• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Air Jordan Appreciation Thread (nike)

out with the old
thedevilsnumberis668ds2.jpg

in with the new
thedevilsnumberis816gj2.jpg

i took a pair of teva hiking shoes to nepal. they were small for me and i beat the living shit out of them going over those mountains.

yet when i sold them later they were in almost new condition.

proper hiking/walking shoes feel like 4wd feet next to the above jays. and they're a million times more sturdy. i remember taking one of my discounted jays to a shoe repair place to have a piece of material glued back on properly. when i got them back the owner of the place told me that they were flimsey, delicate shoes.

i got a second hand pair of white/silver V's for AUD$7 (plus $10 shipping). sweet.

lol, i bought those from ebay on an auction and i was the highest bidder, now not even a month later, i sold that same pair on ebay for $180 + shipping. =D

sold my used carmine VI's alone for $300. hell i even sold my beaten to shit black red VI shoes, not even in wearable condition for $15.50!

my original teva's. wish they still sold them.

tevapl6.jpg

wow.

please tell me you're kidding.

that's like giving up filet mignon and you've decided to just chew on gristle.

serious bizness. see my ebay store in the link in the previous page.

for my purposes, two or three pair of walking/hiking shoes/boots is far more suited than 20-30 jays. i don't ball.

to answer your food analogy, "we eat to live, not live to eat" ;)

the beast is back.

never found a good pair of appropriate walking shoes, so the thirst has returned. it has pained me a bit so last night i got auth from the boss to have a specific annual shoe budget.

first up,

who can find me this twin pack on discount in the states?

air-jordan-v-toro-bravo-pack.jpg

called "air jordan bravo toro (raging bull)"

mods: thanks for not pruning my baby. <3

^found a good deal for them online

and a pair of these
air-jordan-dub-d-zero-black-red.jpg

so there goes half my annual budget :D

chud up! my vice is nondestructive! NONDESTRUCTIVE!

ok, my 2009 budget is now used up.

xvjmpmansite.JPG

always wanted these XV's.

they're weird

Last edited:
^^^ not a fan of those.

There's a specific pair of low cut jordans i really want but havent found a pic of them ever again.
i think may have been a limited release.

^i can't believe how fast they arrived. bought on friday from taiwan. arrived monday.

what year did the low jays release?

not sure tbh,

these aren't the ones but i wouldn't mind them now that i'm having a look

jordan-q4-black-red-low.jpg

they look pretty sweet though.
im going to keep my eye out for them now, they keep growing on me.

They're called the "TRUNNER", and i like how they are based off the IV.

airjordan4retromain.jpg

I had a pair of trunner from about 10 years ago and they were one of the most comfy shoes i ever had. can't find a pick of them. they had no laces and one strap which crossed the bridge of the foot.

i'm a fookin fiend. seriously, this addiction got me by the balls hard.

four more pairs on their way. i swapped two for two, the others were a awesome deals too good to pass up (and are basically my xmas pressie).

i've had to swap my luscious XIs (new beauties above) because, devastatingly, they don't fit right and cause blisters on the back of my heels. along with a pair of spare untouched cdp XIV's i'm getting

red suede xx1's
air-jordan-21-xx1-or-xxi-varsity-red-metallic-silver-black-18.png

which are bloody hard to come by and are one of my greatest regretted misses
and
black/stealth XX3's
air-jordan-23-xx3-or-xxiii-stealth-black-metallic-silver-varsity-red-18.png

also a regret but still quite common

my xmas pressies are

white/stealth xx3's
aj-23-stealth-white-dl-main.jpg

they were a steal and along with the above black and my allstars completes my favourite 3 xx3 (incredible shoe)
and
white/red XIX (midwest)
aj194.jpg

the xix is known to be one of the most comfy jordans, but i don't see how it can come close to the xx3 or xx.

i desperately want the doernbecher charity vi
aj-vi-doernbecher-m-1m.jpg

but they have only released and the resalers have instantaneously added USD$100 to the value and that is only going to go up :(