Brag about a rave/DJ/club event you are going or went to!! :

Digital Mystikz (Coki AND Mala) with Joe Nice
UHall 2/20/14

DOPE

:D

Nice to see Joe Nice is still at it.

He used to MC a great monthly dubstep party in NYC back in 2008-2010 called Dub War. Sadly they ended the party but at the same time it seemed appropriate as the era of dublike dubstep was ending and we were entering the era of not very dublike brostep. The crowd slowly changed from irie folk that wanted to chill to neon fratboys that wanted to mosh.

Joe Nice is still a solid fixture in our mutual home area of DC/Baltimore. Still spins strictly dubplates. I've never heard of Joe MC'ing, but he is sometimes active on the mic while he spins. It's been a pleasure watching his star rise over the last decade. He's lost a ton of weight too. If you are looking for proper chestplate bass pressha in NYC, you need to check out Reconstrvct. They are one-off parties at various locations with the Tsunami Bass soundsystem. A LOT of my friends here in DC travel up for EACH ONE. I don't know if they have something coming up soon but they do it right.

Although lately I have been listening mostly to live Dead shows, ill.Gates is coming soon and the bass will be awesome!

Lucky 2014 in seattle washington, its gonna be fuarking sick! a bit more trap than i would prefer, but USC events puts on seriously the best shows ever (and then paradiso in june!!)

Lucky lineup:
3LAU // Bro Safari // Candyland // Carnage // Clockwork // Darude // Diplo & DJ Snake // DJ Dan // Firebeatz //Griz // GTA // Heatbeat // Juventa // Kill Paris // Kill The Noise // Loadstar // Michael Woods // Norin & Rad //Sander Van Doorn // Shogun // Showtek

(and i also went to a show on valentines day with Rusko, noisecontrollers and Ummet ozcan.. Ummet did the best set i've seen in my life, it was magicallll)

^ Dude where is Lucky?? I need to go!!!! that sounds so fucking sick!!!

Im seeing Datsik next friday the 28th in Portland, OR! Its gonna be sick but its at sort of a small venue but oh well.

anyone going to tomorrowland this year, first timer here ! bit of a noob when it comes to tomorrowland, anyone who has camped there from experiences have they found getting stuff easy? (its fucking belgium ffs right near holland) must be easy?!? right =D also if i get a script for valium, will it be easy enough to take through with me? doctors note should suffice right?

^if you're in the states you should look @ tomorroworld. It's the USA's answer to Belgiums party mecca.

Also, is anyone trying to go to Big Dub in PA? It's only like $120

Deep Dish this Sunday at U Street Music Hall!
Still billed as "Special Guests". Confirmed that they are playing!
So stoked to see them in such an intimate setting...500 capacity venue with a Martin sound system.
http://www.ustreetmusichall.com/event/483689-special-guests-washington/

I love the venue SO MUCH

Venue1.jpg

Booth2.jpg

YAY!

=D

Last edited:
What a SHOW!
They played simulataneously. I heard a ton of new stuff and it's great becuase Dubfire's bangin' techno was tempered by Sharam's more house-y sound. I loved what I heard and I hope they are working on a new LP.

:)

Deep Dish this Sunday at U Street Music Hall!
Still billed as "Special Guests". Confirmed that they are playing!
So stoked to see them in such an intimate setting...500 capacity venue with a Martin sound system.
http://www.ustreetmusichall.com/event/483689-special-guests-washington/

I love the venue SO MUCH

=D

JJ how is the crowd that shows up to U street? I am so sick of the people that show up to Echostage that its not even worth the 3.5 hour drive for me anymore (we only get 2-3 good shows a year in norfolk/VB). If one more drunken bro grabs my girls ass while she is obviously all over MY nuts, I'm gonna get permaband from that place! I haven't been to U street yet but I read an article not that long ago ranking it as the 2nd best sound system in the country, and the artists booked aren't mainstream compared to echostage, so I'm definitely intrigued.

JJ how is the crowd that shows up to U street? I am so sick of the people that show up to Echostage that its not even worth the 3.5 hour drive for me anymore (we only get 2-3 good shows a year in norfolk/VB). If one more drunken bro grabs my girls ass while she is obviously all over MY nuts, I'm gonna get permaband from that place! I haven't been to U street yet but I read an article not that long ago ranking it as the 2nd best sound system in the country, and the artists booked aren't mainstream compared to echostage, so I'm definitely intrigued.

U Street Music Hall's crowd is fantastic. It's really a no-frills place and an entirely different crowd than Echostage. The soundsystem is unbelieveable. Some places think that throwing together a huge visually-imposing stack of speakers passes for quality but it doesn't. The sound quality at UHall is great no matter where you are on the dancefloor and as soon as you step off the dancefloor, the sound level drops. It's so precise it's almost eerie.

Echostage attracts the "BRO...I'M ROLLING SO HARD AND LOVE EDM LIKE WHOA" crowd. I hate to sound pretentious as fuck, but the music at Echostage is really kinda training wheels. It's the accessible mainstream stuff that is what people tend to get into when they have an attention span of a gnat and are just waiting for the drop. UHall's bookings are consistently excellent and because it's a place built BY DJ's FOR DJ's, artists LOVE to play there. The booking philosophy is entirely different. Echostage thinks..."OK, who will bring in a huge amount of dough?" which UHall thinks "OK, who do WE want to see play?".

There is a fundamental difference in that Echostage events are thrown by promoters like Glow who only make money on ticket sales, and the venue owners reap all the bar income. At UHall, there ARE no promoters for the main fri/sat nights. The venue books the artists and therefore keep ticket prices ludicrously low because the bar defrays the costs. People don't go to UHall to be seen. In fact, it's so dark that it's sometimes hard to BE seen. Friday and Saturday nights are typically FREE for 21+ before 11pm or midnight. For example, tomorrow night I'm taking my girlfriend and her best friend to see Magda, DJ Tennis (owner of Life and Death records) and Beautiful Swimmers. We are going to be there before 11pm so the grand total for admission is NOTHING. That's just awesome.

The audience at UHall are made up of a few different groups on most nights. You have the people who grew up in the rave scene, survived, and over the course of time, their tastes have mellowed. Electronic music will always be a huge part of their lives, even after they ditched the UFO pants. Other people are their guests that were convinced to come out and generally have an amazing time. Some are Europeans that are a little better tuned in to electronic music than typical Americans, but not the type that wants VIP table service and stuff. Sometimes people just wander in from U Street and if they are the dry-humping-in-the-middle-of-the-dancefloor type, they get the evil eye and don't come back. It's a pretty self-regulating crowd.

Bottom line, people at Echostage go out for the party and to hit on girls.
People at UHall go out for the music, and know how to be decent humans.

You won't be disappointed. There's a reason for all the accolades it's received

:)

Goin2 c excision n destroid@ electory factory here n phili friday nigght! Its my bday,got bunny earz $100 glowsticks and a half ounce of ndtitEMD lmao.
Goodtimes fallo the rabbit~~~

trainwreckmolly...check this out...
[video=youtube_share;PYUARyQfWLA]http://youtu.be/PYUARyQfWLA[/video]

Hit me up next time you are coming to DC and maybe we can meet up!

Do any other Bluelighters do holy ship? I just prebooked my cabin to go again next january. cruise ship music festivals are unlike anything else out there.

I had to work.

It is what it is friend.

I love that venue BTW. It is my ideal: dark, spartan, and all about the music

Lately, I've been feeling more tech than straight up house.

<3