• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric [Bad Trip Subthread] How Do You Define "Bad Trip"?

When i suffered severe depersonalization
i didnt know who i was...male/female
and i thought this was going to last forever
threw up 4 times (yayyy)
woke up to clean it the next morning..still buzzin'
dont underestimate weed :l

When I was in my late 'teens' a bad trip would be someone wanting to join in the group (example) Liberty Caps who thinks he knows it all -
but doesnt understand his ass, from a hole in the ground...even when I tried extra hard to explain how the psilocybin unlocks thoughts of perception, present & past...
And all he wants is "another rack of beer" & "some bud would make the high so much better" and doesnt even realize the harder he is tripping, the louder & more obnoxious he is being...

When i suffered severe depersonalization
i didnt know who i was...male/female
and i thought this was going to last forever
threw up 4 times (yayyy)
woke up to clean it the next morning..still buzzin'
dont underestimate weed :l

You werent tripping...
Stay away from that nasty Indica.
I've been around 100s of people all smoking S. American, high THC sativa when I was younger & not 1 of them "tripped out & thought he was gonna' die"

last time i did acid i had a bad trip.

i have done shrooms and a few 2c-x drugs and have prob had around 15 trips on those....

this was only the third time with lsd tho. i had 2 sugar cubes with what i knew was some very potent acid on it. however i greatly greatly understimated what a high dose acid trip would be like... the first 2 hours were some of the greatest of my life. i hiked into the mountains with my friend and was actually crying because i have never ever seen anything that beautiful before.

everything was going 100% great.... then i took a hit of nitrous. the warm euphoria all of a sudden turned into PHYSICAL PAIN. the trees then turned to spikes and started stabbing me. from then on, the next 2 hours were hell on earth. i finally managed to hike back to my dorm room and quickly downed some percs... after those kicked in i was so numb and dumb the bad trip went away. i woke up the next morning very depressed and confused.

not my idea of a good time.... i learned that day not to underestimate the awesome power of lsd

"not to underestimate the awesome power of "your mind" Sometime, at an earlier moment in time, you already let the "painfull, hell on earth" thoughts in.
The LSD just re-opened those thoughts that you "forgot"

I've always considered bad trips to be a waste of good drugs. I had a few dodgy experiences in the early days but I haven't had anything I'd call a bad trip in years.

A few years back, i did blatently overdo it on MDPV. I guestimated a load of 10-15mg bumps and just generally left them out with a load of friends round on a help yourself but be careful basis. Completely ignoring my own advice I sniffed 8 of these bumps in a period of about 6 hours. Later that evening my body started to become kinda jittery, sorta nervous looking and I pretty much lost much of my ability to speek. This wouldn't normally bother me too much if I was equally wrecked in my head but, although I wouldn't say i was on top form mentally, in my head I was more or less completely straight. Essentially I felt like I was perfectly coherant but I was trapped in a body I had very little real control over and worse still i could barely communicate with anyone. Even when I could manage to just-about explain that my head was pretty normal it came out sounding so forced and wierdly nervous it pretty much appeared to everyone else I was freaking out or something. I wasn't, I was just bored of feeling sober but being stuck in this wired-up, overdosed body.

Worse still, MDPV has this horrible way of supressing ketamine so I couldn't even get myself k-holed and be happy about it all. No, this was just something I was gonna have to sit out, and it lasted for days... I did manage to sleep and the next day i could talk better with it gradually wearing off over the next few days.

Although I would class this as one of my worst ever drug experiences, I'm not sure I'd call it a bad trip. Like I said my head was fine, there was absolutely no freaking, no paranoia no nothing, i knew it would wear off and i knew it was my own fault and i knew that all i could really do was just sit through it however long it took. Really the worst thing was the boredom.

I don't know if someone else in the same situation would have remained so calm-minded, but I've been taking drugs for a long time (about 15 years at the time) and I've just learned to not get freaked by things and to try n laugh off any possible badness. Nevertheless, I haven't touched MDPV since and I wouldn't recommend doing the same thing to anyone else.

That's a good question. I've been thinking about this lately actually. I can only speak personally because everybody's definition of a bad trip is probably different but I've never really had a full out bad trip on anything. I've had unpleasant times, but I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad trip. I think most of the time, those unpleasant moments are important moments and if you can work through them, it can give you so much clarity and healing. One time on LSD, I started to become really, really out of touch with reality and everything around me, and felt slightly like I might even leave my body and that made me a bit panicky but I talked myself through it. That was as close to a bad trip as I think I've gotten. I don't think that unpleasant or 'negative' moments equal a bad trip. It's to be expected that sometimes you'll have shitty moments... your mind is manifesting itself in front of you and sometimes there are things in our consciousness that are difficult to face.

That said though, I've worked sanctuary at quite a few raves and festivals and I've definitely seen people having some shitty ass trips. I think if somebody becomes completely out of touch with reality and everything around them and they're scared and can't get out of it, or panic attacks, or when some people experience severe depression when they trip on MDMA, stuff like that I would definitely classify as a bad trip.