• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Air Jordan Appreciation Thread (nike)

^no worries, bro. :)

my last two pairs for 09 have arrived (the swap)

black/stealth xx3
thedevilsnumberis1412.jpg

and the really hard to find red suede xx1
thedevilsnumberis1413.jpg

i desperately want the doernbecher charity vi
aj-vi-doernbecher-m-1m.jpg

but they have only released and the resalers have instantaneously added USD$100 to the value and that is only going to go up :(

brilliant! scored these for retail plus shipping. i'm so friggin stoked. we haven't decided if this is my bday pressie for next year or comes from my 2010 budget.

^^ They are pretty rad! I love the "Black Stealth" ones the most though :)

wearing those today, you inspired me <3

but you know, "stealth" is just a jordan brand wank of a name for a light grey colour.

doing a bit of shoe doctoring. spiz'ikes and fire red iii's are notorious for cracking paint. i bought angelus paints, who make a fire red colour specifically for this purpose, but i've decided to change the fire reds into the superrare and never released katrina 3's.

progress report

cleaning up my spiz'ikes
before
thedevilsnumberis1447.jpg

acetone clean (a real pain, but works)
thedevilsnumberis1448.jpg

after
thedevilsnumberis1451.jpg

just needs some touch ups on the lines.

and now for the big job
before
thedevilsnumberis1450.jpg

thedevilsnumberis1449.jpg

now
thedevilsnumberis1453.jpg

thedevilsnumberis1452.jpg

still got to do the lace holes and touch up the midsole lines and then decide on lightening the elephant print.

i want them to look like these katrinas
24cs5rl.jpg

you aren't the only one. :)

but it's cool. i've looked a little into it during my last unit, which touched upon the impact of globalisation on culture, and found that big labels like nike who were initially the worst offenders when it came to turning a blind eye to the contractors they employ, actually took a few expenses and measures to reduce the exploitation happening. in one instance, they themselves financed an investigation in their own factories which highlighted quite a few problems (they didn't hide it). Nowadays, there are multiple audits, both by the companies themselves and independent bodies. i could look it up and name the independent assessor and cite references but i can't be arsed right now.

finished
it's the first time i've ever done something like this. i'm happy with the results. :)

dsc00059y.jpg

dsc00061wl.jpg

dsc00060vf.jpg

dsc00062xe.jpg

<34n3o :D

yay for new VIII's. these are my third pair since 1993. originally i got the black based with aqua accents, and then around 2003 got the white with red accents.

this time i got a nicely contrasting pair
thedevilsnumberis1462.jpg

thedevilsnumberis1463.jpg

happy impimp is hapenis

the gold satin inner lining makes me feel like a rubntug. seriously, vi's have always had the best uppers in terms of fit, now these are a whole nother level.

thedevilsnumberis1469.jpg

sole of ice
thedevilsnumberis1470.jpg

omlette du qualite dos fantastique
thedevilsnumberis1471.jpg

what time is it?
thedevilsnumberis1468.jpg

game time!

i couldn't resist. these are my pair of the instantly sold out spacejam xi. i paid a bit more (still less than aussie retail) and compromised the white/red vi next year for them, but i have no idea when the next black based xi will come out. and i really NEED a pair in my life.

mw2uti.jpg

10eig4w.jpg

1zcekv4.jpg

2sbvkag.jpg

smg4dz.jpg

w8x69v.jpg

5djegx.jpg

they'll be sent to me along with a pair of black/red vi (my favourite shoe ever) in late jan. can't wait.

^^ Wow dude they are mighty purdy! I think they are my favourites so far <3

i've loved the xi since i had them when they originally came out in 1996. patent leather and carbon fibre plate were a first in bball shoes.

now a lesson on the signature line from 1985 - 2009

daj1_wht_blk_var.jpg

daj2_wht_blk_red.jpg

daj3.jpg

daj4_mars.jpg

daj5_blk_sil_red.jpg

daj6_blk_red.jpg

daj7_blk.jpg

daj8_blk_aqua.jpg

daj9_wht_gry.jpg

daj10_wht_blk.jpg

daj11_blk_patent_red.jpg

JO130690-110_imageview_12_121_12821.jpg

daj13_wht_gry_red.jpg

daj14_blk_red_blk.jpg

daj15_obs_wht.jpg

daj16_mid_ginger.jpg

daj17_wht_red.jpg

daj18_wht_blue.jpg

daj19_wht_gry.jpg

daj20_wht_blk.jpg

daj21_wht_blk_red.jpg

daj22_wht_red_blk.jpg

daj23_blk_red_stlth.jpg

AJ2009 aka 24
NI343084-161_imageview_12_621_8277.jpg

these are just the sigs. there're countless others. most of the above have been crossed with nike air force 1's. many have .5 edition as a combination of two close shoes, like the 5.5 is a cross between 5 and 6. there're a few shoes combining several of the sigs. some special editions and player editions. but the sig line is the heart and soul of the brand.

here endith today's lesson :)

when hype goes bad
Air-Jordan-Space-Jam-Release.jpg

people rioted in atlanta for the spacejam xi release.

fuckin kids

Idiots.

When I actually played ball, I found the 9's of all the pairs I owned to be most comfortable.

The 6's are still a favourite of mine.