• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Alcohol - The shittiest 'high' of all?

I think many of us are born with brains that don't get enough happiness chemicals naturally, so we're attracted to drugs and booze to normalize things. Certainly the case with me, but luckily alcohol never went further than heavy social drinking a few nights a week. Weed, Coke and Es on the other hand...immediate compulsive use after first tries. I've sworn off anything beyond weed forever now tbh, they just start to take over my soul even after a single use. I feel weak, most people can take them socially and be fine, but not me.

Think I've only ever been drunk twice in my whole life. What a lousy, fucking peice of shit "high". Slightly funny for the first half an hour then gradually going down to a depressive hangover with added vomiting "for shits and giggles" then the miserable day after. With untold damage to every organ in your body for good measure. Plus you have to go to pubs and be around loud people "which i find vexatious to the spirit" (as reggie kray once said...)

I got drunk at 18 and it was so shit I thought all drugs would be the same - till I started taking drugs at 30 and instantly fell in love with them all. Within 6 months I was taking drugs for England 😀

What say you my rockabilly buddies?
I say as I do to very many, perhaps give kava a try one time. Just never ever within 24 hrs minimum of alcohol and vice versa, ideally 48.

GHK instant Kavas are a good easy starting place too, IMO.

Alcohol with a small amount of benzos can give me mental euphoria that benzos and alcohol don't give me when taken alone.
Easy man, this is actually a core feature relating to my own benzo addiction.

The synergy with kava. Just like alcohol, the two together is a different effect, greater euphoria, anxiolysis, mood uplift, just general highness.

I started both at the same time too, Oct 2019. So I never was routined with either individually.

I think many of us are born with brains that don't get enough happiness chemicals naturally, so we're attracted to drugs and booze to normalize things. Certainly the case with me, but luckily alcohol never went further than heavy social drinking a few nights a week. Weed, Coke and Es on the other hand...immediate compulsive use after first tries. I've sworn off anything beyond weed forever now tbh, they just start to take over my soul even after a single use. I feel weak, most people can take them socially and be fine, but not me.
Are you still using coke at a destructive level?

Even when the amounts I’m using aren’t humongous it’s more about recognising my behaviour towards using the drug. Knowing that I’m in a hole makes me even more depressed/anxious. Just keeps snowballing .

Are you still using coke at a destructive level?

Even when the amounts I’m using aren’t humongous it’s more about recognising my behaviour towards using the drug. Knowing that I’m in a hole makes me even more depressed/anxious. Just keeps snowballing .
I had quite a problem with it in my early 20s. Only the occasional times in the decade since. I did some last year after I broke up with my ex, and it was all I thought about for weeks, did it three more times (by myself ffs) before realizing I was a moron. I've literally told my mates to tell me to shut the fuck up or pretend it's not around if I ever suggest it in future. I'll walk out of a room if people are doing it.

I'm on medications for the condition I have which would make it pretty dangerous to do hard drugs now, which is kind of a blessing.

I just smoke a ton of weed for medical and recreational reasons now, which does me just fine! Good luck on your journey mate.

Alcohol is shit for me after the initial buzz... especially now I've become physically addicted to it again it's a daily grind that is easily forgotten by the temptation to socially drink. That being said I so wish I could drink socially and am envious of u jammy people who can handle it...don't wanna cross the line and ruin it for yourself like me.
I've came to the conclusion that it's not worth the risk now personally though since last time it began with social drinking then spiralled.

I got good news today...They are gonna detox me finally! Yeeha. So I'm away to soak up the rest of the sun with a cocktail to celebrate. Oh the irony 😂 could well be my last summer tipple for years to come so gonna really go for it as if it isn't destroying me from the inside out! ☀️ - omg I can actually say as if it 'hasn't been' now because I see a light at the end of the tunnel via detox. Thank u thank u thank u thank u my wee absolute angel of a support worker LT if u ever read this and know who it is!

Edit: really looking forward to being able to actually afford some other drugs again lol.

Last edited:
As my dad remarked after his brother was so drunk he had shit the bed "Ive been bad but ive never shit the bed - not yet anyway... "

I fondly remember a guy at uni who came in steaming and pissed all over his housemate cos he thought he was in the bathroom. Alcohol sure does produce some fun times!

I had quite a problem with it in my early 20s. Only the occasional times in the decade since. I did some last year after I broke up with my ex, and it was all I thought about for weeks, did it three more times (by myself ffs) before realizing I was a moron. I've literally told my mates to tell me to shut the fuck up or pretend it's not around if I ever suggest it in future. I'll walk out of a room if people are doing it.

I'm on medications for the condition I have which would make it pretty dangerous to do hard drugs now, which is kind of a blessing.

I just smoke a ton of weed for medical and recreational reasons now, which does me just fine! Good luck on your journey mate.
Thanks man, it is what it is 🤷‍♂️. I’ll either figure it out or i won’t.

glad you aren’t using coke at destructive levels.

sorry to hear you have health issues. Guess as you kind of said, gotta look at it in a positive way that means you can’t use anynore.

Thanks man, it is what it is 🤷‍♂️. I’ll either figure it out or i won’t.

glad you aren’t using coke at destructive levels.

sorry to hear you have health issues. Guess as you kind of said, gotta look at it in a positive way that means you can’t use anynore.
One hundred percent. The health issues have saved me from developing serious drug problems in a perverse kind of way.

Alcohol more than any other drug I've been addicted to becomes less euphoric almost to the point of dysphoric over time

@LoginNotSecure 3 days? Doing better than me friend, I can't get past 48 hours

how are you eating without it? Do you get stomach issues on withdrawal? I do too, but not that bad. Curious.

I have zero appetite already and when I don't drink it gets even worse somehow

I eat well, my food intake has never been an issue. The beer shite the day after though are horrific. And I find the day after as soon as I start drinking again, as soon as the alcohol hits my stomach, my guts drop and it’s off for another squirty poop.

Don’t drink to excess, just regularly. But with all the beer and wine over the past six months combined with all the rich food, I’ve put on loads of weight. Currently at my heaviest I’ve ever been.

Putting on socks and trimming the toe nails is now considered a work out. 😂