• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Bible verse of the day!! Get your daily study on.

The Words of ALMIGHTY GOD are eternal and this progress is a joke.
We have to wait and see what progress happens in the 21st century. Things are lining up for bad times, progress, if you talking death and misery, just wait, things are going to be really bad once nuclear war breaks out. That is not progress. Like I said, it is always calm before the storm and things are not calm. The worst is yet to come.
I think what @bird.brain is getting at...is that the problem lies in people believing that this is the 'word of God' in the first place, and is therefore not open to challenge, so cannoyt evolve from the counsciousness of the era it was 'written ' in

And that is because organised religion is a (very effective) social control system, and that these are not the 'words of God' but merely words of human beings who want you to believe they are divine laws for obvious reasons.

It is the 'eternal' words of 'ALMIGHTY GOD' that are the main damn problem. Look at the world and it's issues. Obvious is obvious.

Any alien intelligence tuning into the latest editions of the planet earth show must be pissing themselves laughing at our credulity

Love the reminder for the Bible verse of the day sm! It's such a grounding practice to start our days with. I remember redecorating my room last year and decided to add some Christian Wall Art. It brought such a warm and peaceful vibe to my space, reminding me daily of my faith journey. Seeing those verses amidst my day-to-day activities was like a gentle nudge from above.

Last edited:
Nehemiah 9:26–38

26 “But your people rebelled and disobeyed you;
they turned their backs on your Law.
They killed the prophets who warned them,
who told them to turn back to you.
They insulted you time after time,
27 so you let their enemies conquer and rule them.
In their trouble they called to you for help,
and you answered them from heaven.
In your great mercy you sent them leaders
who rescued them from their foes.
28 When peace returned, they sinned again,
and again you let their enemies conquer them.
Yet when they repented and asked you to save them,
in heaven you heard, and time after time
you rescued them in your great mercy.
29 You warned them to obey your teachings,
but in pride they rejected your laws,
although keeping your Law is the way to life.
Hard-headed and stubborn, they refused to obey.
30 Year after year you patiently warned them.
You inspired your prophets to speak,
but your people were deaf,
so you let them be conquered by other nations.
31 And yet, because your mercy is great,
you did not forsake or destroy them.
You are a gracious and merciful God!

32 “O God, our God, how great you are!
How terrifying, how powerful!
You faithfully keep your covenant promises.
From the time when Assyrian kings oppressed us,
even till now, how much we have suffered!
Our kings, our leaders, our priests and prophets,
our ancestors, and all our people have suffered.
Remember how much we have suffered!
33 You have done right to punish us;
you have been faithful, even though we have sinned.
34 Our ancestors, our kings, leaders, and priests
have not kept your Law.
They did not listen to your commands and warnings.
35 With your blessing, kings ruled your people
when they lived in the broad, fertile land you gave them;
but they failed to turn from sin and serve you.
36 And now we are slaves in the land that you gave us,
this fertile land which gives us food.
37 What the land produces goes to the kings
that you put over us because we sinned.
They do as they please with us and our livestock,
and we are in deep distress!”

38 Because of all that has happened, we, the people of Israel, hereby make a solemn written agreement, and our leaders, our Levites, and our priests put their seals to it.

Off topic - did you'all know that there was a book of Nehemiah in the Bible? I straight up didn't even know LOLOLOL. You live and you learn, right?

It means turn a change of attitude towards God utmost. To repent means to make a conscious effort by the empowering of the Holy Ghost. Two objectives that God Almighty demands of us. When He was questioned by the Pharisee they said Rabbi what is the Greatest commandment of all. To Love God w all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. The second is like it. To Love your neighbor friend or foe as yourselves. By doing this you have done what hung on the Prophets and God Himself. Why do you think David was a man after Gods own heart. It's because he was madly in love with Him. To write poetry about God. To have his wisdom.. He was just a sheperd boy but He knew God. When he did murder and commit fornication he reminded God of his Mercy. Even tho from the Day The Prophet Nathan said your sins are forgiven. The sword never left his home. We all need a heart after Gods own heart. To be passionately in love with the Maker and adore His Wonderful works.
just wondered why you are on here ?

2 Peter 1:5-8

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus%2Basks%2BChristian%2Bwhy%2Bhe%2Ballows%2Bevil.jpg

Nehemiah 9:26–38

26 “But your people rebelled and disobeyed you;
they turned their backs on your Law.
They killed the prophets who warned them,
who told them to turn back to you.
They insulted you time after time,
27 so you let their enemies conquer and rule them.
In their trouble they called to you for help,
and you answered them from heaven.
In your great mercy you sent them leaders
who rescued them from their foes.
28 When peace returned, they sinned again,
and again you let their enemies conquer them.
Yet when they repented and asked you to save them,
in heaven you heard, and time after time
you rescued them in your great mercy.
29 You warned them to obey your teachings,
but in pride they rejected your laws,
although keeping your Law is the way to life.
Hard-headed and stubborn, they refused to obey.
30 Year after year you patiently warned them.
You inspired your prophets to speak,
but your people were deaf,
so you let them be conquered by other nations.
31 And yet, because your mercy is great,
you did not forsake or destroy them.
You are a gracious and merciful God!

32 “O God, our God, how great you are!
How terrifying, how powerful!
You faithfully keep your covenant promises.
From the time when Assyrian kings oppressed us,
even till now, how much we have suffered!
Our kings, our leaders, our priests and prophets,
our ancestors, and all our people have suffered.
Remember how much we have suffered!
33 You have done right to punish us;
you have been faithful, even though we have sinned.
34 Our ancestors, our kings, leaders, and priests
have not kept your Law.
They did not listen to your commands and warnings.
35 With your blessing, kings ruled your people
when they lived in the broad, fertile land you gave them;
but they failed to turn from sin and serve you.
36 And now we are slaves in the land that you gave us,
this fertile land which gives us food.
37 What the land produces goes to the kings
that you put over us because we sinned.
They do as they please with us and our livestock,
and we are in deep distress!”

38 Because of all that has happened, we, the people of Israel, hereby make a solemn written agreement, and our leaders, our Levites, and our priests put their seals to it.
Seems to me that alot of the old testament is a bunch of masturbation being done by "God"

It's all these verses about people Telling him how great he is and how they should have listened, but now they're going to listen.

Oh and lots of smiting. And brimstone. And it's just doesn't matter if your babies or innocent animals. The smiting is equal opportunity.

It's hilarious because you can see the transformation of god into this vicious warlike God after the Israelites were getting there ass kicked all over the Levant.

I guess they were like hey we can't have this nice kind God that made gardens and stuff. We got to have a god that smites people so the the other tribes around here fear us.

Passing the buck, just like every other bullshit myth.

"Oh look I'm an omnipotent omniscient part of triad deity (Yes, I know that's an oxymoron 3 is not one but just go with it ) that can actually do something about all those things he asked me about, but I'm going to do some passive aggressive bullshit and throw it back on him even though he can't really do anything about it.
Myself, I'm such a dick!"

Did you know that in the Bibles that don't they actually do?
It's just called the second book of Edras?
No I mean the Bibles don't have any of that.

Psalter Bible only had Psalms.

The gnostic Bible only has gnostic gospels.

That's right redefine you statement...

1) The Psalter Bible is not the entire Bible. It is a short book that just contains the Psalms for convenience sake so that one can recite the Psalms in praise and not have the entire text to carry. It was never meant to contain the entire message, it's more of a "song book" for worship.

The Gnostics Bible professes that the God of Abraham is actually not God. It is a mock of the Bible.

So what's your point other than obfuscation and deception??

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
—Galatians 3:26-27

No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon [money, possessions, fame, status, or whatever is valued more than the Lord]. Matthew 4:24

I think this applies to more than just serving God. It also pertains to our fellowship with one another. Do we have an agenda held in higher regard and disregard those around us? No benefit of any kind can be found in having everything the world has to offer but losing your soul in the process. This verse was a serious heart check for me today.

“You may recite or listen to countless scriptures, but you will not be established within until you can forget everything.”
― Ashtavakra Gita

“While a man of pure intelligence may achieve the goal by the most casual of instruction, another may seek knowledge all his life and still remain bewildered.”
― Ashtavakra Gita

;)