Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Best Stand-Up Comedy Specials

For the Brits, Stewart Lee shows are great to watch for the come down. His monotonous voice is just perfect for when you're sick of flashing lights and too much noise. Also his logic and the way he constructs an argument, arguing rightously for what he believes in works on drugs.

Despite what the op says, Bill Hicks is the man and always will be. The bit about getting a DUI on acid always gives me a chuckle in Sane Man. I listened to a bootleg show of his once and he went on for literally half an hour arguing about why drugs are brilliant and why anyone who disagrees is a complete idiot. Shame comedians never talk about drugs anymore in their act. Even though Hicks didn't have the best stage presence, the fact that he was so passionate about his beliefs makes him so magnetic.

Another Stewart Lee fan! I am not alone in the universe!

Also, after watching Let It Go, I am now a bonafide Bill Burr convert.

Bill Hicks is funny as shit, you contrarians.

Surprisingly actually found Donald Glover (aka Childish Gambino) pretty funny. He writes for 30 rock aswell as the whole music thing he's in to. Thought it might be abit of a cop out but did actually find myself laughing a fair bit at him. Check it out on youtube, ya might be surprised :)

Sean Lock, Lokipedia.

[video=youtube_share;h_YL5GfqnjM]http://youtu.be/h_YL5GfqnjM[/video]

Musings of a cranky old bastard.

i recently saw jim gaffigan live... fucking hilarious
and i can't get enough daniel tosh

Yeah, there's this guy called George Carlin who once told a few jokes. There's also this one random comedian named . . . Richard Pryor, I think? They're all so underground and unknown that I forget sometimes. Check those two out though.

It makes me feel old and sad so little of you are mentioning these two.

And did anyone mention Lenny Bruce?

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have the atmosphere of stand-up we enjoy today if he didn't have the hutzpah to keep doing what he did after being arrested so many times on absurd 'obscenity' charges.

The Berkley Concert (full)

Ron White's ones on Netflix are absolutely hilarious!

Gary Gulman- In This Economy

I watched it this afternoon and giggled the whole through. He's a tall funny jew-y Jew.

I actually saw him open for Dane Cook (no judgment, it was a decade ago).

Can't believe Nick Swardson only got one mention! Dude is absolutely hilarious. Check out his special "Seriously, Who Farted?" It's currently available on Netflix.

Can't believe Nick Swardson only got one mention! Dude is absolutely hilarious. Check out his special "Seriously, Who Farted?" It's currently available on Netflix.

Yeah, good point.
But you got to listen to his first recorded gig "Party".
Try listen to them in that order.

(3) Anthony Jeselnik
I looked through the last five pages of this thread, sampling names on youtube, many of whom I have some or a lot of familiarity with, but Jeselnik is the only one I watched more than two clips of (I watched no less than 10 of him). It's not that the others are bad in any way (well OK, I think some are), it's that Jeselnik is such an obvious standout. He's so confronting and antagonistic. He get's furious and brutal when the audience doesn't get it like it's their fault (and it may be), he makes them the failures, and I love it. The indignant desperation of his viciously contrarian attacks reminds me of Doug Stanhope's suicide humor. I have to wonder if his act would be as successful if he was significantly uglier, because for a comedian the guy is pretty ... pretty. In any case, if you're looking for stand-up that cuts to the bone he's one to look into.

Brace yourself, brother. Jesslnick has a new special airing on Sunday dubbed Caligula.

Just saw him on Jeff Ross' The Burn and had a good laugh, so ill be sure to watch.

Brace yourself, brother. Jesslnick has a new special airing on Sunday dubbed Caligula.

Just saw him on Jeff Ross' The Burn and had a good laugh, so ill be sure to watch.

I'm sooooo ready for this. Already got it set and ready to record. Jeselnik is fucking hilarious. I had never heard of him until I saw him on the Roast of Charlie Sheen and have loved him ever since.

Also, I'm watching Patrice Oneal's Elephant in the Room on comedy central right now and this shit is cracking me up so bad. I've seen it before and even know a good bit of the jokes and I'm still almost in tears over here.

Here's a good bit from the special in case anybody hasn't seen it.