• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Big Mephedrone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Pre-existing heart issues may not make a difference as meph is thought to cause heart problems not just exacerbate them :\

Yes i've read all that stuff and i'm sufficiently scared, it seems the majority of stories there are on people who have really hammered this drug, done it every day, or had about 5g's in a night..

Not at all. Some of those "horror" stories come from single doses, some from "moderate" use and some (probably most, to be fair) from binges and chronic use. The stuff's just plain dodgy and I'm finding it harder and harder to justify even sporadic and/or minimal use of it :\

I hope (and am "sure") everything will be fine, Dai. Good luck with the doc <3

PS: Latest lil side-effect lovely from the meph vault - swollen testicle doctors think is related to "working with chemicals". The full quote is in the EADD Mephedrone Megathread. Yet another reason to steer well clear of the stuff, methinks.

No history of heart problems whatsoever, heck i'm only 21, and i used to run about 10 miles a day before i went to uni.
Well i went to the docs and had an ECG, bloodtest and various other tests on my heart, all of which came back fine. Apparently i'm pretty healthy, my blood pressure and all the rest of it fine. So they cant really explain the pain in my chest, its basically like a constant very mild stitch just above the nipple (i'm a guy)..
They said if it continues to come back in 7 days, but to be honest ever since i've had those tests its starting to feel alot better, placebo maybe! Only think i can think of is that maybe it's a minor muscular thing..

Anyway assuming it gets better i'm not going to take the chance with this drug again, as much fun as it was, it wasn't worth all the anxiety i felt over my heart.

im gonna cut my usage down to no more than 500mg once every two weeks, if that. i might just save it for special occasions. i was starting to burn out from doing it every weekend.. feel so much better for not doing it over the weekend just passed.

anyone find after a certain point of doing it they're body and limbs feel weightless? i think its when im approaching the 400/500mg mark.. and everything looks kinda cartoon-ish. with massive euphoria. will never ever forget the feeling... amazing

Hmm, those tests never show up anything negative even for the ppl that turn purple.

After all the worrying, doc visit and tests etc, i i think that whatever it is, it IS getting better, feels like a sort of stiffness in my left peck now.

I think maybe i am just particularly sensitive to this stuff, 200mg had me completely wasted, massive starey eyes, even just stroking my hair felt fucking incredible. Gonna be hard but i'm def going to leave this stuff alone for some time, and if i do try it again, i'm gonna take at least half that dose.

Never got any blue limb issues, which is obviously a good thing. i reckon seeing as its pretty much a powerful stim, it may of had me tensing the muscles in my chest way too hard all night. I can't think of anything else to explain it. Started out a little painful for the first few days, leaving me paranoid that my heart was fucked. But judging by the way it feels now, i don't think it could of been my lungs or my heart.

Learned my lesson anyway, alot more caution in future, just because my mate was fine with it and can afford to be all smug. Gonna stick to the tried and tested stuff, shame though as its only thing that can really compete with real MDMA, something that basically doesn't exist in the UK atm.

My friends and I recently (few months back) happened across a place to get it in abundance, as such we went through about 50 grams of it (selling a bit her

It was marketed as a legal high on an Aussie website which has since closed down.

Although, the legality is in question, I think here in Australia it's illegal because it's an analogue of 'cathinone' and 'methcathinone'...

I've got a lot of personal experience with this drug, not only my own personal use, but seeing how it affected my friends and other people I passed it on to.

The first time I heard of it was when my friend said "Hey man, I've got this new legal high, it's a powder.'

I didn't really think a legal high in powder form was ever going to be worth it, he told me that it was pretty good, so I did indulge.

The first time I took it, I took a few dabs of the stuff (this was the lab stuff, 99.98% pure) and it tasted every bit of that...terribly piquant (read: bitter as shit) and smelling like a factory full of chemicals (a smell which has firmly ingrained itself in my wallet and just won't go away).

I was in a group of about 5-6 that night, and met people throughout the night. The first thing I noticed was the empathetic qualities of MDMA coming through, the jibber-jabber mechanism started up and everyone was talking and divulging their secrets, fears, desires and what not...as if there was no such thing as an 'inhibition'. So it worked, it was like MDMA in that manner...but with a much less euphoric high. I really only needed the dip of a finger (150-200mg) to get high, and for an hour or so once it was down my gullet.

My first thoughts on this were that it had the chatty and slight-lovey effects of MDMA, but with the confidence boosting aspects of coke - without the arrogance.

Cokestasy seemed like a good enough term for it.

Then we discovered snorting.

The slightly crystalline fragments hurt like a motherfucker going up - but with enough it took me back to my first E, or MDMA experience...my brother walked around with his eyes bulging the first time, unable to really talk...just to experience this overwhelming, mind-numbing but 'oh-so-great' feeling.

The problem is, as with most other insufflated goodies, after 20-30 minutes the feeling was down to near-baseline whereafter re-insufflation was in order - and often.

The first time I had it, my friend who originally bought it told me that no more than 400mg a day.

Another problem with it is, as other people have stated, it is so very moreish. The first night my brother tried it (was a Monday, nice night for it huh?) and we sat watching TV with such an incredible buzz (I never normally abuse anything, but this felt so good...slipping into junkie-dom because what I was doing was legal...).

The catch-phrase that night was "Wannanotherline?". So yes...the bag he bought for the weekend that night slowly turned into an empty one, he got two more after that...and we dipped into that.

The levee has run dry now, the website closed...I haven't looked into getting it any other way, because...frankly...I do like the stuff, but it's worrying at how much you can take, and how much more you want.

I'm normally a very controlled person with any substance, I've never been addicted to anything...and here I was in the grasp of what felt like that.

There was about 500mg of this stuff left until last weekend...and it's now completely gone, I wave fondly goodbye to Mr Four-Em-Em-Sea and remember the good times I had, but also the scary amount that could be gone through...and re-dosing almost futilely every 30 minutes or so, just to kick-start a buzz that was never quite going to be as big again.

People here also seem to have had different reactions to it also.

My three core friends who tried this, we all had the same sort of experiences with it. The first time another friend tried it, his eyes just would not close - not anymore than a 'deer in headlights' anyway. He had about 2 beers that night, and wouldn't get in anywhere else for the rest of the night.

Another friend who tried 'dipping it' with the finger, he said that it rivalled MDMA, he told me that it almost made him feel bisexual...(curiouser and curiouser).

Closing thoughts:

It feels easy to do it on any night of the week that people are going out, it seems to be the perfect addition to a few drinks, a nice social buzz...a couple of friends also note that when they've been on it, the confidence seems to shine through in a natural way...which lead to them managing to hook-up with some fairly decent young ladies.

It also didn't feel like I had acquired a heavy tolerance, slightly diminished perhaps, but not entirely noticeable at times.

However, I don't think I'll ever swim in the 4mm-Sea again...

Just remember, be careful...don't take more than you can handle...even if you think you can.

Snorting is a good way to get really fucking high, but it's also a really good way to make your nose bleed (especially with the pure stuff) and to Crave (with the capital C) like a dope-fiend with nothing to lose.

Cheers.

Closing thoughts:

It feels easy to do it on any night of the week that people are going out, it seems to be the perfect addition to a few drinks, a nice social buzz...a couple of friends also note that when they've been on it, the confidence seems to shine through in a natural way...which lead to them managing to hook-up with some fairly decent young ladies.

I totally agree with regards to social aspect, i will never do this drug again, i hate what its done to me wit the anxiety and health worries, which i hope will subside... But GOD DAMN did it make me confident. I managed to make friends with a premiership footballer and continued the party back at his sick apartment, (no joke!) and I had the early 90's cheese DJ playing drum n bass and Jungle. =)

Sorry to hear about that Dai, I haven't heard of any of my friends having any adverse health effects...only thing that happened was a direct result of the actual snorting - i.e. nosebleed, and I believe my brother developed an ulcer on the back of his tongue - but nothing major apart from the usual lack of sleep, wide-eyes and what not.

If I'd ever had that kind of reaction I'dve given it the boot from day one - I suppose you weren't really to know until after.

Hope you feel better soon mate.

Hey guys, first post! haha

I tried mephedrone for the first time yesterday, took only a 60mg line, and i did have a good time, but it has been very harsh on my heart, and im a little worried i may have done permanent damage. It was beating very rapidly yesterday, and all of today it has felt/still feels "heavy" and very slightly sore.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this, and how long it took to leave them. I will be seeking medical help if it continues too much longer.

Wont be touching this stuff ever again thats for sure..

*yes i have tried searching through the many mephedrone threads already*

What would be a good first-time dose of meph?

i am gettin a tester soon and wanna test it out but don't want to get too spun out.

^I'd say eat .010 mg first to test for any allergies etc then wait a few days and take around .200 mg and then maybe if you feel the need to redose have another .100mg?

What would be a good first-time dose of meph?

i am gettin a tester soon and wanna test it out but don't want to get too spun out.

Yeah a good first does is around 200-300mg. Its not really that sensitive to smaller amounts like some substances. I started on 250mg, that came on quite well quite strong, then re dosed accordingly after. I find sniffing it is quite different in effects, more speedy, less empathy. Bombing is the way me thinks.

^Does it burn when insufflated like the 2c-x drugs? I know its completely different, but since its techincally a RC i was just wondering.

I will probably just take it orally, since i don't like extreme stimulation.

Does meph feel anything liike cocaine or methamp?

It burns like hell and leaves a horrible taste in your threat when snorting

since its techincally a RC

It's technically not an RC cos it's never been researched. Supposed that makes it more of a UC...

It stings but nowhere near as bad as 2Cs. The drip's foul too. And the effects are horrid snorted. Oral really is the best way with it and I've tried every method other than IM.

Oral effects are still pretty stimulating but with good empathy and a slight trippiness (although not everyone gets the latter). Nasally it's jittery and fiendish with little empathy.

I'd probably say dose lower than 200mg orally for a first time - especially if you're not too big on stimulants. I had a perfectly pleasant first time on 100-150mg orally - enough to get a feel for it anyway. 200-250mg is nothing too outlandish but if you don't like stims may be a bit much for a first time. You can always dose higher another time :)

^I'd say eat .010 mg first to test for any allergies etc then wait a few days and take around .200 mg and then maybe if you feel the need to redose have another .100mg?

I'm not trying to flame or start a fight, but I have had the following opinion for a few years already and don't remember ever talking about it, seems like a good opportunity.

What you just said is such a widespread belief when trying new drugs, I wonder where exactly it came from. But allergies aren't really dose dependent, if you have an extreme allergy to mephedrone you could die off a milligram. Some people that are allergic to latex can't have injections in which the solution has been collected into the syringe from a vial through a latex rubber lid because the contact of the needle with the latex can be enough to cause a severe reaction (I'm not sure what people do then, maybe just changing the needle after collectiong is enough, maybe a hypoallergenic rubber is already the standard in every vial).
But most likely no one will react much to mephedrone at first, unless the person has a cross reaction due to having a previous allergy to a similar substance (I wonder if allergy to any stimulant alkaloid/cathinone/amphetamine is even slightly common, I don't think I ever heard of that). An allergy only happens after some exposure to a given molecule. So, if someone takes a few small doses to "check for allergies" you could theoretically develop and maybe even strengthen (through the repeated exposure) an allergy just before you finally take your normal dose and go into anaphylactic shock (I doubt it, though). Ever heard about the guy that was told by his doctor that he is allergic to shrimps and then claims "but I've always eaten them!"? Does anyone ever take just a chip of their new medicine to "test for allergy"? Even for drugs know to cause a relatively high rate of allergic reactions the standard protocol is to just take the regular dose and then just look for medical help if there's an adverse reaction. Highly allergic or people that live far from medical help maybe should have medication at home and be instructed on their use by a doctor.

What could more likely happen is some other kind of hypersensitivity (like if maybe you have some enzime deficiency) or some bad adverse reaction, and since it's an unresearched drug we don't know much about those. But taking just one milligram is way too little, I personally started at 50-60mg, then just redosed for real (like 200mg orally, it sucks to try a recreational drug for the first time without actually getting high) when I was back to baseline a little over an hour later, having had only weak effects and no unexpected reactions.

Everyone is welcome to convince me otherwise about the allergies.

It's technically not an RC cos it's never been researched. Supposed that makes it more of a UC...
I guess it's one of the only real representatives of that famous class of "designer drugs". A drug that actually seems to have been created just to serve as a legal gray area high.

Tried it. Got the powdered sugar-type stuff.

What a nasty useless drug for the most part. Snorted it and found some minor effects, though I find adderall (which I have an rx) more fun to be honest. Then I bombed around 150. Felt barely anything -- just queasiness. I then snorted several huge lines. Again -- not much to write home about compared to legal speed.

Side effects: burning sensation in the nose, nasty drip, more-ish (when you snort you never PEAK like on Coke so you always want to do more)... lots of chatter so everyone knows you're tweakin' out. Water retention at the end of the night and then you have to pee really bad.

I did mix it at one point with 200mg Methylone which was pleasant in its own right -- though the "rolling" effects of Methylone last less than an hour (with another couple of hours of empathy.)

Can't find ONE reason here to give up MDMA, boys. This is a LOT more sketchy and costs more (at least where I am).

Tried it. Got the powdered sugar-type stuff.

What a nasty useless drug for the most part. Snorted it and found some minor effects, though I find adderall (which I have an rx) more fun to be honest. Then I bombed around 150. Felt barely anything -- just queasiness. I then snorted several huge lines. Again -- not much to write home about compared to legal speed.

Side effects: burning sensation in the nose, nasty drip, more-ish (when you snort you never PEAK like on Coke so you always want to do more)... lots of chatter so everyone knows you're tweakin' out. Water retention at the end of the night and then you have to pee really bad.

I did mix it at one point with 200mg Methylone which was pleasant in its own right -- though the "rolling" effects of Methylone last less than an hour (with another couple of hours of empathy.)

Can't find ONE reason here to give up MDMA, boys. This is a LOT more sketchy and costs more (at least where I am).

Sorry but you must of got some low quality shit.

Doesn't sound like you had the best stuff. However, user reviews of mephedrone vary widely so it could just be that it doesn't agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.