• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Alcohol hangover = Alcohol withdrawal (?)

whats dxm freebase? did you smoke cough syrup?
No lol its DXM that isnt bound to bromine

So instead of DXM Hydrobromide its just free molecules of DXM, most drugs are bound to Hydrochloride salts idk why DXM uses hydrobromide

So freebase in this instance just refers to the form the drug takes not the act of smoking

I have seen folks try to smoke raw dxm and it's pointless apparently it just gets destroyed

People will try to smoke anything

I find alcohol and its metabolites have a pronounced dissociative effect altho it is subtle and lost beneath the heavier GABA buzz
Yeah, ethanol antagonizes NMDA receptors, so it's technically also a dissociative. I know people say all the good effects are mediated by GABA but I'm not so sure given that I'd always prefer a disso over a benzo unless I had a serious anxiety attack.

Not sure if one can smoke DXM but given its structural similarity to opioids (it's a dextrorotary morphinan if I'm not misled now) it might be possible. Dissociatives certainly benefit from a quick onset if one wants to hole but DXM is overall such a dirty drug, it's among the few I can't take anymore because of strong psychotomimetic side effects.

But indeed, people'll smoke anything. Once I've ordered a few RCs from a shady page, and they sent me some weird gelatine like yellow/brown stuff instead of the troparil which a seriously addicted buddy didn't hesitate to smoke. Had no effects, good nor bad but I felt bad that I gave it to him. Wouldn't have touched that without an analysis.

Yeah, ethanol antagonizes NMDA receptors, so it's technically also a dissociative. I know people say all the good effects are mediated by GABA but I'm not so sure given that I'd always prefer a disso over a benzo unless I had a serious anxiety attack.

Not sure if one can smoke DXM but given its structural similarity to opioids (it's a dextrorotary morphinan if I'm not misled now) it might be possible. Dissociatives certainly benefit from a quick onset if one wants to hole but DXM is overall such a dirty drug, it's among the few I can't take anymore because of strong psychotomimetic side effects.

But indeed, people'll smoke anything. Once I've ordered a few RCs from a shady page, and they sent me some weird gelatine like yellow/brown stuff instead of the troparil which a seriously addicted buddy didn't hesitate to smoke. Had no effects, good nor bad but I felt bad that I gave it to him. Wouldn't have touched that without an analysis.
Yeah drug addiction brings some of us to some pretty weird low places, I really hope compassionate care and decriminalization are able to put a dent in the stigma of drug use so people can either pursue help for sober living or access clean materials without worrying about losing their job or family over it.

I really like DXM for some reason, I guess I fall into the 1/3 of people who enjoy the experience. I will admit I try to not push the dosage, generally prefer smaller amounts combined with conversation or some sort of physical activity

I think a lot of people just want dxm to be ketamine where you sit there and zone out and it's so much more than that.
It beckons you to read theough information and fiction with enhanced pleasure and appreciate scenery/small moments without worrying about a bunch of bullshit.

I would say good experiences on DXM are cleansing to me on a level I dont really understand as ot isn't as pure or healing of a feeling as say LSD.

But the grittier more ego driven experiences on DXM I have had shaped my ability to understand sometimes hands must get dirty for things to grow.

Last edited:
Yeah drug addiction brings some of us to some pretty weird low places, I really hope compassionate care and decriminalization are able to put a dent in the stigma of drug use so people can either pursue help for sober living or access clean materials without worrying about losing their job or family over it.

I really like DXM for some reason, I guess I fall into the 1/3 of people who enjoy the experience. I will admit I try to not push the dosage, generally prefer smaller amounts combined with conversation or some sort of physical activity

I think a lot of people just want dxm to be ketamine where you sit there and zone out and it's so much more than that.
It beckons you to read theough information and fiction with enhanced pleasure and appreciate scenery/small moments without worrying about a bunch of bullshit.

I would say good experiences on DXM are cleansing to me on a level I dont really understand as ot isn't as pure or healing of a feeling as say LSD.

But the grittier more ego driven experiences on DXM I have had shaped my ability to understand sometimes hands must get dirty for things to grow.

any ideas where to acid?

any ideas where to acid?
Hippies
revolution-sexuelle-liberation-moeurs-mai-68-hippies-woodstock.jpg

Last edited:
what damage? you think there is a lot of brain damage from quitting severe alcoholism?
no thinking about it. There is absolutely damage from quitting ethanol ANd benzos. any severe gaba habit. when you lose the ability to regulate glutamate and the electrical signals of your brain that frying feeling/zaps etc is literally that. You're causing cell death through overactivation without any "breaks" of the GABA system. Repeat ethanol withdrawal results in an old timey syndrome known as "wet brain" which is just the accumulation of that damage. it doesn't happen as much now because people get put on benzos but same same. any time you are downregulating/fucking w GABA you run the risk of going to far and ending up in a glutamate brain cooking crisis. feels so damn awful. Hope i never experience that again.

are you off the alcohol now? i did cold turkey many times maybe thats why im fucked up in the head. just got back on the alcohol addiction lately again. its shitty cuz i have benzo addiction to go along with it too now. i have a bad feeling i wont make it. i need some acid to bootleg my brain but that guy aint being helpful

no thinking about it. There is absolutely damage from quitting ethanol ANd benzos. any severe gaba habit. when you lose the ability to regulate glutamate and the electrical signals of your brain that frying feeling/zaps etc is literally that. You're causing cell death through overactivation without any "breaks" of the GABA system. Repeat ethanol withdrawal results in an old timey syndrome known as "wet brain" which is just the accumulation of that damage. it doesn't happen as much now because people get put on benzos but same same. any time you are downregulating/fucking w GABA you run the risk of going to far and ending up in a glutamate brain cooking crisis. feels so damn awful. Hope i never experience that again.
I still think I done lasting damage sometimes, but if i have at least it's minimal. I didn't realise that these jerks and twitches were wd's for a long time.

are you off the alcohol now? i did cold turkey many times maybe thats why im fucked up in the head. just got back on the alcohol addiction lately again. its shitty cuz i have benzo addiction to go along with it too now. i have a bad feeling i wont make it. i need some acid to bootleg my brain but that guy aint being helpful
ok. that's a pickle, and what i just went through. get off the ethanol first and foremost , like ASAP. it's like pouring kerosene on a fire. then work on titrating the benzos. You can do it, it will just take a long time.
Please god do not go get some acid if you are in this state. the stimulation from LSD is all purely glutamatergic. if you were twitchy/having glutamate and booze problems the last thing you want to do is throw LSD on that. use some tryptamines, mdma or something else. trust me
on this one, it is NOT a good mix. DT's/benzo withdrawals FEEL like the beginning of the worst, most evil acid trip ever complete with brightened colors, trails... except that goes into shaking, hallucinations and delerium.

you may feel you aren't gonna make it, and that may be the case for any of us. But i guarantee you the way you don't want to go out is in combo ethanol/bzd withdrawals. one of the worst ways to go.

I sympathize with your state, but it's against the rules to ask for sources, or give them, which you know. So not really fair to criticize someone for not telling you

As far as masturbating to deal with your alcoholism, here's a suggestion, take it for what its worth:

Obtain a vehicle, find a nice scenic sparsely traveled hwy. Put on the cruise control, carefully undress, and then fantasize and masturbate. You might want to get your sperm clean and foamy with no naaasty smell. You can do it either way but some people reeally like the taster of clear foamy sperm. Once your done you can clean up and get dressed at your leisure. Better yet, pull the car over (this takes some preparation, planning, and common sense) and very casually take a nude stroll in whatever countryside your are in (there are nudists everywhere), take a smoke, snog, or bump. Enjoy and examine the soil, rocks, insects, plants, or wildlife. Rub your juices all over your face, mouth, nose, hair, chest, stomach, arms, back, groin, hips, legs, asshole, and your feet and toes.

When you are completely done (you need to get over you're body shaming, man), then proceed to casually stroll back to your car, walk slowly, unconsciously.

Maybe do a little yoga or stretching of your groin, back and limbs. Let your gut loosen in over you nuts (its going to feel like a hernia), clench your teeth and groan like YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.

Then get cleaned up however much you see fit for the ride home (taking into consideration who uses the car). Or just get dressed and cleaned up piecemeal on the drive home.

Gently put back on whatever clothing you're comfortable with.

Snaf, if you can't to this alone, you are going to continue to have problems with alcohol related anxiety and depression (frankly, you drink too much, you need to mix it with some more YOU). And if you can't do this alone and enjoy you, your body, YOUR genetalia, and YOUR body, then you have no hope of making it with a WOMAN the way YOU WANT and the way SHE NEEDS YOU TO.

I'm out of cell phone screen here Snaf.

IMO

They are extremely similar in my opinion. I used to shake from lack of sugar in my body after a heavy night, and feel nervous and dehydrated.
That's almost identical to minor alcohol withdrawal if you ask me (yeah I know you didn't) but heavy hangovers have tricked me into thinking I'm in alcohol withdrawal many times, leading onto yet another physical dependence to alcohol.

I never experienced withdrawals because I don’t drink daily. I also don’t really get hangovers like it’s just a mild sick feeling nothing to terrible. Also I only feel hangovers from like 7+ shots or 4+ beers. I drank two 12 oz Octoberfest’s when I got off work today and I took a nap but now I feel more refreshed and better than before I drank the beers. I think it’s because I got the insomnia. But large amounts made me feel bad after it where’s off but I don’t feel bad at all right now.