• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin black tar heroin

I know black tar tends to cause venous sclerosis at an accelerated rate, is there anything that can be done besides standard IV HR (rotating injecting sites, proper technique, etc.)? More specifically, a manner of preparing the product for injection?[/QUOTE]

Ive been using BTH for 4 years now. The best prepping method that I know is really simple. The tariness and cuts in the dope are known to harden peoples veins to an extent after ALOT of use. After 4 years, I still have EVERY VEIN I started with, so dont let people bullshit you. And quality wise, ive had china white...not as rushy as the tar, doesnt last as long-usually more of a fentanyl type high-cuz it usually is...On christmas the mexicans hook it up with the brown powder instead of the strait up tar-that was the best shit that I have EVER HAD. 2 knockout shots in each balloon, but I mainly get tar. Heres my method of cooking it which gets rid of the cuts in it and leaves you with a nice clear yellowish/brown liquid.....

It's so simple.......But so hard...because you have to wait about 15 minutes for it to work. Just take ur piece of tar, flatten it out AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, put it in your cooker, draw up about 45-50 units of water in your syringe, shoot it on top of the tar.......and then sit and WAIT for 10-15 minutes for the dope to dissolve. The next time you see it, you will have a completely dissolved COLD shot (UNHEATED)...Take your lighter and heat your solution for about 15-30 seconds (DO NOT BOIL-IT WASTES DOPE). As you heat it you will see a darker brown cloud, kinda coffee creamer looking start to form in the middle of solids and cuts in the dope. DO NOT HEAT IT TOO LONG OR THE CUTS WILL DISSOLVE RIGHT BACK INTO YOUR SHOT AND THIS WAS POINTLESS. Once you have a solid mass of goop in the middle of the solution, take ur cotton and drop it in the center of the shot. Draw it up and you'll have a beautiful CLEAR solution, not only does it contain WAY less bullshit in it that hardens your veins, you also have a CONSIDERABLY STRONGER shot because you didnt have to cook it. Tar can take 2 or 3 minutes of cooking sometimes to dissolve completely, so you're destroying less of the product while prepping.

Shoot safe and ENJOY!

Within the last 24 hour's i've seen 3 different "kinds" of BTH, and I was searching through forums(and I hope this isn't off topic) but does the texture and smell take any part in being able to identify what would be best quality? Also a friend was saying you can tell how good something is if you look at the trail, but i'm not sure if this is correct?

Just to note. Black Tar Heroin is NOT heroin, but more so of an opiate cocktail that many users prefer. The misconception that it is heroin is because it is processed morphine, but not COMPLETELY processed. The compound is called monoacetylmorphine, and there are a few variants of it. I always preferred the powder.

Just to note. Black Tar Heroin is NOT heroin, but more so of an opiate cocktail that many users prefer. The misconception that it is heroin is because it is processed morphine, but not COMPLETELY processed. The compound is called monoacetylmorphine, and there are a few variants of it. I always preferred the powder.
"Heroin" was the brand name for Bayer's diamorphine hydrochloride. Their is no more "Heroin", but there is generic diamorphine and street drugs that contain diamorphine. It's a brand name thats become the generic name, like aspirin or adrenaline.

Black tar heroin is 50%-90% diamorphine hydrochloride uncut, with the remainder being monoacetylmorphine, acetylcodeine, narcotine, papaverine, narcine, meconine, and acetylthebaninol(I think). It's often cut with instant coffee, diphenhydramine pills, sugar, mannitol, lactose or shoe polish.

East coast Colombian powder is 70%-95% diamorphine hydrochloride uncut, with the remainder being acetylcodeine(hard to remove from morphine). It's usually cut with lactose, mannitol, procaine, lidocaine, quinine, or diphenhydramine pills.

The cuts and impurities may alter the high, but for all practical purposes both are real heroin.

There is both diacetylmorphine and monoacetylmorphine in BTH.
East coast Colombian powder is 70%-95% diamorphine hydrochloride uncut, with the remainder being acetylcodeine(hard to remove from morphine). It's usually cut with lactose, mannitol, procaine, lidocaine, quinine, or diphenhydramine pills.
Vitamin B is another common cut in powder heroin, more specifically used in the northeast US.
The cuts and impurities may alter the high, but for all practical purposes both are real heroin.
This.

Acetylcodiene in BTH cause siezures?

negrogesic said "Yea that acetylcodeine will get to you. I shoot tar all time, but ive yet to have a problem. Its definately toxic though, and can cause seziures, and in benzo withdrawal, ive been having seziures lately and am all the more prone to more from the acetylcodeine........"

Am I reading this correctly that the acetylcodeine present in black tar heroin(BTH) will give you siezures when you withdraw? Or is the poster saying that he is withdrawing from BTH and benzos and that the acetylcodiene present in BTH makes siezures from benzo withdrawls more likely? Or, does use of acetylcodiene itself cause seizures? I guess I don't understand this post because I thought opiate/opioid withdrawls didn't cause siezures. Please tell me what, if any, connection there is between acetylcodiene and siezures.

All opiates lower the seizure threshold, acetylcodeine being one of the worst. Acetylcodeine is usually present in about concentrations of 5%-10%, but can go as high as 30% if a high codeine type opium is used without proper purification. I think the acetylcodeine is as toxic as the heroin, so the lethal dose might be the same as pure heroin, However, this study, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11714588 said acetylcodeine potentates the convulsive effects of heroin, meaning it could be more dangerous than heroin alone.

I think negrogesic was withdrawing from benzos, which in combination with the tar gave him seizures. I've never seen anyone have a seizure from tar or withdraws from it , but with other risk factors like downer withdraw, other drugs like uppers, or history of epilepsy, tar and any opiate use(not withdraw) could put you at risk for a seizure.

I've had white powder, brown powder, and every shade of black tar you can imagine. Tar is EVERY BIT as good as powder, and sometimes can give you a BETTER rush than powder. My biggest problem with powder is that ANYONE can stomp on the product some more by adding any kind of properly colored powder, and you won't be able to tell until you put it in water and a bunch of insoluble shit floats to the top. Tar is way harder to re-cut and make presentable for sales. I've only had powder that I would compare to tar a couple times. It started in a powder form when I got it, but after opening up the bag, the powder would regroup and turn into little pieces of tar. Once you put it in water, it wouldn't dissolve right away, you would still have to heat it to get everything dissolved. That was probably the best shit ive had in a long time. But even the tar that is currently available....all I need is .2 in a shot and i'm rocked for a good 6-8 hours, and it def takes me 24-30 hours to be completely sick after my last shot. I guess ive never got to try the Jersey shit people talk about, probably never will as I have NO WANT to live in shitty New Jersey, but I genuinely just do not believe it's THAT much better. People fall out on tar...people OD on tar...it's not as shitty as people say...actually it seems that it's far MORE potent than people realize. I'm just trying to help new users realize...just because you may only be able to get Black Tar....Doesn't mean you need to shoot a gram at a time to get a rush. Tar is every bit as powerful and rushy as it's powder companion. Good powder is just slightly more dreamy/euphoric...that's the only difference...

Yeah, tar can be potent as fuck, I'd say a .1gm of 50% cut tar round here's as strong as an OC80. The shit that starts as powder and turns to tar is called mud, tar cut into a powder. It can be stronger than most tar because it only takes like 30% cut to powderize it. But that cut could be white powder heroin. Colombia's been cracking down on poppies, burma/laos haven't pick up production much compared to what they used to, afghan dope probably ain't showing up much in the US, but mexico's been ramping up production, so the DEA been finding mixed types of heroin. Sometime dealers mix the cheaper, more available tar with powder so it's acceptable to users uses to powder. All these people talking about how great powder is probably have used tar and don't even realize it.

I wish it were true that tar's too hard to cut, but it's very easy. And some of those cuts are fucked up, shoe polish and instant coffee being among the most common. Why can't they use a proper cut like caffeine or quinine?

Powder users have some advantages. They can snort their shit and powder's easier on the veins. Plue it comes in nice glassine stamped bags or vials, not ripped up grocery bags.

You'd think that sinces the mexicans can make pure meth/PCP and decent x they'd be able to make heroin that's at least is easy on the veins. I mean Burma and Afghanistan are way more primative than Mexico, Mexico's got educated people. They must take the same approach they do to weed, get some shit out there cheap and in bulk, quality be damned. Or maybe since tar was released in the early 80's, some markets like Texas or California came to expect heroin to be tar. Maybe they tried making powder but it seemed weaker when smoked(most mexicans don't use opiates, the ones that do usually smoke it).

Mr.Hedges said:
I guess ive never got to try the Jersey shit people talk about, probably never will as I have NO WANT to live in shitty New Jersey

lol!

Last edited:
Yeah, tar can be potent as fuck, I'd say a .1gm of 50% cut tar round here's as strong as an OC80. The shit that starts as powder and turns to tar is called mud, tar cut into a powder. It can be stronger than most tar because it only takes like 30% cut to powderize it. But that cut could be white powder heroin. Colombia's been cracking down on poppies, burma/laos haven't pick up production much compared to what they used to, afghan dope probably ain't showing up much in the US, but mexico's been ramping up production, so the DEA been finding mixed types of heroin. Sometime dealers mix the cheaper, more available tar with powder so it's acceptable to users uses to powder. All these people talking about how great powder is probably have used tar and don't even realize it.
I highly doubt that tar heroin is being cut with white powder heroin. It wouldn't make much sense considering that lactose is usually used to make tar into a powder consistency.

Tar has always been a mixture of diacetylmorphine and monoacetylmorphine so I don't know what you mean about the DEA finding mixed types of heroin. Is there any source that say post for that?

Is tar ever cut with fentanyl? Is fentanyl ever used to cut any dope or do they just make fake dope by putting fent on some random inactive powdery substance?

I have got tar that I felt was cut with fentanyl. Not very euphoric, very short acting, only 2 or 3 hours, but I would be nodding out the whole time. Only had stuff like that a few times tho. The "mud" as you called it is pretty damn good usually. It's generally brown chunks that look crystally mixed with bits of brown powder clumps. Def more potent than the usual tar they sell, they break it out at christmas time for a week or two. The usual stuff is still a good potency, like I said .2 is enough for me to nod after a blunt. I've had "china white" a few times as well and suspected that may have been fentanyl cut...it didn't last that long and wasn't as rushy as the tar...had more of a medical or pharmaceutical opiate feel to it. I only got it a few times when I couldn't get anything else as it was overpriced and not as fun as the usual balloons. I'm sure it's like the one guy said tho...what you started with is what you prefer...mental conditioning over time subconscious or conscious is a crazy thing.

Tommyboy, street heroin may be diamorphine and monoacetylmorphine(or it should be), but there is always trace impurities in even the purest heroin. There are different types of opium from different regions. It's a bit like different strains of weed. Colombian opium is different from Mexican opium. Burmese opium is different from Afghan opium. The differences carry over to the heroin. And different manufactures use different techniques to make it. This leaves chemical signatures that forensic scientist profile. I don't want to link to it, but it's in the National Drug Threat Assessment 2010 under Heroin Availability.

Hobble said:
Is tar ever cut with fentanyl? Is fentanyl ever used to cut any dope or do they just make fake dope by putting fent on some random inactive powdery substance?
Look up 'Richardo Valdez fentanyl' I don't know if the mickey cobra gang dealt tar(which is available in Chicago), but I think they were mixing it with heroin and using insanely high doses of fentanyl in their bags to 'attract' customers(very sad :( ). Really fentanyl won't be to bad if it was properly cut. IMO it should be sold in microdots or liquid ampules, or cheaply in highly diluted and well stirred(to avoid hotspots) powder. But no, they probably used a coffee grinder. :!

Mr. Hedges said:
It's generally brown chunks that look crystally mixed with bits of brown powder clumps.
I've had that type of tar, it ain't no mud! It was some good shit. Like a cross between tar and powder.%)

Last edited:
There's the "powder tar" that you simply blow on lightly for a second, and it turns to molasses, and then there's the power tar that you could have under the heat of a blowdryer for half an hour; and it'd still (more or less) be powder.

The best tar I have come across (I live on the boarder with TJ) was actually already a very gooey molasses. FAR from "red amber". The batch looked like dog shit, yet smoked like fire. I'm actually kind of glad I never shot that batch tbh.

Hey does anyone have any articles or knowledge or sources or links to information or documentation about some of the junk that ends up in street tar? I'm talking adulterants.

I always hear about black tar being mixed with 'shoe polish'
Is it just me or does this sound unnecessarily volatile...
I mean, chances are if you have shoe polish, you also have access to something, i don't know, less nasty and harsh and toxic? I mean, jeez why not just use Liquid Plumr?

I'd just like some actual proof of some of the wonderful and wacky things found in street grade tar heroin, mainly out of curiosity.
I haven't shot dope since I was a kid, but I always thought that 'shoe polish' scuttlebutt was super scary, which is why I was never comfortable with it and only did it a few times.
I mean, wouldn't a shot of shoe polish kill you?

Question: heroin dark black/orange tint. It is really sticky and gooey. Very pliable. I've usually only gotten hard Goo balls. It burns stangely on foil. Kind of clumpy and red tint and has a light shine on the run. Explain?

"Heroin"??

"Originally Posted by gomorrah
Just to note. Black Tar Heroin is NOT heroin, but more so of an opiate cocktail that many users prefer. The misconception that it is heroin is because it is processed morphine, but not COMPLETELY processed. The compound is called monoacetylmorphine, and there are a few variants of it. I always preferred the powder."

^^ That's interesting. I had always heard that Tar was cooked opium gum (or whatever the actual term is for processed latex) treated with acetic acid. Whereas China White was refined all the way to Diacetyl Morphine (I think??).

However... I was clean for nearly a year, and when I resumed my usage the tar I consumed consistantly gave a warm, pleasant, euphoric rush. The "glow" that only heroin can give <38o<3=D<3%). So.. Is it me? When I was younger, I shot a lot of powder that gave me that feeling but this West Coast tar gave me the morphine "pins and needles".. I am pleased to say the least, but is it me? After a good two months, I am still getting the same reaction, so what's up? I'm interested to see if i'm alone on this..

The fuck are you guys shooting? Of course there's some diaceytl in tar...along with MAM.

Im reading quite a few people that mix tar with liquid and then snort. SWIM knows a much more efficient way to make tar snortable. Put the tar in an advil jar add about half the weight of tar you put in baking powder. IE 1 gram heroin you would add .5 gram baking powder. Then put a quarter in the jar and shake hard for 5 minutes until you get a brown powder...it is harsh but much better and easier than liquifying it and trying to force that in you.