• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Anyone else had a codeine addiction?

I'm sorry Evey if it felt like I was having a go at you or being judgemental of the way you're going about your treatment <3
It was purely just a personal opinion - The main thing is if it works for you then that's that :) <3~:)~<3 Love and Luck to you honey

It's ok I wasn't offended. I'm sorry if I cane across moody on some posts lately. I've been stressed out but that's no excuse. I should accept that other people are just giving different opinions n are not attacking me. Anyway hope you've all had a hood Christmas n thanks heaps for all the responses to this thread. It means a lot.

Evey xxxx

Brimz I was not moaning at all. Did you actually read what I wrote? I was complaining that people judge me for my chosen path of recovery n I was asking to speak with like-minded people.

And I'm glad I made this thread as there are people who are alone with codeine and are talking about it here. If they can do that n maybe form friendships then that is good. I don't see a lot of thread around "lighter" drugs/addictions n there are a lot of people who are alone with things n need to talk about them.

Last edited:
No worries mate , jus sayin thre worst things ,well better it depends how you get given yer script to be addicted to

:D

I, myself, feel absoutely nothing other than a histamine release from Codeine/DHC and tbh I'm quite pissed off about that more than anything haha.

A mate of mine can take codeine/DHC and absolutely nod out, I'm sure I'm missing that doo-dah that metabolizes it into morphine - gutted!

The point of it is, addiction is addiction and withdrawl is withdrawl, I'm sure what you're going through is just as bad and doesn't deserve to be underestimated.

Everybody is different, I'm sure being that you feel codeine/DHC more than say I do then you would also get harsh WD's from them too.

Can't understand why people are so judgemental.

Because codeine is a 'weak' opiate therefore people look down on codeine addiction.

Even though its converted to morphine so you are getting hooked to the same stuff as heroin is converted to! Obviously at a much lower amount..... Although with the strength of the gear some people get there may not be much in it!

Because codeine is a 'weak' opiate therefore people look down on codeine addiction.

Even though its converted to morphine so you are getting hooked to the same stuff as heroin is converted to! Obviously at a much lower amount..... Although with the strength of the gear some people get there may not be much in it!

I get where ya coming from man, everybody's different though aren't they.

Honestly, my mate can have 60mg of codeine and get so twatted that I will have had to have mainlined a gram of H to be on the same level ha, even when I had no tolerance it didn't do ANYTHING to me, surely the people that get more from it will feel more WD from it?

What your joking when you say you mainlined a g of heroin with no tolerance.... I take it you are IMO!

Yeah my mate can take 25mg and feel all nice and warm and fuzzy. 60mg and he is fucked! 25mg of DHC and he was fucking nailed! Lucky swine.

Strange surprised DHC didn't work for you, my girlfriend gets fuck all off codeine, but DHC works a blinder for her.

What your joking when you say you mainlined a g of heroin with no tolerance.... I take it you are IMO!

Yeah my mate can take 25mg and feel all nice and warm and fuzzy. 60mg and he is fucked! 25mg of DHC and he was fucking nailed! Lucky swine.

Strange surprised DHC didn't work for you, my girlfriend gets fuck all off codeine, but DHC works a blinder for her.

Sorry, no I didn't IV a G of heroin with no tolerance....I meant that after I had been using for a while but even before I had a tolerance it did nothing for me.

I get quite a bit of Oxy too (know someone close to me with a script for pain) and that doesn't do LOADS to me.

Sadly the only time I can really nod out or get a nice rush is when I IV, but I do try to keep that at a minimum as it's really addictive and quite a destructive ROA - IME.

Last edited:
Histamine rlease till u chucked a couple of them 30mg1ml/-2ml amps in a barrel thats 60mg MOrphine u don't know what histamine hell is .

Lush as fuk once it stops mind jus feels like yer gonna die of histamine 4 5 mins :D

Histamines are a fucking bastard. Made my feet bleed from scratching them once, fecking hell. Prescribed summat for allergies now though which seems to do the job.

Sorry haven't been here in awhile just want to thank everyone for your responses n if this thread has helped anyone else in some way then I'm pleased.
Evey xxxx

Oh god here we go AGAIN! I asked for no judgement n I asked for like minded people. I know the general consensis re bup but as I have been on it for 7 months there is no point saying that to me. As I have already stated that no one knows my story. I did not just take a few extra pills. I tried cr/ taper many time was suicidal etc n I have a small child to attend to.

I am not suggesting that others with codeine addictions take the route I have (though a lot have, know this from a codeine support site n it helped them). Besides why should people on heroin/oxy only have the ight to alternative script. People with codrine/DHC/hydrocodone struggle too but we 're made to feel like complete wimps n I find it EXTREMELY offensive as I went through hell due to my addiction. Financially I went from £4,600 saving to £,000 in debt, I almost lost my family, my mental health has suffered, almost thrown off my masters.

I did not decide on a whim to go on suboxone it was carefully thought out n 8mg was not enough for me so I'm on 12 mg. i'm so annoyed with the general consensus that if you're a heroin/oxy addict your suffering n it's terribly hard addiction but rember codeine addicts only know codeine n it is extremely addictive n strong if you've not had anything else. People who have taken stronger drugs n come up with stuff like "you shouldn't be on bupe/suboxone if you've only got a codeine addiction."

Yes I get all that about different strengths but addiction is mostly psychologically n having the suboxone helps while we work through our issues similar to H/oxy addict has to do. We do not become "addicted" to suboxone, our bodies become dependent on it - so when it's time to go through the withdrawals ( and yes I'm aware they are difficult) I will not be longing for the sub like I did codeine as the *relationship* is not there, if that makes sense - same time the memory is codeine is going more distant.

That's my explanation although I do not see why I should HAVE to keep defending/ explaining/ justifying myself to people. People on H/oxy etc do not have to explain why they choose a particular path of recover so neither should we.

Evey xxxx

First of all, you need to stop being offended so easily. You are far too quick to be defensive. And I mean that in the nicest way possible -- stop caring what people think if you're so convinced that it was the right decision for you.

ANY drug addiction is serious. You were clearly in need of help, and suboxone seems to have helped.

That said, you are fooling yourself by saying you aren't addicted to suboxone and won't crave it when/if you get off. Do you know how powerful a substance suboxone is? Especially at such an enormous dose?!? The only reason you don't feel addicted is that youre prescribed it and thus haven't dealt with life without it yet.

If you were truly an addict, getting off suboxone will NOT be a walk in the park and you will most certainly have intense cravings for the drug. Anything that makes you feel better will be tough to get off, ESPECIALLY any opioid at such a high dose.

To sum up, stay on the suboxone for as long as you feel necessary eve. If that means life, that is completely fine. Your addict behaviors are now controlled and under the supervision of a doctor, which is fantastic for a multitude of reasons.

Just love yourself and be kind to yourself. But be honest too, don't lie to yourself. That's a dangerous road and will likely lead back to full agonists if you don't be honest.

Good luck with everything, and I truly mean that. You are clearly a very good person.

Actually getting of subutex is fairly straightforward. When you have to finally go through cold turkey at the end it is fairly easy compared to other opiates. The cravings for it are not as high as heroin or even codeine. IMO. Its just something about subutex it does not create any real cravings in me, or others. Once clean the cravings for codeine could be very intense, but I doubt for subutex, as OP said there is that certain x factor for codeine.

Its funny I see people make such negative statements about opiate withdrawal and it really affects people as they get even more scared of the 'detox programme'.

And what's with the 'if you were truly an addict' snobbery, just leave it out as its exactly what OP hates, and I myself hate.

Thanks wcote. I don't think I'm addicted to suboxone - I may be dependent on it, which is not addiction. You can become dependent on antidepressants n have some withdrawal affects afterwards but there is no addiction. However, I am grateful for comments.
Evey xxxx

How much of the stuff were you doing on a daily basis Evel?

How long did it take for you get into full blown WD's?

Actually getting of subutex is fairly straightforward. When you have to finally go through cold turkey at the end it is fairly easy compared to other opiates. The cravings for it are not as high as heroin or even codeine. IMO. Its just something about subutex it does not create any real cravings in me, or others. Once clean the cravings for codeine could be very intense, but I doubt for subutex, as OP said there is that certain x factor for codeine.

Its funny I see people make such negative statements about opiate withdrawal and it really affects people as they get even more scared of the 'detox programme'.

And what's with the 'if you were truly an addict' snobbery, just leave it out as its exactly what OP hates, and I myself hate.

This.

Obviously if you've been put on Subuxone to get away from a codeine addiction you are now addicted to Suboxone instead - that's the whole point of opioid replacement treatment. It wouldn't work otherwise. But the point about addiction vs dependence is well made. Allein mentions being on (legitimately scripted after an injury) morphine and codeine at various times recently and not feeling addicted - technically he will be (sorry to talk about you without talking to you for a moment, Allein <3) but it's all about the mental side. I said a similar thing last night in a thread (cos it's true) - addiction is partly physical, of course, but is mostly mental. If codeine is your DOC (Drug Of Choice) then that is the thing you are mentally addicted to - the bupe is just covering the physical aspects while you deal with whatever issues there may be that have been feeding into keeping you addicted.

And telling somebody that they surely have 2-3 months of hell to look forward to is a bit irresponsible when you have no way of knowing this. It certainly wasn't the case for me and plenty other peeps I know who got on well enough with bupe to have used it for a full detox. I was just dandy after a week of w/d and I was taking part in some bizzarro medical trial at the time which massively increased w/d symptoms (yeah, they didn't mention that being a possibility when I agreed to it, and thankfully that particularly stupid idea for a w/d scheme never went any further - y'all can thank me later for saving yous from a fate worse than death ;)). I can honestly say that coming off bupe was, basically, a piece of piss. Took time but it was never all that hard compared to any other rattle I've done - even codeine was worse physically in some ways.

Incidentally, for those concerned with the dose involved, I also recently got switched from my codeine script to a bupe script at... 12mg/day (which I actually argued the doc down from the 16mg/day he initially wanted). It's a Subbiez thing. Docs like to have people around that kinda level cos you need that much to block cravings for other opioids. It's not that less won't take away the physical w/d stuff so much as it's not enough (for most) to feel un-addicted (yes that is an ugly word) enough to just not have to think about wanting to get fukked all the time.

Good luck with the bupe, Evel :)<3

PS: Any relation to...

NSFW:
ektoys.jpg
(the person not the toy - used to toy pic cos i used to have one and it gave me a warm, nostalgic glow <3

Thank you, Shambles. Alot of what you said makes sense. Oh why didn't I come to EADD when I first joined BL. You peeps seem to get me.

Lol haha don't get wrong I've 'met' some amazing people here on BL but it's lovely being around fellow Brits who understand in terms of our support system etc. oh it's just bloody ace :)
LoL!.... Evey xxxx

How much of the stuff were you doing on a daily basis Evel?

How long did it take for you get into full blown WD's?
800-900mg a day. To be honest the psychological was much worse. I was so depressed, fatigued, unmotivated felt like I was grieving he loss of a loved one felt like everything stopped I even wasn't communicating with my daughter as I should n started wishing all sort like that my family weren't here so i could have codeine. Really messed me up. Of course I had the physical stuff. I am so petrified of going back to that addicted person it's unreal even have bad dreams that I'm addicted to codeine again n taking large quantities of it.
I felt for so long that no one understand as most are addicted to hard drugs like H n see me as a wimp n an outsider (how some make me feel. A few months ago I joined a local addiction recovery group. We have meetings weekly n it's for anyone recovering from a drink / drug problem. Most of them their DOC was H but they accept me as one of them n even advised me to increase my suboxone when I was still getting extreme cravings of codeine to the point i was drinking heavily like a bottle of vodka a night or 2 or 3 bottles of wine.
I was buting like 60mg pills online costing $259 a fortnight plus other stuff. I went from £4,600 in savings to £5,000 in debt n I'm trying to pay for a MSc in Weight Management on ESA n DLA. It's messed my life up which is why I get so offended n hurt when people minimalise codeine cause for me it was massive. I was also size 8, ripped n I put on lots of weight. I am working on getting that off now n am back to size 10 again.

Thanks for responses n listening. It really means a lot to me n I really
Love this forum a lot. It really is the best I've been to.

Evey xxxxx
PS sorry for winging lol

Just sent you a PM asking the same question you've just answered. Doh!

Codeine linctus is available online from UK pharmacies and costs a lot less than what you were paying. I'm saying this from a harm reduction perspective, as it's awful reading about people spending their savings on this stuff.