• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Benzo's and opiates - Really that dangerous?

I have a huge benzo tolerance (12 years of daily use) but a low opiate tolerance. I OD'd on familiar gear at a familiar dose and ROA. The only difference from good experiences was that I had taken a daily dose of clonazepam an hour prior to taking the heroin.

Other people have said it on this thread, but, yes, it really is that dangerous. Part of the danger is the unpredictability: I'd mixed the two before, just not in quite the same timeframe, etc.

I can't take benzos..they make me hateful as hell.

However, I've lost several friends to OD in the past few years, two since summer, and all BENZOs in their system on toxicology reports.

I think the reason it's so dangerous is because of CNS but like someone mentioned, benzos kinda mess up the oxy/hydro buzz, causing you to redose. (saying in some cases, not all)

Mixing alcohol, benzos and opiates is a death wish, period.

In most cases, people can't just limit themselves to 1mg or lower, they have to seek obvlivion.

That different state thing has happened to me a few fateful nights haha. But on a more serious note, this combo is very dangerous and very unpredictable. Like, you'll do this one day and be fine and then do it another day, at the same doses, and stop breathing. Shits serious. Unfortunately, so many opiate addicts do it on a regular basis and so many OD from it. I've lost a lot of good comrades to this shit (especially alprazolam/heroin). The way they synergize gets out of control and dangerous way way too fast. Save the benzos for those imminent opiate withdrawals; you'll be glad you did.

Simco-

if you had a low tolerance to opiates, why jump on the strongest opiate? IMO that's why you od'd.

when I started on opiated and my tolerance was very low 20mg of hydrocodone gave me a superman type high.

but I know you can't change that now, and everyone makes mistakes.

but the part I was confused about was your low tolerance and jumping straight to heroin.

ive been on opiates for nearly 9 years, started with hydrocodone r for 2 years, moved on to oxycodone for 3 years, THEN after 5 years of hydro and oxy I jumped onto smoking heroin, and I smoked it for a year. So that's 6 years of opiate use, after that I went into a methadone program, which has helped me a lot, no more lying or stealing from your family for your fix once on methadone.

Been in the methadone program for 2 1/2 years, so that's 9 years ofmopiate tolerance,

Methacodone,

As to why I went straight to heroin with no tolerance. Two answers: 1) H was what I was able to get my hands on, and 2) I didn't realize how different H is from other opiates. Dumb.

I was and still am flying pretty blind with a lot of this. That is, I don't know a lot of other users and have pretty much had to rely on myself and BL to figure shit out. But it's going on 18 months since that OD and haven't had any problems since.

Simco,

that's awesome to hear man. I hope you never OD on anything again.

I've been in the drug game for 11+ years, uncluding cannabis, opiates, benzos, XTC, coke, amphetamines, pretty much the whole nine yards. I've tried lots of different kind of drugs, and my drugs of choice were opiates. That's why I got addicted to them.
Not 1 time, have I OD'd on drugs (knock on wood).

It REALLY helps to re-search the substance you have before consuming it, how to take it, what not to take with it, best BA, etc. I've done that to every drug ive tried, and imo the re-search has saved me from OD, if I never re-searched, how would I know what im taking, or how much to take? etc.

Just a future refrence.

It's Scary because Stories of the Average House Wife that Swllows a fucking SMALLEST DOSE OF XANAX 0.25MG Pill While Reading A Book On the Couch Sipping on One Cup Of One Or if you wanna Replace the Cup Of Wine with ONE TYLENOL 3 For Arthritis Pain Fuck even a Tylenol 1 Plus the 0.25mg Xanax and then READING A BOOK AND FALLING ASLEEP WHICH ALSO SLOWS YOUR HEART RATE IT IS PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE AND THE PEOPLE WHO KICK DEATH IN THE BALLS AND SURVIVE FEEEL GREAT AND LIKE IT IS HARMLESS WHEN IN REALITY YOU SHOULD FEEEL LUCKY AS FUCK BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO DID WIN THIS GAME OF RUSSIAN ROULETTE Medication Combination Equals Death And Front Page Newspaper Shit About How Bad ALL DRUGS ARE!

To be Honest if your Life is Shit from Insomnia Like Me fuck it i'd rather Die in my Sleep painlessly or most likely WAKE UP REFRESHED FROM ALL THE TEMEAAZEPAM I TOOK AND MY 90MG METHADONE IN THE MORNING OR SOMETMES BEFORE I WAS ON METHADONE OR WHEN I SKIP A DOSE I USE 15MG HYDROMORPHONE Insufflated Not WEAK ASS VICODIN HYDROCODONE DILAUDID HYDROMORPHONE EATING IT IS HALF AS WEAK AS SNORTING AND SNORTING IS HALF AS A WEEK AS POKING WITH AND I.V. Needle and Syring Unlike Hydrocodone which I THINK IS PRESCRIBED IN CANADA BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT EXCEPT PEOPLE I KNOW FROM BUFFALO NEW YORK THAT COME ACCROSS THE PEACE BRIDGE TO ONTARIO WITH THEIR LEGALLY PRESCRIBED VICODIN MEDS, SADLY I HAVE NEVER EVER Had the Pleasure Of Trying Hydrocodone And Being on 90MG Methadone I'd have to be in like 7 Days of Full oN methadone Cold Turkey withdrawal and like a FUCKING GRAM OR TWO of Cold Water Extracted Hydrocodone for a Buzz or Even just to make Me NOT Sick.

Point is I take Shit Like Valerian Root Which is where the Brand Name Valium was Made By Inspiration And they been using Valerian For Anything From Muscle Aches because it is Technically A VERY WEAK Painkiller lol. But it for GREAT For Sleep and Anxiety Since the Fucking Egyptian Pyramid Era About 4000-5000 Years If I Am Correct And Not Mistaken BUT! They Created Valium An Attempted Perfume Making Of Chlorahydrate Or SO the ORIGINAL Benzo was then valium Derived From it and ALL PRESCRIPTIONS BENZOS OR MOST OF THEM COME FROM THE SAME METABOLITES ISOLATED AND INDIVIDUALIZE From Valium which is basically Like Moe then 3 Different Benzodiazepines Effecting you that I know is Nordiazepam (Valium) Temazepam And Oxazepam.

I have never known someone who OD'd...so maybe thats why i'm not as cautious..but in all honesty I really can't see how a housewife can die from ingesting a couple mg's of xanax with a tylenol 3...DUDE, if that is true I wanna see the tox report.

The first time I experienced xanax was 2 mg bar alongside 10 mg hydrocodone, 30 mg amphetamine salts, and about 200 ml of vodka....I was blitzed!!..having no tolerance and all, but partied hard that night...ended up naked in the chicks car..the one who gave me the pills! Haha boy was I a fool, didn't think twice when I popped that combo...and she was a pharmacist too, so she should of known better ! Slept for about 16 hours and woke up sort of confused...but i was OK. I mean I don't suggest anyone does this...but it was probably one of the best highs of my life, although I can't remember most of it haha.

Anyhow, I have mixed 30 mg temazepam with low dose opioids many times...and I never take more than 1 mg clonazepam or 1 mg alprazolam with opioids. As a rule I also never take more than 10 mg diazepam with any opioid. Lorazepam never more than 1 mg either, but I have used up to 4 mg with opioids (usually just 10 mg oxycodone or 120 mg codeine is nice!
But I think the best combo is 30 mg temazepam alongside some first-gen antihistamine and smoked H on foil. Nice combo, very dreamy. Also nice to add some T3's to the mix...that caffeine will keep you awake.

But yes..in the end benzodiazepines aren't as safe as the medical community claims/claimed them to be...since they basically replaced barbituates. I mean it's much easier to OD on barbs than benzos, you can take a shitload of benzos as long as you don't mix anything with it you just go into a deep sleep but end up OK.

Seems like as soon as you add anything into the mix, things can get way out of control....and you don't even need to mix shit for benzos to get out of control! So yeah not a good idea when we are talking about chunky benzo doses...just keep the dose low as possible, it's all about that synergy.

Last edited:
Yes..I did too much...slightly too much. I was able to handle 8mgs of xanax and 40mg of opana np and then I did 13mg of xanax and a 40mg...and yeah..woke up in hospital with a doctor looking at me amazed I was alive.

Mixing two CND is dangerous. I've done too without oding but it increases your chances alot...it's like drunk driving...sure most of the time you won't have a problem...but it's dangerous.

Well, sure, when you take enough Xanax to kill a miniature pony alone, and then decide it's ok to throw 40mg of oxmymorphone on top, bad things are going to happen.

But I can tell by context that op isn't stupid enough to take THAT much Xanax in one dose...Opana sure, 40mg of that wouldn't hurt a baby, but why anybody would take it with/after 13mg of Xanax is....one of those scenarios where I can't for the life of me imagine what was going through that persons head TBH.

What i'm saying that is, as long as you have better sense than 80mg here^, mixing Benzos and opiates is relatively safe, and employed by probably every doctor in the US of A.

Just like weighing things on manual scales..would you put a a gold ingot on one side and a gram of weed on the other??
You decide.....

Basically as long as you aren't half retarted and keep your doses of each below; Equivalent of 50mg morphine with no tolerance, & Equivalent of 1mg of Xanax.

I mean is 1mg of Xanax not enough for anybody here? Geez sleep late much folks?

P.S.i'm surprised..nay disbelieved that anybody who chooses to dose 13mg of Xanax at once has any kind of human intellegince enough for anything except mere survival..

Thanks, Methacodone. You're totally right about the importance of research.

Cheers.

As is the case with most things in life: moderation is the key. Obviously you do have to be careful combining downers, but the risks are greatly overexaggerated.

I have had some fun taking 120-150mg codeine with 10-20mg Valium and washing it down with a beer. They enhance the euphoric effects of one another, and benzos have the added benefit of having antiemetic qualities.
From a neurological point of view, it's way less harmful/dangerous than stimulant use.

The thing is its too easy to over do it, it's a fine line. Couple days ago I took my 80mg of dilaudid with my 30mgs of Valium. Friends came over later with beers so had about 5-6 of those too. Then before bed decided 15mg of zopiclone would be great. Very close to a hospital visit or worse that night if not for the Ole lady waking me up that night. Scary shit man. Just please be careful

Well that question is dependent on a lot of variables, including whether you are dependent on either of those drugs. I am benzo dependent, I've never had a problem taking my oxy with them, but I never take more than 10 mg at a time of it. In my case it poses no threat whatsoever since I am highly benzo tolerant and 10mg of oxycodone is a pretty low dose. Now for a high dose of opioid, or an IV or something like that, you definitely don't want to fuck around with benzos at the same time.

The thing is its too easy to over do it, it's a fine line. Couple days ago I took my 80mg of dilaudid with my 30mgs of Valium. Friends came over later with beers so had about 5-6 of those too. Then before bed decided 15mg of zopiclone would be great. Very close to a hospital visit or worse that night if not for the Ole lady waking me up that night. Scary shit man. Just please be careful
Easy to overdo it? Dude you took 80MG OF DILAUDID. WTF???
30mg Valium is a pretty high dose.
All that along with 15mg zopiclone and 5 or 6 beers is NOT what I meant by moderation. This is ridiculous.

I gotta ask, are we talking taking the 2 at the same exact time? if not , how long after a dose of IR percocet will it be safe for a dose of benzo's?

I gotta ask, are we talking taking the 2 at the same exact time? if not , how long after a dose of IR percocet will it be safe for a dose of benzo's?
It all depends on how much you're taking. There's no reason you couldn't take a healthy dose of each one at the same time and even wash it down with a beer or two.

In clinical settings, opiates are VERY often administered in combination with other CNS depressants (including benzodiazepines). Hell, I woke up in the hospital one time high as fuck on fentanyl not even two hours after they'd knocked my ass out with IV propofol (which is epically powerful and dangerous shit on its own). Naturally my pulse, BP and breathing were a bit slower than normal but nothing out of the ordinary.

The dangers of combining downers are overexeggerated and somewhat outdated. It was certainly very dangerous back in the days of GHB, barbiturates and quaaludes but modern sedatives e.g. benzos and z-drugs are FAR safer.

I believe the main reason benzos and opiates are contraindicated is because of the high abuse potential of this combination (as I said, they greatly amplify the euphoric effects of one another).
It is perfectly safe to do provided you respect your body and you don't get reckless with it; like the guy I quoted who said he took 80mg hydromorphone with 30mg Valium, 15mg Zopiclone and a load of beer. This is just asking for trouble.