• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

alternative(s) to MDMA that don't deplete 5HT

Yeetbeat

Bluelight Crew
First off, sorry if this is already covered. I tried searching, but I'm on my phone and it's ridiculous.

My question is what are the alternatives to MDMA that aren't serotonin releasers? I'm not particularly familiar with empathogens other than MDMA :( I'm asking this as I've finally found mates who actually enjoy going out clubbing, and have subsequently rediscovered my love for it - along with good old Molly. I'm mostly looking for the massive increase in confidence, sociability, appreciation for music and dancing etc that MDMA itself brings; not the orgasm so much lol

All I've really got in mind so far is 2C-B, but I'm not looking to trip - I've got shrooms for that :)

EDIT: completely irrelevant test. Ignore this, bitches :p

Last edited:
I think 2C-B is very safe drug, and the safest alternative to MDMA.
Shrooms are not good decision for clubbing IMO. I hate the negative effects of MDMA, the comedown from 100mg is f.cking catasthrophic.

Shrooms are not good decision for clubbing IMO. I hate the negative effects of MDMA, the comedown from 100mg is f.cking catasthrophic.

So what do you do then? 2C-B?

Finally someone understands me! :p

2C-B is your best bet really, the body high is comparable to a low dose of good MDMA(although I must say the last time I took it the body high was identical to a 120mg roll, but I haven't rolled in quite a while so take that with a grain of salt). There is also a pronounced empathogenic push, music is tremendously enhanced, the mind state is pretty similar to MDMA and it's generally a 5 hour grinfest. That said, 2C-B is a psychedelic, and although the trip is relatively mild don't go in expecting a roll.

Last edited:
There's no drug same as MDMA which does not release serotonin.
The best candidate is 2C-B, It's trippy, but safer than MDMA.
Also, there was a report on a site that, normal dose 2c-b and 50mg mdma get a good state, almost same as a roll with a low comedown.

There's no drug same as MDMA which does not release serotonin.
The best candidate is 2C-B, It's trippy, but safer than MDMA.
Also, there was a report on a site that, normal dose 2c-b and 50mg mdma get a good state, almost same as a roll with a low comedown.

There's no drug like MDMA period. Doesn't matter if it's a different SRA, a type of stimulant or a psychedelic. Some substances can be equally/more fun, but the only way to have the MDMA experience is to take MDMA. 2C-B is safest and most interesting alternative though.

all entactogens release serotonin. at best you'd find a psychedelic or stimulant with some empathogenic properties, but it's not going to be like mdma.
actually the closest thing i've found to work well as a party drug is amphetamine. it's only a (weak) empathogen at high dosages (when you're not doing it too often), but it does exactly that:
increase in confidence, sociability, appreciation for music and dancing
psychedelics for me are too unpredictable and unsettling to be much fun when clubbing. also they rather make me want to sit/lie down instead of giving me the energy for dancing for hours.

Think the same..
I always compare the drugs when using. First, I think that cocaine was very bad & addictive.
I used first mdma (pill). Thought how can a pill effect your life? It f*ckin did (in a good way)
First 10-15 times, there was no comedown what so ever. It was really nice. Then I learnt mdma abuse causes comedowns and depression.
So I tried cocaine. It was nothing compare to mdma, also not scary, not addictive, just too much heart beats..
I didn't like it so switched to Ketamine, it was good but scared the shit out of me. I always thought that If i had a surgery, they can't make me sleep, cuz my tolerance was high (just used 2-3 times haha).
I tried weed, stoned feeling was too intense for me, just wanted to party. Then I moved back to mdma. Tried to control myself and leave rolling to special nights.
Now, I can't relax on mdma, can't feel the positive effects. Think that it's psychological but If you want to use drugs to party mdma is number one.
You can change the substance but can't expect the same things.

But if you care your serotonin like I do, I will quit using it. Maybe I'm too overprotecting but I feel bad that I ruined my brain functions.
Psychedelics are much more safer than mdma (2c-b lsd).

Maybe try 4fa or 2fma ? I prefer them over normal amphetemines or meth... as long as you dont do multiple re doses the comedown is pretty manageable. I am extremely interested in the apb/mapb's right now, they are perfect for clubbing imo, but you may not like them considering your take on mdma

hahaha funny you say that, some of my best nights out (where I was just out for some fun) were on 4-8g of dried p.cubensis LOL. Admittedly after a couple of hours being bombarded by club house music and ridiculous lighting setups, I usually dropped a 100mg cap and hippy flipped my night away :p but this was a little while back, and shrooms would completely ruin the reason I'm looking to go out clubbing so much more right now :)

I'm hard headed, so 100mg never gave me much except for the first time (everyone's first time haha...bloody 50mg would have you floored :p). I've got access to quality crystal, but 200mg seems to be my sweet spot :( no come down as such, other than the feeling wearing off and just wanting to call it a night eventually. Haven't dipped in the following days as a direct cause of the MDMA, though I have felt somewhat unhappy on a Monday following once. Multiple causes there though, MDMA would've just assisted in feeling crappy :(

Thanks for the advice though guys, looks like 2C-B might be the way to go. Haven't tried it before, so I'll have to see what I can get and give it a run prior to taking it out (only because I've heard reports of it upsetting stomachs etc, don't want that now do we?! :D)

Ultimately I guess I just want a drug I can take a lot more frequently than MDMA without risking serious damage, particularly to my serotonin system. Alas, it's not to be. Oh well :)

Low dose (3-5mg tops) 5-MeO-MiPT is actually quite pleasant and provides a long-lasting "roll" of sorts. Make sure you have someone and some place to safely fuck though. I can't even begin to describe how horny that substance makes me.

But as has been said, you're not going to find a drug that acts as an empathogen that doesn't deplete serotonin.

I actually find mescaline to be a phenomenal empathogen - even moreso than MDMA - but its such a strong psychedelic that the empathogenic effects usually take a backseat.

Really wish there was an easy and safe way to find sources for all these wonderful RCs in Australia lol....damnit. Ironic that I can have someone I hardly know offer me up to an ounce of MDMA (lol fuck that, WAY too much) yet I've never even heard of people selling even the more common RCs around town. Seems 25-x-NBOMe and 2C-x are the only ones floating haha.

I suppose it's a good thing if I find it difficult to source drugs though, right? :p

(3-5mg tops) 5-MeO-MiPT
Make sure you have someone and some place to safely fuck though. I can't even begin to describe how horny that substance makes me.
So this substance doesn't kill your ability to perform the manly job? I don't remember seeing my penis as small as it was the last time I had some MDMA. Luckily it recovered the day after :).
Can you come under the influence of 5MeO-MiPT?

So this substance doesn't kill your ability to perform the manly job? I don't remember seeing my penis as small as it was the last time I had some MDMA. Luckily it recovered the day after :).
Can you come under the influence of 5MeO-MiPT?

It not only doesn't kill it... it makes me hornier than any other substance ever did including mephedrone which would have me spanking the monkey for hours on end (to no avail since it was near impossible to cum due to the vasoconstriction). I actually ended up in bed with both sexes and didn't give a crap with 5-MeO-MiPT. Its insane stuff. And yes, you can cum.

Lol yeah Kat as above :p Molly destroys that pyast of the night for me :(

Me too. I'm horny with MDMA but I can't get hard enough to get off 99% of the time and the other 1% I've had to work so hard my heart feels like its gonna explode when I get off lol.

That being said, thanks to the DESIRED subjective effects of MDMA, no fucks are given (LOLOLOL OH THE PUNS!) whether I actually get laid or not lol. It's like "Nah hun it's not you, you're fucking gorgeous. It's just the drugs have temporarily broken my dick, y'know? Fuck it, just lay naked on top of me. That'll do." bahahaha

Oh well, until such time as I find a way to obtain 5-MeO-MiPT/DiPT without riskily importing it myself, I guess I'll just have to make do with the occasional (and likely too frequent) roll :(

Stay away from 5-MeO-DiPT. Nothing is a bigger turn off than intermittent diarrhea while trying to fuck :p

5-MeO-MiPT is a weird one because its pretty mellow on the body. It has an uneasiness to it like the other 5-methoxy compounds do when you push the dose but micro doses give you a nice psychedelic headspace with no perceivable body load.

^ I REALLY enjoyed Foxy (5-MeO-DiPT). Considering it was featured in playboy as an aphrodisiac, I'd say it's a pretty fucking good choice.

The experience felt VERY much like fake "ecstasy", but at the same time it was entirely too psychedelic for anyone to be fooled into thinking it's MDMA

I have had both and I think that 5-MeO-MiPT is more like a roll. Its definitely a stronger aphrodisiac than even 5-MeO-DiPT was.

I did have some pretty severe issues with the bowels with 5-MeO-DiPT. I'd say it was worse than 5-MeO-AMT even and everyone knows 5-MeO-AMT was bad.

The bowel issues prevented me from getting into the experience. Its possible it was a bad batch but it seems pretty commonly reported so I'm not sure about that. With that said, I spanked it on the toilet... so if you don't end up with bowel issues, it is still phenomenal but the visual component is distracting even at low doses, something that 5-MeO-MiPT lacks until 10+mg for most people (took 15mg to get sparkling in my vision but I'm crazy tolerant to tryptamines)

Think the same..
I always compare the drugs when using. First, I think that cocaine was very bad & addictive.
I used first mdma (pill). Thought how can a pill effect your life? It f*ckin did (in a good way)
First 10-15 times, there was no comedown what so ever. It was really nice. Then I learnt mdma abuse causes comedowns and depression.
So I tried cocaine. It was nothing compare to mdma, also not scary, not addictive, just too much heart beats..
I didn't like it so switched to Ketamine, it was good but scared the shit out of me. I always thought that If i had a surgery, they can't make me sleep, cuz my tolerance was high (just used 2-3 times haha).
I tried weed, stoned feeling was too intense for me, just wanted to party. Then I moved back to mdma. Tried to control myself and leave rolling to special nights.
Now, I can't relax on mdma, can't feel the positive effects. Think that it's psychological but If you want to use drugs to party mdma is number one.
You can change the substance but can't expect the same things.

But if you care your serotonin like I do, I will quit using it. Maybe I'm too overprotecting but I feel bad that I ruined my brain functions.
Psychedelics are much more safer than mdma (2c-b lsd).

Good idea. how long were your tolerance breaks when you used MDMA? im curious because you say you felt no positive side effects but how long before was the last time you rolled?