• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Am I a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't discriminate against gays. I respect their choice to live their lifestyle.

What part is "destructive"? The part where I support the freedom of christians and gays as equals?

The sum total of your posts here do not support these statements. Anyway, I don't really have anything else to say about it, I've said what I thought I should say to you about this already, with a few things I probably shouldn't have said mixed in. Sorry for those.

If this is still about racism and discrimination, why can't we close this thread out instead of encouraging those easily influenced that it is ok?

Personally, I think its really important that views like psychedelicsoul's are challenged.

Agreed. It doesn't help to just sweep shit under the rug.
Censoring homophobia doesn't make it go away.

Personally, I think its really important that views like psychedelicsoul's are challenged.

Would you say that any particular view of psychedelicsoul is absolutely wrong in respect to morality?
Didn't you say something along the lines of -
the beauty of freedom of choice is you can't make a wrong one?

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean.....
I'm just saying by his own logic PS's views are correct and therefore do not need to be challenged.

Nope. You're putting words in his mouth.

Not at all, I posed a question to him. He can reply with any words he likes.

I was referring to his own words from a reply he had in another thread:

Willow said:
See, the fear is based on freedom; so many choices! But you can't make the wrong one, which is a relief

PS has the freedom to choose his views, and by willow's logic- it only seems logical to me- that PS's views do not need to be disputed or opposed.

What if one chooses to challenge this crap?
Circular reasoning. Getting pretty tiresome.

There is no "right" or "wrong" choice.
PS is free to express himself and so are we.

You're better than this, meth.

I don't know what you are trying to imply by "you are better than this". Better than what? Compared to what? What exactly have I done wrong?
Have I made a wrong choice? I'm confused......

Spacejunk/FEA said:
Getting pretty tiresome

Would either of you care to point out what you are tired of?
And more importantly why I should care?

Btw, I just posted in this thread for the first time at the end of the last page.

You're being childish.

Actually I'm not..... but if I was- is
there something wrong with an adult choosing to act like a child?

The OP stated :
psychedelicsoul said:
I made this thread with the intent of asking whether ones thoughts, feelings, or persepective can be harmful to others, even if it's not directly any of their business.
I wondered if pro-gay people see the position that homosexuality is wrong to be inherently harmful

I'm on topic with respect. I also posed a legit question and it wasn't directed at either of the two.
So I ask again, what have I done wrong?

Not at all, I posed a question to him. He can reply with any words he likes.

I was referring to his own words from a reply he had in another thread:

PS has the freedom to choose his views, and by willow's logic- it only seems logical to me- that PS's views do not need to be disputed or opposed.

That's a weird application of logic. Yeah, I did talk about freedom of choice. I think that psychedelicsoul has the right to his views, and that those who do not agree with them also deserve a place to counter them. So I don't want to close this thread, despite the fact that I find it distasteful, laborious and overwhelmingly negative.

Please be fair and don't try and bring in statements I have made in other topics and misapply them here as a way of logically tripping me up. I could do the same to you, and it would be dishonest and unfair.

That's a weird application of logic. Yeah, I did talk about freedom of choice. I think that psychedelicsoul has the right to his views, and that those who do not agree with them also deserve a place to counter them. So I don't want to close this thread, despite the fact that I find it distasteful, laborious and overwhelmingly negative.

Please be fair and don't try and bring in statements I have made in other topics and misapply them here as a way of logically tripping me up. I could do the same to you, and it would be dishonest and unfair.

I'm not trying to trip you up. If I misrepresented your views my sincerest apologies and please correct me. You said you can't make a wrong choice.
If you're going to imply I am being dishonest please take the time to fully explain how I misapplied or took your words out of context.
Again, I posed a question, giving you every opportunity to correct any faulty logic on my part.

I was only posing a question as to understand your logic. Allow me to try another way......
Do you feel your view on homosexuality is right and PS's view is wrong? If so, what makes your judgement superior? What makes your view
( anyone's) view more valid than another?

You shut down another thread by PS on subjective/objective beauty. Did he do something wrong in that thread? Why did PS lose "the right to his views" in that thread?
For the record, I am not saying I agreee with his views or everything he has said. Just pointing out what I see as inconsistency. I don't mean this as an attack on you ( apologies if it comes across that way) I am just expressing my views on censorship as well as playing with the idea of moral absolutes.

1.Pedantry masquerading as discussion.
2.No.

I already explained how I am/was on topic.
Care to give a rebuttal to my explanation?
Didn't think so......

Last edited:
^I'm not playing. :) I don't ultimately care about the rightness and wrongness of a persons opinion because I don't beleive such an assesment can be honestly made. For me, I disagree with his views on homosexuality. I'm not talking about whether they are right or wrong, just my opinion of them.

I shut his thread down because it was fucking sexist bullshit. :\ He is a self-confessed troll, who is currently banned but still trolling us :D I support freedom of expression, but bluelight has rules that I agreed to follow. Don't forget, Bluelight does not support freedom of expression or people power. I am following the instructions I have; that has nothing to do with whether I agree with these instructions. I would rather people say what they wanted, but Bluelight would not survive in a pleasant form for long.

^I'm not playing. :) I don't ultimately care about the rightness and wrongness of a persons opinion because I don't beleive such an assesment can be honestly made. For me, I disagree with his views on homosexuality. I'm not talking about whether they are right or wrong, just my opinion of them.

I shut his thread down because it was fucking sexist bullshit. :\ He is a self-confessed troll, who is currently banned but still trolling us :D I support freedom of expression, but bluelight has rules that I agreed to follow. Don't forget, Bluelight does not support freedom of expression or people power. I am following the instructions I have; that has nothing to do with whether I agree with these instructions. I would rather people say what they wanted, but Bluelight would not survive in a pleasant form for long.

Willow, it honestly wasn't my intention to make you look bad or like you were hypocritical.
I understand bluelight has rules and you inforce them. I just don't see how this thread is any worse than the one shut down......
But I digress.......
I am sincerely interested in your views on morality. I can make another thread, but this thread directly relates. You said "sexist bullshit" --does that not imply that it is absolutely wrong to be sexist?
Is it absolutely wrong to be homophobic?
See where I am getting at? The OP has a point in respect to this. If one doesn't believe an
assessment can honestly be made on what constitutes one thing right and another wrong,
how (or more importantly why) does one pass judgemnet on opinions/others views?

Foreverafter :
I can't open NSFW's from my phone.
You and I were not debating any real issues with respect anyways

Last edited:
Think of the human race as a corporation.
The people running that corporation cannot insist that they know exactly what should be done to run it more efficiently.
Staff can, however, make observations about how other staff are behaving and advise them to behave differently... for the sake of efficiency.

willow's comment - the one you are combating - reads to me, more like a (corporate) open door policy than a closed-door policy.
An open door policy doesn't mean that the janitor can spend all day in the CEO's office, insisting that it is his right to do so.
Because, if for no other reason, that wouldn't be reasonable. (Nor would it be a particularly efficient way to operate.)

Why not take the entire bowl of free candy from the receptionist when the CEO kicks you out?
If she says something about it, you can yell, "It's free, bitch!"

Last edited:
Re: "censorship" - moderators enforcing the agreement we all signed up to upon registering to this forum is not censorship.
We are not the government, or law enforcement - we (mods) are (volunteers on) a harm reduction message board.

Methamaniac - whether you are 'on topic'/'off topic' - i really wasn't talking about that. I said i was bored with the circular reasoning and pedantic nonsense being spouted as if it were genuine debate. Take that as you will; i'm not concerned about explaining myself to you, as you seem to be approaching this interaction with too many preconceptions to take what anyone has to say onboard.

"Is it absolutely wrong to be homophobic?"
In posting on bluelight, yes. There are other forums where expressing prejudice is not against the user agreement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.