• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric [Bad Trip Subthread] How Do You Define "Bad Trip"?

Matt_Himself

Bluelighter
I basically consider a bad trip when I cannot get my thoughts back on positive and everything seems to take a negative feel to it. Although these experiences can be beneficial they can also be downright frightening...
Im wondering what you all consider a bad trip?

When I am caught in a ten minute hallucination that seems to last for eternity, only to suddenly realize that I am standing in front of my dad muttering nonsense. Then stumbling over words while trying to explain that I need to vomit, and promptly vomiting on him.
That's a bad trip.

Originally posted by Matt_Himself:
I'm wondering what you all consider a bad trip?
Well, my favorite one so far was when I thought Afghanistan was going to bomb the US. Literally at that moment. Mind you, this was after I thought Saturday Night Live was a telethon, so maybe I was a little delirious :)
Now, I always wear a bracelet (who isn't a KandE Kid at heart???) and it reminds me of my link with reality. It's kept me from going off the deep-end a few times.
Just keep telling yourself "there's no way reality would do this to me."

When I am caught in a ten minute hallucination that seems to last for eternity, only to suddenly realize that I am standing in front of my dad muttering nonsense. Then stumbling over words while trying to explain that I need to vomit, and promptly vomiting on him.
ouch, note children doing drugs around your parents isnt a *cool* thing to do!

^^^
Lol, tell me about it.
Please note though, I was 16 and had been using dxm for a year, other drugs even longer.
That type of shit went on ALL the time, just that my parents were more amused than anything.
Except being thrown up on.

Well i took a trip, damn it freaked my mind, i had so much shit running through my head i did not know what to do with myself, i had to go and take a walk at 2 o'clock in the morning to ease my paranoia, i was so freaked, i mean the bathroom scale was breathing, the plants next to the tv where dancing dragons and my body was on fire!! On top of all that i was with someone that wanted to watch the most boring movie in the world - Dances with wolves - damn what a shitty trip.....otherwise day trips are not as intense as night trips, on pills i love the hallucinations, so it all depends!! enjoy though...

I basically consider a bad trip when I cannot get my thoughts back on positive and everything seems to take a negative feel to it. Although these experiences can be beneficial they can also be downright frightening...
Im wondering what you all consider a bad trip?
Yes, just this weekend past i consider what you said a bad trip as that is what i experienced.
I was in perfect control and not freaking out, but was not able to get rid of the negative feelings and random thoughts popping into my head.
I just knew 'damn this trip! damn it! oh well, guess i'll just have to try relax and wait out the trip'
altho i found that light nos hits helped alot in calming me down and blanking my head of thoughts.
:)

There are no "bad" trips. That is, I don't trip for "fun", so I'm not dissapointed when I bring up some negative thoughts while tripping. Just need to work through them. Learn, progress, move on.

Inability to seperate chaos from order.
That said, the overwhelming chaos does nothing but allow me to find better ways out of it.

Inability to seperate chaos from order.
definatly, altho i just couldn'texplore a way out, and i have no idea why apart from the place where i was ( a rave party in the middle of forest near a beach) and there was no normal lighting for a long long way.)
felt as if i had to get away from the darkness.. *shrug* and its all part of using lsd-25 the wonder child.
[ 31 July 2002: Message edited by: DeMenTia02 ]

I dont consider a bad trip negative thoughts and or extreme paranoia, hell I get that atleast for a bit everytime i eat acid.
The only trip I considered "bad" was my first one, which took place at school. Holy shit try sitting through each class (each minute seeming like an eternity) and feeling like all the teachers are staring at you and know your on lsd.
I was only 14 years old, in my freshmen year at highschool, and shit, I was so happy when the final bell rang, and i walked down the shrinking and enlarging hall as fast as I could, only to not be able to comprehend which bus is mine (How was I supposed to know that admins dont real switch bus numbers around to confuse kids tripping on lsd? lol) so i walk over to chick-fil-a and chill with some friends until my sister picks me up. Phew.

I enjoy reading bad trips some of them make me laugh. But the funniest thing was when my mate was wasted on Acid and he spent the whole night chasing a little invisible smurf down the street LOL.

I know someone whos worst 'bad' trip was spent being chased by a lamppost (street-light for those of you on the other side of the atlantic to me)and he ran and he ran for all the hours his acid lasted and he couldn't get away from this lamppost that was evil and hunting him.
Some of you may realise already what was actually happening to him...you have lamp-posts right and they are all in a row down the street equally spaced apart...so every time he looked up what he was ACTUALLY seeing was another lamp-post...but he thought it was the same one!

What do you consider to be a bad trip?

What do you guys consider to be a bad trip? I would always have thought that was more a case of someone kind of "going nuts" (ie.ending in hospital, jail, injured in some way). I mean I've been plenty anxious/frightened on various drugs, but I don't know if I'd call it a 'bad trip' per se. The worst feeling I've ever had was smoking two cones of weed after being off it for about three months . . . I spent three hours shaking, in the grip of the most terrible fear I've ever felt, begging to be taken to hospital (thank god I didn't), absolutely tripping out . . . all from TWO DAMN PIPES!

Anyway, sorry its such a negative topic, but I often read references to people having 'bad trips', what do you feel that means to you? Any 'choice' experiences to be shared?

i don't believe in bad trips, and as a result, i've never had one. i've had plenty of difficult experiences, but i feel that the more difficult an experience is, the more potential there is for learning. it seems like a lot of people go into a trip with the fear of a "bad trip" and their expectations become self-fulfillng prophecies.