Advice on my MDMA recovery

Delfin, I think it makes sense that when our bodies are under attack from a virus that our psychological vulnerability is higher as well. I hope that both the cold/flu and the anxiety abate soon--they both suck!

Mindfulness for me has been the best tool I have ever used in relation to my own anxiety. The more I practice it the less I have the need to and that has been a very good thing.

Mindfulness (and meditation in generea) has proven to be a very powerful tool for me as well. I only just started practicing, but are already reaping a lot of rewards!

I certainly hope that the degree of anxiety i'm experiencing is related to the flu, and as you say - it would make sense if it was the case!

^it was quite different for me delfin. Whenever I had a cold I actually don't feel it as much. I think what was happening was my mind is focused on the flu/cold so it makes it seem like I don't feel the symptom. I believe that in time you will learn how to cope with it. The most important thing to keep in mind is to always sa to yourself that whatever is happening right at this moment, you will recover.

I have to question why you would mix alcohol coke and "mdma" if you haven't tried "mdma" before...? The best advise i think you could get would be DONT do something so careless again... I have never heard of such depression from one small dose like that. Chances are it wasnt mdma at all and this is why you dont mix unknown chemicals with other chemicals/alcohol.

side note: I dont want to seem like a dick but this is the harsh reality. I wish i had someone to tell me i was stupid back then.. it can save you alot of greif

^Sounds like me when I was abusing it, never tested, and at times mixed with alcohol. And yeah I wish I listened to my friend who tried to stop me. Life's lessons :)

Well, partly because I was pretty stupid and partly because I'm not experienced with drugs and I would never have guessed that such a small dose could have this effect even though I mixed it with alcohol and coke. I actually did a quick google search just before I tried it, but found that a lot of people claimed it to be a very safe drug if taken in sensible doses. Also I never stumbled over any sites discussing the possible long term issues which could occur from just taking it once. I wish I had found my way to BL that night before i went for it :p

^thats what I had been telling myself before. Only if you can turn back time eh? It was hard for me to accept what has happened but all we can do is learn from what happened to us and keep moving forward.

exactly :) Dwelling in the past and worrying about the future is the root of all anxiety. The days I feel the best is unquestionably the days I just live and embrace the moments for what they are :)

Yeah delfin I hope you are doing a lot better. Please update us with your recovery and how you are feeling.

I've been doing tons better, and I'm probably going to write a recovery-post in a couple of months.

I'm able to live a normal life again with almost everything it includes, from drinking alcohol to concentrate on schoolwork and so on.
I still experience anxiety, but it's mostly just "anxiety about the anxiety" - I get anxious that I will experience a major setback at some point, but so far it haven't happened even though I've experienced tons of stress lately :p

So at this point i'm only struggling with a minor ED issue :( - but it will hopefully pass too soon

I want to thank everybody on here for their support, this is truly an amazing place for people who suffers!

I will return soon with a full recovery-thread, but feel free to ask me any question until then :)

- Recovery does happen !!!

I've been doing tons better, and I'm probably going to write a recovery-post in a couple of months.

I'm able to live a normal life again with almost everything it includes, from drinking alcohol to concentrate on schoolwork and so on.
I still experience anxiety, but it's mostly just "anxiety about the anxiety" - I get anxious that I will experience a major setback at some point, but so far it haven't happened even though I've experienced tons of stress lately :p

So at this point i'm only struggling with a minor ED issue :( - but it will hopefully pass too soon

I want to thank everybody on here for their support, this is truly an amazing place for people who suffers!

I will return soon with a full recovery-thread, but feel free to ask me any question until then :)

- Recovery does happen !!!
Ah, you said that all with such confidence. That's great to hear man. Looking forward to the post! Unsure about the ED, try and see if a doctor could find out the cause of that. It could but could also not be anything to do with this whole fiasco. Once again, encouraging post!

Dear All,

I have a question relating to sleep disturbances and insomnia during recovery. Ive suffered from depression and anxiety before, and I feel that I can deal with these after my dose (I took somewhere between 0.5-0.8g of untested MDMA during a stressful time in my life). My only real concern is the insomnia. I was ok the day after my does, and had dreamless sleep. Now, two weeks later, I am waking several times a night form intense and drawn out dreams. Its as if my brain cant do slow-wave sleep and just goes straight into REM. I am confident that I can recover with time. But my question is, has anyone experienced this kind of insomnia (early waking, unrestful sleep) during the first stages of recovery. If so, how long did it last for? and was there anything that helped? Thanks, all the best!

Dear All,

I have a question relating to sleep disturbances and insomnia during recovery. Ive suffered from depression and anxiety before, and I feel that I can deal with these after my dose (I took somewhere between 0.5-0.8g of untested MDMA during a stressful time in my life). My only real concern is the insomnia. I was ok the day after my does, and had dreamless sleep. Now, two weeks later, I am waking several times a night form intense and drawn out dreams. Its as if my brain cant do slow-wave sleep and just goes straight into REM. I am confident that I can recover with time. But my question is, has anyone experienced this kind of insomnia (early waking, unrestful sleep) during the first stages of recovery. If so, how long did it last for? and was there anything that helped? Thanks, all the best!
Hi, I'm 2 months in and I can say that I was able to sleep through the night undisturbed 2 weeks in (but I'm a deep sleeper), but I still have quite vivid dreams, it's getting much better though!

Hi, I'm 2 months in and I can say that I was able to sleep through the night undisturbed 2 weeks in (but I'm a deep sleeper), but I still have quite vivid dreams, it's getting much better though!

thanks for the reply! thats really good to know. The symptom of having a ruined sleep cycle is just the most worrying thing, because its such empirical evidence that you've messed up your brain. I can usually tell myself that depression and anxiety is "all in my head", but when you cant sleep - well you can measure that with a ruler! anyway, thanks for the reply : )

If anyone else has experience getting over the insomnia - Id really appreciate hearing about it

^the last time I chatted with him his dp/dr is way much better but still had some minor issues with memory.

I feel u. Same bra, same. I'd say time was my best healer. Nothing more. I did a shitload of anti-depressants, anti-psychotics for years after... but NOT the same, even now, and only just a month off aALL doctors prescription BS, except subX(but that's a diff story). Maybe switch to weed for a bit...
PtP