European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Alcohol - The shittiest 'high' of all?

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Think I've only ever been drunk twice in my whole life. What a lousy, fucking peice of shit "high". Slightly funny for the first half an hour then gradually going down to a depressive hangover with added vomiting "for shits and giggles" then the miserable day after. With untold damage to every organ in your body for good measure. Plus you have to go to pubs and be around loud people "which i find vexatious to the spirit" (as reggie kray once said...)

I got drunk at 18 and it was so shit I thought all drugs would be the same - till I started taking drugs at 30 and instantly fell in love with them all. Within 6 months I was taking drugs for England 😀

What say you my rockabilly buddies?

I love getting drunk; I am a "good" drunk.

I get a buzz and keep it going for 5-13 hours, eat well, have fun, rarely suffer hangovers - although If I go too hard for weeks I start to get a touch of anxiety and irrational dread, but a night off sorts that

By my reckoning this is year 18 of daily drinking at least the equivalent of half a case per night, with three breaks; around a year 2008/2009 around 8 months in 2011 or 12 and a month off in 2017

Cheaper than therapy

Did you enjoy the high the first time you tried it jackal? Or did you keep going back?Lemmy said to get a hangover you have to stop drinking - so he just keeps drinking.

Did you enjoy the high the first time you tried it jackal? Or did you keep going back?Lemmy said to get a hangover you have to stop drinking - so he just keeps drinking.

I can't remember clearly the first time I drank, but I definitely remember drinking some whiskey and stout as a tiny nipper and it tasted terrible

By the time we were 12/13 we would stop to get a cider in the pub after football training on the way home, that was lovely and usually just the one

I used to drink really heavily. I used it like a sedative and often drank alone. Just cramming in enough fast enough to blot myself out but not get sick. Went on for years. Then I got put on prescribed amps and totally lost for taste for it. My doc reckons the heavy drinking was just me trying to quiet my overactive ADHD head. He might be right since the more amps I take the more revolting I find the thought of alcohol. I might hold and sip a glass to be sociable but I haven’t drunk more than that or had any desire for it for over 5 years. And I used to drink super compulsively.

If you want a shitty high without parallel in its levels of shitness, try eating three heaped dessert spoons of powdered nutmeg

Out of everything I've ever taken, that was by far the worst, even belladonna was more fun/novel

I have not drank since 2005. I did have a small bottle of rum myself in 2013 on a trip to DR one night. But in all that time that was it.

I can say for sure, any friends I have that drank heavily, meaning everyday at high levels and continued the same drinking later in life, are totally pickled in their 50's. I see the effects. The others that knew how to control their drinking seem fine. They can stay on topic, can answer a direct question.... lol But some others I just shake my head.

Drink when you are young, as you get older stay in moderation. Heavy drinking will get you. I mean lets face it. We use alcohol to kill things and it kills most that it touches.

I dislike alcohol. It seems at some level these exreme drunks channel the same asshole personality. Beyond a certain point it is the same asshole entity whether you are male or female that comes though.

In terms of effects, chugging a icy cold beer on a hot day can feel great. That I can say. But it feels good for 20 minutes then it levels off to dehydration and headache for me. If that good feeling was extended by even an hour I may have liked alcohol better. But someone here said that people chase the 20 minute high by keeping drinking but never reach it again. Makes sense to me.

I am glad I quit drinking.

The amount of lives that are ruined by alcohol leaes me speechless. We all know te story if the alcoholic mother or father. Had a friend that got divorced and when her husband had the kids for the weekend she cringed as he was a drinker. Worried about driving with the kids drunk. Nobody should have to go through that.

I was late to the party as far as alcohol was concerned. Just couldn't see the appeal of the stuff when I was younger. Sure, i used to go to the pub a lot, but I was a total lightweight and four pints of pub piss would knock me sick. I much preferred drugs, so I'd make a couple of pints last all night while my mates were all getting ratarsed and I was making frequent visits to the bogs for another cheeky line.

I also couldn't handle booze and cannabis. Guaranteed whitey every time.

So I remained virtually teetotal until my mid 40's - which coincided with the tail end of my heroin addiction. Since then, I've been a fuckin beast for the booze. I just can't get enough.

But it's got to stop...

If alcohol did not have a toxic metabolite it would be one of the best drugs in the world a decent drug IMO.

I hate alcohol but I've sure had a lot of fun drinking. It stopped being fun around 5 years ago I'd say.

If you want a shitty high without parallel in its levels of shitness, try eating three heaped dessert spoons of powdered nutmeg

Out of everything I've ever taken, that was by far the worst, even belladonna was more fun/novel

I'm with you there Jackal. The worst experience of my fuckin life. 2oz of powdered nutmeg eaten with a dessert spoon turned into 48 hours of the world spinning uncontrollably with frequent bouts of projectile vomiting.

I was clinging on to my bedroom carpet because I was scared off falling off.

Never again...

I was late to the party as far as alcohol was concerned. Just couldn't see the appeal of the stuff when I was younger....So I remained virtually teetotal until my mid 40's
Same here, after having been a near-teetotal until my mid 40's I started drinking socially and I'm greatly enjoying the alcohol high, once or twice a month. It's a great recreational substance, very enhancing, lots of laughters and banter, in that drunken euphoric haze. Thankfully I don't enjoy getting drunk on my own, otherwise it would be a slippery slope indeed.
Prosecco, rose wine, white wine and clean, citrussy long drinks are my favourites. It goes very well with weed for me too 🥂🍾;)

I like alcohol to start the evening off, a few pints of beer or some vodka. Then onto whatever drug I'm gonna take. Quite enjoyed DMT after getting tipsy first, it took away all the fear and anxiety I sometimes get.

When I stop drinking hopefully soon the only time I'll have some is before a trip or at a gig/festival, an even then I'm not bothered just when taking anything else and never again in the house

I really dislike it at heart it turns me in to an arsehole. And I am one already.

Last edited:
I drank a lot before I began smoking weed and trying out other drugs and back then, I loved alcohol.
I can only "enjoy" getting drunk if I'm alone. I don't get drunk around other people. Usually ends bad.
However, combining a six pack or some rum with amphetamine or coke can be nice.

But I'd rather do some Lyrica if I want to stumble around like a village idiot, haha.

It's so fucking heavy on the body, I feel like roadkill when I'm hungover.

Sloppy-fucking-high.

Alcohol kind of sucks, edgy. Fuzzy, dirty etc. Doesn't really relieve anxiety much either.

Yet of course i drink every night, averaging around 7-8 drinks. Would like to stop. It thinks its easier to quit than to cut down.

Years ago (when i had a 12 drink a night habit) I smoked a bunch of meth (im not a regular user) and suddenly realized: im going to quit drinking tonight. I stopped for almost 2 years.

Funny enough about a year ago i took a bunch of 2-FMA (a methamphetamine analog) and had the same realization. I stopped again but that only lasted a week 🤯

Alcohol kind of sucks, edgy. Fuzzy, dirty etc. Doesn't really relieve anxiety much either.

Yet of course i drink every night, averaging around 7-8 drinks. Would like to stop. It thinks its easier to quit than to cut down.

Years ago (when i had a 12 drink a night habit) I smoked a bunch of meth (im not a regular user) and suddenly realized: im going to quit drinking tonight. I stopped for almost 2 years.

Funny enough about a year ago i took a bunch of 2-FMA (a methamphetamine analog) and had the same realization. I stopped again but that only lasted a week 🤯
There is an old thread somewhere where quite a few people talked about stopping or quitting drinking alcohol when they started amps (as I did too). I would love to know how that works.

Think I've only ever been drunk twice in my whole life. What a lousy, fucking peice of shit "high". Slightly funny for the first half an hour then gradually going down to a depressive hangover with added vomiting "for shits and giggles" then the miserable day after. With untold damage to every organ in your body for good measure. Plus you have to go to pubs and be around loud people "which i find vexatious to the spirit" (as reggie kray once said...)

I got drunk at 18 and it was so shit I thought all drugs would be the same - till I started taking drugs at 30 and instantly fell in love with them all. Within 6 months I was taking drugs for England 😀

What say you my rockabilly buddies?

Maybe alcohol just isn't for you?
I love it, though. Well, I don't drink, but I DID love it.

But many thing are worse! Even objectively.

Anti-histamine "highs" are subjectively awful.
"Spice" and other synthetic cannabinoids are by far the worst, IMO.

I used to have a daft joke with my dad who drank too much - the day after he'd say to me "what was i like?" and id be like i was telling him off " You were in a terrible state...a TERRIBLE state.. " then I'd smile "You were in ALASKA".

But it did affect his health and he died young, miss him so much, I once fell off a chair laughing at his sense of humour.