• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids am i in full blown methadone withdrawal again?

After acute withdrawal from long-term use, it takes people roughly 1-2 years assuming you got a healthy diet with vitamin and mineral supplements plus sleep which most people find hard to sleep again for a long time.

It depends on the person and how long you were using and how young&healthy you are + how healthy your lifestyle is.

There are plenty of people who have posted about similar problems you're describing on here due to PAWS have you done a lot of reading about it before ruling it out as a cause?
would promethazine help with the sleep promethazine seems to effect me very strongly I honestly prefer it over benzos

would promethazine help with the sleep promethazine seems to effect me very strongly I honestly prefer it over benzos
Yeah it's an anti-histamine if recall correctly which all have a sedating effect with the benefit of no physical dependence or tolerance increase that Benzos will cause to occur.

After acute withdrawal from long-term use, it takes people roughly 1-2 years assuming you got a healthy diet with vitamin and mineral supplements plus sleep which most people find hard to sleep again for a long time.

It depends on the person and how long you were using and how young&healthy you are + how healthy your lifestyle is.

There are plenty of people who have posted about similar problems you're describing on here due to PAWS have you done a lot of reading about it before ruling it out as a cause?

well i just found it a bit strange that it would come on hard after my week long use used friday its wednesday night now i feel brain fogs increased quite a bit maybe due to me mentally fucking myself fearing the worse of having to go back to 0 all over again

but im starting to believe it may be paws? as well? july 6th was when i got clean took me till 4 months for 90% of my withdrawal symptoms to go away

i normally live a very healthy life style eat very clean 29 years old so hoping that helps to speed up the process .i got my hands on some 0.5 klonipin pills to help my crazy anxiety i started to have which has helped me i think in 3 days im gonna quit it cause then 9 days will have past and i should hopefully be over this small withdraw period

july 6th i got off methadone i ct at a very high dose and was doin ok not 100% i have a question i actually re lapsed and took methadone for 4 days in a row and went 4 days without it then last night i took it once more and today i was fine earlier in the day but all sudden i started freakin out havin almost panic attacks crying ect i did not feel like this when i was in my methadone withdrawal in the past like i cant stop pacing atm and if eel its way to early for me to even have withdrawal since i dosed 24 hours ago

im really hoping its a mental thing and im mind fucking myself cause i got quite scared fearing it sometimes you just feel really bad mentally for like a week after doing a drug so im hoping to jesus christ thats what im going though and i didnt reset myself back to july 6th

i really need some xanax atm i feel t calm me down guess im having ptsd from my original time spend with withdrawal?

i know this is crazy rambling but i do feel that i might be lucky given how atm i have energy to pace around normally when i was in withdrawal i didnt even wana get out of bed so could i just e having insane anxiety fearing the worst?
I have been taking 100mg of methadone while in treatment and I hadn't gone to dose yet, about 30hrs since last dose and I went into full blown panic that sounds similar to your experience. I was pacing, heart racing, horrible anxiety so I got in the car to go to the clinic, literally sobbing the entire way. I almost had to pull over I was panicking too much to drive. But obviously getting there was more important than safety. Anyway as soon as I had the dose I felt calmer but still needed 20min in the car to stop crying and feeling panicked. I mean even just getting to the clinic I felt calmer, it was extremely similar to the feeling of having heroin in your hand.... even though you are still in withdrawal and still need to get the shot in you just having the drugs makes all the symptoms less intense. Obviously that is the mental component, the intense desperation to feel okay and terror of not having it. So I wonder if this is something that happens with methadone specifically, I know that since it has the longer half life the withdrawal begins many hours later than they would with other opiates.... but I didn't have any mild symptoms like yawning and tearing up as a warning just sudden and intense anxiety, emotional, feeling like having a panic attack, but not the other physical symptoms. I have had this happen 2 or 3 more times but never as extreme or happening so suddenly, I felt completely fine one minute and panic attack the next, just that first time.

I am definitely not looking forward to getting off the methadone but I am also incredibly grateful to be off heroin and IV drug use, which wouldn't be possible without it. I'm hoping you didn't have to start at the beginning again, I know how frustrating that feels since I would make it 3/4 through withdrawal just to give in too many times to count. Just throwing away the week of agony by using again. Addiction is crazy like that.

I have been taking 100mg of methadone while in treatment and I hadn't gone to dose yet, about 30hrs since last dose and I went into full blown panic that sounds similar to your experience. I was pacing, heart racing, horrible anxiety so I got in the car to go to the clinic, literally sobbing the entire way. I almost had to pull over I was panicking too much to drive. But obviously getting there was more important than safety. Anyway as soon as I had the dose I felt calmer but still needed 20min in the car to stop crying and feeling panicked. I mean even just getting to the clinic I felt calmer, it was extremely similar to the feeling of having heroin in your hand.... even though you are still in withdrawal and still need to get the shot in you just having the drugs makes all the symptoms less intense. Obviously that is the mental component, the intense desperation to feel okay and terror of not having it. So I wonder if this is something that happens with methadone specifically, I know that since it has the longer half life the withdrawal begins many hours later than they would with other opiates.... but I didn't have any mild symptoms like yawning and tearing up as a warning just sudden and intense anxiety, emotional, feeling like having a panic attack, but not the other physical symptoms. I have had this happen 2 or 3 more times but never as extreme or happening so suddenly, I felt completely fine one minute and panic attack the next, just that first time.

I am definitely not looking forward to getting off the methadone but I am also incredibly grateful to be off heroin and IV drug use, which wouldn't be possible without it. I'm hoping you didn't have to start at the beginning again, I know how frustrating that feels since I would make it 3/4 through withdrawal just to give in too many times to count. Just throwing away the week of agony by using again. Addiction is crazy like that.
yeah tbh i lost my mind for months I last used methadone dec of 2020. i think what really hit me hard though was the fact i first got off ct july of 2020 then 4 months in i relapsed for a week and knew i fucked myself and all that suffering was for nothing and would have to repeat the whole process all over again. methadone was my doc as well so i was for sure mentally addicted not just physically not sure if that made it worse for me.

im still dealing with bad paws gonna give it another year and see how i feel.

the weird part is as is aid i feel like its horrible anxiety i never had restlessness when i was in withdrawal and now feel like gotta stay moving its weird which makes me think its mental thing

Huh, that's weird you never had restlessness when coming off the high dose, for me I always get horrific restlessness from opiate withdrawal.

Sadly, 4 days is more than enough to get withdrawal again. Due to the kindling effect, it is easier and easier to get dependent on an addictive drug again after you've already been dependent before. The withdrawals also get worse and worse. Even when I was off opiates for 5 whole years without any relapses at all (after 10 years of heavy addiction), I started to get withdrawals again after I did relapse very fast. Even 2 days in a row will give me some withdrawals now, and it doesn't matter how long I take a break for.

It's not all for nothing though, 4 days of relapse at 40mg will be easier to get through (mostly shorter) than your original coming off. Also all of our experiences are worthwhile, the more experience you have dealing with withdrawals and getting through them, the more you realize you can do it again.

Huh, that's weird you never had restlessness when coming off the high dose, for me I always get horrific restlessness from opiate withdrawal.

Sadly, 4 days is more than enough to get withdrawal again. Due to the kindling effect, it is easier and easier to get dependent on an addictive drug again after you've already been dependent before. The withdrawals also get worse and worse. Even when I was off opiates for 5 whole years without any relapses at all (after 10 years of heavy addiction), I started to get withdrawals again after I did relapse very fast. Even 2 days in a row will give me some withdrawals now, and it doesn't matter how long I take a break for.

It's not all for nothing though, 4 days of relapse at 40mg will be easier to get through (mostly shorter) than your original coming off. Also all of our experiences are worthwhile, the more experience you have dealing with withdrawals and getting through them, the more you realize you can do it again.

looking back i did lol. tbh it was my first real withdrawal was methadone withdrawal. id have to say that yes my second time withdrawling was much worse. which is why i fear even taking an asprin today lol. i dont drink or do anything trying to get my brain to come back to normal. i do take trazodone for sleep 50 mg and started an anti depressant 2 months ago.

i did take kratom and a few pain pills during my first 3 months to try to help me, but haven't touched anything else since 14 months off methadone so far.