• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Bible verse of the day!! Get your daily study on.

simstim

Bluelighter
I know that we had a Bible study thread already but this is intended for posting a daily verse of the day and its discussion.

Lately I've been reading from the Complete Jewish Bible and that's where these quotes will come from most likely.

This was today's verse.

“Therefore, repent and turn to God, so that your sins may be erased;
Acts of Emissaries of Yeshua (Act) 3:19 CJB

Feel free to discuss today's verse.
Peace.

God put Yeshua forward as the kapparah for sin through his faithfulness in respect to his bloody sacrificial death. This vindicated God’s righteousness; because, in his forbearance, he had passed over [with neither punishment nor remission] the sins people had committed in the past;
Romans (Rom) 3:25 CJB

It means turn a change of attitude towards God utmost. To repent means to make a conscious effort by the empowering of the Holy Ghost. Two objectives that God Almighty demands of us. When He was questioned by the Pharisee they said Rabbi what is the Greatest commandment of all. To Love God w all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. The second is like it. To Love your neighbor friend or foe as yourselves. By doing this you have done what hung on the Prophets and God Himself. Why do you think David was a man after Gods own heart. It's because he was madly in love with Him. To write poetry about God. To have his wisdom.. He was just a sheperd boy but He knew God. When he did murder and commit fornication he reminded God of his Mercy. Even tho from the Day The Prophet Nathan said your sins are forgiven. The sword never left his home. We all need a heart after Gods own heart. To be passionately in love with the Maker and adore His Wonderful works.

Last edited:
For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.
edit sorry heres the text
Who is "he"?
What got me was "terror" but I dont see it much although a lot of children are havin a hard time of it. I get it.
What are the obvious answer(s) to this?
Makes me feel kinda "uncle-tom" ish.
idk

Roman's 12:10 outdo each other in love. Love as I have Loved you.

After Peter recognized Jesus He led him somewhere and I'm sure Peter had his head down. Jesus said three times in the sense the Peter denied three times. Jesus said do you Simon Peter love me. Lord You know All Things You know I love You. Jesus was healing Peter because denying Him broke him so badly.

Love with all of the fibers of who you are inside in and out. Love your neighbor foe or friend as yourself. What a drastically different world we would live in. I think it would in a sense be the Utopia God wanted. Sin tho has corrupted everything. One thing tho. There will be a New Heaven and New Earth where we His ppl will be in fellowship with the Alpha and Omega. Not some candy cane sugar daddy God who will give you a new G6 jet. But the One who is able to open the 7 seals. The Lamb slained before the foundation of the Universe. The Lion of Judah.

Study Revelation 2 and 3. Find out which 1 of the seven churches you are. There where written to tell the 7 conditions of the Body of Christ before the Tribulation the Great one.

I wanna be martyred yet I don't know if that's God certain plan. There where only two churches that recieve no rebukes. Smyrna and Philadelphia. Look closely to Loadicia. It seems like the faith movement and prosperity gospel. God had nothing nice to say about that Church. They think since they acquired wealth there faith must be great. The Lord said you are pitiful and naked.

I won't lie to yall. I have many regrets. I have and still do make a lot of mistakes. But I tried. Revelation 3:7. Upon waking in 2010 I heard a voice say read Revelation 3:7. It landed right on Philadelphia. At the time I could see I wasn't backing down even tho the fight was hard. Here I am today. Not sure where I belong. I care deeply about ppl souls. Yall can say whatever. My conscience won't leave me alone about it. Help us finish the race Father.

How about John 3:16 For God so loved this little marble that He gave is only begotten Son, that who ever places their trust in Him shall never perish, but have everlasting and eternal life.

Simplified for us children.

Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
-Corinthians 13:13

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
-John 15:12

Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
He replied, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”
Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.
For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
-Matthew 12:47-50

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore;
the sun shall not strike them,
nor any scorching heat.
For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd,
and he will guide them to springs of living water,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.
-Revelation 7:16-17

I have a debilitating case of Scrupulousity where if I just open God's word. Mainly through Hebrews where Paul's says there can be a falling away where it is impossible for you to come back. And the Ezekiel where it says if you know right and don't try to witness to your fellow man the truth you know their blood will be on there hands. When my OCD spikes it literally feels like I'm at the White Throne Judgement. I feel like I'm about to be thrusted in Hell. After all my trauma I did develop a photographic memory which can be a curse or a blessing. God is Provedentially Sovereign.

Isaiah 45:7
I create light, I creat darkness.

I make peace and I create evil. I the LORD do all these things.

Deuteronomy 32:39
I kill and make alive. I wound, and I heal. Neither their is no one that can deliver out of My hand.

If you read Matthew Chapter 24 you will find a concise and clear of explanation the entire Book of Revelations by Jesus right before He was crucified.

I believe this with My Whole Heart. Not some pretribulation rapture. It'll be one last martyr witness.

Jeremiah 51:12
Lift up a signal against the walls of Babylon;
Post a strong guard,
Station sentries,
Place men in ambush!
For the Lord has both purposed and performed
What He spoke concerning the inhabitants of Babylon.
Source

Wondering what that "signal" may be and what is to be "lift up".
Sorry not trying to bring war into this thread but it is a thing but only a small part I think. Although some believe it to be a major battle that brings in change from being free of the "ungodly" babylon.
Yes, IMO, babylon is still alive and reaching for the heavens. All I can say is good luck with that.
Love

@Lil'LinaptkSix

I find it useful to look at multiple translations of verses if they don't immediately make sense. People make the mistake IMO of thinking that the Bible, written in English, is the word of God. Not saying you're doing that. My point is, the exact wording (in any particular translation) isn't always symbolic. Sometimes it's just a bad translation.

"Lift up a signal" is translated as such in different versions of the Bible:

Lift up a banner (against the walls of Babylon)
Raise the battle flag (against the walls of Babylon)
Set up a standard (against the walls of Babylon)
Lift up a signal flag (against the walls of Babylon)
Give the signal to attack (the walls of Babylon)

In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.

I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning, surrounded by brilliant light. The centre looked like glowing metal and in the fire was four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, but each of them had four faces and four wings. Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands.

Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

Each had the face of a human being, and on the right side the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. They each had two wings spreading upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body.

Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went.

The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.

I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature. They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel.

As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went.

Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault, sparkling like crystal, and awesome.

When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings - like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty - like the tumult of an army.

When they stood still, they lowered their wings.

Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings... and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

Ezekiel 1:1-30
(I edited it a bit.)

Lift up a banner
This is what I was thinking but in modern day equivalent? Flags, still?
I find it useful to look at multiple translations of verses if they don't immediately make sense
Oh, yeah, I have read till I cannot see. I love books. If I get some glasses will go back to reading. There will be the takeaway of being mostly not here in my "off" times as I can get lost in some writings. The more esoteric or outrageous the better.
;)

God made the end before the beginning whichever flavor His Word is in its by His Sovereign will. Yes going back to the Christians of Neros day all they had was the Apostles. We have it all down in a Book. The Sword of the Spirit. All the Prophets where to prepare the world of its worst time ever. far worse then Nero. He will be like Hitler. Many theologians think he will bring peace, this maybe true but military might. You either throw in w him or get mowed down. The Beast which will be empowered by Satan after Satan has lost his abode. This man will come out of the shadows. All the Prophets are squeezed in Revelation. It was a foretelling. The Book of Revelation says blessed is he who keeps the Word of this Prophecy for the time is at hand. That was over 2000 yrs ago. Can you imagine how close we must be now. God is outside the box of time. We're in this time chamber so we can't even comprehend eternity. When Jesus said He saw Satan fall like lightning He wasn't saying He was peering into the future but was already there. Fully human Fully God.

You have to intertwine the Book of Daniel with Revelation because it will give you insight into this man of lawlessness. Hitler as cruel as he was was strategically bringing the Jews back to their homeland by God Almighty. And looky at that, the Nation of Israel was born. What delusional thinking Hitler had, if he could erraticate the Jews that would be Satan's win but God is always one step ahead. He wrote it all down. And His Will will be done. No one can thwart His Plan Ever. The Tribulation the Great one is not only those after the Holy Covenant but those of the True Covenant. Us believers. The rapture doctrine was from a young woman, Margaret Mcdonald, she just had a dream, went to the council and they said that's not biblical. Then it spread like wild fire. no where are Christians exempt. Smyrna was going to be beheaded. How Philadelphia was going to be protected. I think its by that those who where prepared for this period wont bow but face it head on. Their faith will not erode like those of the pretribulation rapture doctrine. I believe it's rooted in demonic opposition to get the saints ready for the most dreadful day ever.

@Lil'LinaptkSix

I didn't mean to suggest you don't read books, bam-ba-lam. It came across wrong. I meant I find it useful to use a Bible site to compare translations back to back. I read large print books. That way I don't have to wear my glasses. I don't know why they print everything so small. The Bible should be like 10 books, but they cram it all into one overstuffed volume with columns and columns of stupidly tiny words. It gives me a headache. Swapping from one translation to another, much more so. The internet makes the Bible much more accessible.

This is what I was thinking but in modern day equivalent? Flags, still?

I used to try and understand the Bible in it's entirety, but now I'm convinced doing so is likely to drive even the best of us a little mad... and I'm hardly the best. You could spend your entire life dissecting the Bible, but some of it will never make sense.

I like the upbeat philosophies of the Bible, more than the horrible events that take place. Narratives in the Bible often tend towards the drama / nightmare end of the spectrum, because life was hard when back then. People got nailed to crosses. There were slaves. People were racist. There was incest. People murdered their family members. It was, by all accounts, a pretty fucking horrible time. So, it makes sense that the stories were dark.

The crucifixion of Jesus is a seriously fucked up story. My brother took me to see Passion of the Christ for some reason. He's not religious. He just likes Mel Gibson, I think... Anyway, I walked out of the cinema and stood out on the street for ten minutes or so during the torture scene.

I have seen every horror movie there is, pretty much, but this fucked with me.

I don't like how they focus so much on his death. It's super morbid and weird. But - then - I don't think he was a supernatural being. I think he was a prophet.

At least he died on a cross. Church would be pretty disturbing if he died like Elvis Presley.

I'm rambling. There is too much that is open to interpretation. This is my problem with the Bible.

God is simple. Buddha is better.

image_e3735f1b-324d-4946-ba32-942ffb9fb3f2_1024x1024.jpg