly interested.

Tried to look at your profile, but it says "this user limits who can view their full profile".... I've never run into that before. lol

You could try imgur(dot)com. You just upload a pic or photo to imgur for free & then it will give you a link to share to post it here.

I'm very curious what you've found.

I use to get the strips, the brand name & Dr Reddy's strips.
Surprisingly the brand name strips are the ones which appear to have weird blotches on them. Maybe I'll take some pics later & upload them.

But now I get the pills & I've been through various generic brands. Not really sure if I've noticed much difference between them though really. Maybe I've been on bupe so long that I'm just jaded & think all of it sucks. lol

Whenever you type a comment, put "@" and then my username & it will tag me in your replies or comments around here. So that way when you got this stuff uploaded, you can tag me & let me know about it! Cause I'm incredibly interested.
@

DeathIndustrial88

This is how they make the strips:
https://www.c-sops.org/testbed-2

This is a video I made with the foreign particles in the strips:
https://rumble.com/v3zoxjg-suboxone...ve-foreign-matter-metalparticles-in-them.html

@

DeathIndustrial88

The avatar is the pic with the biggest piece of metal. I have newer strips now and the metal is still there but smaller with other weird shiny lines and circles. I'm going to tell the doc to put me on the bup pills for my detox. He said I'm in control with my detox so for starters I don't want the naloxone which has mad side effects alone. Than I have the pics to show him of the metal particles in many batches which I saved for this. I think it started in 2022-2023 when the company changed the formulation. Also thanks for the site to upload pics but they want my phone number which I wont give. I don't use smartphones due to the spying and the radiation which makes me sick.
Switching to generic bupe after being on brandname will be a change for sure. The brand name is stronger by far. There's even a paper on this I was reading.

Recently tried the Mylan. So far I’ve had Alvogen and Dr Reddy for Suboxone generics.

Mylan was by far the cleanest feeling but still wasn’t covering me, I started sweating a day in. Then started trying to use it for 1/4 of my daily dose, the rest being brand name. Eventually after 5 days culminated in me getting the classic migraine I get with the others.

I honestly think this is either synthesis impurities issue or polymorphism.

-GC

Recently tried the Mylan. So far I’ve had Alvogen and Dr Reddy for Suboxone generics.

Mylan was by far the cleanest feeling but still wasn’t covering me, I started sweating a day in. Then started trying to use it for 1/4 of my daily dose, the rest being brand name. Eventually after 5 days culminated in me getting the classic migraine I get with the others.

I honestly think this is either synthesis impurities issue or polymorphism.

-GC
I'm done with the Suboxone brand name and generic strips. This month I want the bupe pills even if I need another a day to be the same strength as the brand name. I don't trust the strips with the metal particles in them. Also they make my head feel pressure like I'm in a fishbowl. The bupe pills 54/411 are clean and don't have all this EXTRA s**t in them. Here's what I found so far;
https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...rand/ED1EBD755AB3FD7107677D50DB67EE8E#metrics

I'm done with the Suboxone brand name and generic strips. This month I want the bupe pills even if I need another a day to be the same strength as the brand name. I don't trust the strips with the metal particles in them. Also they make my head feel pressure like I'm in a fishbowl. The bupe pills 54/411 are clean and don't have all this EXTRA s**t in them. Here's what I found so far;
https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...rand/ED1EBD755AB3FD7107677D50DB67EE8E#metrics

See I feel that head pressure with all of them EXCEPT the brand names. Have you tried the pills yet?

-GC

Hmm.. Igmur has never asked me for my phone number. You can upload pics without even making an account.

Just click on "upload" or whatever & once the pic is uploaded, it'll give you a link to it to share with other people. No account needed.

Luckily I got switched to generic tabs a long time ago. Prolly before 2021 even.

As for the generic pills, I've had the :
Circular orange pills with 970 on them.
Pink hexagonal pill with nothing but an 8 on them.
Orange hexagonal pills with "N8" on one side & "M" on the other side.
Dark orange pills with AN 415 on them
And finally the circular orange pill with white blotches o n it that says 54 on top & 375 on the bottom.

Out of all of those, I find the orange hexagonal with the N8/M on it to be pretty good. Along with the ones with 54/375 on them.
The rest still feel like bupe feel weaker for whatever reason. When I first got on subs, I was given a small script for just buprenorphine and no naloxone. I can't remember what was on the pill, but they were very small white pills & felt pretty damn good. Unfortunately once my insurance was done with their prior authorization, I got switched to buprenorphine/naloxone.

All bupe gives me head pressure. I had actually had severe headaches on the brand name when I first started. It was so bad that I got put on topomax for headaches (which I never took). The headaches stopped after 6 months. And then stayed gone for years, but recently they came back about 5 months ago. The reason this happens & can happen with any form of bupe is due to increased intracranial pressure. This is a side effect unique to partial agonists & not full agonists. So any type of buprenorphine is capable of causing headaches/pressure in the head. Can even lead to a stroke. Which I think is fucked up. So basically they government's like "here, let's get you off that full agonist opioid that makes you feel good & give you this stroke causing, headache-inducing 'safer' partial agonist opioid". Pure hypocrisy.

If you look in the side effects pamphlet of your bupe, it'll talk about intracranial pressure. Or at least mine always does.

I also find constipation on bupe (at first anyway) was just as bad, if not worse than full agonist. Because at least full agonists like heroin wear off in a few hours, which speeds your digestive back up. Where as bupe slowly detaches from the receptor slowly, so whatever constipation it does cause, ends up lasting longer than if I were to just take a shorter acting full agonist.

I guess if they're putting any kind of nanotech in them, then I'm already fucked, since I've been taking it for so long.

Last edited:
That's an interesting video. I can definitely see some weird spots with the naked eye.
Wonder if it could be pieces of equipment or something. Maybe they got pieces of the machinery into the strips.

No idea though.
I stopped getting the brand name strips in like 2018 or 2019, then got switched to Dr. Reddy's. Then eventually got switched to the pills.

That strip I hope you'll save for evidence. I dug in and found some scary stuff about remote monitoring and using the 2 GHz - 3 GHz frequency band used for healthcare no matter our location. Here is some of the proof:
There are many others including patents which show the direction this company has gone. With all the class action lawsuits how can we trust what their putting in the film? Also the brand name is stronger than any generic as I'm sure you know but:
I have saved many strips for proof and maybe a lawsuit. We all need to save them and using a smartphone is not a good idea. They can manipulate the camera to go out of focus. I use a old camera and camcorder with sd cards besides my microscope. Using them together I can see everything on the front side and the back. The smooth back side has the nano particles which are a dark color. I can't see nano up close due to my microscope optics. But it's there.
Remember they changed the formulation a few times since 2016 to 2023. Also when I take one 8 mg strip , I have to cut away most of the crap. The pieces with the particles I put back in the frequency free package and fold it up to save. Than there's the price of these brand name strips which are almost $500 US for a month supply. How much is wasted due to cutting or not taking whole strips due to the metal particles littered in them? I'd say at least half for mine. I'm glad I stumbled on this but we all need to be cunning too. No names, no packaging with the identifiers on the back shown. I'm stitching to the generic bupe pills even if I need a couple extra a day since the brand name is so much stronger. We all need to expose this..

That's an interesting video. I can definitely see some weird spots with the naked eye.
Wonder if it could be pieces of equipment or something. Maybe they got pieces of the machinery into the strips.

No idea though.
I stopped getting the brand name strips in like 2018 or 2019, then got switched to Dr. Reddy's. Then eventually got switched to the pills.
The pills I want to get are the 54/411's no blocker. The blocker has mad side effects and were not meant to take it daily.