• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Am I a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of the human race as a corporation.
The people running that corporation cannot insist that they know exactly what should be done to run it more efficiently.
Staff can, however, make observations about how other staff are behaving and advise them to behave differently... for the sake of efficiency.

Insightful........

FEA said:
1. How?

It's easy. Try it.

Ok smartass ?☺you know what I mean

2. Why? said:
Because this thread literally demands it: read the title.

Dude you know I am talking about in context of someone who doesn't believe an absolute right and wrong exist. Nice obfuscating my position tho.

There may or may not be an objective right and wrong.

So couldn't it also be said that it may or may not be right/wrong to be homophobic?

FEA said:
, either way, there is our own sense of right and wrong.
We live by that, whatever it is.
We raise our children with it.

Yes, we have this thing called a conscience.
It's not imaginary. It's there for a reason.
I'm just playing devils advocate, I believe in moral absolutes.

Fea said:
somebody asks our opinion, we state our opinion.
What do you want us to do? Say nothing?

Who's telling you to hold back your opinion my man? I'm just questioning what makes your opinion any more valid than mine

spacejunk said:
Methamaniac - whether you are 'on topic'/'off topic' - i really wasn't talking about that. I said i was bored with the circular reasoning and pedantic nonsense being spouted as if it were genuine debate.Take that as you will

I know what you meant and I don't think it was me you were necessarily "tired of".
I can't speak for the rest of the folks posts, but I was/am not implementing or relying on circular reasoning. And I do not enjoy taugtological arguments.

spacejunk said:
you seem to be approaching this interaction with too many preconceptions to take what anyone has to say onboard.

How so? You seem to like making claims that have no foundation.

Spacejunk said:
"Is it absolutely wrong to be homophobic?"
In posting on bluelight, yes. There are other forums where expressing prejudice is not against the user agreement.

But is it absolutely wrong to believe homosexuality is wrong? Is a consensus of people agreeing something is right or wrong the deciding factor of what is ultimately right or wrong?

Ugh... This is hopeless.

Then stop replying and disengage yourself from the converation. I have zero power to make you read my post or reply to my comments.

fea said:
think one of the moderators should delete this thread, or - at least - snip it back to before you started contributing.

Well that's your opinion and your entitled to it even tho it is wrong ?
I haven't said anything to have any of my posts deleted, and I will raise immortal hell if they are.
Not that it would make a difference.......

Fea said:
I'll take the nsfw tags off, in a couple of seconds.

Don't bother if it's off topic. You can pm anytime I am happy to conversate with you there.

FEA said:
Nobody wants to discuss this with you.
What you're saying isn't remotely interesting.
You may think it is, but it isn't.

Again your opinion, how in the hell do you know what everyone on this forum wants to discuss?
In fairness, I'm asking hard questions so I didn't expect a lot of responses.

FEA said:
You're being childish

That's rich based on some of your commments

Then stop replying and disengage yourself from the converation.

I deleted all my posts.
Apologies if I said anything insulting.
I find you to be very frustrating, sometimes.
You're doing what you did in the evolution thread.
Your questions have been answered repeatedly... But, you're not listening.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm going to shut this; its massively off-topic now and not really going anywhere. Sorry... I should add that I do appreciate you guys going back and tidying it up. Thanks :)

I might try and clean it up and reopen though if anyone is interested. Please PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.