Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Best Stand-Up Comedy Specials

Jesslnick has a new special airing on Sunday dubbed Caligula.
Heh, I looked up the wiki page for Caligula the other night just because Jesslnick mentioned the guy in his acts (repeatedly, along with other "classical" figures like Shakespeare). I was somewhat aware of Caligula's nefarious doings prior to the refresh, but the reminder helped me make far more sense of where Jesslnick's coming from than I would've had without it. Thanks for the update on the special.

I watched Anthony Jeselnik's show on Comedy Central and it was absolute garbage

makes me feel ashamed to walk around to be honest

I watched Anthony Jeselnik's show on Comedy Central and it was absolute garbage

makes me feel ashamed to walk around to be honest

I always liked his Stand ups, but his show is complete garbage. He brings on great comedians like Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Nick Kroll, and Kristen Schaal...and it still sucks!

Comedy Central really wants another Tosh.0.

I've been watching Dylan Moran all day lol... that dude is FUNNY. He's got a very strung-out sense of comedy, like he's super drunk and forgets what he's talking about yet still making it funny

at your recommendation, we settled in to watch "monster" by dylan moran last night. his accent was so foreign and thick that it made it almost impossible for us to understand what he was saying, and when we did catch on, the laughter was too late. id try again as he seems a charismatic and witty man; just the cultural differences made it difficult to grasp the humour.

...kytnism...:|

I <3 Rob Delaney. I've been following him on Twitter and tumblr for a long time now.

His special Live at the Bowery Ballroom is on Netflix now.

While it's funny, I'm not sure if his humor translates into stand-up as much as I thought it would.

I only watched 5 minutes and then put on 30 Rock (big surprise). "handmade in USA episode".

I'll add two names I haven't seen in this thread: George Lopez and Bo Burnham.

Can anyone recommend me a good comedian?

Comedians I like: Sean Lock, Marcus Brigstock, Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey, Chris Rock, David Mitchell, Robert Webb, Stewart Francis

Comedians I hate: Louis C.K, Izzard, Alan Carr, and comedian's such as Will Ferrel and Zach Galafanakis (sp?) who are clearly better playing as a character than doing standup (IMO)

agree. loius ck seems to be almost universally admired - what about him do you dislike, struttergear?

alasdair

Comedians I hate: Louis C.K, Izzard, Alan Carr, and comedian's such as Will Ferrel and Zach Galafanakis (sp?) who are clearly better playing as a character than doing standup (IMO)

Zach G's standup is way better than any of his film roles. Like, it's not even close. "Live at the Purple Onion" is one of the best standup specials I've ever seen.

agree. loius ck seems to be almost universally admired - what about him do you dislike, struttergear?

alasdair

I think he is painfully unfunny, I didn't laugh once during his standup I saw (whichever one is one Netflix). Ricky Gervais was praising him up and I just dont get it

I think he is painfully unfunny, I didn't laugh once during his standup I saw (whichever one is one Netflix). Ricky Gervais was praising him up and I just dont get it

Pretty much every comedian on the planet has nothing but good things to say about Louis CK. Dude is hot right now.