• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin black tar heroin

^ Read the rules. This is a harm reduction forum. Telling you how to get heroin is not reducing harm, now is it? Heroin is easiest to obtain in the ghettos/inner city and you will almost certainly get ripped off, at least initially. The heroin game is FAR dirtier than buying some pot/pills/etc. If you don't already do it, don't start.

About the main topic, I've been curious about black tar heroin for some time now. In the midwest, we primarily get powder (often very potent) which I read is generally better. A lot of people around here claim that black tar heroin is incredibly strong, but I think they are probably misguided by the media.

I recently found a connection for BTH, straight from AZ.
Is it even worth trying?

I know black tar tends to cause venous sclerosis at an accelerated rate, is there anything that can be done besides standard IV HR (rotating injecting sites, proper technique, etc.)? More specifically, a manner of preparing the product for injection?

Last edited:
Heroin is actually just a "Transporter" for the morphine. It crosses the Blood Brain Barrier a lot faster than just straight morphine...thus making it hit harder persay. This is why they make Heroin.

^ Read the rules. This is a harm reduction forum. Telling you how to get heroin is not reducing harm, now is it? Heroin is easiest to obtain in the ghettos/inner city and you will almost certainly get ripped off, at least initially. The heroin game is FAR dirtier than buying some pot/pills/etc. If you don't already do it, don't start.

About the main topic, I've been curious about black tar heroin for some time now. In the midwest, we primarily get powder (often very potent) which I read is generally better. A lot of people around here claim that black tar heroin is incredibly strong, but I think they are probably misguided by the media.

I recently found a connection for BTH, straight from AZ.
Is it even worth trying?

I know black tar tends to cause venous sclerosis at an accelerated rate, is there anything that can be done besides standard IV HR (rotating injecting sites, proper technique, etc.)? More specifically, a manner of preparing the product for injection?

one of my friends just moved to illinois, so i was jealous he was gonna get to try the powder dope instead of tar, turns out he hates it. He says its good but that theres no rush to it. The tar we were doing is extremely good though, the best ive ever seen and most tar youll find is garbage usually. I dont shoot, but when he did his whole head and hands would burn and itch and i guess with the powder he says he always does a shot and waits and doesnt feel anything then just slowly feels high where as with tar its like gettin smacked in the face.

that is the total opposite of what i have experienced. tar usually had no rush but lasted much longer. powder was a warm punch to the stomach but i would get sick much faster. powder was MUCH better in my opinion.

i lived in LA, Austin Texas and Arizona. so i have had my share of tar.

i have also lived in NYC, Providence RI, and Philly.... so i know my powder too.

its funny. i have found usually whatever you started with you tend to prefer, ie if you started using H with tar you will have a preference to it and vice versa per powder. the brain is a funny thing.

one of my friends just moved to illinois, so i was jealous he was gonna get to try the powder dope instead of tar, turns out he hates it. He says its good but that theres no rush to it. The tar we were doing is extremely good though, the best ive ever seen and most tar youll find is garbage usually. I dont shoot, but when he did his whole head and hands would burn and itch and i guess with the powder he says he always does a shot and waits and doesnt feel anything then just slowly feels high where as with tar its like gettin smacked in the face.

Sounds like the tar you got had alot of unreacted morphine.from what I've heard of tar,I'm sure I'd like it.I shoot morphine sulfate myself,and love the itchy pins and needles and hot blooded feeling.I enjoy shooting Oxy and Hydromorphone,but they just seem to lack the "Ooomph!" that morphine packs.

Thats's probably how I would feel about tar and powder.

^ Read the rules. This is a harm reduction forum. Telling you how to get heroin is not reducing harm, now is it? Heroin is easiest to obtain in the ghettos/inner city and you will almost certainly get ripped off, at least initially. The heroin game is FAR dirtier than buying some pot/pills/etc. If you don't already do it, don't start. ?

LOL, I used to mod this forum. Telling you how to get heroin? What are you even talking about? I said that raw opium doesn't exist as a street product because of simple economics. If you can make opium, then you're more than likely not going to stop there. That is a fact and it's why you won't find much opium on the streets. I think you're reading into my post much further than you should be.

Maybe you're one of those people who think that heroin is somehow worse for you than other opiates? I don't quite understand that school of thought either.

LOL, I used to mod this forum. Telling you how to get heroin? What are you even talking about?

Ya, I didn't quite make the connection how eating poppy pods somehow led into sourcing heroin. Quite the jump IMO.

How often do you tar smokers wait inbetween hits? When I try to smoke a much as possible in a short time to get a longer better high I miss that rush from big hits and the high after is short lived. How long should I wait for the best high ?

I take another hit, maybe, after the nod and the high wears off. After i get to nodding i dont keep smoking cause that would be ovrrkill.

And to those that think snorting tar better than smoking, you must not be doing it right. Youll get all the smoke in the straw and in ur lungs, and the high is nonexistant sniffing compared to smoking, plus sniffing tar is gross and painful. Tar smoke doesnt taste bad if youre used to it.

Oh ya, shooting tar is by far the best compared to anything. Just use new needles and alc swabs, dont miss a shot and youll be good.

first of all thanks to sonic for replying to the green lighter who thinks he's a MOD. really yb62338 what in the hell are you talking about...maybe you ought to learn the site a little better before you get on a power trip, and go to telling people that have been here forever how to post....
ok now that i got that out of the way. I got about a 200-300mg oxy habit a day...my buddy kicked me a pin head sized peice of black tar. he said if i shot it i would get a good high/lilrush...well i dont shoot s i asked him if i could smoke it and he said ya but it might not do much. anyways i chased it on some foil like i would the old oc's(is this the proper technique?), and i did good at not wasting any smoke or burning it up to bad. I felt a litlle something, but not much. SO i did about 20 mg of oxy(snorted) and went to use the bathroom(which of course i couldnt cuz i was constipated lol), but anyways while sitn there it hit me a little more. felt really relaxed and then got the niods hard. didnt last very long. its about 20 min now since i hit the BTH, and about ten minutes ago i dosed another 40mg of oxy...i feel good but for my first time ever trying herion it was pretty lame. I relize this was from the small amt, the ROA, and cuz i have a huge tolerance to opiates.
bottom line is i have a chance to get more tmmrw.. if any of u have read my previous post u know im prescribed a large amt of oxy for my extremely fucked up back...my buddys gonna come over and break out with his balloon, and im hoping he will be down to smoke. I am very nervous about shooting up. i just dont want to feel like i should shoot all my opiates after experiencing shooting BTH. so hopefully i can get the full effect of just smoking it and then im probably gonna buy a balloon. i know where not allowed to talk about prices...so all i will say is it seems expensive for .02 grams. will that even do much for someone with a tolerance like mine since i refuse to shoot? I just need to supplement my opiate habit with other things, because i really need my pain pills for the pain and that leaves little room to take them recrationally( although i do anyways). just that little pin head peice i smoked i cant see whats so great about it. i hope i dont have to boot to find out. so smpoking a ballon should get me ripped at least 2 or 3 times right???
i will search to find this info as well but if anyone wants to give me some quick ansers that would be great.
p.s. i hope to get my hands on some raw opium i think that would be so delightful

Okay so here we go... I'm just graduating from college and through my time I have done just about everything... coke, thiz, shrooms, acid, benzos, and my favorite pharms! Right now I am on a Soma kick, a muscle relaxer... however I have always wanted to try black tar. I have a huge fear of needles so there's no way I could shoot it. I want to smoke it. Now i have a few questions/problems. First of all, I have not the slightest idea where to get it. Second, I am a little confused on how to smoke it- I know get tin foil and then place a small ball of the tar on there, but when it comes to lighting it do you just use a lighter and add heat until smoke rises and then inhale? I could use a little advice on these questions. I am in Stockton CA which i feel like it would be around, but I am also back and forth from the bay area everyday. Yet I still have no idea where to even go to ask for it, how to ask for it-- like ask someone for some "black" or "cheeba" or "h". I'm an attractive young female so I feel like this shouldnt be a big issue, but Im ready to take the leap and try it... all I need is alittle advice =)

Okay so here we go... I'm just graduating from college and through my time I have done just about everything... coke, thiz, shrooms, acid, benzos, and my favorite pharms! Right now I am on a Soma kick, a muscle relaxer... however I have always wanted to try black tar. I have a huge fear of needles so there's no way I could shoot it. I want to smoke it. Now i have a few questions/problems. First of all, I have not the slightest idea where to get it. Second, I am a little confused on how to smoke it- I know get tin foil and then place a small ball of the tar on there, but when it comes to lighting it do you just use a lighter and add heat until smoke rises and then inhale? I could use a little advice on these questions. I am in Stockton CA which i feel like it would be around, but I am also back and forth from the bay area everyday. Yet I still have no idea where to even go to ask for it, how to ask for it-- like ask someone for some "black" or "cheeba" or "h". I'm an attractive young female so I feel like this shouldnt be a big issue, but Im ready to take the leap and try it... all I need is alittle advice =)

LOL. The mods are gonna be all over you like white on rice here shortly....=D

Hey Everyone,

I'm a newb. I registered because this forum is hands down the best I have found for everything related to Heroin and specifically kicking. I have been snorting black tar for the past two and a half months. Where I live, it's called "chiva". I used a rig and would dissolve a dub (or more) in 50cc's of water then put the plunger in my nose.. Anyway, I have never mainlined, but I was a hydrocodone addict for three years, and kicked that with Suboxone earlier this year. Black tastes like shit.. Like dirty vinegar... I have a feeling that the stuff I have been using was cut BIG TIME because I really didn't get high off it for very long.. Maybe a few weeks. Mostly it gave me energy.. Anyway, I am kicking as we speak and want to write about that in the appropriate forum. Thanks for being here...

Hey Everyone,

I'm a newb. I registered because this forum is hands down the best I have found for everything related to Heroin and specifically kicking. I have been snorting black tar for the past two and a half months. Where I live, it's called "chiva". I used a rig and would dissolve a dub (or more) in 50cc's of water then put the plunger in my nose.. Anyway, I have never mainlined, but I was a hydrocodone addict for three years, and kicked that with Suboxone earlier this year. Black tastes like shit.. Like dirty vinegar... I have a feeling that the stuff I have been using was cut BIG TIME because I really didn't get high off it for very long.. Maybe a few weeks. Mostly it gave me energy.. Anyway, I am kicking as we speak and want to write about that in the appropriate forum. Thanks for being here...

You must be in the bay area? and its not "chiva" lol its CHEEBA!

Nausea

Hello everyone,

Just made this account because there tends to be a bit more first hand experience here on blue light threads then those on DF. Anyway, swim is not new to black tar. He is living near Denver, a place where powder heroin turns into tar in the presence of breath. He used to prefer stimulants, crystal meth being his favorite, but is getting sick of the sleep deprivation and paranoia they cause him and therefore he has moved onto BTH. Swim only chases and loves this high, though, the one thing he hates is the nausea and vomiting that accompany it. Sometimes that BBQ/vinegar taste/smell causes him to feel nauseous, but now a bout a vomiting ensues hours after chasing. In fact, swim chased .5g with a friend yesterday, threw up 2 hours later and then within 3 hours of that episode, he threw up violently 2 times in the toilet, laid on the floor and threw up on himself and then threw up once again in the toilet. This was interesting because swim wasn't even high enough to nod off.

So, does anyone else experience an intense bout of vomiting? Does anyone know of an OTC or homemade remedy that can treat this problem? Swim is not able to get his hands on promethazine or any Rx medication so these things are out of the question.

Thank you,
FinnishPharmer

Dunno if it;s the pronunciation of the slang of chiva, but "Chiva" is slang for tar heroin, many Mexicans told me so, and I also now enough spanish to know anyway, Cheeba is a slang for WEED!! Cheeba Cheeba was or is a name for a certain good type of Mexican weed..Chiva in spanish translates to goat, or billygoat, used as a nick/slang term for heroin, tar in specific...lol..Chiva,black,negra,brea,etc..all spanish slang for tar...You must not understand the accents or that may be what a few people you know call tar, but all the bay area people I know know it as chiva,tar,black,etc..lol..not Cheeba!! No, wrong info...Chiva is slang for tar heroin..everywhere in the US and Mexico I have been where tar was around,Chiva was one of the slang names since the 90's..lol..I'm 34, done some tar before, but I like the fire Colombian #4 powder heroin..lol..snort a line or 2,etc. and get high, IV some and get really fucked up properly on a heroim high!!!

I hope someone responds :)

This is my first post on BL... I have been amazed with the amount of info in these forums, it is awesome! Anyways, I live in the Seattle area and have been using heroin for about 5 years. I made the switch to heroin because the price of Oxycontin was rapidly increasing and I had a decent tolerance. I was snorting 2-3 80mg Oxy's a day around the time I made the switch. The heroin I was introduced too was black tar. Its texture and color varied on the batch - sometimes gooey, sometimes dry/hard, color was always very dark but could be more brown than black and sometimes even look to have a tint of red. I started off wetlining the BTH around 1g at a time and would smoke weed with it to induce the nods. The wetlining didn't last long before I started to slam it. I was able to get twice as high as snorting an 80mg Oxy from slamming .5-.7g of BTH. I continued this habit for 3 years but increased my dose to 1g-1.5g per shot, overall using around 6gs a day. So much for kicking the Oxys to save money, but I knew the right people and didn't exactly have to pay for it. The BTH was nasty to shoot in that amount 1g in a 1cc rig is like syrup and the dope was dirty too.
Anyways, around a year and half ago a bunch of stuff went down and I woke up one day and wasn't able to get any. The entire 3 years I used tar I used the same guy as my connection and I guess he was making too much money cause the feds took him away :) So I had no choice but to go through a friend that had been wanting me to try her stuff she had for a while... She referred to it as "gunpowder" and said it was a lot better than the shitty tar I was doing. She was right... I only had to do around .3g to get the equivalent of a 1g shot of the tar I was used too. The gunpowder was/is light in color, kind of tan, and cooks up nice with little residue left floating around (compared to a pile of sludge left from the tar) and the powder turns solid when exposed to humidity.
So I now had a steady connection to the gunpowder and am introduced to a whole new crowd of people, a lot of them had little to no experience dealing with tar, and they were all smokers and the few of them that had smoked tar hated it cause of its taste, harshness on the throat, and weakness. Their habits were started by smoking Oxys but they were forced to switch to heroin when Oxys changed from OC's to OP's(which are made so they can't be abused without putting in some work). I ended up working my way through this new crowd of people to find the source of the gunpowder. I was surprised the first time I saw it because it looked just like the tar I was used too except it was/is a lot (a lot) more expensive and is referred to as "pure" and is always dry and crumbly, large pieces are very hard, and isn't as dark in color as the tar I had been dealing with its more lighter brown in color - but still dark. Around this time I had increased my dose of gunpowder from 0.3g a shot to 1.0g a shot so the first shot i tried of "pure" weighed 0.2g and it was a strong high :) (as it should be... people pay $10 per 0.1g). Sooner or later I found out that, majority of the time, the gunpowder is just 1/4 "pure" ground up/blended with melted down, and then, dried sugar.
The one constant throughout my heroin experience is the vinegar smell. Within the past year and half I have lost all connections to the original tar i started out with, watched the rise and fall of gunpowder to the rise in popularity of this so called "pure", and notice a loss in purity in the "pure" :) People now cut the "pure" with sugar (just like the gunpowder) except they dont blend it, they melt it together so it stays in a tar form. But they can't cut it too much as it becomes softer and darker the more it gets cut. But I have been doing straight "pure" (no gunpowder or tar) for probably 6 months now and manage to only be doing around 1.0g-2.0g a day and have noticed only a slight decrease in quality over the time, while the wholesale price drop around $500-$700 less per piece(oz -3.0g). I assume this "pure" stuff is just high quality mexican tar? Anyone have an idea?
Also, I was wondering what is the difference in the heroins I have read people mentioning? #2 Heroin, #3 Heroin, #4 heroin??? I really want to know! :) I hope I didn't go off on too much of a rant but this is the heroin I deal with in the Seattle area. Thank you for the existence of such a cool site! Peace!

Last edited:
How often do you tar smokers wait inbetween hits? When I try to smoke a much as possible in a short time to get a longer better high I miss that rush from big hits and the high after is short lived. How long should I wait for the best high ?

you take your amount depending on your tollerance usually a point3 for me and get it in you as fast as possible.if you wait to long inbetween the hi will go down as the body tarts to proscess it...i smoke it all the time and it works fine. snorting it mixed with water is great to its actually stronger than smoking.just dont put too much h2o..or its a damn waste....hope this gives ya an idea. lungs repair themselves veins dont....