• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids am i in full blown methadone withdrawal again?

blackmarket91

Bluelighter
july 6th i got off methadone i ct at a very high dose and was doin ok not 100% i have a question i actually re lapsed and took methadone for 4 days in a row and went 4 days without it then last night i took it once more and today i was fine earlier in the day but all sudden i started freakin out havin almost panic attacks crying ect i did not feel like this when i was in my methadone withdrawal in the past like i cant stop pacing atm and if eel its way to early for me to even have withdrawal since i dosed 24 hours ago

im really hoping its a mental thing and im mind fucking myself cause i got quite scared fearing it sometimes you just feel really bad mentally for like a week after doing a drug so im hoping to jesus christ thats what im going though and i didnt reset myself back to july 6th

i really need some xanax atm i feel t calm me down guess im having ptsd from my original time spend with withdrawal?

i know this is crazy rambling but i do feel that i might be lucky given how atm i have energy to pace around normally when i was in withdrawal i didnt even wana get out of bed so could i just e having insane anxiety fearing the worst?

How much methadone did you go through over those 5 days?

I was on 380mg of methadone years ago and got off, but ever since i quit i have become extremely sensitized to opioid withdrawal. A few days of use is enough to put me into withdrawal after I stop.

However if it has only been 5 days of use it probably isnt full blown methadone withdrawal but rather a mini methadone withdrawal. Still sucks.

Yeah 4 days will be enough to screw you. Same shit happened to me with subs. Quit methadone. Quit the subs. Was feeling OK. Then took subs for like 4 days, then nothing, then a few more days and when they wore off was sick as fuck. Was even worse than the initial methadone withdrawal. Felt like a fast acting withdrawal almost.

Back and forth withdrawling kinda does traumatize you. See if you could get a benzo like you said to calm down. It shouldn't be that bad, your fear hormones are probably going wild right now.

Curious to know what you cold turkey from and how much you took the last days.

How much methadone did you go through over those 5 days?

I was on 380mg of methadone years ago and got off, but ever since i quit i have become extremely sensitized to opioid withdrawal. A few days of use is enough to put me into withdrawal after I stop.

However if it has only been 5 days of use it probably isnt full blown methadone withdrawal but rather a mini methadone withdrawal. Still sucks.
Yeah 4 days will be enough to screw you. Same shit happened to me with subs. Quit methadone. Quit the subs. Was feeling OK. Then took subs for like 4 days, then nothing, then a few more days and when they wore off was sick as fuck. Was even worse than the initial methadone withdrawal. Felt like a fast acting withdrawal almost.

Back and forth withdrawling kinda does traumatize you. See if you could get a benzo like you said to calm down. It shouldn't be that bad, your fear hormones are probably going wild right now.

Curious to know what you cold turkey from and how much you took the last days.
i cold turkeyd off 195 a day i took 40 mg

the weird part is as is aid i feel like its horrible anxiety i never had restlessness when i was in withdrawal and now feel like gotta stay moving its weird which makes me think its mental thing

just took 2 trazodone pills which even in beginning of withdrawal would make me sleep been 3 hours and cant sleep at all and relax

this is what im thinking of doing i never had a pain pill or other opiate addiction which sounds weird but i was getting methadone from a person so it was my drug

im thing of just getting some oxys for a week and take them after the week stop it and see if i still feel the same

Oh that makes sense. I was thinking there is no way you were dosing 185mg daily at a clinic and just jumped off cold. You would of landed in the ER.

Would not get oxys. That withdrawal will be worse. Methadone withdrawal by itself is pretty mild. I bet in 3-4 days you will be fine. Adding oxys on top of methadone withdrawal...you are going to feel the worst withdrawals you have felt (methadone in the background and oxys up front).

Best thing you can do is taking nothing. Taking any opiod from here out...you will eventually get sick again. And will have to withdrawal to get away.

Oh that makes sense. I was thinking there is no way you were dosing 185mg daily at a clinic and just jumped off cold. You would of landed in the ER.

Would not get oxys. That withdrawal will be worse. Methadone withdrawal by itself is pretty mild. I bet in 3-4 days you will be fine. Adding oxys on top of methadone withdrawal...you are going to feel the worst withdrawals you have felt (methadone in the background and oxys up front).

Best thing you can do is taking nothing. Taking any opiod from here out...you will eventually get sick again. And will have to withdrawal to get away.

well tbh id rather oxy withdrawal than methadone withdrawal for fact it takes legit months tog et over which is miserable as all fuck thats why im so scared of the meth withdrawal if i re set to 0 again means 5 months wasted i just recently started feeling ok enough to go out and do things in life mostly laid in bed all day

me taking oxy for 7 days wouldnt put me into oxy withdrawal would it? id think id need longer thats what i was thiking if i could take 5 t 6 days like 40 mg a day of oxy then see how i feel after

It doesnt work that way. Just because you take oxys doesn't change the fact you are withdrawaling from methadone. You withdrawal from your whole habit. The oxy just going to make the withdrawal unbearable since the methadone withdrawal will still be there.

For example jumping off 80mg and going right back to dope is something I have done countless times. Takes months to stabilize / allow the methadone to come out of you. In fact it takes weeks just to get right since the dope cannot cover the full methadone withdrawal. They are different opiods.

Huge misconception to think anyone can take methadone daily for a year. Then switch to dope for a week and will only have a 3 day withdrawal. That dude gonna be sick for months and months regardless. As you are kicking your whole habit. This guy would of been better off not touching the dope for a week since now he withdrawaling from methadone and heroin.

It doesnt work that way. Just because you take oxys doesn't change the fact you are withdrawaling from methadone. You withdrawal from your whole habit. The oxy just going to make the withdrawal unbearable since the methadone withdrawal will still be there.

For example jumping off 80mg and going right back to dope is something I have done countless times. Takes months to stabilize / allow the methadone to come out of you. In fact it takes weeks just to get right since the dope cannot cover the full methadone withdrawal. They are different opiods.

Huge misconception to think anyone can take methadone daily for a year. Then switch to dope for a week and will only have a 3 day withdrawal. That dude gonna be sick for months and months regardless. As you are kicking your whole habit. This guy would of been better off not touching the dope for a week since now he withdrawaling from methadone and heroin.

why do docs give opiate addicts subutex when they are in rehabs then? not saying your wrong but curious tbh

im not even sure if im in full methdone withdrawal or if im mentally fucking myself which is scary im just very fucking upset i cant lay down and relax which is very strange as when i cold turkeyd off 200 i didnt even do this and again i dosed yesterday so idk why i would feel like this today

the weird thing is i felt almost fine just going out going things today but not when im having to sit down then anxiety sat in big time it wasnt restless leg syndrome that some get i never even had restless leg syndrome tbh when i came off methadone which i was greatful for. i feel very strange scatter brained as well i didnt feel this way when before and again i came off huge amount vs now 40 im clinging hard and hoping i wont be bac into full blown methadone withdrawal again

so what do you think i should do? i dont think ill ever touch suboxone for fact i did it before after 6 days and went into precipitated withdrawal and was like the worst shit ever lol so i feel if i did it again id prob mentally fuck myself and would be a similar situation im 90% considering going to rehab i dont wana have to but fuck if if eel like this now and i am n full withdrawal it will only get worse and withdrawaling for long time in a place makes you hate it so id prefer to do that in a hospital vs my new house

Get some kratom and dose as much as needed. Kratom is easy to kick.

You have to be in withdrawal to take subs. By then most of the short actings will be out. And still takes a few days to stabilize.

Same for methadone. Takes about a week to stabilize while the short acting leaves.

That is going short > long.

Much different than going long > short. Long acting withdrawaling carry on for some time. Long acting opiates are also very potent (bupe and methadone)

There is no such protocol for coming off a long term opiate using a short term.

But your situation is different. You only took it for a few days. You will be feeling fine in a few days. Last thing you want to do is put a short acting opiate in you right now.

You have to be in withdrawal to take subs. By then most of the short actings will be out. And still takes a few days to stabilize.

Same for methadone. Takes about a week to stabilize while the short acting leaves.

That is going short > long.

Much different than going long > short. Long acting withdrawaling carry on for some time. Long acting opiates are also very potent (bupe and methadone)

There is no such protocol for coming off a long term opiate using a short term.

But your situation is different. You only took it for a few days. You will be feeling fine in a few days. Last thing you want to do is put a short acting opiate in you right now.

i really hope you are right man im so scared cause this will legit kill my career heres the weird part tho

as i said i took 4 days straight sunday bein the last day monday was fine tuesday fine wednesday fine then thursday i started kinda havin this same feeling now a anxiety feeling but not a typical withdrawal that i normally feel my roomate is prescribed methadone thats how i was using it and he convinced me its mental and t take like 30 mg to take the edge off which was last night but then today wake up a fine for first 2 hours then al sudden started mentally breaking basically lol

it took me 4 days t start feeling that way before so idk why today if et it the very next day vs sunday i was fine all way till thursday that makes me think its a mental thing

man i actually tried kratom when was in the first month and half of meth withdrawal it didnt really do much but i could try it again?

Try it again. It didn't work for me during more serious methadone withdrawal but it worked for me during light withdrawal. Try 5g of red bali every 5 hours.

i really hope you are right man im so scared cause this will legit kill my career heres the weird part tho

as i said i took 4 days straight sunday bein the last day monday was fine tuesday fine wednesday fine then thursday i started kinda havin this same feeling now a anxiety feeling but not a typical withdrawal that i normally feel my roomate is prescribed methadone thats how i was using it and he convinced me its mental and t take like 30 mg to take the edge off which was last night but then today wake up a fine for first 2 hours then al sudden started mentally breaking basically lol

it took me 4 days t start feeling that way before so idk why today if et it the very next day vs sunday i was fine all way till thursday that makes me think its a mental thing

The timeline does seem a bit odd. There is no doubt some other factor here. Such as stress and anxiety. You are tweaking about your job too. My withdrawals would always ramp up literally an hour before work started. Or many times at work could not handle it (the stress) and would cut out to the dope spot.

Thats why you need to relax and just give it a few days. Give it 72 hours and then re evaluate.

I mean are you yawning? If you aren't yawning every few minutes, then not withdrawaling. Usually a tell tale sign. Never puked or had GI issues from methadone withdrawal. Certainly feeling that negative buzz, though. But yawning would be a good sign.

Last edited:
The timeline does seem a bit odd. There is no doubt some other factor here. Such as stress and anxiety. You are tweaking about your job too. My withdrawals would always ramp up literally an hour before work started. Or many times at work could not handle it (the stress) and would cut out to the dope spot.

Thats why you need to relax and just give it a few days. Give it 72 hours and then re evaluate.
i appreciate the help man

but guess im scared because at first sunday dosed then thursday was when i only started t kinda mentally freak was pretty normal the days before

and wana know a funny thing even after i took the methadone again yesterday to try t feel normal i still wasnt still had the anxiety it surely helped but i still couldnt relax at all is that strange or basically proof that i might not be dope sick

i know im throwing out a lot of things here but i feel this drug is so detailed that smallest little thing could be the determing factor

Its weird. After my last withdrawal. Was cold turkey methadone and alcohol combined (was taking methadone for like 7 months). Worst withdrawal I ever had in my life. Now I can barely feel opiates. Methadone, nothing. Even sniffing dope, nothing. Only go to sleep for both.

Reminds me of my friend that came off methadone and benzos together. After 2 weeks he went back to the clinic but never felt the dose. Went up to 150mg and still never felt it and just stopped one day. No withdrawal he claimed.

Withdrawaling off hard shit can certainly traumatize you to another level. Best to never take that stuff again.

Just be happy you didn't take it for years and years. Those dudes are fucked!

Last edited:
Try it again. It didn't work for me during more serious methadone withdrawal but it worked for me during light withdrawal. Try 5g of red bali every 5 hours.

yeah i might i got red meing di before

i read lyrica/pregabs work wonders for meth withdrawal unfortunately its very hard to get a doctor to write it to you i hear. iv never doctor shopped or knew how and what to ask, and i hear its basically impossible nowadays due to regulations

i do have good insurance ow blue cross blue shield i wish i could get xanax t deal with this anxiety but its dub that they will read i went to a detox facility 5 months ago ad will not rite me it which is sad lol. atm i have about 20 clonidine left it normally helps a little

Its weird. After my last withdrawal. Was cold turkey methadone and alcohol combined (was taking methadone for like 7 months). Worst withdrawal I ever had in my life. Now I can barely feel opiates.

Reminds me of my friend that came off methadone and benzos together. After 2 weeks he went back to the clinic but never felt the dose. Went up to 150mg and still never felt it and just stopped one day. No withdrawal he claimed.

Withdrawaling off hard shit can certainly traumatize you to another level. Best to never take that stuff again.

Just be happy you didn't take it for years and years. Those dudes are fucked!

well thats thing tbh lol i got addicted to methadone in early 2015 and i got on the clinic for years and quit clinic 2018 but i was then getting it from a source

so i was fully addicted to methadone for a little over 5 years before i decided it was time tog et clean. i wanted to be clean after my first year but i heard tons horror stories that takes months to feel normal again and brutal withdrawal so it scared me from ever trying to get off i finally made the jump after 4th july this year since i got insurance this year i took advantage

so being on it for so long then quitting randomly for 5 months basically and just randomly did it recently

tbh i did do oxys occasionally after my 3 month mark like once week or 2 max id do them on weekends didnt have withdrawal from them but id feel kinda crappy for few days after but id not called it withdrawal but the last 2 weeks not gonna lie i got the flu and was weak as fuck and i was given a good bit so i took them daily for a good 9 days or so then when they ran out thats when i started the methadone for the 4 days tbh my brain feels foggy as fuck tbh and cant even fully remember that time if i was normally id never have made such a wreckless choice

part of me wants to think maybe i felling bad due to taking the oxys for those days straight non stop but that was what 8 days ago at last dose id think it would bene out system by now

i hope i not annoying you tbh my brains been very blury lately u came off methadone before so i sure u also experienced what they call brain fog which iv had for good bit but my god dude.. last 2.5 weeks when i went on my over all bender has had me all fucked up mentally