• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Air Jordan Appreciation Thread (nike)

Hey L2R, what can you tell me about the release of these Air Jordan 1 "Polka Dots?" I don't know a whole shit ton about the sequential release dates and what not so I don't know if they're out, have been out, are coming out, or are just a concept. Fill me in, buddy! I wouldn't mind droppin a few pennies on these bad ass kicks!

polka-1-3.jpg

polka-1-2.jpg

polka-1-4.jpg

polka-1-5.jpg

since they are on marqueesole, they are probably a future release. it's hard to keep up, there are so many different jordan 1's. i generally steer clear of them, i can't justify their prices considering that you're only getting 1985 technology. the only pair i have are fakes, since they are exactly the same.

just see how many there are on PYS
http://www.pickyourshoes.com/items.asp?pid=118&productcode=12

the ONLY 1's i'd buy and wear are the alphas
http://www.pickyourshoes.com/items.asp?pid=1270&productcode=12

they merge the classic style with modern tech. you can even make custom ones on nikeid.

today i got a nice package
20101222001.jpg

four pairs

20101222002.jpg

including two rarer charity kicks *drools*

20101222003.jpg

me today is good and happy

oh man, i've been dying for a good green colourway for ages, the boston celtics player editions are always the best, but they are rare as shit. those charity 2's i've been chasing since 07 too, my jaw dropped when i found an affordable deadstock pair.

today i got on my flint xiii. never had a xiii before, they feel like pillows on my feet.
20101223003.jpg

my niece and nephew bought the first gift we got for our upcoming little boy, his first jays

20101225003.jpg

^ I've seen lots of those online :)

One question L2R... why don't they come in width sizes?? Or at least a 2E... I would buy the crapola out of these if they fit me, I love them...

it's weird, mate. some models run wide and others run narrow. they simply do not make them in different widths, sadly.

2's-5's are a little wider, then 6's-9's are slightly narrower (due to their awesome inner booties, actually they're worth having extra space in front). surprisingly, the xiii which just came out, and you could find both the flints (above) and white/red (also sexy) in a good footlocker, and they're heaps more spacey inside than i expected. lots of room. Go try some on. just don't pay ridiculous aussie retail for them.

Other wide models from memory are the 15 and 21. the 2010 have a huge toe box, they should also be found in footlockers now.

steer clear of the 17, they are supernarrow. i have a half size above my normal and they can still cause a little discomfort, and there is no way i can get away with actually using the lace cover (they pop off).

check out reply #178 in this thread for a rundown on what each number looks like. the 2010 are several posts later.

Last edited:
oh my doernbecher charity 2's are supersex3.

20101225001k.jpg

been wanting these since they came out.
20101225002.jpg

my collection now, which won't change for a while.
20101229001.jpg

now i'm spent
3000-austin-powers.jpg

I tried to take a picture off the manican on Oxford Street in some shop. The dude cam out and told me its not allowed-wtf?
Air Jordans were passed on to my 'former ' sons.

today it's all about black/dark charcoal IX's.

20101224001.jpg

I had these in the same colour and still recall them as being one the most comfortable pair of shoes I ever wore on the basketball court. ever. =D

I love the elastic tongue and snug fit.

oh and what of the hare jordans in space jam, you gonna get pair of these bad boys ;)

hare_jordan_1.jpg

Anyone know where id be able to find some Jordan 3's/4's?

I heard you cant get them at footlocker or finish line..or at least not on the reg

lol@ losty

cherry, there'll be a few 3's coming out in 2011. starting with the supersexy white cements
air-jordan-3-iii-retro-white-cement-grey-fire-red-1.png

rumour has it white cement iv's are coming out in 2011 but this is still unconfirmed. you can find lots of colours of both on ebay and pickyourshoes.com

check this collection out
http://www.mrmar23.webs.com/
this guy is a jordan collecting GOD. seriously, when he posted the below pic, my heart skipped a beat and i felt faint

**click at your own risk, megaheat inside**
NSFW:
5188515674_7f2af30153_b.jpg

*faints*

Ordered my first pair of Jordan's, waited on finishline.com for the midnight release :p reretro-ed fire red, cement and white 3's baby!

DAMN I CANT WAIT TILL THEY COME..

L2R what would you say your most comfortable pair of jordans was? how are 3's in terms of comfortableness...

3's are classic, especially white cements! they are cut lower than normal and the cushioning around the collar and on the tongue are nice. they have standard air in the heel and forefoot which is nice, but remember this is 1988 technology. styling, they kill it. it is the shoe that first had the jumpman logo, the first shoe designed by tinker hatfield (who's almost as legandary as mj himself), and it is the shoe that kept mj with nike (he was going to switch after the italian made 2's).

the most comfy is hard to say. the 2010 were amazing straight out of the box. the separate toe box and full length bottom loaded zoom are ridiculously comfy. the vi upper booty is sooo good. they've been my favourite shoe since i had them in '91. most models have unique pros and cons.