• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Am I a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're shifting from what should happen to what does happen.
We're discussing what you think should be, not what is.

I'm asking you: should businesses be free to discriminate against gays?

Your answer doesn't make sense, to me.
I don't really think you're answering the question.

Is holding hands evidence that they're gay?
Is kissing (see: Europe)?

Can you construct a hypothetical situation in which it is okay to discriminate against someone?
Or are you saying it isn't okay?
(You're being slippery.)

Business's should be free to discrimnate against gays. And the reason why is because if the gay person isn't living the gay lifestyle, then they wouldn't have to worry about discrimination in the first place.
I'm arguing that gay people are at fault for thier discrimination, whereas black people aren't.

Have only read the first half page (I know, naughty me)..

But ForEverAfter brings up a valid point. Jesus wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Jesus talks about fornication being wrong. Now a lot of Christians will say that fornication = gay sex but it doesn't.. it means sex outside of marriage. So.. Let gays marry. Sorted.

No it doesn't. Fornication in the greek was an umbrella term for all sexual sins... homosexuality, beastiality, sex outside of marriage, adultry...
Also, that's YOUR interpretation of the bible. What's your point, I'm sure there are more educated christians who believe differently. The bible is anti-gay in the OT, and anti-gay in the NT.

Who cares if Jesus never directly mentioned it. He never mentioned necrophilia, or pedophilia either. If you think the words of his disciples, such as Paul, don't count, then you know nothing of Christianity.

First - Answer ForEverAfter

If you like the words of Paul then I'm assuming you're not a woman?

1 Timothy 2: 9-15 (NASB) says:

Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

1 Corinthians 14:33-35 states: "As in all the churches of the holy one, women should keep silent in the churches, for they are not allowed to speak, but should be subordinate even as the law says. If they want to learn anything, they should ask their husbands at home. For it is improper for a woman to speak in the church."

"But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head. A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man."[1 Cor. 11:3–9]

And well.. Paul also seems to think slavery is ok.. How many do you have or intend to have?

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Source that πορνεία, ας, ἡ translates so acts of sexual immorality outside of writings by religious people please?

You're shifting from what should happen to what does happen.
We're discussing what you think should be, not what is.

I'm asking you: should businesses be free to discriminate against gays?

Your answer doesn't make sense, to me.
I don't really think you're answering the question.

Is holding hands evidence that they're gay?
Is kissing (see: Europe)?

Can you construct a hypothetical situation in which it is okay to discriminate against someone?
Or are you saying it isn't okay?
(You're being slippery.)

Applying definitive characteristics based on technicalities is bordering on Ad Hominem. He expressed observational data to support his own views, which means, the discrimination that does take place, is according to him; Morally right behavior.

On the subject of right and wrong; We perceive morality through practicing spiritual and religious doctrines, which in turn is built on the collective experience of compassion. If compassion is no longer a component in the practice, it is no longer defined as a moral standpoint. The behavioral characteristics of homosexuality is in fact, expressions of love. Love is a mutual experience of compassion linking two minds together, while gender is simply a technical term for the corporeal form of the soul within. If the lesson of the doctrine seems to define love as evil, the practice would be invalid and therefore decadent.

Business's should be free to discrimnate against gays. And the reason why is because if the gay person isn't living the gay lifestyle, then they wouldn't have to worry about discrimination in the first place.
I'm arguing that gay people are at fault for thier discrimination, whereas black people aren't.

The black color is a result of a genetic modification that promotes the production of melanin in the skin.

The identity of homosexuality is a result of genetic modification that guides the neuro-synaptic pathways in the amygdala and hippocampal part of the brain to respond emotionally towards individuals possessing the attribute of being the same gender instead of opposite.

Keep your offensive opinions to yourself. Jesus did not go around offending people for their sins. Do you go around announcing your sins as well? Sex before marriage, lies. you aren't clean. Before pointing out others' sins, take out that log in your own eyes. No one is more perfect than another. A sin is a sin is a sin and we are all guilty of it. If you really get the bible, you will receive the true message--love for all.

sure they are - they could use make-up to cover up their black skin. they really should be trying to make themselves appear white and stop living this ridiculous 'black lifestyle'.

black people are born black and have no choice.
gay people are born gay and have no choice.

yes, op, you're definitely a bad person, imo.

alasdair

You really are a twisted individual. I can see that there's nothing I can say to you about this that you will allow through your fear/hate/pain/superiority complex, at this point in your life anyway. I seriously hope that you see someone and work through this stuff because you'd be a lot happier and better for everyone else in your life too. Your descriptions of your thought processes, early experiences and self-torture, and lack of compassion make me think of a storyline for an emerging psychopath. I'm not saying you are but you come across that way to me. I mean I only know anything about you from what you've chosen to share online, but I have seen nothing but hatred and fear and judgment and mean-spiritedness from you on here. I find your mindset deeply disturbing. I'm not sure if I think being a bad person is something set in stone... I like to think everyone has the capacity and the desire deep down to be a good person, and that sometimes they just get all twisted up because of unfortunately circumstances in their lives. I really want to believe that. But you are behaving like a shitty person. If there were no people like you, the world would be a better place.

sure they are - they could use make-up to cover up their black skin. they really should be trying to make themselves appear white and stop living this ridiculous 'black lifestyle'.

black people are born black and have no choice.
gay people are born gay and have no choice.

yes, op, you're definitely a bad person, imo.

alasdair

That's a silly comparison. Asking black people to change their skin is asking them to do something.
Asking gay people not to engage in their lifestyle is asking them not to do something.

And yes, they have the choice to change. I'm proof of that. If they're not dedicated enough to do it, that's on them.

You really are a twisted individual. I can see that there's nothing I can say to you about this that you will allow through your fear/hate/pain/superiority complex, at this point in your life anyway. I seriously hope that you see someone and work through this stuff because you'd be a lot happier and better for everyone else in your life too. Your descriptions of your thought processes, early experiences and self-torture, and lack of compassion make me think of a storyline for an emerging psychopath. I'm not saying you are but you come across that way to me. I mean I only know anything about you from what you've chosen to share online, but I have seen nothing but hatred and fear and judgment and mean-spiritedness from you on here. I find your mindset deeply disturbing. I'm not sure if I think being a bad person is something set in stone... I like to think everyone has the capacity and the desire deep down to be a good person, and that sometimes they just get all twisted up because of unfortunately circumstances in their lives. I really want to believe that. But you are behaving like a shitty person. If there were no people like you, the world would be a better place.

I only support individuality.
Why do I support suicide? Because the individual chooses to do it, and it solves the problems they wanted to solve. It's the most effective treatment for anything. It's also none of my business.

Why do I support changing ones sexuality? Because if someone tries to change, that means they want to. I support people doing whatever they want without hurting others.

I don't hate anyone. I just refuse to support stripping people of thier freedom. How am I mean spirited for supporting actions that people do to themselves? I'm not hateful against anyone, nor do I judge anyone...

Okay, I judge people that refuse to respect the freedom of others. My mindset is all about people doing whatever they want, for whatever reason they want, without directly harming others.

Implying he possesses the idiosyncrasy of being "shitty" doesn't really have a compassionate tone to it, moral authority is achieved when you make everyone happy regardless of position on any subject, so transcend your position in the ladder of morality. Then the karmaic results would gradually make the world a better place.

Implying he possesses the idiosyncrasy of being "shitty" doesn't really have a compassionate tone to it, moral authority is achieved when you make everyone happy regardless of position on any subject, so transcend your position in the ladder of morality. Then the karmaic results would gradually make the world a better place.

You know what would make the world a better place? If people of different backgrounds and beliefs left each other alone. You wouldn't have people acting on hate, and nobody would have to compromise their individuality.

In a perfect world, a person should be able to swallow pills in public and lie down on the ground without anyone calling 911. Because they have too much respect for the persons individuality.

If this is still about racism and discrimination, why can't we close this thread out instead of encouraging those easily influenced that it is ok?

If this is still about racism and discrimination, why can't we close this thread out instead of encouraging those easily influenced that it is ok?

"ok" is subjective. People who disapprove of something won't be swayed by my thread.
Plus, this particular thread was originally about my choice to change sexuality.

you demonstrably do not know the meaning of the word.

you talk about hate. you strike me as a hateful person.

alasdair

Explain how I'm hateful

You know what would make the world a better place? If people of different backgrounds and beliefs left each other alone. You wouldn't have people acting on hate, and nobody would have to compromise their individuality.

In a perfect world, a person should be able to swallow pills in public and lie down on the ground without anyone calling 911. Because they have too much respect for the persons individuality.

It is very unfortunate that we don't live in a world where resources and living space is unlimited. So, we have to respect diversity and follow the rules of the generic societal establishment.

It is very unfortunate that we don't live in a world where resources and living space is unlimited. So, we have to respect diversity and follow the rules of the generic societal establishment.

Well, if you respect diversity you should respect the choice of christians to see homosexuality as a sin.

Well, if you respect diversity you should respect the choice of christians to see homosexuality as a sin.

There aren't moral absolutes that applies to every Christian. But I do respect their belief, but from my standpoint and my own religious conviction, it is not something I would like to encourage. For me it's a "sin" or rather bad karma to exercise negative emotions towards other human beings.

You say you think gays should be able to be discriminated against and should get out of the places you live, because they've chosen to act "like stereotypes". So even if it is a choice, and not the result of genetic wiring/hormonal differences, then why is it you don't respect their choice to act that way and live where they want? Aren't everyone's choices equal in importance? Why does your choice to act out against their being able to live like any other people more important than their choice in how they live? Do other things disgust you? Should people not be able to do those things where you live? Should they have less rights or less consideration as people? Where do you draw the line?

I think it's pretty easy to draw the line if you define acceptable behavior as anything that doesn't hurt other people.

Okay, replace the word "shitty" with "destructive". I'm just trying to say he's acting in ways that bring harm to others. I'll admit I'm starting to have a hard time being compassionate towards him though, and there is an amount of anger/disgust involved. Still, my intention is to hopefully be able to get through, either to him or to someone else who might be reading this who might feel the same way. I feel strongly about it so sometimes it's been hard to fully moderate myself in the language I use.

You say you think gays should be able to be discriminated against and should get out of the places you live, because they've chosen to act "like stereotypes". So even if it is a choice, and not the result of genetic wiring/hormonal differences, then why is it you don't respect their choice to act that way and live where they want? Aren't everyone's choices equal in importance? Why does your choice to act out against their being able to live like any other people more important than their choice in how they live? Do other things disgust you? Should people not be able to do those things where you live? Should they have less rights or less consideration as people? Where do you draw the line?

I personally wouldn't discriminate against gays. I respect their choice to live their lifestyle. I respect the choice of religious people not to accommodate that lifestyle. I don't respect gay people who sue small business's for standing on religious principles. But that's about it.

Okay, replace the word "shitty" with "destructive". I'm just trying to say he's acting in ways that bring harm to others. I'll admit I'm starting to have a hard time being compassionate towards him though, and there is an amount of anger/disgust involved. Still, my intention is to hopefully be able to get through, either to him or to someone else who might be reading this who might feel the same way. I feel strongly about it so sometimes it's been hard to fully moderate myself in the language I use.

What part is "destructive"? The part where I support the freedom of christians and gays as equals? Which I do. Or the part where I say suicide is an individuals choice and not the business of the rest of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.