• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Antihistamines Mega Thread

^ This has actually been done quite a lot by people on this board I think.

Edit: are you thinking of jasoncrest?

Last edited:
I just eat em like 2500 mg or somthing like that

Let's be completely clear about this.

This thread and the conversation it contains is not in any way about the delerient effect of anticholinergic anti-histamines. We are talking about using small doses alone or in conjunction with opioids only.

Anti-Histamines that can or are IV'd are: Diphenhydramine, Promethazine, Cyclizine, Hydroxyzine.

Orally: Orphenadrine, Phenyltoloxamine, Dimenhydrinate, Doxylamine, Loratidine, etc.

Hydroxyzine

Off topic

I recently got a butt load of the stuff and it is definitely better with poppies than diphenhydramine. Slightly euphoric on its own too, as I take potentiators 45-60min before poppies and the euphoria starts before the poppies are used. When methocarbamol and methyltrexate are added, it is more pronounced and the full regime of potentiators would be satisfying without the opiates. I sometimes add primidone when I don't have any driving to do.

Hydroxyzine is definitely better than any of the antihistimines I know of that are sold in USA. I really want to try orphenadrine. Sounds like it is even better.

Too bad neither of those are OTC in the USA. Nor are methocarbamol, methyltrexate, or primidone(which converts to phenobarbitol and could be used by itself.
50-100 mg seroquel also improves the hiigh and so does .15mg clonidine.But this is about antihistimines, and hyroxyzine is the best either to potentiate opiates or alone/in cocktail of weak drugs.

I hope to get orphenadrine sometime.

I thought I'd mention that selegeline(not an antihistimine) converts to both amphetamine and methamphetamine and I am going to buy at least 1,000 pills soon since it is so cheap. I was unaware when I first took it and was surprised by what something considered a nootropic did.

Sorry for the off topic info, it just doesn't seem well known and I thought some readers might like it.

I was pleasantly surprised by hydroxyzine, expecting to get somethine near a clone of diphenhydramine, which works to potentiate but provides no euphoria and is probably less useful as potentiator than hydroxyzine(It's hard to tell if the better effects are due solely to added euphoria or partially to better potentiation. What matters is that it feels better.

I think orphenadrine or it + hydroxyzine might be a good deal better. Wish I wasn't broke.

Loratadine and some other non drowsy AH was definitely less effective.

Little difference in pleasure with diphenhydramine or dimenhydrinate, but the latter seems less sedating.

Promethazine may be better than diph or possibly hydroxyzine, or it could be that I took it at higher dose in cough syrup. Never tried it any other way. This chem is also a weak antipsychotic. I know seroquel adds nicely with poppies. Same may be true of low-mod doses of other antipsychotics, though seroquel is the only one that I get pleasure from on its own.I think the antihistimines and antipsychotics share certain effects so perhaps they would potentiate poppies similarly to antihistamines. Some drugs are classified as both.

Last edited:
Just want to make a note, that swim once took far too many antihistamines while having a major itch a long-lasting opiate, and it stopped me being able to piss completely. Swim was practically in agony for a long time, ended up going to hospital after being advised by the NHS helpline (basically government health service for those outside UK) in case of kidney problems. Doctor there was fucking useless and bit of a dick, but he seemed to say that swim'd be alright, just had to wait for the antihistamines to wear off, which they did about an hour later luckily..

^ high doses can definatly do that to you, as can opiates. And just to ley ya know we dont use SWIM on this site, or anything like that.

I find it interesting how some anticholinergic antihistamines, notably orphenadrine and some others, can cause the user to experience feelings of euphoria even if used alone.

hi there, ive had piriton today to counter opiate itches but it barely worked (chlorophen something), its got a really long half life but i want to take another antihistamine later, a non sedating one to try like Loratadine, and was wondering if it would be safe? been about 4 hours since the last 4mg piriton, but can wait longer til night before i get back on the oxy. Only thing im worried about is the piriton is a mild SNRI/SSRI and dont want any dodgy interactions.

thanks

actually found it its ok, hoping it helps the opiate itch better than chlo did.

There are no worries combining antihistamines, in fact it is quite common practise for doctors to prescribe antihistamines with different actions to a patient with chronic allergies. They actually work in different ways and to different extents, so you are just getting an antihistamine cocktail. Great for killing allergic reactions.

Last edited:
yeah combining a first gen and second gen antihistamine provided great effect at killing itch and nausea plus some potentiation with opiates, was good :)

What is the maximum safe dose in general with antihistamines (combined with opiates) ? Im using cetirizine now, and that has maximum daily of 10mg, 1 pill, though i generally use 4-5 often. I've also used very high dose of antihistamines for deleriant effect, but is there a dose i shouldnt go above too regularly with them?

This is a good question, and requires a lot of research about individual chemicals.

Do you have a particular chemical/antihistamine that you have been abusing? How much/dose? How long?

Generally antihistamines are not too bad under overdose situations, but that does not mean they are good for you.

Give us some more information and we will try to answer your questions.

Just by the way... cetirizine has a piperazine structure, so I cannot imagine the crazy shit that would happen to your body if that chemical was overdosed. I am thinking high blood pressure, irregular heart beat, inability to sleep, etc (I could be wrong, I have not studied it)

In general with antihistamines, reading up says they can cause low blood pressure, increased heart rate and fever, i know from experience using large dose antihistamines for deleriant effect you can feel pretty sick, bad body load and heavy feeling, dry mouth and of course psychosis. It's worth reading up on both the histamine antagonist and anticholinergic effects (which are mostly restricted to 1st gen)

Is it possible to develop a tolerance to cetirizine dihydrochloride? I find when I start using it, it's highly effective (treating allergies and hives caused by mephedrone) but over a week or two it becomes very ineffective. I haven't yet tried increasing the dose.

sneezing and runny nose

Hi All,

Was wondering if any of you could help me. I have 2 children (5 and 13 year old) with dust mite allergy. They would start sneezing and then develop runny nose with clear mucus. After that they will start to have dry cough caused by nasal drip.

My question is which of these 2 antihistamine is suitable for this kind of allergy :
Cyproheptadine or Chlorpheniramine maleate

Also for how long do I have to give them? Thank you all for your help.

Nice thread. :) I just did a combo of Cyclobenzaprine and Orphenadrine.
I took 3, 10mgCyclobenzaprines about an hour ago and I'm starting to feel the effects.
Just recently took 2, 100mg Orphenadrine so I'm waiting for them to kick in.
This should be an interesting combo. :)