• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Benzo's and opiates - Really that dangerous?

^ Lol yeah that was funny...not quite sure how he made a connection between Valium...Egypt...& Chloral Hydrate.

I'm addicted to both so I guess I can comment.

First of all it definitely increases the danger of respiratory depression.

Secondly, whether or not the combo is pleasurable depends on the benzo in my experience. The only one that enhances it is etizolam for me.

Usually 12.5mg oxycodone would have me flying, but today I took it, not really paying attention that I had taken 30mg diazepam earlier in the day (in attempt to hold off on the opiates because my tolerance is skyrocketing). I proceeded to nod, and there wasn't any euphoria. Just a little anxiety about noticeable respiratory depression, I was pretty much knocked out for a while, close to sleeping in the middle of the day.

Then later on the benzos wore off a bit and I got the usual energy and euphoria, took another perc and I'm feeling great now. Gotta watch out even at these low-ish doses, it's definitely dangerous.

Something like morphine is so sedating I don't even feel need to take my usual benzos and completely forget about them until afterwards.

rave.....

12.5mg of oxy gets you flying? Damn, I wish my tolerance was that low. I'm also currently addicted to both (benzos and opiates)
I'm in 80mg methadone daily, and im tapering off of valium and Xanax with klonopin.
My taper schedule is half a mg every 2 weeks. I started on 6mg/day, its been about 2 1/2 weeks now, so my current dose daily of klonopin as of now is 5 1/2mg (I get the 1mg pills, easy to cut in half and make it 1/2 a mg).

But yeah, before methadone, I was on hydrocodone for 2 years using between 80-140mg daily. Then I moved on to oxycodone for 3 years, using between 120-200mg daily, as I was getting close to losing everything, and oxy is super expensive, I moved on to smoking black tar heroin for a year, now the last 2+ years ive been on methadone. That 9 years of experience from hardcore opiates.

My benzo tolerance isn't nearly as big as my opiate one, back in my opiate days I would use a benzo literally once every 2-4 months.
But when I got on methadone, and a year and a half later, I was thinking to myself am I gonna be on this shit forever? That's when MAJOR depression hit me, and my anxiety actually sky rocketed, so high.
I was so sick I went to the ER. (Reasons: Depression, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, de-hydrated from vomiting)

My Doctor ordered me the following drugs for that horrific day:

Morphine (For pain, and didn't have time to go take my daily dose of 'done)
Ativan (For anxiety, depression)
Promethazine (For nausea and vomiting)
Water (of course the immediately put the needle in my arm to IV my body some water, I was super dehydrated)

But the combo of meds, not only did my sickness go away, I had a kick ass high.
I never IV drugs, the only times are in the ER. and that was the best shot ive had. It was super euphoric.

Than as my depression and anxiety were not going away, I started using benzos daily the last 7 months. (Xanax, 6-10mg/daily) OR (Valium, 80-120mg/daily)

I was thinking to myself, wait, im already an opiate addict on methadone, I don't want to become a benzo addict either.
So I immediately set an appointment with my doctor/phyciatrist, thank god someone called out a day the week I called, or I would've had to wait at least 2 months, TOO LONG.
So I go in and see my doctor, told her my problem, I said I want off all medications including methadone and benzos. She was real happy cuz I was super committed on getting off.
She told me go step by step, your benzo tolerance isn't TOO high (7 months), but still high enough to cause a seizure if stopping cold turkey on the current doses I was on.
So my doctor RX'd me Clonazepam to taper off Diazepam and Alprazolam. So far its been working wonders.

It depends what I mean by flying off 12.5mg oxy, that's a pretty subjective term right? But I think you know what I mean: euphoria, intense focus and energy, increased confidence, just an overall intense body high, increased creativity/enhanced thought processes, the extreme pain in my spine vanishes for a good few hours (the reason I got on this stuff). I don't want to nod off or anything like that. My tolerance will rise like everyone else just the same, but I try to at least moderate my chronic use a little bit. Being in pain really sucks though.

Good luck with your taper mate! I used to use around 15mg of xanax a day at one point. I'm down to 30 mg of diazepam a day (or an equivalent of some other benzo). Not ready to get off them though. I'm really stressed, I just got into a pain clinic and got my MRI so I'm going to find out what's wrong with me, if they can treat my pain. If my pain healed, I'd get off both of these drugs. My benzo tolerance is lowering, and my opiate tolerance is increasing. I'm sure you can finish your taper, sounds like you have a decent doc as well.

I expect that long-term I will require just the opiates, I'm sure I'll kick benzos at some point, but after being in chronic back pain for 3 years I start to lose hope, and I'm bedridden without opiates.

At least you never IV'd? I think it really changes a lot if you start messing around with your veins. Especially with OD risk and tolerance. I know people always say this but that's something I would never try. Seeing track marks is enough to scare me away.

IMO Valium is the worst benzo to combine with opiates...especially oxycodone. I have yet to find a drug that goes well with oxycodone aside from tobacco. The oxycodone high by itself is one of the most beautiful yet selfish highs out there...and it doesn't like being tampered with!

On the other hand, temazepam is a slightly different story...It actually mixes quite well with heroin, and has a history of abuse amongst heroin users in the UK. But then again, I have taken temazepam in combination with oxycodone, and it ruins the experience IMO. But with smoked H it really adds a nice touch to the high, and you nod out harder.

PS - 30 mg of Valium is quite a lot, was that dose spread out or do you have a tolerance to benzodiazepines?

I'm addicted to both so I guess I can comment.

First of all it definitely increases the danger of respiratory depression.

Secondly, whether or not the combo is pleasurable depends on the benzo in my experience. The only one that enhances it is etizolam for me.

Usually 12.5mg oxycodone would have me flying, but today I took it, not really paying attention that I had taken 30mg diazepam earlier in the day (in attempt to hold off on the opiates because my tolerance is skyrocketing). I proceeded to nod, and there wasn't any euphoria. Just a little anxiety about noticeable respiratory depression, I was pretty much knocked out for a while, close to sleeping in the middle of the day.

Then later on the benzos wore off a bit and I got the usual energy and euphoria, took another perc and I'm feeling great now. Gotta watch out even at these low-ish doses, it's definitely dangerous.

Something like morphine is so sedating I don't even feel need to take my usual benzos and completely forget about them until afterwards.

supeudol sundays-

I agree on the part where you said Valium is the worst benzo to combine with opiates.

Back In my illicit drug use (before methadone) I LOVED using Xanax with my hydrocodone or oxycodone, man, it intensifies your opiate by like 10X imo.

Xanax is by far the best benzo to combine with opiates, as it almost hits you instantly, and its strength is stronger than most benzos.

The best high I got in my life time, (not including my 1st mdma experience)-

45mg oxycodone (3 15mg Roxy's oral)
30mg hydrocodone (3 10mg norcos, oral)
15mg morphine sulfate (1 15mg pill, plugged)
2mg alprazolam (1 2mg bar, oral)
50mg promethazine (2 25mg pills, oral)

Man, what a combination it was!!!!!!!! SUPER EUPHORIC. (PLEASE NOTE: I had a VERY high tolerance to opiates at the time, this combo is deadly with no tolerance)

supeudol sundays-

I agree on the part where you said Valium is the worst benzo to combine with opiates.

Back In my illicit drug use (before methadone) I LOVED using Xanax with my hydrocodone or oxycodone, man, it intensifies your opiate by like 10X imo.

Xanax is by far the best benzo to combine with opiates, as it almost hits you instantly, and its strength is stronger than most benzos.

The best high I got in my life time, (not including my 1st mdma experience)-

45mg oxycodone (3 15mg Roxy's oral)
30mg hydrocodone (3 10mg norcos, oral)
15mg morphine sulfate (1 15mg pill, plugged)
2mg alprazolam (1 2mg bar, oral)
50mg promethazine (2 25mg pills, oral)

Man, what a combination it was!!!!!!!! SUPER EUPHORIC. (PLEASE NOTE: I had a VERY high tolerance to opiates at the time, this combo is deadly with no tolerance)

You are aware that adding a tiny disclaimer about tolerance, literally a sentence below a hyperbolic description of BZD/Mu combos as, and I quote, "SUPER EUPHORIC", does nothing to reduce harm.

A lurker, lacking your 'VERY high tolerance', reads your post and ingests the combo, 'cause who doesn't want 'SUPER EUPHORIC'?!

We, the BL community, are not here to brag about the best/toxic cocktails - some don't get so lucky.
Hell - I'd be in The Shrine without the paramedics ( <3 ) who found me, facedown in the gutter, in respiratory arrest following use of an exotic PPD-opioid and Diclazepam.

I´m sorry to hear that:\
Why do you keep putting yourself in danger. If you´ve gone through all of this and continue doing so much Fentanyl that´s not gonna be good.
I deeply suggest that you change it to methadone and avoid the immediate risk you´ve gone through everyday..
I know you feel fine about that, but that is the tolerance speaking louder than your body..

I´m sorry to hear that:\
Why do you keep putting yourself in danger. If you´ve gone through all of this and continue doing so much Fentanyl that´s not gonna be good.
I deeply suggest that you change it to methadone and avoid the immediate risk you´ve gone through everyday..
I know you feel fine about that, but that is the tolerance speaking louder than your body..

Erik, your words mean a lot, but the OD was last year, a period of time I tend not to explore over BL.

I actually attempted to get on an ORT programme, full disclosure, the works. I got given 42mg Librium and told to CT from PT (at ~120mg Morph), and 《8mg Diclazepam daily.

My legit pain script cut off, addiction on my records and a chance of working in my field approaching 0.001%.

I was comatose for several days this weekend, and died for a short while. I had taken 13mg Alprazolam (don't know why so much, but after the first one I apparantly just said f it) and maybe 400mg codeine, so yes I would say it's dangerous. I have combined both hundreds of times before, but this time something just clicked and I took way too much of both, and I should be dead now. I don't think you can realistically control what you take of these substances - you tell yourself that you are in control, but really it just takes 1 time where you are not. Just my 2 cents

It all depends on the amount of each and your tolerance , not so much the "combo"

I did'n't read the entire thread but YES. It is very dangerous, and this is coming from someone who pushes the limits on EVERYTHING. The only two times I overdosed was when I was shooting heroin and still had a moderate benzo tolerance (I believe 4mg-6mg). I was literally blue both time when I was found and close to death. The second time I needed the Shockers (those things they place on your chest to bring you back to life. It is a HIGHLY dangerous mix, but with that said, a great high ::sigh::

The only other drug I would say is more dangerous is GBL. I literal DROP (1mL) can mean the difference between you dancing your ass off and having great sex, and passing out in a public place like a restaurant, gym, etc (all happened to me before). GBL is one drug I will never touch again, and after years of car accidents, pysical altercations, etc. as a results of my GBL use (it's the one drug I can say with certainty I will never do again. Oddly enough, when doing a steroid deal this weekend, I was offered some and turned it down (not to mentioned I was already on 20mg of xanax).

Christ I am a mess....

It's Scary because Stories of the Average House Wife that Swllows a fucking SMALLEST DOSE OF XANAX 0.25MG Pill While Reading A Book On the Couch Sipping on One Cup Of One Or if you wanna Replace the Cup Of Wine with ONE TYLENOL 3 For Arthritis Pain Fuck even a Tylenol 1 Plus the 0.25mg Xanax and then READING A BOOK AND FALLING ASLEEP WHICH ALSO SLOWS YOUR HEART RATE IT IS PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE AND THE PEOPLE WHO KICK DEATH IN THE BALLS AND SURVIVE FEEEL GREAT AND LIKE IT IS HARMLESS WHEN IN REALITY YOU SHOULD FEEEL LUCKY AS FUCK BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO DID WIN THIS GAME OF RUSSIAN ROULETTE Medication Combination Equals Death And Front Page Newspaper Shit About How Bad ALL DRUGS ARE!

To be Honest if your Life is Shit from Insomnia Like Me fuck it i'd rather Die in my Sleep painlessly or most likely WAKE UP REFRESHED FROM ALL THE TEMEAAZEPAM I TOOK AND MY 90MG METHADONE IN THE MORNING OR SOMETMES BEFORE I WAS ON METHADONE OR WHEN I SKIP A DOSE I USE 15MG HYDROMORPHONE Insufflated Not WEAK ASS VICODIN HYDROCODONE DILAUDID HYDROMORPHONE EATING IT IS HALF AS WEAK AS SNORTING AND SNORTING IS HALF AS A WEEK AS POKING WITH AND I.V. Needle and Syring Unlike Hydrocodone which I THINK IS PRESCRIBED IN CANADA BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT EXCEPT PEOPLE I KNOW FROM BUFFALO NEW YORK THAT COME ACCROSS THE PEACE BRIDGE TO ONTARIO WITH THEIR LEGALLY PRESCRIBED VICODIN MEDS, SADLY I HAVE NEVER EVER Had the Pleasure Of Trying Hydrocodone And Being on 90MG Methadone I'd have to be in like 7 Days of Full oN methadone Cold Turkey withdrawal and like a FUCKING GRAM OR TWO of Cold Water Extracted Hydrocodone for a Buzz or Even just to make Me NOT Sick.

Point is I take Shit Like Valerian Root Which is where the Brand Name Valium was Made By Inspiration And they been using Valerian For Anything From Muscle Aches because it is Technically A VERY WEAK Painkiller lol. But it for GREAT For Sleep and Anxiety Since the Fucking Egyptian Pyramid Era About 4000-5000 Years If I Am Correct And Not Mistaken BUT! They Created Valium An Attempted Perfume Making Of Chlorahydrate Or SO the ORIGINAL Benzo was then valium Derived From it and ALL PRESCRIPTIONS BENZOS OR MOST OF THEM COME FROM THE SAME METABOLITES ISOLATED AND INDIVIDUALIZE From Valium which is basically Like Moe then 3 Different Benzodiazepines Effecting you that I know is Nordiazepam (Valium) Temazepam And Oxazepam.
Quoted for hilariousness

I literal DROP (1mL) can mean the difference
1 drop of h2o ~= 50uL water. I'd expect GBL to be a tad more than 50uL per drop though, but surely not 1mL.

4 out of the 5 times ive overdosed have involved Benzo's, namely Xanax. Some of those times I think I must have had a deathwish like the time I had about 12 2mg Xanax bars and injected 1/2g of heroin that was meant for me AND a friend, I was luckily found by someone and ended up coming to in an ambulance, after getting to the hospital I ended up flipping out and apparently assaulting doctors, nurses and 2 security guards(Which I feel terrible about.....In my mind I barged through them but I was told that I was actually quite violent. By the time I got to the bus stop I was overdosing again because the Narcan only lasts about 2 hours! I got home and there were half Xanax pills all over my bedroom floor which I have no recollection of splitting or having. My friend and my mother had absolutely no idea what had happened they just thought I took a long time) other times I had next to no benzo's still affecting me noticeably and dropped.

Only once have I overdosed without any benzos in my body but that was also the only time I overdosed while not having any tolerance at all(even a little bit of a tolerance makes opiates, especially IV heroin much safer! My tolerance has usually come from being on either suboxone or methadone but smaller doses so I didn't need to worry about breaking through my dose) That was also the worst OD though I think, at least psychologically it was much worse and not just for me but my mother and I think moreso her actually which brings the guilt back to me. I had been of suboxone for about 6 weeks, had already began using around 100mg of heroin a day, if I did 2x 100mg it was after the first shot had significantly worn off. This time I had been up on meth all night so I thought that if I used the normal amount of heroin that id use that I wouldn't feel it as much because of the lingering stimulation so I mixed up 200mg in one syringe.

Normally id have the shot on my way home in the bush trails or somewhere with privacy but for some reason this time I waited until I was home. Little did I know that going home is what saved my life. I had the shot and don't remember anything after that until I woke up with my mum pulling away from giving me mouth-to-mouth & CPR(she's a nurse thank god!). I immediately freaked out and started crying and apologising. It was the most terrifying thing ive ever been through in my whole life but im grateful it happened and that I lived through it because I am never complacent with opiates especially anymore. The ambulance got there not long after and I went to hospital completely willingly.

What happened was that I didn't have a phone at that time but needed one to stay in contact with the dealer so I borrowed my mothers phone. Well she uses this phone as an alarm to wake her up when she does night duty. So the only reason im alive today was because she had to come downstairs to get the phone off me and found me on the floor, blue, not breathing and very close to dead. This event has scarred my mother emotionally and psychologically and I feel like the biggest piece of shit there is. It was incredibly confronting for me for a long time too and still is somewhat(though I definitely recognise the significance of this event) I just wish that I never had to hurt my mother like that but if she wasn't at home, if I hadn't borrowed her phone, if I had have had the shot on my way home instead of having it at home I would be dead right now. So I now feel that life is incredibly precious, id never mix Benzo's and opiates unless id had all my opiates, they'd taken full effect and I still wasn't near as high as I wanted to be. But if I was a little bit high id just go with that and wouldn't risk it. I feel like I have unfinished business on this planet, in this lifetime and that's why ive been rejected from the other side so many times but I couldn't bring myself to risk it again because they just might let me in next time if I overdosed again and im not finished living yet im only 24!

I just took a 10 mg Valium an a 30 mg morphine slow release is that bad sure I don't due that any more?

I can't take benzos..they make me hateful as hell.

However, I've lost several friends to OD in the past few years, two since summer, and all BENZOs in their system on toxicology reports.

I think the reason it's so dangerous is because of CNS but like someone mentioned, benzos kinda mess up the oxy/hydro buzz, causing you to redose. (saying in some cases, not all)

Mixing alcohol, benzos and opiates is a death wish, period.

In most cases, people can't just limit themselves to 1mg or lower, they have to seek obvlivion.
How does something that relaxes make u angry ?

Well I take opiates/benzos/stimulants/booze all the time at least 100+ times and im alive, but YMMV.

it really all depends on your bodies makeup. some people could die the first time they do opiates/benzos, not to scare you, Im certain youll be fine just dont make it a habit.

its not that dangerous if you keep both substances low. and dont add alcohol.

Last edited: