• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium, etc.) and Ecstasy (mega-merged)

i think doing any type of prescription pill while rolling is a bad idea because valium is a downer, and MDMA is an upper, which would cause the drugs to counteract and cause a bad roll. the best time to take valium would be after you are done rolling, i took a 250 mg percocet and a soma after i came off a phenominal roll and felt dank.:)

snapsy said:
Nar its SSRI's that mute the effects of ecstacy.

Yeah, that's correct, but there seems to be good anecdotal evidence (at the least) that benzos do as well.

absent minded: if I was having panic attacks while rolling, I probably would stop rolling. Just my preference, though. Bear in mind that most of us don't have panic attacks, so we don't have any need to mix valium and MDMA :)

People posting off-topic nonsense: please stop, I'm just going to delete the posts, and I can do that faster than you can type. TIA :)

Benzo class drugs increase the amount of a chemical called GABA in the body. This chemical is responsible for sedation (generally speaking).

When you have a Panic Attack from stimulants they treat you with Benzos (unless you're having a psychotic episode). The Benzo takes the edge off (anxiety, panic, etc).

What I'm saying is, a Benzo is good if you're the anxious type and you wanna take a stimulant. I take like 0.5mg of Xanax when I roll and it helps big time with the anxiety.

If you take 1mg+ of Xanax when you roll you will most likely have a shitty roll because the sedation caused by the Xanax will overpower the stimulation caused by the MDMA (or whatever other crap is in your pills).

So is it a safe combo? Yes absolutely. Xanax plays with the GABA neurotransmitter (it doesn't have a diuretic effect like Alcohol meaning you will not add to the dehydration caused by the stimulant you're taking). MDMA / Meth / Coke play with Dopamine, Serotonin and Norepinephrine (all stimulant neurotransmitters).

One last thing, I know you asked about Valium (Diazepam). It's got a 2-4 day half life. Xanax (Alprazolam) has a 6-12 hour half life. Consider taking Xanax instead. They both work the same though.

Last edited:
X wit xanax

I know alot about pills, & sh!t but not that much bout x I know it contains a few highs in 1 I wanna know iz it true can u take a xanax when coming down & it will help u sleep after rolling whats good is it true? ASAP please....

Yes; benzos are great for stimulant comedowns. I enjoy taking mine right as I start to comedown (along with a few hits of marijuana)... it transitions smoothly from one experience to the next.

im on xanax....i took 0.5mg's 6hrs before i got to the party as normal for anxiety....then before i dropped i smoked a couple of cigarettes...nicotine or something in the cigarettes drops your xanax level down by 50%...so by that point i had like .25mg's in me...i had a good roll =D

oh and i took 1mg...like 6 hours after i dropped with a couple of shots....AWESOME TRANSITION!!!! no comedown...nuthin ;)

i like xanex after when ive come down alot, and after a couple bowls but i dont think i would ever take it or valium or anything else before. i had a friend who took like 2 bars and we wered rinkin and we took the beans like a couple hours after he took the bars and he said his roll was complete shit. mine wasnt that good either but i was really drunk at that point and so i donno

but he took alot more than i did also, i took only 1 1/2 and he took like 3.

i tihnk it comes down to a question of are you or aren't you a panicky type of person. like eprsonally im pretty laid back , not really nervous or w/e and so i dont realy like the calming effects of bars, but if you are pron to hyperactivity or panicky feelings, xanax certainly can increase the pleasure of you ecstasy experience.

chills me out when im commin down tho, i think even prolongs the roll but as a super mellow feeling of wellbeing, until you drift off into blissful sleep

mmmmmm

if I have an "extended release" xanax... will i enjoy it more if i cut it up?

You know... I've found that taking a Xanax right after dropping a pill (5-10 minutes after) actually kicks my roll in harder and lets me roll all night on as many pills as I want with no anxiety or panic attacks (both of which I'm very prone to with MDMA).

I find it great for the comedown too.

I have no experience with other benzos though so YMMV.