• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids am i in full blown methadone withdrawal again?

No not annoying.

Now it makes more sense.There is all kinds of stuff going on here with acute and post acute withdrawal.

So lots of opiate withdrawal damages you man. It gets worse and worse the older you get. And more times you withdrawal. You just need to stop and let your brain heal is all. Whatever it takes you just have to do it, or else it will never end. No drugs, no alcohol.

You need to eat good, and exercise. With time. That is the only path to feeling good, not more drugs.

Some people like feeling like a zombie on that methadone. I hate that stuff. Took it out of desperation and fear. Doesn't help your brain I know that much. Will help you stabilize and get off short actings. Past that it just ruins your brain.

I noticed many people that took it for years have lots of issues. With cravings and withdrawals trying to get off. Like they went through so many years of drinking that shit, living without it is not possible. Probably since it jacked their brain up. Since you had that much clean time, you can do it again I am sure.

Opiate addiction is one of the hardest things to beat. Very few can beat it. But its really very simple. Accept you fucked yourself and now its time to pay the debt. It will go away, I promise.

No not annoying.

Now it makes more sense.There is all kinds of stuff going on here with acute and post acute withdrawal.

So lots of opiate withdrawal damages you man. It gets worse and worse the older you get. And more times you withdrawal. You just need to stop and let your brain heal is all. Whatever it takes you just have to do it, or else it will never end. No drugs, no alcohol.

You need to eat good, and exercise. With time. That is the only path to feeling good, not more drugs.

Some people like feeling like a zombie on that methadone. I hate that stuff. Took it out of desperation and fear. Doesn't help your brain I know that much. Will help you stabilize and get off short actings. Past that it just ruins your brain.

I noticed many people that took it for years have lots of issues. With cravings and withdrawals trying to get off. Like they went through so many years of drinking that shit, living without it is not possible. Probably since it jacked their brain up. Since you had that much clean time, you can do it again I am sure.

Opiate addiction is one of the hardest things to beat. Very few can beat it. But its really very simple. Accept you fucked yourself and now its time to pay the debt. It will go away, I promise.

so given what said u think i am in full blown withdrawal?

its weird man i was a professional ma fighter before my career got fuked had back injury 2 herinated disk in back didnt have insurance t get it fixe so started self medicating with methadone then got to point i was hooked 2015

it so strange that i took it yesterday and it didnt help me feel better when normally if im in bad withdrawal it goes away after i dose lol

the methadone bran fog has fucked with me bad but holy shit dude.. these last 2 weeks iv been a zombie

it sucks man cause i got clean t fight again and eventualy open a gym again i had a gym in 2016 2017 but methadone honestly made me feel so weak all the time this i quit it killed my t levels and i gained over 50 pounds

im 29 atm so still young

i feel ill be ok if after week or 2 if t sets me back just a few months ill deal with it but if it sets me back to the very beginnng then yeah im totally fuked

given it been 5 months since i came off i really hope it wont shut me back to 0 again cause idk if i can do all that again tbh

No. Some withdrawal, yes. Are your eyes watering / yawning?

Do you have a fever?

If no/ no. Just a mild withdrawal / post withdrawal with some serious anxiety imo. Especially since you say taking 30mg did nothing. 30mg does nothing to me either.

I know what you mean about the brain fog. I felt methadone was making me stupid too. Coming off you are even more stupid. On that stuff you are like a zombie with no feelings. Coming off you are likea tweaker and can't sleep for weeks. Best to stay away from that stuff As I mentioned the people I know that have been on it for so many years are literally scared shitless of missing a dose. This last clinic I was at, this lady lost her sunday take home and she literally had a full blown panic attack in the parking lot. They called the ambulance since she was in such bad shape. Turns out it was in her pocket the whole time. Stuff makes you stupid :)

Oh, the other thing. I did some dope like a week and a half ago. I felt like it put me into withdrawal right away. RLS came and all. It was all in my head I am sure. My brain is just traumatized from withdrawal.

Gonna find me some better dope next week and try it.

No. Some withdrawal, yes. Are your eyes watering / yawning?

Do you have a fever?

If no/ no. Just a mild withdrawal / post withdrawal with some serious anxiety imo. Especially since you say taking 30mg did nothing. 30mg does nothing to me either.

I know what you mean about the brain fog. I felt methadone was making me stupid too. Coming off you are even more stupid. On that stuff you are like a zombie with no feelings. Coming off you are likea tweaker and can't sleep for weeks. Best to stay away from that stuff As I mentioned the people I know that have been on it for so many years are literally scared shitless of missing a dose. This last clinic I was at, this lady lost her sunday take home and she literally had a full blown panic attack in the parking lot. They called the ambulance since she was in such bad shape. Turns out it was in her pocket the whole time. Stuff makes you stupid :)

Oh, the other thing. I did some dope like a week and a half ago. I felt like it put me into withdrawal right away. RLS came and all. It was all in my head I am sure. My brain is just traumatized from withdrawal.

Gonna find me some better dope next week and try it.

no my symptoms during my meth withdrawal at first i had diarehhia after 5 days which tbh lasted almost all way till now lol

teary eyes started after few days no restless legs no shaking just a total lack of energy and insomnia and insane sweating of my hands and feat l didnt sweat elsewhere but my hands and feat always sweatig like crazy

i have not experienced any of that so far which is strange to me the anxiety im feeling is very very uncomfortable took 2 trazodones and still cannot sleep

again in the past if i ever went 1 t 2 days without methadone as soon as i dosed i felt great/fine fact took it yesterday and still feel like shit scares me .

i havent had much stress tbh but i did scare self once realize how much i was taking honestly and guess fact that if ear being addicted again is doing crazy mind games to me

not gonna lie i had some methadone in hand like weeks ago thinking about taking it and i was shaking all over feared of what it can do to me so maybe t is good 70% mental but unfortunately knowing that doesnt change way i feel as long as it wont persist for months

well it isnt that iv developed high tolerance id say cause again those 4 days i only took 40 then yesterday did 30 i think it got me high before yesterday but then yesterday happened and brains out of wack like i could feel it but was not enjoyable at all tbh

if its in head as us aid since methadone i said i have taken some oxys at times on weekends and id feel like wihdrawal for few days then it goes away lol i told myself 6 days and that was it and yes that was it as far as withdrawal but now its weird lol i didnt have this type anxiety usually id just have some minor sweats on my legs id go take shower ad that was end of it this is the scary part over all tbh

You may have heard this one. But its like a tale in the clinic system.

This was back in the 80's / 90's. There was this kid on methadone. He was on a blind taper. He went into dose one day and the nurse told him that you haven't taken methadone in 2 weeks. He immediately went into withdrawal and was demanding methadone.

Who knows if its true. The shit is very mental. Especially when we zone in on the symptoms. And when you get some weeks off it you sometimes forget and feel just fine. But then being alone in your own head will make you sick again. Especially laying down in a silent room you can hear your heart beating even, and then you think withdrawal is coming back again. Total mind fuck.

I never been on any anti depressants or any pills for that matter. Aside some benzos here and there for fun. Never even took a sleeping pill. (well did take lots of rolls when I was younger, but was fine after). So know I'm not crazy by default. Withdrawal is what makes you crazy. Its the repeated heroin and methadone withdrawals that did me in. Been in withdrawal more days than I have been high over the past 20 years.

Best is to just stay clean and get your health back. Then get your strength back and resume some type of mma if you can. Daily drugs are bad news (especially cns depressants).

Try some weed if you can handle it. There is no way I would be able to stop opiates if I had methadone sitting in the house always. Oddly bupe can sit here all day since that drug is pointless. But if my roommate were to break out methadone, I would definitely take some.

Weed will help curb cravings. And literally the only thing you can do without consequences. For a while it was just weed and beer after stopping 8 years of opiates. But the opiates came back after some time. All that drinking leads to bad choices.

Meditation / Deep breathing will really help curb the anxiety too.

Really you probably just need a week or so 100% drug free to get back on track. And rather hear you took a few weeks clean then ate some oxy instead of drinking methadone. That methadone is some serious drugs man. The nazis made that stuff. Wonder how many soldiers died in methadone withdrawal while freezing to death marching through russia?

Its no life to live being dependent on some drug. But the only way to the other side is to stop for some time.

I never felt kratom either by the way. Once you are used to hard opiates Have tried it tons, with plenty of clean time. Always ended up nauseated to hell. Pointless since a bag of dope and a xanax bar is1/3rd of the price and get 100000x higher that way. This experience is common. Tried them all. Head shop, corner shop, online. Nothing but nausea and speedy feelings.

Good luck.

Last edited:
You may have heard this one. But its like a tale in the clinic system.

This was back in the 80's / 90's. There was this kid on methadone. He was on a blind taper. He went into dose one day and the nurse told him that you haven't taken methadone in 2 weeks. He immediately went into withdrawal and was demanding methadone.

Who knows if its true. The shit is very mental. Especially when we zone in on the symptoms. And when you get some weeks off it you sometimes forget and feel just fine. But then being alone in your own head will make you sick again. Especially laying down in a silent room you can hear your heart beating even, and then you think withdrawal is coming back again. Total mind fuck.

I never been on any anti depressants or any pills for that matter. Aside some benzos here and there for fun. Never even took a sleeping pill. (well did take lots of rolls when I was younger, but was fine after). So know I'm not crazy by default. Withdrawal is what makes you crazy. Its the repeated heroin and methadone withdrawals that did me in. Been in withdrawal more days than I have been high over the past 20 years.

Best is to just stay clean and get your health back. Then get your strength back and resume some type of mma if you can. Daily drugs are bad news (especially cns depressants).
yeah iv heard similar stories

well good thing is id feel confident after say 2 weeks as i said earler i give myself less time well thats good part for me

and tru atm im lucky t not have t work right now so i basically train only at night 4 days a week atm as im still not in great shape so baby steps even still after all this time and yeah layin down in bed drives me mad shit it gave me issues in past but now its a super huge problem id say for me atm if that makes sense so yeah i was doin well with diet and training again

Try some weed if you can handle it. There is no way I would be able to stop opiates if I had methadone sitting in the house always. Oddly bupe can sit here all day since that drug is pointless. But if my roommate were to break out methadone, I would definitely take some.

Weed will help curb cravings. And literally the only thing you can do without consequences. For a while it was just weed and beer after stopping 8 years of opiates. But the opiates came back after some time. All that drinking leads to bad choices.

Meditation / Deep breathing will really help curb the anxiety too.

Really you probably just need a week or so 100% drug free to get back on track. And rather hear you took a few weeks clean then ate some oxy instead of drinking methadone. That methadone is some serious drugs man. The nazis made that stuff. Wonder how many soldiers died in methadone withdrawal while freezing to death marching through russia?

Its no life to live being dependent on some drug. But the only way to the other side is to stop for some time.

Good luck.

yeah my cousin/roomate is on it it legit sits in the fridge lol. He has stashes of it. i feared even touching it at first man but lately got more confident i for months just ignored it or was to scared t take it knowing/fearing withdrawal

weed actually makes me have worse anxiety sadly do i dont touch it if im feelin withdrawal

dorry im losing quality in my post 2 trazodone is kickin my ass atm trying t stay awake lol

For me right now, that is how I am with beer. Beer in the fridge daily. But scared to touch it. But to be honest now I see how my roommate acts, and friends act when they are over drinking. Like a bunch of brain dead idiots. Repeating the same shit over and shit. Its like dude...you JUST said that 10 minutes ago. Yelling all loud at 10pm like we are in a club. I don't even really hang out with them any longer. Just stay in my room, or sleep at my girlfriends.

Gonna be strange going back to work since they are all drunks too.

They all smell like shit too. Can't stand that beer smell now.

No thank you.

Now opiates, a bit different. If there were take homes in the fridge would probably take a syringe and suck a few mg from each one. And then save up enough until I had a nice dose. Would be fucked up since have trouble sleeping. Wouldn't be able to do it. Would have to tell him that he needs to keep it out of my sight.Then again anyone that knows me would know better to leave opiates laying around lol.

But yeah, baby steps. You can't expect to reverse your life overnight. Takes time. Sounds like you are in better shape than you think. You are basically clean. Once you get a few days clean your confidence will build as you said and your mind will stop playing tricks with you.

I hear you on the weed. Doesn't work for everyone.

Have you tried kava? Haven't myself actually, but hear lots of good stuff about it. No withdrawal from it. L-theanine is good too. Works really good to help you sleep. Gonna try some kava soon, just waiting a bit more since only started to feel better these past 2 weeks myself.

Last edited:
For me right now, that is how I am with beer. Beer in the fridge daily. But scared to touch it. But to be honest now I see how my roommate acts, and friends act when they are over drinking. Like a bunch of brain dead idiots. Repeating the same shit over and shit. Its like dude...you JUST said that 10 minutes ago. Yelling all loud at 10pm like we are in a club. I don't even really hang out with them any longer. Just stay in my room, or sleep at my girlfriends.

Gonna be strange going back to work since they are all drunks too.

They all smell like shit too. Can't stand that beer smell now.

No thank you.

Now opiates, a bit different. If there were take homes in the fridge would probably take a syringe and suck a few mg from each one. And then save up enough until I had a nice dose. Would be fucked up since have trouble sleeping. Wouldn't be able to do it. Would have to tell him that he needs to keep it out of my sight.Then again anyone that knows me would know better to leave opiates laying around lol.

But yeah, baby steps. You can't expect to reverse your life overnight. Takes time. Sounds like you are in better shape than you think. You are basically clean. Once you get a few days clean your confidence will build as you said and your mind will stop playing tricks with you.

I hear you on the weed. Doesn't work for everyone.

Have you tried kava? Haven't myself actually, but hear lots of good stuff about it. No withdrawal from it. L-theanine is good too. Works really good to help you sleep. Gonna try some kava soon, just waiting a bit more since only started to feel better these past 2 weeks myself.

luckly i never messed with alcohol it makes me feel sick tbh i just got some klonipin 17 0.5's i feel taking them for like 9 days will do me ok feeling better but still feeling bit strange really excited if im gonna be ok

I think it's painfully obvious u are experiencing PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal) that can last years easily from long-term daily use of Opioids.

There things u can to help it and there r plenty of threads on Bluelight to read that have advice on how to help get through it until u feel better.

PAWS is what makes everyone relapse.

I think it's painfully obvious u are experiencing PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal) that can last years easily from long-term daily use of Opioids.

There things u can to help it and there r plenty of threads on Bluelight to read that have advice on how to help get through it until u feel better.

PAWS is what makes everyone relapse.
ehh but i got off july 6th and i only feel it after i went n a week bender? tbh i do feel iv been in paws given fact its hard t find pleasure in things and i legit feel like im retarded now my brain is very slow to process certain things now which is very dangerous i feel

ehh but i got off july 6th and i only feel it after i went n a week bender? tbh i do feel iv been in paws given fact its hard t find pleasure in things and i legit feel like im retarded now my brain is very slow to process certain things now which is very dangerous i feel
you need to keep yourself busy and not let it control you mate I know its the last thing you want to hear but go for a walk put some beats on or it will be harder then it should be

What you mean brother?

The OP having strange symptoms out of the blue.

I am pretty convinced waayyyy more people have covid that reported (only if you got tested does a positive case happen). And that a large amount of the population really doesn't get the typical symptoms.

COVID-19 does appear to affect brain function in some people. Specific neurological symptoms seen in people with COVID-19 include loss of smell, inability to taste, muscle weakness, tingling or numbness in the hands and feet, dizziness, confusion, delirium, seizures, and stroke.

The OP having strange symptoms out of the blue.

I am pretty convinced waayyyy more people have covid that reported (only if you got tested does a positive case happen). And that a large amount of the population really doesn't get the typical symptoms.

COVID-19 does appear to affect brain function in some people. Specific neurological symptoms seen in people with COVID-19 include loss of smell, inability to taste, muscle weakness, tingling or numbness in the hands and feet, dizziness, confusion, delirium, seizures, and stroke.

Interesting argument here. I suppose you are saying some people may only experience the neurological symptoms of COVID-19. Now that would be some weird shit. COVID-19 is associated with psychiatric disorders as well. Would be interesting if a whole generation of younger people succumb to COVID-19 associated psychiatric decline. What a bizarre time to be alive.

cant say i lost my taste yet i last used it n friday night now wednesday i feel i might beat it if it is full withdrawal since it does take methadone a few days before u go into withdrawal fully

mild sweats ect severe brain fog but i had before but is even worse now i feel what im dealin with atm is much more of a mental thing than a physical

After acute withdrawal from long-term use, it takes people roughly 1-2 years assuming you got a healthy diet with vitamin and mineral supplements plus sleep which most people find hard to sleep again for a long time.

It depends on the person and how long you were using and how young&healthy you are + how healthy your lifestyle is.

There are plenty of people who have posted about similar problems you're describing on here due to PAWS have you done a lot of reading about it before ruling it out as a cause?