• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

antidepressant interactions with recreational drugs

yeah i dont think you quite understood FUBAR - these pharms are histamines to help with sleep, and are actually what effie recommended.

i am coming off the druggy drugs, and using the pharmacuetrical drugs in order to be able to sleep. I obiusly need to adjust the dose a bit, though i didnt get to bed intil 5 am, ill try something simillar tonight at an earler time and ditch the chloropromazines. So many people have been horrified about them that they cant all be wrong

british drs refuse to prescribe sleeping aids; is it any wonder that people are forced to cast their net far and wide in search of somethig, anything to help them sleep,. when they are denied effective treatemen by their own country. Something is very very very very wrong as it is forcing people to experiment with their own self medication without really knowing what they are doing (mind you most doctots ive met havent got a single fuckin clue about drugs) so its like pick and mix for sleeping pills from india.

Are the ones that act on the h1 (histamine) receptor addictive, do you know Effie ?

Last edited:
yeah i dont think you quite understood FUBAR - these pharms are histamines to help with sleep, and are actually what effie recommended.

i am coming off the druggy drugs, and using the pharmacuetrical drugs in order to be able to sleep. I obiusly need to adjust the dose a bit, though i didnt get to bed intil 5 am, ill try something simillar tonight at an earler time and ditch the chloropromazines. So many people have been horrified about them that they cant all be wrong

mydrugbuddy, i'll give you some advise that you can actually take. Eat breakfast at 8-9 a.m. Your body will wake you up for breakfast at that time. Stay up and don't go back to sleep. Don't go to sleep until 12-2am. You'll get used to this in about a week. Don't break the routine for anything. If you feel like breaking it, just remember how shit it is having no sleeping pattern.

yes i was planning to do something very simillar.

I dont really want to be falling asleep at 5am every day and waking up at 5pm.

It would make it rather impossible to get things done in the real world.

Anyone wanna buy some chloropromazine ? lol

antidepressant should be fucking assembled in a space ship and sent into the sun

Edit, covered already mods looked after ya ;) lay off the benzos and get some routine buddy, takes 2-4 weeks but massive difference as does that 20 min run in the morning and a few bananas.

I understood perfectly mate, why do you think I didn't? I know you want them for sleep, but I thought you were already prescribed mirtazepine along with other stuff for sleeping? Just wondered why you needed to buy shit loads of similar pharms as well, especially as you're bound to experiment with ridiculous cocktails (I know I would)....

The only thing i receive on presciption is mirtazapine to treat my depression. It doesnt work (so far) for that nor for sleep. I dont know if my doctor will be prepared to increase the dose because at the moment no prescription tretment i am receving is helping with depression, anxiety or sleep. This is why i self medicate so much.

Last edited:
A mate of mine is on mirtazpine and it's sending her loopy at the minute, extreme paranoia/depression and rages on a worrying level. Not sure if it's worth anything but just shows the negative reaction it can have with someone although she uses recreational drugs.

Mirtazapine sent me borderline insane too.

Every night I dreaded going to sleep (it was akin to dropping acid every night with the madness I incurred from sleep paralysis with recurring themes).

My waking hours were spent feeling brain fried and anxious. Intimidated by the previous nights 'dreams' and dreading what ones were to come.
Tis heavy duty stuff I really wouldn't recommend. But I guess everyone's different.

Any advice mate, its not me but a mate and she doesn't understand at all. PM if you can even, cheers for response.

I didnt get on with the stuff either but many do, in general it seems to haveless side effects than many other ADs.

If you're having intolerable or unexpected side effects you have to go back to your GP.

I hate going to the doctors but if you are going to try thisroute for mental illness it is very much a trial and error process. What works well for one does always for another, sometimes the difference in response is extreme.

A mate of mine is on mirtazpine and it's sending her loopy at the minute, extreme paranoia/depression and rages on a worrying level. Not sure if it's worth anything but just shows the negative reaction it can have with someone although she uses recreational drugs.

thanks for the helpful if scarey replies. So far its not working for drpresssion or sleep at the lowest dose after 1 month. I'l see if she'll double the dose for month 2, she better fuckin had do cos it aint no use to me at the moment.

1 positive effect about Mirt is that ive noticed i feel calmer during the day. When standing in queues for instance i used to get stresed and annoyed especially if the cashier and customer were talking about bloody football or something whilst letting the customer queue build up halfway to the fuckin exit lol.

Last edited:
Glad to see you're feeling calmer in public, even with the reduction in benzo intake. Hell, I could do with a bit more patience in queues myself as it happens!

Just a thought: maybe your benzo intake is playing a part when it comes to mirtazipine's efficacy at lifting depression?

I know that benzos can get me in a state where even methoxetamine doesn't give me the massive mood lift it would do otherwise. Obviously it's worth telling your doctor anyway, and seeing how you feel if the dose is adjusted. I take it there are no undesirable side-effects thus far?

no other undesirable effects apart from it not working lol, you could be right about the benzos somehow blocking the mirtazapine. If shes not initially keen on increasing my dose, i expect her to say "i think we should give it another month at thius dose" i'll drop the benzo bombshell and hope that can persuade her.

I've noticed that even a few consecutive days' benzo use will precipitate a dip in my mood, similar to (though not quite as pronounced as) that which I'd get after moderate-to-heavy alcohol consumption.

Early doors though, as you say. Fingers crossed.

I've noticed that even a few consecutive days' benzo use will precipitate a dip in my mood, similar to (though not quite as pronounced as) that which I'd get after moderate-to-heavy alcohol consumption.

Early doors though, as you say. Fingers crossed.

well i wonder what effect 2 and a half years of consequitive use intersperspesed with interludes of massive over consumption will have had on my mood lol. I was already an imsoniac, with depression and severe anxiety to begin with, which is precisely why benzos were such seductive darlings and wonder drugs at first. Naturally enough I cant remember what percipitated the heavy bingeing though i do remember rigourously sticking to prescribedthearapeutic doses for the first 6 months.

On a positive note, which has been a rarity for me of late, the calmness that Mirtazapine provides make it seem achieavable, that i can actually quit benzos. I didnt believe i could ever do it before and was convinced i was hooked for life. Swings and Fucking Roundabouts, as they say.

I had the same reaction. It made me terribly moody, groggy and depressed. Pretty dangerously so. Horrid drug :)

I think im just gonna use it to get off the benzos, and through whatever awaits when im off them. Then I'll be wanting to get off the stuff. It does have its uses. I havent looked but im pretty sure its not licenced for helping with benzo reductions, and i havent seen it mentioned anywhere else. But it's certainly making it easier for me.

Good to see it's working! How are things with your GP, if you don't mind me asking?

I haven't been back yet, as i asked another doctor to increase my mirtazapine from 15mg to 30 mg i ended up with 2 prescriptions - enough to keep me going for 6 weeks. And i havent decided yet whether to take up the offer of a psychiatric referall. I have a couple of appointments with my workers tomorrow so I'll talk things through with them. Im in no rush to go back to the doctor, and when i do, i'll make an appointment on a day i know my usual doctor wont be there. I want them to keep me on the Mirtazapine until Im off the benzos, but fear my usual doc would decline that, I'll probably be better off just lying to whoever i see and tell them that the Mirtazapine does after all seem to be working for my depression.

They seem to be particularly concerned about what the medications are licenced to be used for, regardless of what the patient needs. As i couldnt get wellbutrin as its not licenced in the uk for treating depression, but it is licenced for smoking cessation. Im certain Mirtazapine is not licenced for benzo cessation, and it is only doing half the job in treating my depression. Im currently, youre gonna love this, self medicating by also taking modafinil which does boost my mood significantly. And it appears to be sustainable.