• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium, etc.) and Ecstasy (mega-merged)

Taking a stimulant with a depressant sounds like a stupendously bad thing to do. I'd advise your friend not to try that again no matter what tolerence he's got because those combos are dangerous and ?partially neurotoxic.

xanax and mdma neurotoxic ? perhaps mdma alone is neurotoxic, but theres nothing about the combination that makes it more neurotoxic than mdma alone. depressant and stimulant combos are not good for you, its true.

to answer the question. no its unlikely that the xanax and mdma combined would have made him go insane. although that is a relativly high dosage of xanax, like you said if he had a tolerance then it wouldnt have affected him much.

another thought. perhaps he was just faking being all fucked up to try and score with you??

The Xanax should have little effect except to mute the high from MDMA.
He was acting like a fuckin' idiot because he was loaded on Xanax :p

clip' said:
xanax and mdma neurotoxic ? perhaps mdma alone is neurotoxic, but theres nothing about the combination that makes it more neurotoxic than mdma alone. depressant and stimulant combos are not good for you, its true.

to answer the question. no its unlikely that the xanax and mdma combined would have made him go insane. although that is a relativly high dosage of xanax, like you said if he had a tolerance then it wouldnt have affected him much.

another thought. perhaps he was just faking being all fucked up to try and score with you??

Exactly! MDMA alone is neurotoxic..

And MDMA alone in a good dose (considering tollerance per person using it) should be enough, period!

Benzodiazepines should have no ill effects when combined with most stimulants and psychedelics (most psychedelics, I know there have been reports of certain benzos causing an increase in psychedelic effects with certain drugs) -- in fact, I would think they can only really be beneficial in proper dosages if, for instance, someone is having an anxiety attack. I mean, people have advised in the past to take a small dose of a benzodiazepine with MDMA if it has a tendency to cause too much anxiety on its own.

It seems to have been popularized in pop culture that stimulants and depressants will "stress your heart", etc. etc., but really, is there any truth to this? Most benzos and most stimulants seem perfectly agreeable with each other for most people.

^^ Which Benzo would that be then? Hypnotics maybe?

Taking stimulants with depressants I'd hazard a guess is risky because a user may be inclined to redose the stim due to the perceived muting caused by the benzo.

MrMoss said:
^^ Which Benzo would that be then? Hypnotics maybe?

I can't remember exactly -- possibly lorazepam and a certain phenethylamine, I can't recall, although I seem to remember Bilzor talking about it at one point or another. I was hoping someone could fill in on that.

MrMoss said:
Taking stimulants with depressants I'd hazard a guess is risky because a user may be inclined to redose the stim due to the perceived muting caused by the benzo.

That's what I was thinking was the main issue.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I really appreicate people looking into stuff which is why Bluelight is so awesome! I just wanna say one thing.

Exact same thing happend again last nite...
Only a different person.
WTF.
:-O

This time the guy had a PRESCRIPTION for xanax and only take 1mg twice a day! He took his about 3 hours before rolling. He only ate ONE pill and was seriously falling out of reality. These people are not morons and dont do this kinda thing ever. Im realy baffled still. Anyone treid these White Waving Men ? Bic men perhaps ? Some even say energizer bunny.

Pills have been tested PLUS from my own (and many others) experience they are very very clean. Still trying to figure this out!

theres a whole lot of different factors which influence the effect mdma has on a person. chances are that it was just a bunch of things that occured at that particular time which made him roll really hard.

i've done xanax/molly at the same time before... i would stay everything was about the same to me atleast the xtc over powers the benzo

i have taken 'ecstacy' pills while under the influence of alprazolam
my experienced was definetely not muted
although i dont remember much of it
and i dont remember if i was talking to trees
but my friends say that i was completely out of it (they were suprised because they didn't know i had taken xanax)
doing alot of dumb shit u dont do while your just rolling
i know this isn't your question, but i would save the xanax for after rolling to help get some sleep
i prefer 'ecstacy' alone

edit: and for the record, will a mod/admin please confirm this: aplrazolam (xanax) is not a depressant...i know it is not a stimulant,but that doesn't automatically make it a depressant...alprazolam is anit-anxiety medication

Last edited:
when you're in a hypnogogic state (between consciousness and sleep) you mumble things and you see things. it's possible that the sedatitive effects of the xanax in combination with a good dose of MDMA (or even MDA) pushed him into this dreamlike state.

tell your friends to stop combining MDMA and xanax and save it for the comedown.

Alprazolam (Xanax) is a pharmaceutical sedative and CNS depressant which acts on the GABA receptor system. Alprazolam is widely prescribed in the U.S. for anxiety disorder, panic attacks, sleeplessness, and sometimes for short-term relief of extreme stress. It is classified as a benzodiazepine.

erowid.org

Quick question

I just popped 5 pills this afternoon (half speed half smack/ my usual amount of e) . I'm on lexapro. I just need to know if its safe now if I take a few xanaxs. or would stillnox be a better choice?

You popped ecstasy pills, right? Heroin and other opiates are virtually never found in ecstasy because it would be more profitable to sell them as what they are. However, speed is a common adulterant in ecstasy.

As long as you didn't take any opiates, the worst that could happen if you pop a few xanax is passing out.

Also, it's a waste of ecstasy for you to try to roll while on Lexapro, because it's an SSRI and blocks ecstasy from getting to the molecular site in the brain where it works. Please look at the MDMA and Antidepressants thread which is stickied at the top of this forum.

Your usual amount of E?

Half-speed, half-smack? Since when was that ecstasy... and since when did that mix exist ?

Since when can you have to halfs and then some? I could have sworn 1/2 + 1/2 =1 whole. You really need to do some reading up on MDMA and MDMA combinations that you shouldn't mix.

chickenbone said:
i guess people call it different things..around here,(Florida) talking salad is a term when sombody is rolling so hard they start talking about stuff thats not there..people that aren't there. things of this nature..the hallucation part of rolling. I get it somewhat when just rolling...but when I mix with xanax or acid or somthing i am like living in a different world. I have been caught talking to lamps and stuff...the people I am partying with ask me to come back into another part of the house and I'm like why? the party's in here man..:)
haha, i think i can relate to that last bit (although not from taking benzos)

i got some 5mg valium tabs. couldn't believe how cheap they were. AU$13 for 50 of them (medicare)
certainly a lot better than my 20mg cipramol/ciazil that i take each morning $30 for 28

havn't tried any valium yet. im gonna test half of one tomorrow at uni.
it's for public speaking. im also gonna have about 40mg of Inderal (cipramol) during the speech.

do you guys think half will help calm my nerves? the inderal helps control my adrenaline

^ you may want to check out Other Drugs as that is were benzo discussion mostly takes place. this thread is for MDMA and benzo discussion so i don't think you'll find too much info on diazepam itself.

type "diazepam" or "valium" into the search field, select Other Drugs/archive, basic drug discussion/archive and select "view as posts" and see what you find :)

i was with someone who did really good pills and 2 mg of xanax and it completely cancelled the pills out.
im not saying this WILL happen, but xanax decreases rolling if you take them at the same time. and in my friends case, cancelled the roll out all together.
And i know it wasnt the rolls cause i had less rolls than him and no xanax and i rolled extremely hard.

mdma and benzos (klonopin).. kills roll?

hmm last night me and my friends all rolled on some [edit - pills].. i took .25mg of klonopin like 3 hours prior.. i was kinda jittery

according to pillreports.. they are suppose to be great.. my friend she dropped one and was up in the sky.. rolling so hard..

and me.. i didnt even feel anything until an hour later.. i took another and it hit me.. rolled pretty good.. but not any where as hard as the others..

we have same tolerance.. we've been away from e for about 2 years and started to roll about 3 weeks ago once every weekend..

does the klonopin/benzos inhibite the effects of ecstasy to some degree?? :\

[edit: Hi, no specific pill discussion in here, please - Simon :)]

Last edited by a moderator: