• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Antihistamines Mega Thread

Orphenadrine is also a CYP2D6 inhibitor. Just one of a number of anti-histamines that can produce euphoria.

Does anyone know the incidence that orphenadrine or any other antihistamines do produce euphoria (alone, not when combined with other drugs)?

Does anyone know the incidence that orphenadrine or any other antihistamines do produce euphoria (alone, not when combined with other drugs)?

Seems fairly common; known since the development of the Anti-Histamine class(es) of drugs. Most of the 1st generation Ethanolamine's have 'euphoria' as a possible side effect. I've experienced it firsthand with a couple. Burroughs wrote about his experience of a shot of Thephorin feeling like a shot of Morphine.

However most of the 2nd/3rd generation AH's don't have this effect. I have no idea the chemistry/pharmacology/etc behind it.

I was wondering if anyone really found antihistamines to be truly euphoric. If they were, I am guessing that it would be due more to the anticholinergic activities, since claritin/loratidine doesn't seem to be psychoactive, and its not, AFAIK, an anticholinergic. But maybe it just doesn't get into the CNS. I don't think theres a whole lot of histamine receptors in the brain anyway, so it would have to be the anticholinergic activity of allergy meds that make them psychoactive, right?

The closest thing I can think of to euphoria with an antihistamine would be with promethazine, which really makes me feel more loose n' floppy than truly euphoric. But everyone's different, I mean there are people who enjoy recreational diphenhydramine...but even then I don't hear a whole lot about euphoria with it. It seems like the enjoyment of that derives more from just getting a head change in general, but you still have to make your own fun when it comes down to it.

All of this was just a long winded way of asking...is there any true euphoric antihistamine out there?

My favorite is Phenyltoloxamine. Lightly sedative, occasionally provides euphoria. Cyclizine is similar; more sedating, sometimes provides euphoria. I plan on trying Pyrilamine to see if it is similar.

Orphenadrine is another, I haven't tried it but it has similar reports. Tripellenamine (Pyribenzamine), Thephorin, etc also.

Euphoria meaning mood-lift. Not the complete Opioid package (warmth/warm-flushing, light 'prickly/pins&needles in the blood' feeling, etc) which many people take to mean 'euphoria'.

Oh, I was just using euphoria as a sort of inherent "feeling good" type state. By no means do i expect antihistamines to be anything like the feeling of opiates, but just a general good feeling, which is the same operational definition that you are using, I believe.

Well, should any of those antihistamines cross my desk, I may use them as potentiators or something and get a feel for how they are on their own before adding an opiate into the mix.

Tchort what are your thoughts on doxylamine? I always felt it was a much cleaner feeling and added more euphoria when combined with opiates than any other I've tried. I feel the same way about hydrozyxzine as well... I felt the 2 aforementioned were far more anxiolytic and euphoric than others I have tried... promethazine, diphenhydramine, dimenhydrinate, and if you want to include drugs with strong antihistaminergic side effects like cyclobenzaprine, quetiapine, trazodone, etc.

I've always been interested in combining orphenadrine with opiates for pain relief/muscle relaxation and to see if it was more euphoric than doxylamine or hydroxyzine were for me.

Doxylamine certainly felt anxiolytic to me, and I've always had a fairly decent time with the doxylamine+dextromethorphan "Nite Time"-type medications (making sure, of course, to avoid taking dangerous levels of APAP present in them). I didn't feel overly tired from it, but simply less anxious, and oddly enough, more creative when it came to writing/drawing, but that may have been more due to the DXM. But it certainly felt better than DXM alone, even if it wasn't truly euphoric. I think it wouldn't have been pleasurable (or unpleasant, for that matter) if I hadn't been doing something enjoyable, you know?

What doses of Doxylamine succinate tablets would effectively potentiate low doses of benzodiazepines such as clonazepam and diazepam, and opioids like hydrocodone, oxycodone, or codeine.

^I don't find there to much potentitaion; just a synergy between two downers; though doxylamine is more sleepy-feelin'. I take about 50-75mgs to sleep; YMMV.

Yeah, I guess synergy is what I meant, Is there another antihistamine that would be better to enhance the benzo or opiate high? I have tried diphenhydramine, dimenhydrinate, and Orphenadrine (Norflex) before, of which Orphenadrine was the best, and I just now took some doxylamine with 2mg clonazepam and 18.5mg of hydrocodone, so I guess I'll see how that goes. I'm just trying to find the ideal OTC antihistamine to synergise with low doses of stronger downers.

Tchort what are your thoughts on doxylamine? I always felt it was a much cleaner feeling and added more euphoria when combined with opiates than any other I've tried. I feel the same way about hydrozyxzine as well... I felt the 2 aforementioned were far more anxiolytic and euphoric than others I have tried... promethazine, diphenhydramine, dimenhydrinate, and if you want to include drugs with strong antihistaminergic side effects like cyclobenzaprine, quetiapine, trazodone, etc.

I've always been interested in combining orphenadrine with opiates for pain relief/muscle relaxation and to see if it was more euphoric than doxylamine or hydroxyzine were for me.

Orphenadrine is on my list of things to try. It's also a CYP2D6 Inhibitor, which makes me wonder if it would provide better analgesia for an MMT patient than a strong Rx NSAID (not to mention may cause more pleasurable effects from Methadone vs CYP3A4 Inhibitors which seem to only increase sedation and increase the duration of that sedation).

You should check out Phenyltoloxamine; it is considered a euphoriant and equally good at providing additional adjuvant analgesia when combined with opioids, similar to Orphenadrine. It's also OTC in the US (though found in only one product at most stores combined with APAP).

I find Doxylamine to be less dirty than Diphenhydramine, Dimenhydrinate, etc, but it is still way too potent a sedative for me to find it pleasurable. Adding any of these anti-histamines with opioids seemed to dull the warmth and euphoria of the opioid and overpower anything else with unpleasant sedation.

Hydroxyzine has a good reputation, but from what I've read about it I don't think I'd find it any more pleasurable than Cyclizine or Phenyltoloxamine.

Is it true that part of the reason why antihistamines act synergistically with opiates or opioids is because they have subtle euphoriant properties in and of themselves?

I eat lotsa diph at night to get high off of it, and everything you guys have said about oranephdrine? seem right. It produces euphoria, hallucinations, anaphylaxis, blurred vision, and makes me feel like I ate a small amount of opiates.......lame huh? I have done it lately cuz I gots real drugs.........lame?

I would also like to see what the different possible ROA's are for each drug so someone doesnt IV the wrong thing...

Somebody used to say, long ago, they IVed Diph.......but I cannot confirm