• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Anyone else had a codeine addiction?

Oh I know a thing or two about addiction as many here do, Evey. Am not criticising your actions as such cos you simply didn't have all the relevant and accurate information to base your decisions on. Of course some codeine is lost during a CWE. As is the vast majority of the paracetamol. But co-codamols cost all of about £1.50 a pack so it still works out far cheaper than buying grey market pills and is far safer to be doing a CWE if all you have to work with are OTC preparations. The things I'm saying here (and in many posts) are directed at anybody who reads them and we can't know the situation and circumstance of everybody who reads this forum so try to combine general HR info with specific responses to specific questions.

Also, don't mind me - am a bit squiffy now so prone to rambling ;)

It's ok, shambles, I appreciate your honesty n feedback. I cant talk about this I' so very sorry it's triggering ne. I can't do it im weak im sorry im so so very sorry i can't discuss this anymore, so sorry :(

You don't need to apologise for anything, Evey. If you don't want to talk about this stuff at the moment then don't. You're more than welcome to come chat 'bout... well... absolutely anything really in some of our more social threads. Is one of the great things about EADD: it's not all about the drugs. There's plenty general social chit-chat threads too :)

Have a lil looksee at the nowhere-near-exhaustive-but-still-bloody-extensive index page if you want to potter and chat. Or go find something completely different out there in that real world thingy I hear so much about. If focussing on drug talk upsets or "triggers" you then no need for apologies - do wot a gal has to do to avoid it and come back to this thread when feeling stronger :)<3

I've had a codeine addiction. I was hooked on dihydrocodeine many years before I experimented with recreational drugs, weed, E, coke etc. I started taking em at 14 and stopped around 18 (with a much higher tolerance).

As a bit of an aside...

Codeine phosphate was my first recreational opioid. I have (very) vague memories of enjoying kaolin and morphine when I had the shits and various cough remedies when I had a cough as a nipper, but the first time I was aware of enjoying opies was when a friend (longtime junky, years travelling in the Far East, meat in the ladyboy sandwich fella) gave me two 30mg phosphate pills whilst I was at work (behind a bar at the time) and told me to go to the toilets, crush and sniff 'em if I fancied a perk to get me through the afternoon shift. I too am one of those that was initially blown away on 60mg of codeine (I think it was DHC from memory but with my memory... and snorted at that 8(). The next decade or so was laid out before me that afternoon... <3:\<3:|<3:\<3

Lol you reminded me of the bottle of codeine linctus we always had in the medicine cabinet, for if we got the shits. I musta been around 7 or 8 at the time and remember sneaking off to the cabinet at night and having a teaspoon. It was love at first sight....

Yes but miss she keeps on being told subbies are over the top for codeine addiction. She clearly states she is sick of being told this. But STILL people mention it.

HR involves listening to people, and over and over people are ignoring this fact. Being rpeatly told something when you state you know this view and not to talk about it is extremely rude.

Evel needs support not being repeatly told what she is doing is wrong or over the top. What use is this point being put forward beyond annoying the hell out of Evel?

That was totally not my intention. I did not say that it was my opinion and it was in the context of everything else that I was saying to her..she has a history of being very defensive and I attempted to say something in a very nice way to be supportive and helpful not to antagonize her..if she took it that way then my apologies. I just wanted her to know that we were not "against' her as she has often felt in the past according to other posts by her...

Actually getting of subutex is fairly straightforward. When you have to finally go through cold turkey at the end it is fairly easy compared to other opiates. The cravings for it are not as high as heroin or even codeine. IMO. Its just something about subutex it does not create any real cravings in me, or others. Once clean the cravings for codeine could be very intense, but I doubt for subutex, as OP said there is that certain x factor for codeine.

Its funny I see people make such negative statements about opiate withdrawal and it really affects people as they get even more scared of the 'detox programme'.

And what's with the 'if you were truly an addict' snobbery, just leave it out as its exactly what OP hates, and I myself hate.

Did not mean it to be snobby in any way, maybe just a poor choice of phrasing. It looks like suboxone withdrawal varies greatly between different people -- for me it was truly AWFUL. way, way worse than when I've withdrawn from oxycodone.

I'd actually say dihydrocodeine withdrawal was more painful for me than subutex withdrawal. With DHC or heroin, the most unbearable part was the terrible depression-the complete sense of hopelessness, as well as the physical pain and the RLS. I was in bupe WD for two weeks, and it was extremely unpleasant, but I didn't find it as painful as the full agonist opi's. The worst thing with bupe is the half life; withdrawals just drag on for weeks, sometimes months. At least with something like DHC, you know you're gonna get through it in a week at the most.

^agreed. Perhaps it's just a personal preference type thing -- when withdrawaling from full agonists it is hell on earth for 3-5 days, but it is beyond obvious that is a direct result of withdrawaling from the drug. For me, with bupe, the withdrawals lasted SO long that I begun to trick myself into thinking it wasn't the withdrawal, if that makes sense. The symptoms lingered for such an extended period of time that I begun to believe that the overwhelming depression and anxiety was innate in me.

Around day 5 of withdrawal from full agonists, I always begin to notice an elevation in mood, and feel like myself again. With bupe, it legitimately took a month to feel normal, which led to a relapse on my DOC.

Lol you reminded me of the bottle of codeine linctus we always had in the medicine cabinet, for if we got the shits. I musta been around 7 or 8 at the time and remember sneaking off to the cabinet at night and having a teaspoon. It was love at first sight....

J just used to drink the lot like it was a bottle of alcohol which was probably dangerous looking back.

Miss I know that you were being supportive n I appreciate. Wcote that 's right too. Itis frustrating when people mention the same thing over n over. I do hear what people are saying n I respect n appreciate it.

I am very defensive in some posts. It's a fault of mine that I need to change. It comes from a lot of bullying online n off (long story n not for this) but I Need to stop being that way n know that people are not against me or trying to hurt me here.

Just a suggestion to mods - could we have a codeine mega thread here? I think it would help people with codeine addiction as a lot of codeine addicts are isolated n so its nice to talk to others in a similar position. Not a 'us v them' jusr that sometimes its nice to talk to people in a similar situation.

Evey

We do indeed have a codeine megathread of sorts, bear with my whilst I find it!

Edit: (fuck I'm quick today!) it's here in the codeine dosage thread

It didn't start off with the intention to be a megathread but recently it seems to be the go to for codeine tips n tricks and questions etc etc

Did not mean it to be snobby in any way, maybe just a poor choice of phrasing. It looks like suboxone withdrawal varies greatly between different people -- for me it was truly AWFUL. way, way worse than when I've withdrawn from oxycodone.

This is the case for a good bit of people.

How about renaming the "nice codeine dosage" thread to make it a proper official megathread?

J just used to drink the lot like it was a bottle of alcohol which was probably dangerous looking back.

Miss I know that you were being supportive n I appreciate. Wcote that 's right too. Itis frustrating when people mention the same thing over n over. I do hear what people are saying n I respect n appreciate it.

I am very defensive in some posts. It's a fault of mine that I need to change. It comes from a lot of bullying online n off (long story n not for this) but I Need to stop being that way n know that people are not against me or trying to hurt me here.

Just a suggestion to mods - could we have a codeine mega thread here? I think it would help people with codeine addiction as a lot of codeine addicts are isolated n so its nice to talk to others in a similar position. Not a 'us v them' jusr that sometimes its nice to talk to people in a similar situation.

Evey

Well, that is fine..I will leave you all to it here..you certainly were defensive and though you say you have accepted that people have opinions that differ from your own you words still say differently. You were very quick to jump at the few things that I said even though I thoroughly made it clear that I was not saying it was my own opinion and very completely skipped over the important things I said (about totally understanding what you are saying, and that your experience is yours and only you know what is best for you, etc, etc)
Rather than respond to kindness when it is given you choose generally to pick it apart and throw up the few points again and again. (Maybe it is because I am an "American" as you said and I just dont understand!-though personally I never see myself apart from anyone else by ethnicity or origin, only us all brought together in the trials that we all share). And yes, I am well aware of your past issues with forums. In this case, I obviously will not be of any help so best of luck to you and will definitely bow out as it is never my intent to cause hard feelings or upset..my only purpose in this community is to hopefully help along the way and enjoy the comradeship of the community and as always, to learn, everyday.

Last edited:
I will do so as soon as I figure out what the fuck is with my account, I can't mod or post in the staff forums but I can still access them

edit: speak of the fucking devil. Anyway here is your all purpose codeine ramblings thread <3

Will keep this open though as long as it stays civil, because I get that the whole codeine codeine codeine thing in the other thread can be hard to deal with sometimes too.

Not sure that this should go in a codeine megathread.

This would be out of place amongst people wanting to try it out or giving other probqctive advice.

Well, that stinks...maybe it is a conspiracy snolly!! ;)

And no worries on anything on my part, no hard feelings and like I said, I will bow out as to not cause any hard feelings (though I did have to state my own feelings also).

Not sure that this should go in a codeine megathread.

This would be out of place amongst people wanting to try it out or giving other probqctive advice.

Yeah, for sure, that's why I want to keep this thread around. I'm not going to merge them, just let them run concurrently as the thread above is mostly general codeine chat and whatever goes with it. Just renamed the other thread and linked it here cos Evie mentioned it and it seemed sensible :)

edit @ missmeyet: Everything's a conspiracy, I just woke up =D